• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Are you one of those people that smashes their iPhone because their parents got them the wrong colour?

Haha nah, I was just a little disappointed is all! I didn't get any of the skins I wanted for the Summer event, so I'm hoping to get at least one of the ones I want this time around.

One of the major problems with the game and how Blizzard tries to balance it is that they keep trying to shuffle their numbers around and see if it works rather than take a hard look at the "economy" of the game. The problem with stuff like the ana ult deathball thing is just part of the larger problem that the whole game revolves too hard around ultimates that are inevitable and guaranteed.

Because nobody loses ult charge on death there's no way to outplay the ana's initiation. She WILL get a nanaboost eventually. If people dropped ult charge like medics could drop ubers in TF2 lots of balancing problems and many of the frustrations that people voiced in this thread would disappear at once very elegantly.
This isn't the game you're looking for.

TrueBlue

So anyone else has been blasting off to Michael Jackson's Thriller after the Halloween update?

I'm kinda hoping they do a little musical number on the day. Considering it's still two weeks until the day, I've been holding off on any mood music, as it were.

That being said, I can't think of many Halloweeny songs...

DevilDog

reposting for new page

Maybe the servers that host the game are further away.

I'm kinda hoping they do a little musical number on the day. Considering it's still two weeks until the day, I've been holding off on any mood music, as it were.

That being said, I can't think of many Halloweeny songs...

You want an Overwatch short for a Musical starring the Overwatch cast? These vids don't grow on trees, it would be very expensive. You can help Blizzard out by buying more Halloween Lootboxes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only acceptable golden weapon is Rein's hammer when combined with that new golden armor. Rest are just rubbish and look tacky :/
Oh, golden guns are pretty tame
maxresdefault.jpg
It could be so, so much worse

TrueBlue

Maybe the servers that host the game are further away.

You want an Overwatch short for a Musical starring the Overwatch cast? These vids don't grow on trees, it would be very expensive. You can help Blizzard out by buying more Halloween Lootboxes.

I can't afford to spend too much on Overwatch at the moment. Like, maybe a couple of quid at best.

Then again, if the OW cast were to jam to the Monster Mash, I'd consider that a good investment!

Fuckin lulz...few days ago I spent Overcoins on the Sharkbait hog skin since he's my fav hero and I had no skins for him.

In the last 2 days, I've gotten it twice from loot box opens...that's some pretty shit luck if ya ask me.

One of the major problems with the game and how Blizzard tries to balance it is that they keep trying to shuffle their numbers around and see if it works rather than take a hard look at the "economy" of the game. The problem with stuff like the ana ult deathball thing is just part of the larger problem that the whole game revolves too hard around ultimates that are inevitable and guaranteed.

Because nobody loses ult charge on death there's no way to outplay the ana's initiation. She WILL get a nanaboost eventually. If people dropped ult charge like medics could drop ubers in TF2 lots of balancing problems and many of the frustrations that people voiced in this thread would disappear at once very elegantly.
Ult economy is fine lol. Losing ult charge on death would be terrible for this game and make everything worse.

This game is meant to revolve around ults. Saying otherwise is against what the game was built for.

DevilDog

Ult economy is fine lol. Losing ult charge on death would be terrible for this game and make everything worse.

This game is meant to revolve around ults. Saying otherwise is against what the game was built for.

Notice the part where it says "too hard around ultimates"

I agree, this game needs some fine tuning when it comes to ultimates.

I wouldn't say it's fine when one of the most devastating ults is also fastest to get out of all ults in the game.
And one of the easiest to counter. Mei or Roadhog ult basically cancels the whole thing.

And they just nerfed the charge lol.

Or Rein ult. Or sleep dart....... or speed boosting away.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got a loot crate with a legendary and 3 blues.

The 3 blues were all halloween items, legendary was gold. ;_;

Atleast gold is worth something now, still really glad Blizzard actually acted on criticism from the last event.

You're making A LOT of assumptions on how Blizz work. I wager they put in way, way, way more work into trying to balance the game than you think. They most certainly experiment with all kinds of changes behind the scenes that we will never know. I know people like to make fun of developers, but it's not as easy as "shuffling around numbers" -- Blizz knows this, they're not idiots. But it's a fine balance, and making huge changes like you propose could have severe consequences.

$20 and 24 lootboxes later.

Got the Roadhog legendary which is nice, I really want the Reaper skin and intro, no luck yet. And I got most of the other epic skins. I'm reasonably happy.

Good game Butttchin, sorry I couldn't stick around. I'll be on later tonight. Good luck on getting to Diamond.

xaosslug

Alright GAF I'm making a pledge

By the end of the Halloween event I'm going to make it to fucking Diamond

i tried hard to reach diamond before the start of the Halloween event, because I knew soloQ would be a mess, but alas... and now I've fallen to 2412. T__T

anyway, gooooo for it! I believe in you, breh. LOL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if a buff to 76's damage during his ult would make him a viable alternative to McCree. They're the only two viable strong DPS heroes and McCree is better in all the situations that are important.

I'd rather get circumcised with a shovel than play solo q comp lately...the shit some people do in this game is mind boggling at times.

Overtime is running out? Fuck it, I'll stand jus outside the objective an try to get some kills...SMFH

Alucrid

Banned
Need Junkenstein, Pumpkin and Skullyatta before the event ends. Only got 4500 coins though...hope I don't need to buy any boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom