• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
I have to say, this title update did a lot to bring me back.

For one, I've been looking forward to the Halloween event since I learned they were doing events. I'm somewhat disappointed that we only got a few costumes, rather than a new legendary for everyone as I hoped, but I LOOOOOOOVE the new stuff.

The aiming has changed the game imo. It feels so much smoother and more enjoyable now.

I'm even doing well in Comp!

Mei is still gonna Mei and there are other minor annoyances like Soldier still being boring as shit and all that, but I still have plenty of fun, I see a lot of cool plays pretty often, and I love how intense games can get. The last game I had just kept swinging back and forth in the favor of the other team and mine, only to us to finally come out on top just by a hair. That's good stuff.

I have stuff to bitch about, but there's so much to love about this game.

mollipen

Lol when i was playing today a bug came up which turned tracers sunglasses into spectacles and it made me realise how much i want specific character glasses :3

Unlockable glasses... for characters like Mercy...

VmobcNw.gif

antitrop

I bought 50 boxes. Got pretty much everything but Witch Mercy. I have 2500 coins so I'll definitely be able to buy her if I don't unlock her from playing.

The Pumpkinhead Reaper with the Coffin Highlight Intro is so sweet.

Tracer feels a bit weird with the new aim, like her sensitivity is way too high now even though I have set the same for everyone. 40/40.

McCree feels awesome though. <3

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If you 5-6 group you're also gonna match against it, and if you aren't well coordinated it'll be messy. I prefer 2 or 3 stack.

So I got an awesome emote of Monkey shining a flashlight on his feet, lulz.

I'm due for something good soon, I've had 1 legendary drop in my last 20ish loot boxes and that was a dupe.

I mean, it can't really get any worse can it?
I'm pretty sure there's a pity timer every 25 levels for legendaries

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"Argh, these fucking gaffers I keep running into comp are so pathetic." - some other forum guy

Gotta say I have ran into quite number of people last night who were playing... strangely, probably because they are just returning, but whatever, statistically the other team would have equal chance of having those same people. Also my fault for playing on tilt anyway, so I didn't help myself much either.

I am not even asking for Seagull level, I just want the team to group most of the time.

Because non-gaffers are not here complaining?
You say the player quality is ridiculously bad right now, which is why no one should go in alone. But there's an equal chance that those awful players are also on the other team right? In fact it's a better chance because you yourself aren't one of those awful players. So by law of averages you play against more awful players than you play with.

Antiwhippy

Like for example, last night I finally broke my losing streak because the other team had a reinhardt who would not stop charging in 1v6.

So yeah. Godspeed and good luck.

It is something strange goin on the past 2 days.
I jus finished a game where it was me and 1 other teammate tryin to push the payload.

I am not, nor do I claim to be a great player...but when you literally beg teammates to group up on objective and they run off chasing kills it can be quite frustrating.

Especially when you look at the kill feed and they stay dying. It is what it is, I'll take the L and try again next time.

I did finally get a legendary drop, it was junkenstein...so I tell myself it's the game rewarding me for not goin full tilt and blasting my teammates.

exYle

I, too, will advocate for a smaller stack (2-3) over a full 6 stack - at least for the purpose of winning in comp. It's just putting yourself at a disadvantage unless the 6 of you gel really well together, because you can almost guarantee the other 6 will.

But I have enough OW GAF friends that I'd much rather play with a full group and lose some games than play with a smaller group and win more

You say the player quality is ridiculously bad right now, which is why no one should go in alone. But there's an equal chance that those awful players are also on the other team right? In fact it's a better chance because you yourself aren't one of those awful players. So by law of averages you play against more awful players than you play with.

Oh wow.

Nobody cares.

I do have a question tho. When someone on your team quits, doesn't come back, and it tells you that you can leave with a loss but no penalty.

Do you still take a hit to your SR?

Thanks, I thought so.

That's why I always stay and try to play my best hoping to lessen the hit.

And to kyle...I'm in gold tier also, and I can't remember the last time I haven't seen a Dva or a junkrat in comp. Usually there's both, so I think you'll be ok.

Don't let that be what keeps ya out of comp.

Antiwhippy

Ya at that level it's more about who you're comfortable with.

Hell, at plat I've also ran into a disturbing amount of attack bastions. And win with them on the team.

Blues1990

I hope we get a Chinese/Lunar New Year event in the game. Would be a great time to give Mei traditional Han clothes, Winston a Monkey King outfit, Pharah dressed like a traditional kite, really there are tons of possibilities.
The kite seems a bit out there, but Roadhog as Zhu Bajie, Genji as Sha Wujing, & Winston as Sun Wukong would be awesome.

Well, lost 30 more SR because of people quitting. My last 4 games I've lost, but 3 of them were because of teammates quitting.

I dunno...Ps4 seems plagued with quitters the last week or so. At least in gold tier.

I just wish the SR hit wasn't so severe when there's really nothing you can do about it.
Surely they don't expect you to win when it's 4v6.

Banzai

I just wish the SR hit wasn't so severe when there's really nothing you can do about it.
Surely they don't expect you to win when it's 4v6.

It's mindboggling that a reduction of SR loss still hasn't been implemented. I assume if you do it wrong the system could be abused somehow but surely Blizzard can come up with a way that can't?

Has anyone done the breakdown on the most efficient mode to farm XP?

I don't think you need much of a breakdown. Play QP or comp in a group and win.

Soulflarz

Banned
So weird how the bad teammates are exclusively, 100% always the teammates of gaffers. Never on the other team.

Strange....

This thread will never change

All comp threads on GAF are like this, to the point where I actually don't know anyone who was high level at rocket league and still posting in the thread besides three of us- the rest of them got sick of the constant ELO hell comparisons and stopped.

TL;DR of skill rating- complaining about your teammates doesn't make a difference guys. Nor is it a factual thing. Sure, if your cap is 60 and you're 55, maybe it's that, but you can totally improve still if that's the case, so why does it matter? It's a number, focus on getting better and the skill rating will come with it. You can force your way out of any rank to the point where you can't complain about teammates anymore (ie 65-70 probably) unless you got carried there. (I still refuse to use the new system since it's meh)

Has anyone done the breakdown on the most efficient mode to farm XP?

Same exp rate iirc. The match bonus is roughly even to intermission time even, so it's to a science, a 30m match vs 3 9m matches is the same exp. Gold medals are the only bonus.

Permanently A

Same exp rate iirc. The match bonus is roughly even to intermission time even, so it's to a science, a 30m match vs 3 9m matches is the same exp. Gold medals are the only bonus.

In that case then wouldn't easy brawl be the fastest way? Since you're increasing the rate at which you're getting gold medal bonus.

duckroll

a-at least wait for the 30th to see if x or y drops ;_;

No, that's the date where you spend all your currency to buy the stuff you want but didn't get. You buy the lootboxes you are willing to spend on at the BEGINNING of the event. Buying more lootboxes at the end of the event was the strategy for the previous event since you couldn't buy shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom