• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the player is good. Emphasis on good.

A bad Ana is exponentially worse than a bad Mercy imo. I get a cold sweat when people pick her in solo q. If she is good though, she easily steamrolls games.
I'm the #136 Ana on PSN (Overbuff, grain of salt etc.)

I'm starting to have to tell people to just trust me, and that no I won't switch, I'm a much better Ana than Lucio/Mercy. It usually works out.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lord no.

'Dumps on' seems extreme. The meta revolves around her ult. Her sleep dart is one of the best counters. And her burst healing is nuts.

And she's still not a requirement like Lucio.

Also honestly there are situations where not running ana is preferable. Numbani A where the defenders have much better control of the battlefield, the beyblade is less preferred just because pharmercy can wreck havoc with the verticality. Also i honestly still don't see her as superior to zenyetta in koth where Winston+ tracer is required, who both benefit more from a zen than an ana.

No.

Dumpster is not a verb.

I will not allow you to desecrate the English language Whippy.

I'll dumpster on the English languagw however i want to. :p

Greddleok

I got back to 2700...then played with a friend who's at 2300 and went all the way back to 2600 again.

Days work destroyed in an evening.

I have noticed a trend though. Day time matches are significantly more enjoyable than eventing matches. In the day the comp is usually decent, and the matches are roughly equal. At night, the comp is usually horrible and it's a blow out in one direction, rarely every have a close game.

Shame I can't play during the day all the time.

I-hate-u

What the fuck is the beyblade lol. These meta terms...

123ac2e8de9430df85a2c1794c5290ca076a08e3ddd9a3a30b91bcff1531a8bb_3.jpg

Veelk

Banned
Oh I don't disagree. I think especially in a game like OW where there are so many heroes, if you have one who is so reliant of very specific hitscan accuracy with low shot count + reload time, no one is going to want to play the character on console. I just think it's interesting to compare how a character like Widowmaker is conceptualized and how a character like Ana is.
Right. I'm just so frustrated. I'd love to play with her, but literally 90% of the heroes have some effective counter to her. If the enemy manages to flank you, you'll almost certainly die. And it's hard to engage long range as well. A Zenyatta might not super fast but he's faster than a scoped in Widow and can rapid fire deadly shots at a mostly stationery target. You'll win if you can land with a perfect accuracy, but anything less, they'll win out of sheer attrition.

The only explanation I can think of for why Blizzard has ignored her so long is that they're afraid of a sniper class, which is probably the hardest class to balance period, might upset the game, so their comfortable keeping her at her epic levels of suck right now. Because otherwise....idk, she's deficient in just about every aspect of her being except maybe the scoped in sniper mode. That works fine, but everything else? Yeesh.

The quad kills were so much easier in the early days of the game. I miss the days when high noons and dragon ults wipe teams out.

Yeah, I remember from experience. I never really liked playing the lines of Soldier, Reaper, etc. when I got the game because I sucked as them, but now I'm thinking I wish I would have done so to get those trophies.

Nice! Which map you got it in? Illios Lighthouse?

The 4 kills trophies will pop eventually. Just need to be lucky, but there will always be the occasion. I thought I had them all, but forgot about the 4 kills with the rip-tire. But I'm confident that this trophy won't stall me for that long.

Yeah, Illios Lighthouse. I bopped two off the edge and got a headshot on Zarya. My main problem is that I don't really play the characters who need the 4 kill trophies, so I'm not super good with them. Especially McRee, who I'm absolutely useless with.

PatjuhR

Yeah, Illios Lighthouse. I bopped two off the edge and got a headshot on Zarya. My main problem is that I don't really play the characters who need the 4 kill trophies, so I'm not super good with them. Especially McRee, who I'm absolutely useless with.

At first I was occasionally trying for the trophies in QP when I wasn't in the mood for competitive, but now I reached diamond or plat (I don't know which one is 2500+) and I realized I'm not going to make it to 3000 I've put all my play time in getting trophies in QP.

I started with Genji, cause he is first on the list and I absolutely suck with him. But because he was the only hero I played for a while I got better and better with him and eventually got both his trophies. For me there was a significant difference between 100% Genji and maybe 20% of my time with Genji. But I don't know if thats they way you want to do it.

I-hate-u

I had a remote control beyblade if you could believe it. I thought I was hot shit and it broke in like 2 minutes after I opened the packaging.

At first I was occasionally trying for the trophies in QP when I wasn't in the mood for competitive, but now I reached diamond or plat (I don't know which one is 2500+) and I realized I'm not going to make it to 3000 I've put all my play time in getting trophies in QP.

I started with Genji, cause he is first on the list and I absolutely suck with him. But because he was the only hero I played for a while I got better and better with him and eventually got both his trophies. For me there was a significant difference between 100% Genji and maybe 20% of my time with Genji. But I don't know if thats they way you want to do it.

Yeah, I've just been trying out different heroes in QP to practice as. I feel like I have a hang on Hanzo, and I can play Genji fine on defence but not on attack, but for the other heroes I don't really play I still struggle.

Wow. That's a meta worth knowing. :D
Playing with gaffers who run good Ana based comps is a blast (for me at least, and hopefully for them when they get boosted). It's not exact Beyblade but it's similar.

LRG: Reaper/Reinhardt
Cooldude: Reinhardt/Pharah
Letdown: Reaper
Fatal: Roadhog
Buttchin: Genji/Lucio

Are all a blast to boost. Me and Fatal had an amazing game today, we had our ults every 20 seconds or so. Me and LRG have had some good success duoing an Ana and Reinhardt in comp.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Playing with gaffers who run good Ana based comps is a blast (for me at least, and hopefully for them when they get boosted). It's not exact Beyblade but it's similar.

Are all a blast to boost. Me and Fatal had an amazing game today, we had our ults every 20 seconds or so. Me and LRG have had some good success duoing an Ana and Reinhardt in comp.

AND WE STILL LOST THAT MATCH

/salt

Azoor

I once speeboosted a reaper, he got nonoboosted by Ana, and he released his ultimate. Five people died and we managed to push the payload to the end.

Manoko

Anyone in EU (PC) wanna group up to play a bit most days until the end of the event (quick play) ?

I'm sick of playing alone and missing the bonus exp.

I jus got put in a comp match that was 400+SR below my rank.

We won, but I can't help but wonder what kind of SR dip I would've taken with a loss. I gained 11SR from the win.

Kysen

As a support main (Mercy SR3060) I have come to terms with how weak she is and have switched to Ana. Other than rez and playing tag with the enemy tracer/gengi you don't really contribute much to a match. Even worse when the stars align and your whole team is pilled up dead in one spot and right as you go to rez you get killed. It sucks to lose rounds like that.

Whereas on Ana you get to pick and choose when to use your ult and force the enemy on the defensive. The skill cap is so much higher. Landing sleep darts before fights so that the enemy team has a numbers disadvantage. Or lobbing a grenade into graviton/zen ult/critical hp targets, wins team fights handily. Then you have the options of beyblade/super soldier rein to top it off. Adding the recent grenade buff, hitting multiple targets is even easier now. Nothing like hitting 3 on my team and having insane group healing for a few seconds.

I'll dumpster on the English languagw however i want to. :p

Dammit Whippy.

I see that I have no place in this comp.

It's fine. I'm used to people not liking me.

;_;

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I'm trying to get into the game and it keeps saying "game server connection failed... retrying"

Any idea how to fix this?

edit: motherfucker, the game defaulted me to ptr for whatever reason.

I love playing Torb and seeing chat light up with instant demands to change to someone else. In the KOTH gametype Torb can actually be really useful with a good turret placement and a healthy supply of armor drops.

I see all this talk of aiming changes but I haven't noticed any difference on ps4 lol

I noticed it if I switch back and forth between the two, I prefer the new system for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom