• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fancolors

Hmm then my issues might be elsewhere, I can actually see character skipping and warping now...
Dunno what you can do to improve it, but what you are having is not bad ping.

High ping results on delayed responses, and generally is unnoticeable around 80 and below. What you are describing sounds like the result of an unstable internet connection. Does this happen with any other game or is Overwatch the only multiplayer game where it occur?.

Hey guys so I've been playing this game a lot since I picked it up a week ago, I'm at about 15 hours now. I'm getting close to lvl 25 and really want to jump into competitive, anything I should know? I've been doing really good in quick play,averaging 20+ kills and less than 10 deaths, but I assume there's going to be serious competition in competitive.

Hey guys so I've been playing this game a lot since I picked it up a week ago, I'm at about 15 hours now. I'm getting close to lvl 25 and really want to jump into competitive, anything I should know? I've been doing really good in quick play,averaging 20+ kills and less than 10 deaths, but I assume there's going to be serious competition in competitive.

The game should be placing you with people of similar skill, and after that it's up to you to rise or fall. You will probably start high gold low platinumish. At that level you can pretty much use whichever characters you are best with. Other than that, use your mic, play as a team, and try for good team comps.

Just enjoy yourself, well coordinated competitive games is where the game shines best imo. Good luck!

All you guys complaining about the portraits a few weeks ago.

Now look at what you did. They were good before, now they're stupid.

I just can't look at them, especially Reins, Dvas, and Genjis ):

Chorazin

The game should be placing you with people of similar skill, and after that it's up to you to rise or fall*. You will probably start high gold low platinumish. At that level you can pretty much use whichever characters you are best with. Other than that, use your mic, play as a team, and try for good team comps.

Just enjoy yourself, well coordinated competitive games is where the game shines best imo. Good luck!

*Unless you're playing with pubs, than just kiss your rank goodbye.

DevilDog

L I T E R A L L Y U N P L A Y A B L E
90212988288d317b1f3c44bc5cee5e33.png
526a359f27903d781327734a15bc3380.png

The new one looks weird.

All icons look better than before. Some of them are from the beta, I never understood why they changed them in the first place.

Now we just need old Mercy voice back.

MUnited83

For you.
Only acceptable golden weapon is Rein's hammer when combined with that new golden armor. Rest are just rubbish and look tacky :/

Depends on the skins really.

Gold Frog Lucio can rock that golden weapon
Yellow Symmetra looks good with the golden gun.
Golden Mercy too

Tovarisc

All you guys complaining about the portraits a few weeks ago.

Now look at what you did. They were good before, now they're stupid.

I just can't look at them, especially Reins, Dvas, and Genjis ):

Next to HP bar there should be custom made hero specific icon / emblem. These low quality heads look so bad in otherwise nicely designed HUD.

NimbusD

Communication / Teamwork / Good McCrees and Anas

Lol this mode is so great, mostly because its such a good training ground for things that are super important for the actual game.

Mccree: Good with headshots, don't blindly and waste your bullets, reloading takes forever.

Soldier: Headshots and burst control for further enemies, heal teammates constantly, run quickly to help out teammates.

Ana: Sleep priority, healing vs DPS, preventing roadhog and mercy from being able to heal. and for everyone else DONT WAKE THE FUCKING SLEEPING ROADHOG UNTIL ITS TIME TO DO SO

Hanzo: Headshots, getting important picks, and uh, lining up ult I guess.

Communication is super important, learning to go after Mercy first is SO important, prioritize damage dealers is also important.

I feel like after a few rounds, my accuracy will be ~10% better than normal when I play the real game. I was fucking on fire last night with head shots. I never train with ana bots or anything cuz it's too boring but this mode does the trick.

What is it that Junkrat is saying when playing Dorado defense, in the pinata area with the fountain. It sounds like "Party time, need some [sounds like pearlers]?"

Next to HP bar there should be custom made hero specific icon / emblem. These low quality heads look so bad in otherwise nicely designed HUD.
You know, now that I think about it, why does it matter?

How often are you going to be looking at those icons anyways? Why change them when you think about that?

If you're on console, wear your mic for every comp game. Even if only one other person has theirs on it'll make all the difference.

Also, don't be afraid to switch your character if your team is hitting a brick wall.

Skyzard

Banned
Just had a competitive game at Dorado where we wiped them with team kill while they were still near spawn. One of them leaves... then suddenly 3 of ours (not in a group) leave at the same time for the rest of the game and we get wiped obviously.

The game should be placing you with people of similar skill, and after that it's up to you to rise or fall. You will probably start high gold low platinumish. At that level you can pretty much use whichever characters you are best with. Other than that, use your mic, play as a team, and try for good team comps.

Thanks for the response! I'm actually going to pick up a new headset tonight or tomorrow. I've been meaning to ask does quickplay also place you with people of close skill or is it just all players?

Tovarisc

You know, now that I think about it, why does it matter?

How often are you going to be looking at those icons anyways? Why change them when you think about that?

Very often. I don't know about you, but I keep actively checking my HP during fights. It makes design of that part of HUD quite big deal in a sense because look there so often.

Thanks for the response! I'm actually going to pick up a new headset tonight or tomorrow. I've been meaning to ask does quickplay also place you with people of close skill or is it just all players?

It attempts too, but not as seriously. You'll see much fewer curbstomps in competitive (if you're like me you see quite a few in qp).

Its supposed to group you with people close to your game level, but not skill level. Not the case a lot of times though, as the game just wants you to be put in a match as quickly as possible. In doing so, you can be grouped with anyone really.

NeoRaider

I really like the makeover Hollywood received for this event. Lots of neat little details.

Just had a match there few hours ago and i was really surprised. It looks so good. I wish every map would have day/night versions.

Btw. Any new Sombra clues after the update??

matmanx1

I like the Brawl alot but I just wish it wasn't restricted to Hanzo/Ana/McCree/Soldier. Obviously some heroes would break the balance but I hope if they do this kind of thing in the future more that they balance it out so we can use any hero.

I agree. Need brawls for most all the heroes!

I want a Winston skin that's a shitty rubber gorilla costume. Like from the 1960s.

Haha, that would be classic.

Lol when i was playing today a bug came up which turned tracers sunglasses into spectacles and it made me realise how much i want specific character glasses :3
She kinda looks like harry potter.

I LOL'ed when I saw this picture. It's so adorably dorky.

Chorazin

Exactly lol. Changing that wouldn't change anything.

Also this. You're better off trying to figure out what you can improve instead of calling your teammates garbage because you had 4 gold medals.

What would you suggest improving when you're the best on the team for most things?

I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly don't know. I've had many games I was best on my team in objective defense, eliminations, time on objective, everything you should do to play the game and win.

What would you suggest improving when you're the best on the team for most things?

I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly don't know. I've had many games I was best on my team in objective defense, eliminations, time on objective, everything you should do to play the game and win.
There's always something you can improve in a match, you can never play perfect.

Chorazin

There's always something you can improve in a match, you can never play perfect.

Well yeah, obviously. But I can't carry a team, so saying "don't blame your random teammates" doesn't make a lot of sense when I'm constantly doing pretty good and losing. It's just incredibly frustrating.

Well that's a fucking stupid way to start the day off in comp. Guy leaves one fucking minute into the match. He was queueing with another guy too.

Mendrox

Okay then I have the worst streak ever today. 23 matches lost in a row and I got two tanks which I play good, two really good supports and even one DD. Doesn't matter. Went from 2740 to under 2200 today.

Well it's not like blaming your teammates is going to help you get the win. You're better off doing something constructive by seeing anything you did wrong.

Okay then I have the worst streak ever today. 23 matches lost in a row and I got two tanks which I play good, two really good supports and even one DD. Doesn't matter. Went from 2740 to under 2200 today.

BRUH

Only losing 540 points from 23 straight losses though? You got off easy. This is honestly the best defense yet for 'don't blame teammates' you lost 23 in a row with teammates and enemies with similar skill ratings, the only common denominator on every one of those losing teams was you.

Tovarisc

Well yeah, obviously. But I can't carry a team, so saying "don't blame your random teammates" doesn't make a lot of sense when I'm constantly doing pretty good and losing. It's just incredibly frustrating.

In general things like "Just play well, you will climb in SR!" are kinda stupid to say. No matter how well you play means nothing if rest 5 can't get job done in TEAM game. There is limit to how much you can carry if you aren't actually pro level of player in your skill, at which point you should get hired to play in pro teams.

SR is tied to performance of all and very little to performance of you. Matchmaking RNG plays a lot and heavily into your SR.

Mendrox

BRUH

Only losing 540 points from 23 straight losses though? You got off easy. This is honestly the best defense yet for 'don't blame teammates' you lost 23 in a row with teammates and enemies with similar skill ratings, the only common denominator on every one of those losing teams was you.

What? No. Leaving teammates is not my failure. Or blatant trolling.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Just had a match there few hours ago and i was really surprised. It looks so good. I wish every map would have day/night versions.

Btw. Any new Sombra clues after the update??
Sombra still wasn't released with the Halloween update? The damn character was leaked, just release her already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom