• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

Just had a brawl where I was playing as S76 and got 5 gold medals. That's right, I did more healing than our Ana!

I'm scratching my head at that one.

So I reset my controller and it still happened.
Did some research and I don't think it's the game, seems to be Bluetooth interference?

Not sure why it jus started happening, haven't changed anything with my gaming setup or anything else for that matter.

Not trying to derail, jus wanted to post that's it's not overwatch that's doing it.

Made it to the Witch for the first time in Junkenstein's Revenge (hard difficulty). Damn - that is totally not fair.

Also, it's bogus how little XP you get from it.

MGrant

Playing in a 4-stack so far has been far worse for my SR than solo or duo queue. Dropped from 2590 to 2300-something because the matchmaker kept putting us up against 6-stack diamonds (we're all platinum) with full comms and meta team comps.

I don't get mains in this game. Or really the idea of not having a fairly balanced time played list.

When I see a person on my team with a high level, I check their profile and always am flabbergasted when I see 300+ hours put in and characters never chosen once, or 200 of those hours in one.

I couldn't stand the game for that long if there was that little variety in my experience. (But then again I also want more characters and maps to hurry up and get added).

DevilDog

I don't get mains in this game. Or really the idea of not having a fairly balanced time played list.

When I see a person on my team with a high level, I check their profile and always am flabbergasted when I see 300+ hours put in and characters never chosen once, or 200 of those hours in one.

I couldn't stand the game for that long if there was that little variety in my experience. (But then again I also want more characters and maps to hurry up and get added).
Thats probably because they realize the depth in the characters they master. I'm 100+ hours with genji and I'm still learning. Hell sometimes I think I don't know anything.

Seriously though, people should check out haksal to see how much a threat a well-supported genji can still wreck despite the nerfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5LdPF-vbew

The plays are insane, but you can see that the entire team is pretty working together to enable those plays.

I mean, whoever the target is, with so much support, he will get stuff done.

I agree to a point. When I first got the game I was like, I'm gonna try to become decent with like 2 heros from each class...and I have.

But it's nice to have a hero you can lean on and know you can dominate with.

Which I kinda have, but not really

So I reset my controller and it still happened.
Did some research and I don't think it's the game, seems to be Bluetooth interference?

Not sure why it jus started happening, haven't changed anything with my gaming setup or anything else for that matter.

Not trying to derail, jus wanted to post that's it's not overwatch that's doing it.

(PS4) Since the update I don't think I've had any ghost buttons, but I've noticed that my aim sometimes "sticks" to an enemy and drags my reticle wildly. It's like someone is reaching over my shoulder and flicking my stick for me.

Tovarisc

(PS4) Since the update I don't think I've had any ghost buttons, but I've noticed that my aim sometimes "sticks" to an enemy and drags my reticle wildly. It's like someone is reaching over my shoulder and flicking my stick for me.

That is called aim-assist :b Destiny was like that for longest time before Bungie toned it down a little, your aim would auto track targets quite a bit.

I was weak and got $20 worth of loot boxes, mostly because I had to get a $50 PSN card to purchase Jackbox next week and figured eh, fuck it why not. Ended up getting the Mercy and Reaper Halloween skins (yay!) as well as Pharah, Ana, and Bastion's skins along with Genji's intro. And a lot of epic regular stuff, too, so I'm pretty satisfied. With over 3000 gold now, I can just play and not care and hopefully I'll pick up either Junkrat or Roadhog by the end of the event and just use coins to buy the other if I don't get it. And if I only get one, I'm okay with that too.

In other news, just had a baller D.Va comp match on Nepal where I went 40-2 and we beat the enemy team 3-0. And the enemy team even had a Zarya, so...yeah, that was something. We were just stuffing them pretty bad the entire match - they just had no counter to us even though they tried multiple different characters.

Chorazin

So just some overall tips: You are level 33, have hardly played the game at all at this point. The best thing you can do is just play more so that the nuances of the game become more clear to you. I wouldn't worry about rank this season, just try to play your situation a lot. Be a healer if you need too, switch to counters if you need too, play all of the classes until you find a few heroes that really click with you. Then in season 3 you can actually start caring. Assume your teammates are the same way, and don't blame them anymore, seriously, at that rank it's asinine.

Specifically to you:
It looks like you pretty much insta lock Soldier for most of your games. If you play a dps character then you MUST understand that gold eliminations and damage are now the expectation, it does not mean that you are outplaying everyone. You will likely have a medal in healing too, because whatever biotic field gives you will be more than the zero healing that most of your team has. It literally means nothing to how well you are playing.

Again, just try some different characters. You seem like a good Dva but haven't played her at all in comp. I would try to find 3 or 4 brand new characters and get good with them (preferably one from each class, defense is meh, but Mei is a great hero to know.) Don't worry about performance or wins, just focus on getting better.

Thanks man! As for D.Va, I do ok with her, I'm definitely gonna have to give her anther try in ranked. I guess I get wrapped up in the SR number dropping and it just gets to me. 😕

That is called aim-assist :b Destiny was like that for longest time before Bungie toned it down a little, your aim would auto track targets quite a bit.

I kind of figured it was some sort of baller aim-assist, but it's way too nuts. It's almost dragged my reticle 45-60 degrees a few times.

Don't think I'll ever win hard mode Junkenstein's Revenge. :( Damn that is tough.

I didn't really care until I realised there were Achievements for it. >_<

I kind of figured it was some sort of baller aim-assist, but it's way too nuts. It's almost dragged my reticle 45-60 degrees a few times.
I had a moment as McCree where I was shooting Roadhog and when he started healing, his Lucio started dancing behind him and my reticle started dragging around chasing the Lucio so I couldn't hit the standing still Roadhog :/

So I got an awesome emote of Monkey shining a flashlight on his feet, lulz.

I'm due for something good soon, I've had 1 legendary drop in my last 20ish loot boxes and that was a dupe.

I mean, it can't really get any worse can it?

ZangBa

Aim assist is definitely broken. Last night I was charging my alt fire with Zenyatta and my reticle actually auto aimed on a Tracer that blinked away. It looked like I was cheating hard.

Going to be real right now, I'm not having fun at all with everyone picking Junkrat and Hanzo. Either my team gets the bad ones or the other team gets the aim bot one. Their base damage is way too damn high. H

Salarians

when you finally get matched with people that communicate when their ults are ready, understand what Zarya's ult is for, and utilize it to help get a team kill and a victory

DL3phPt.gif

I love not being very good at competitive, knowing it, and being told so, but no one wants to play QP. Fuck me, right?

Sorry bro, I jus can't deal with hero stacking.

It's lame as fuck imo.

Also, how are you not very good? When I played with you the other day you seemed to play just fine.

MGrant

I hope we get a Chinese/Lunar New Year event in the game. Would be a great time to give Mei traditional Han clothes, Winston a Monkey King outfit, Pharah dressed like a traditional kite, really there are tons of possibilities.

duckroll

I hope we get a Chinese/Lunar New Year event in the game. Would be a great time to give Mei traditional Han clothes, Winston a Monkey King outfit, Pharah dressed like a traditional kite, really there are tons of possibilities.

Maybe by then they'll have added Liao to the game...

matmanx1

Finally beat Medium difficulty and did it in a match where no one died and I was playing Ana whom I have a total of about 15 minutes playtime.

Got a new high score too which put me in 2nd place on my friends list and only 500 points down from number 1.

One thing is for sure, the new Brawl will definitely get some folks more comfortable with aiming and playing as Ana.

xaosslug

do ranked wins affect QP matchmaking? Because today I won 5 ranked games, and it seems like I am being teamed with incompetent team after incompetent team in QP, now. >_< But, before I started playing ranked, today, I had a series of good QP games. After it's loss after loss... wtf? LOL

Nazo

I've still not gotten to play any of Hollywood since the update launched. Which is really bumming me out. I wanna play with all the cool Halloween stuff...

Sayad

Will hold up until the last day before buying Mercy, no stress, if RNG let me down, I buy it. Amazing how good this event is! #FuckSummerGames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom