• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to 3428. Currently at 3408. I just want to touch master to get the extra CP's. So close!

Good games biscuit and wizard. And Ultima, sorry we lost your only game. :(
Those were fun games, definitely feel like we always make progress with a good group. I do increasingly feel that Lucio, Zarya and Rein are just best-in-class though. Like whether the enemy team has those and we don't it tends to be rough.

Azoor

If I ever was to choose between Hanzo and Window, I'd take Hanzo.

Not only Widow's ultimate is a normal ability Hanzo has, he is far more felxible.

Prelude.

Not only Widow's ultimate is a normal ability Hanzo has, he is far more felxible.
He also doesn't announce it like her ult.

I had a match against 3 Widows earlier, I was on fire the whole game.

It's funny, yesterday in QP on PS4 I bumped into a pair of Widows who were partied up and they were definitely both using m&kb. I guess that was a preview of what Widow was originally like, because it was hell. They had ridiculously accurate aim and none of us were able to counter them effectively because we were using controllers. If you were in the line of sight you were basically dead lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The thing about hanzo vs widow is that while Hanzo is more flexible, widow can reliably get the shots in more because she is hitscan.

I mean, I'm happy enough that draws replaced sudden death in the first place.

I wouldn't care if they didn't give comp points. That's just icing on the cake. Be happy we even get any.

Besides, their intention is for draws to be rare, so it's not gonna give you much anyways.

Nimby

Banned
Anyone played Widow with the new aiming scheme? I noticed some significant improvement with Mei earlier, landing some meaty headshots.

I wonder who decided that it's 3 and how he found it logical. You need 5 draws in order to get proper equal number.

I think that's why they went with 10/3000 instead of 2/600 for example. If they gave half the points to a draw they could have just double the points to 2/600 compared to the 1st season, but they probably think a draw shouldn't be rewarded that much. But it's so rare to get one that it's not like it matters in the end.

I get a good amount per win.

But at this rank there's always a decent chance you'll get put against a top 500 stack. Or just not having a really well coordinated team is basically an automatic loss.

Good luck then. Maybe you can avoid those guys by grouping with lower SR players, though you probably won't get that much per win.

adamy

Banned
Why does it usually take several minutes for me to find a competitive match on PS4?

I live in Los Angeles and have very fast internet, I don't get it

I rarely see Zarya as well in ps4 gold.
Which is strange because you are guaranteed to see a Dva.

I lost count after about 30 some games strait of the opposing team running her.

The plus side to this is my Zarya skills are gettin better and better...I still prefer to play the Hog tho. Funnest hero to play imo.

Around 23 on PS4.
That'll explain it. I would imagine at that level, not many people are good enough to work with Zarya. But this could be a good thing for you because if you become a solid Zarya, you can be a huge asset to your team, especially if there are a lot of Dvas like the guy above said for Gold.

Plus, a good Zarya will absolutely destroy people at that level, I would imagine.

Alright I'm at 3404. I usually don't let myself lose more than one or two in a row, but I'm gonna gamble with about 100 points here.

I will stop at 3300 or when I hit master, just gonna solo queue, play my best characters, and try to be a good teammate.

Wish me luck Gaf.

That'll explain it. I would imagine at that level, not many people are good enough to work with Zarya. But this could be a good thing for you because if you become a solid Zarya, you can be a huge asset to your team, especially if there are a lot of Dvas like the guy above said for Gold.

Plus, a good Zarya will absolutely destroy people at that level, I would imagine.

Nice, I'll keep it in mind for when I try competitive. Zarya is probably my strongest character.

MGrant

I seem to be dominating with Zarya. Am I special? Why don't I ever see anyone playing as her?

She's basically mandatory for most team comps, as her ult is devastating, she combos well with just about anyone, and she prevents 4000-5000 damage to her team per game (essentially the same as healing 4000-5000 per game). She puts out a shit-ton of damage if she's doing her bubbles properly, too. She's also a good counter to Genji, D.Va, Junkrat, and Winston, and goes 50-50 against Mei, Roadhog, Reaper, McCree, and Pharah. That's a lot of the meta that she just doesn't have to be scared of. The only problems she really faces are a good Tracer, Soldier, Widow, Hanzo, or a Reinhardt with a team behind him. She doesn't have much burst, so Lucio heals can be a nightmare if an enemy Lucio is dancing around behind his tanks, and she can't really charge in solo and expect to win a fight, but those limitations are pretty minor, and depend on the enemy team coordinating together (in Gold and below, they don't).

You don't see her a lot until Platinum because she requires good reactions and team awareness to do well. It's really disheartening to play as a Zarya with a Reinhardt that charges ahead solo into the meat grinder, or healers that try to 1v1 a Roadhog, or with a team that doesn't react to being flanked, so I think that turns a lot of people off. But she's very fun to play tactically. Really makes you feel like a battlefield commander, and helps you understand so much more about how to play the game.

Tovarisc

You don't see her a lot until Platinum because she requires good reactions and team awareness to do well. It's really disheartening to play as a Zarya with a Reinhardt that charges ahead solo into the meat grinder, or healers that try to 1v1 a Roadhog, or with a team that doesn't react to being flanked, so I think that turns a lot of people off. But she's very fun to play tactically. Really makes you feel like a battlefield commander, and helps you understand so much more about how to play the game.

If you are good Mercy you most likely will be good Zarya too and other way around, imo. So much needed level of awareness and situation understanding overlaps.

If you are good Mercy you most likely will be good Zarya too and other way around, imo. So much needed level of awareness and situation understanding overlaps.
Eh, not really. I consider myself to be a great Zarya, but I'm a garbage Mercy. I won't even touch her in comp, no matter what.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with her, but it obviously ain't the situational awareness part :/

IDK, I find Mercy boring anyways, so no loss.

Tovarisc

Eh, not really. I consider myself to be a great Zarya, but I'm a garbage Mercy. I won't even touch her in comp, no matter what.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with her, but it obviously ain't the situational awareness part :/

IDK, I find Mercy boring anyways, so no loss.

I guess it's yours positioning in relation to your team that is hindering your performance as Mercy. Usually that is what screws over a lot of Mercy players, they can't position for shit so they either die moment fight starts or can't get to people that need healing most.

If team itself positions like ass and maintaining lines of sight to players is pain no matter how much you try position yourself that is on them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What screws me over with mercy is that I'm really bad at telling when to res.

Like, zenyetta/lucio is easy. Predict a team fight/enemy CC ults = Transcendence/sound barrier. With mercy I don't know if rezzing the 2 dead people now will turn the team fight or if I should wait for more people to die just to have a big reinforcement.

Which is why I don't play mercy because res is like 90% the reason for mercy,

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Blizzard should give Hanzo and Widowmaker a new legendary in the same update

Just completely break matchmaking for a month

What screws me over with mercy is that I'm really bad at telling when to res.

Like, zenyetta/lucio is easy. Predict a team fight/enemy CC ults = Transcendence.sound barrier. With mercy I don't if rezing the 2 dead people now will turn the team fight or if I should wait for more people to die just to have a big reinforcement.

Which is why I don't play mercy because res is like 90% the reason for mercy,
That's one of the big problems I have with her too. It's heartbreaking when you res two people, then two more die right after ;__;
Blizzard should give Hanzo and Widowmaker a new legendary in the same update

Just completely break matchmaking for a month
Yes pls, I want to see this.
4 Meis using Ults and walls until they win. Hero stacking blows.
Agreed. I joined a match and everyone picked Hanzo ;__;

When it comes to Mercy res, it goes down to how many enemies on the point and how many teammates you can res.

If you can res enough to get an advantage in the immediate engagement then go for the res. Even if it's just 1 or 2. If it's the reaper that has an ult ready, and ana also. And both can be res, go for it. Hopefully they'll go beyblade and clear everything.

Mercy res requires a certain degree of immediate situational assessment on the fly.

well duh, Hanzo outclasses Widow in pretty much every way - she's easily one of the worst heroes in the game if not the worst

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also I want a brawl that's just all nano boosted tank Bastions. I don't mean like Ana and Bastion, I mean every single Bastion is permanently in tank form and nano boosted

You can even call it battlebots.
well duh, Hanzo outclasses Widow in pretty much every way - she's easily one of the worst heroes in the game if not the worst

Please. She's nowhere near as bad as Torbjorn. She's still devastating if you can headshot and doesn't require babysitting like someone like Bastion.

Honestly, for a long time when Widow was body shotting everyone to death there was no reason to bring Hanzo. You have to wonder what Blizzard was thinking making two sniper heroes. At least Ana is a support.

nbraun80

So after checking out some of the overwatch streams, is it safe to assume Moon is basically the nightblue3 of overwatch streams? I.E. popular, no-cam, memelord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom