• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Set a new record with Transcendence in comp last night, healed 2892 with 1 ult. We all got Zarya/Genji/Hanzo ulted at same time. Ended up winning the game and I got potg. Feelsgoodman :)
Damn, you beat my Transcendence record by like 100 points.

I recorded mine, it's hilarious hearing everyone yell out their Ults one after the other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSr9xu__6gE

"Ogon' po gotovnosti!, Dòng zhù! Bùxǔ zǒu!, Experience Tranquility, Let's drop the beat!, Nerf this! Justice rains from above!"

caesar

Banned
Put in mind that D.va is more mobile than Zarya and a smaller target than Winston. Her damage output far exceeds both of them especially since D.VA doesn't rely on shields like Zarya.

She not better than them nor they're better than her, they're just different.

The size of her model barely comes into play, her hs hitbox is very big. Zarya can get charge very easily and puts out way more consistent dmg with rmb. The shields also happen to be amazing at saving teammates and yourself.

Yes she is different, but its in a way thats usually less effective.

This morning I was on a three game losing streak and fell back down to 2100. In the fourth match my Zarya was getting owned by a Mei so out of frustration I gave her a shot. I know, I know-I was trying a new character in comp which is a no-no. Long story short though, my Mei played a huge part in walling off/sniping/freezing the other team over and over and we kept them off point A.

At the very least, she does seem pretty easy to abuse (in gold at least).

Then congratulations, you did exactly what you're supposed to do as Mei. :p
However, teamplay situations are different than what the person you quoted was complaining about, they were saying she's unbeatable in 1v1, which is far from the truth. Mei should lose most if not all matchups in 1v1.

Jellie

Ah fair enough. Guess we can do it over the weekend.

But a lot of the players in platinum are still pretty decent. And this game isn't like a conventional FPS. It isn't all about accuracy but more about ult economy and team composition.
I might be on but not for long.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder what the ranked point rewards will be at the end of this season. I'm not sure the translation of ranks/comp brackets are 1 to 1.

Kind of want Golden Torbjorn Hammer tbh. Maybe it'll increase my swings.

Fuckin' fuck, I knew it, I said yesterday the moment I got close to Diamond again things would go down the pan.
Attacking Widowmaker, 'nuff said.

Taking a break before this losing streak gets rolling, oddly didn't lose too many points in the first two matches at least, maybe the game could tell the teams were lopsided regardless of what the SR said.

Oh my god you guys, I had a good Genji game

I haven't had a good Genji game in ages

THE DREAM IS ALIVE #GENGUMAIN
Were you nano boosted without having dragon blade?
218.png_large

LiK

Fuckin' fuck, I knew it, I said yesterday the moment I got close to Diamond again things would go down the pan.
Attacking Widowmaker, 'nuff said.

Taking a break before this losing streak gets rolling, oddly didn't lose too many points in the first two matches at least, maybe the game could tell the teams were lopsided regardless of what the SR said.

Blizz matchmaking knew!

Then congratulations, you did exactly what you're supposed to do as Mei. :p
However, teamplay situations are different than what the person you quoted was complaining about, they were saying she's unbeatable in 1v1, which is far from the truth. Mei should lose most if not all matchups in 1v1.

You know what? I quoted it and completely forgot to address it.

If I round a corner as Zarya (charged or not) and run into Mei, I lose 3/5 times. Bubble as soon as she starts freezing me doesn't afford me enough time to get away before she finishes the job *unless* I'm at around 60+ charge.

I'm not sure what I can do differently, aside from never rounding a corner without a teammate.

...which may (mei?) actually be the answer now that I think about it...

Blizz matchmaking knew!
See I know you can't count on the number of stars folks have as an indicator of skill but even I'll raise a quizzical eyebrow at the opposing teams consistently having 5-4 stars stacked together.

Yeah, I think after the Ana ult charge nerf, Mei now has the fastest charging ult in the game.

Mei's ult is pretty easy to charge, blizzard warnings in full effect.

matmanx1

That feel when you have gold damage, gold elims, and gold healing as Ana. I have never won a game when those medals align for me, no matter how many ults I force my team to go in with.

Good job on your part but if Ana is Gold in damage and elims then the DPS folks on the team are not performing at required levels and need to go back to the practice room.

Oh shit, I almost forgot.
Last nite my son was messin round in qp, I walk in the family room and see the match he's playing was a full team of reapers against a full team of bastions.

It was pretty damn funny...his team won, the bastions.

True. Okay, Mei second then. In any case, it charges fast af. :p

Yeah, it does. I actually think it needs a slight nerf to how quick it gains.

Her ult is great right now for zoning... probably the best in the game, now that McSleezy can't pocket his for a 50% hit. She can help leap frog a payload into progression.

My major indicator is that I'm not a good Mei by any means. I barely play her. And I can get it around every minute. I expect a good one to be in the 45 second window and a really good one less than that. Considering how effective it is, I think a slight adjustment is warranted.

MartyStu

My only issue with Mei is I wonder why her wall is even destroyable sometimes.

It takes Bastion fully loading on it a significant almost its entire duration to break one spot of it. And he's the highest nonstop DPS in the game.

oh and she gets her ult way too fast now with how devastating it can be

I think the type of damage makes a difference. I have seen Rein take it down in two swings.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I think the problem is that people kinda treat mercy as the default healer and don't really actually know how to use her.

Yeah, I think this gets to the heart of why an allied Mercy usually ends up being disappointing. People flock to her because her kit is easy to understand and she doesn't require aim, but actually staying alive with her takes a bit of practice.

Once you get a handle on her dash and learn to position yourself optimally, though, her survivability shoots through the roof and is nearly just as good as Lucio's, I'd say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itenjTtI20M

kuppy

Junkenstein's Revenge is really fun. But given that there are limited time loot boxes, can you tell me if I tend to level more slowly playing it?

MUnited83

For you.
We lost to a Bastion. On KOTH. In the last round. Cause we couldn't counter the sudden pick.

FUCK MAN

I think he has his (very rare and situational) uses. In a couple of maps I will sometimes switch to him if the point can be seen from a decently overlooked spot. Nobody is expecting a Bastion to appear after 5 minutes of people playing with the same team, so i get really clean out a lot of people by doing this by surprise. It's often enough to get his ult too, which I'll use to clear out the remaining people and then change to my main pick for the match again.

He's a bad pick for a whole match, but an amazing wild card if played at the right time.

nobody expects the bastion inquisition

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This guys answer to Pharah killing us with none of our heroes being hitscan is to go Bastion.

On KOTH.

I really wish the Team Tips were more advanced. Like when you pick Bastion on KOTH because Pharha keeps killing you, the computer slaps you on the wrist and puts a big highlight over 76 or McCree

Earlier today I had an 'Attack Bastion' that said 'trust me guys it'll work. If it doesn't, I'll switch fof.' After 1 minute left without taking the first point THEN he switches.

Tovarisc

So why again they allow MM to take players from 1 000 SR spread?

Fun to be in ~2350SR game and get rolfstomp brain smashed by few low 3000SR players.

edit: 2nd game in row where low 3k player carrying his gold friend, ffs

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of matchmaking is there in quickplay? I'm level nine and squaring off against some really high level players

LiK

Go play QP if you want to play with your friend(s) whom are ~1k SR below your SR. From player skill level perspective 1k is shitton and fucks with team balance a lots.

Yea, but the community feedback was too loud. I think 500 was originally the spread for all tiers.

Tovarisc

Yea, but the community feedback was too loud. I think 500 was originally the spread for all tiers.

Should have stayed at 500. So frustrating to get fucked over and lose good chunk of SR just because game allows you to be put against team that will bash your brains out with baseball bat, just because skill difference is so big between teams. At least in this 2nd game that diamond is Hog so he isn't carrying that hard as Tracer in previous game.

Edit: nvm, he swapped to Rein, got pocket Mercy and proceeded to carry

LiK

Should have stayed at 500. So frustrating to get fucked over and lose good chunk of SR just because game allows you to be put against team that will bash your brains out with baseball bat, just because skill difference is so big between teams. At least in this 2nd game that diamond is Hog so he isn't carrying that hard as Tracer in previous game.

yea, i'm hoping we get one hero limit in an unranked mode for friends.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, it does. I actually think it needs a slight nerf to how quick it gains.

Her ult is great right now for zoning... probably the best in the game, now that McSleezy can't pocket his for a 50% hit. She can help leap frog a payload into progression.

My major indicator is that I'm not a good Mei by any means. I barely play her. And I can get it around every minute. I expect a good one to be in the 45 second window and a really good one less than that. Considering how effective it is, I think a slight adjustment is warranted.

*1 defense hero became useful instead of having defense heroes be a liability*

"Can't have that now can we?"

Yea we did a 5 or 6 stack with low plats and even a gold or two when I was in the 3200's My Tracer honestly felt like cheating on most games, it was crazy. We won probably 70% of the games.

BUT

I lost so much for a loss that the 70% win rate still didnt do much for climbing rank overall. So yea, nobody wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom