• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
No, that's the date where you spend all your currency to buy the stuff you want but didn't get. You buy the lootboxes you are willing to spend on at the BEGINNING of the event. Buying more lootboxes at the end of the event was the strategy for the previous event since you couldn't buy shit!

but why spend money today when you might not have to spend it at al-nevermind :VV

PatjuhR

I'm going to roll with the skins the game is willing to give me. Not going to buy lootboxes for it.

If I have everything I want, there is no excitement in leveling anymore.

maomaoIYP

What's this about a new aiming scheme? I've not played much since the new update.
It's a dual zone setting for gamepads, the middle zone has low sensitivity and the outer zone has high sensitivity. It's so that you can aim accurately while still turn quickly.
I've been getting used to it, but it still feels weird. How do you switch it back to the old style?
It's hidden in the "advanced" section right under the aiming sensitivity.
I think my problem is that I play with very low sensitivity to begin with, the new scheme is making my aiming prohibitively slow. I might give it a try again with the hit scan heroes, I can't hit stuff as easily playing Pharah with dual zone.

LiK

With the new aiming controls on consoles, I turned up the sensitivity a bit. Now it's perfect for me. It's fucking amazing how much better it is. Aiming with hitscan characters is accurate and even my main Junkie benefits. I was literally tearing up guys in QP. So weird to finally be able to aim even better than before. Knew the controls were wonky before patch. Comp is gonna be less of a struggle with certain characters.

LET'S CLIMB TO MASTERS

maomaoIYP

With the new aiming controls on consoles, I turned up the sensitivity a bit. Now it's perfect for me. It's fucking amazing how much better it is. Aiming with hitscan characters is accurate and even my main Junkie benefits. I was literally tearing up guys in QP. So weird to finally be able to aim even better than before. Knew the controls were wonky before patch. Comp is gonna be less of a struggle with certain characters.

LET'S CLIMB TO MASTERS

What was your old sensitivity setting? I was playing on 25/15.

LET'S CLIMB TO MASTERS
I'm not noticing much of a difference at all. You're making me think I'm missing something.

I-hate-u

I'm going to roll with the skins the game is willing to give me. Not going to buy lootboxes for it.

If I have everything I want, there is no excitement in leveling anymore.

This is my mentality now.

I caved in the beginning months of the game aalnd bought lootboxes. Absolutely regretted that.

Wimps

How does a Torbjorn only player rank Master tier...

Had a game the other day (around 3300 mmr) and a teammate picked Toblerone on the English level with the Big Ben on it.. Can't remember the name of the map.. Anyhow, we played defense and he was doing serious work. Particularly on the final point.

Toblerone isn't viable in high level setups. But for solo queue he can still be a pain I guess.

Had a game the other day (around 3300 mmr) and a teammate picked Toblerone on the English level with the Big Ben on it.. Can't remember the name of the map.. Anyhow, we played defense and he was doing serious work. Particularly on the final point.

Toblerone isn't viable in high level setups. But for solo queue he can still be a pain I guess.

Lulz, the fuck is a Toblerone?

I'm kidding, broke my 4 game skid and now I've won 2 in a row so my spirits are up.

Still gettin shit loot box drops, but it's wutev.

Also...I've gotten Gibraltar 3 strait times, now that I think about it...I haven't played a KOTH all day.

I-hate-u

I hate people picking Mercy over Lucio or Zen. She always dies before that clutch res, we lose on great damage output in Zen, and she is not AOE like Lucio.

I hate that she is such a fan beloved character.

Blues1990

I can't be the only one who thinks the volume level for the Summer Games & Halloween voice lines sound muffled, no? I experimented, and I'm starting to think this is the case of poor sound mixing for those lines.

Kito

I hate people picking Mercy over Lucio or Zen. She always does before that clutch res, we lose on great damage output in Zen, and she is not AOE like Lucio.

I hate it more than ever, the Mercy mains are everywhere with their god awful 0-10 K/D average pocketing tanks, dying to everything, and getting carried by a miraculous Reaper to achieve even their sub 40% win rate.

I think I've only seen 3 effective Mercys ever, compared to the hundreds of good Zen or Lucios.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I hate people picking Mercy over Lucio or Zen. She always dies before that clutch res, we lose on great damage output in Zen, and she is not AOE like Lucio.

Res is still one of the most powerful ults.

Though the problem is that she feels like she's just there to be a res machine or to be pharah's babysitter nowadays. Her burst heal is inferior to ana's, her damage boost is not as useful as discord, and she's not lucio.

Wimps

Exactly. Not to mention Lucio consistently outheals Mercy. And Zen consistently does crazy DPS for a support.

duckroll

If you care so much about support meta, play support yourself. Always be supportive of healers, don't whine about healer picks. Healers have to hang back and support the team, don't get to run out solo and kill people for fun, and still get screamed at when people who have zero team awareness keep spamming NEED HEALING.

XenoRaven

Sorry I want to play who I want to play?

Also, there are situations where Mercy is better than Lucio or Zen. It's not like picking her gives you nothing.

zoukka

If you care so much about support meta, play support yourself. Always be supportive of healers, don't whine about healer picks. Healers have to hang back and support the team, don't get to run out solo and kill people for fun, and still get screamed at when people who have zero team awareness keep spamming NEED HEALING.

The feel when someone spams NEED HEALING behind a fucking corner -.-

PatjuhR

I saved some gameplay where I was one-shot killed by a Widowmaker when I was Zen. I thought she didn't shoot near my head, but okay.

But when I watched it back I saw a reaper saying "I need healing" right after. Could've healed him if he was taking care of that sniper. (Sniper got a free pass on the top of the gate at Anubis point B.

LiK

What was your old sensitivity setting? I was playing on 25/15.

Mid-40s. Some higher and some lower depending on hero. My Hanzo and Genji are 50/50

I'm not noticing much of a difference at all. You're making me think I'm missing something.

The old controls felt like it lagged when I was aiming. The new one seems to smoothly allow me to aim more accurately so I struggle less with hitscan guys. I dunno, works for me!

I-hate-u

Res is still one of the most powerful ults.

Though the problem is that she feels like she's just there to be a res machine or to be pharah's babysitter nowadays. Her burst heal is inferior to ana's, her damage boost is not as useful as discord, and she's not lucio.

I agree that res is powerful, but it needs good awareness and positioning by Mercy to know when when to fall back and stop healing so she is not stuck in the choke. I have rarely encountered Mercys that understand when to fall back, b/c frankly it's hard to resist healing teammates.

Seeing a Mercy in the death cam walk out of spawn with full res charge after a teamwipe has got to be one of the most salt inducing things in the game.

I never BM any healers (I don't chat) or any teammate for that matter, and Lucio is my most played characters in the season. I am just saying it's much easier to contribute to the team if you're Lucio/Zen, and not make the fight seem like it's a 5 vs 6.

I got the floor is lava trophy last night on my first real attempt of trying it, so I'm pretty happy about that.
I'm struggling with the get 4 kills with an ult ones due to how situational they are. I got Reaper's trophy, but that's it.

duckroll

Seeing a Mercy in the death cam walk out of spawn with full res charge after a teamwipe has got to be one of the most salt inducing things in the game.

That's a bad player problem, not a Mercy problem. I've seen Zenyattas blow Transcendence without any teammates around, Lucios who have no idea how to use speed boosts while sitting on sound barrier. Bad players can play any character.

I never BM any healers (I don't chat) or any teammate for that matter, and Lucio is my most played characters in the season. I am just saying it's much easier to contribute to the team if you're Lucio/Zen, and not make the fight seem like it's a 5 vs 6.

As a healer, it is actually hardest to contribute as Zenyatta when solo. I agree that Lucio is the best general healer for a player whose contribution in a match is going to be minimal regardless of character, but in a case like that you have to consider that such a player probably isn't get at making character choices to begin with.

PatjuhR

Resurrect is only really that powerful on some occasions.

It's OP after the whole enemy team launched their Ult to kill almost whole of your team and you just resurrect them. But it takes a good Mercy to spot the good occasions. For example yesterday there was a Ana boosting Bastion going rampage with his ult. I think he killed like 3 of us with his first 2 shots. We got revived, but were killed straight after by the same ulting Bastion. It doesn't work like that. Same goes for situations where we are surrounded by the enemy. You get killed right back after you get up. It only feeds the enemy team to their ults again.

I-hate-u

I got the floor is lava trophy last night on my first real attempt of trying it, so I'm pretty happy about that.
I'm struggling with the get 4 kills with an ult ones due to how situational they are. I got Reaper's trophy, but that's it.

The quad kills were so much easier in the early days of the game. I miss the days when high noons and dragon ults wipe teams out.

PatjuhR

Nice! Which map you got it in? Illios Lighthouse?

The 4 kills trophies will pop eventually. Just need to be lucky, but there will always be the occasion. I thought I had them all, but forgot about the 4 kills with the rip-tire. But I'm confident that this trophy won't stall me for that long.

LiK

Mercy is fine. Her fast healing and rez is still crazy good especially for clutch wins. Not as good as Lucio and Zen for offensive purposes but she's still useful.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think the problem is that people kinda treat mercy as the default healer and don't really actually know how to use her.

Same for lucio, except a bad lucio a lot less crippling than a bad mercy

I-hate-u

That's a bad player problem, not a Mercy problem. I've seen Zenyattas blow Transcendence without any teammates around, Lucios who have no idea how to use speed boosts while sitting on sound barrier. Bad players can play any character.

As a healer, it is actually hardest to contribute as Zenyatta when solo. I agree that Lucio is the best general healer for a player whose contribution in a match is going to be minimal regardless of character, but in a case like that you have to consider that such a player probably isn't get at making character choices to begin with.

One thing to add, I don't know if it's just me, but I noticed that Mercy, more than any other healer, attracts flankers and general damage like magnet. People have gotten really good in killing her before a team wipe.

duckroll

I know I sound defensive as fuck, but as someone who does play support and who enjoys filling in for support whenever there isn't one even if I feel like playing something else that day, I cannot emphasize more that if you are playing with random players, be appreciative if you have a healer at all. People who -don't- play support whining about their preference of support is infuriating!!!! Lol.

And no, I don't play Mercy much, mostly Zenyatta.
But that will probably change after I get the Witch skin. Hahahahaha!!!! :p

One thing to add, I don't know if it's just me, but I noticed that Mercy, more than any other healer, attracts flankers and general damage like magnet. People have gotten really good in killing her before a team wipe.

Yes this is absolutely true. On one hand, it is really up to a good Mercy to know how to protect herself and stay alive until the team needs her most. I don't think healers should make excuses either like "damnit my team is useless they didn't protect me", but at the same time, if you know they're gunning for your Mercy and the Mercy isn't great, playing a bit more defensively can help. In the end, whatever works for the win!

XenoRaven

I've had games where on offense, my team couldn't push through a choke point because people would die one by one, and Lucio's heals weren't enough to keep individual targets alive. I switch to Mercy and keep everyone up, and just res if they die, and we push past the choke point.

I don't think anyone in this thread is pro. As far as I'm concerned, people can play who they want as long as they pay attention to team comp and play their role. I saw a tier list posted earlier and Junkrat and Torb are near the bottom, but you'd probably want me on one of them instead of Mei because I'm just better with those heroes.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, while aiming itself is much improved, widowmaker is still the most worthless character in the game on consoles. Her rifle still does too little damage. Her mines still feel like a joke. Her cool down timers still feel too long. Her ult is still not that useful.

Plz buff.

duckroll

Okay, while aiming itself is much improved, widowmaker is still the most worthless character in the game on consoles. Her rifle still does too little damage. Her mines still feel like a joke. Her cool down timers still feel too long. Her ult is still not that useful.

Plz buff.

I feel that Widowmaker is a character who was very clearly designed early on when the majority of focus in terms of design and balance was on the PC platform, while Ana is an example of a sniper hero who is designed with more awareness that the game caters to more platforms with different control needs. It's interesting.

PatjuhR

I would convert Widowmaker more to a Soldier like hero. With a sniper for occasions. So her machine gun function would be her primary. She's never going to beat Hanzo as sniper.

On consoles.

I had a match in comp last night where every single player on only my team got disconnected.

WTF is that all about... it was 2-2 on KOTH as well and we obviously lost the final round.

It was also the start of a 7 game losing streak. My main account is now lower than my smurf account where i practice new heroes!!

giphy.gif

Veelk

Banned
I feel that Widowmaker is a character who was very clearly designed early on when the majority of focus in terms of design and balance was on the PC platform, while Ana is an example of a sniper hero who is designed with more awareness that the game caters to more platforms with different control needs. It's interesting.
Doesn't change the fact that she needs to be majorly reworked as she is on consoles. I don't get it. They already stated their intent to separate console and pc development. More than any other character in the game, widowmaker will be affected by this. But they choose to ignore her?

darklin0

Banned
I know I sound defensive as fuck, but as someone who does play support and who enjoys filling in for support whenever there isn't one even if I feel like playing something else that day, I cannot emphasize more that if you are playing with random players, be appreciative if you have a healer at all. People who -don't- play support whining about their preference of support is infuriating!!!! Lol.

And no, I don't play Mercy much, mostly Zenyatta.
But that will probably change after I get the Witch skin. Hahahahaha!!!! :p

Yes this is absolutely true. On one hand, it is really up to a good Mercy to know how to protect herself and stay alive until the team needs her most. I don't think healers should make excuses either like "damnit my team is useless they didn't protect me", but at the same time, if you know they're gunning for your Mercy and the Mercy isn't great, playing a bit more defensively can help. In the end, whatever works for the win!
I always try to keep the healers safe. I apologize all the time when I couldn't stop a flanker from killing them.

duckroll

Doesn't change the fact that she needs to be majorly reworked as she is on consoles. I don't get it. They already stated their intent to separate console and pc development. More than any other character in the game, widowmaker will be affected by this. But they choose to ignore her?

Oh I don't disagree. I think especially in a game like OW where there are so many heroes, if you have one who is so reliant of very specific hitscan accuracy with low shot count + reload time, no one is going to want to play the character on console. I just think it's interesting to compare how a character like Widowmaker is conceptualized and how a character like Ana is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom