• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Do they ever explain that Zarya's shields power her up? I feel like a lot of players are unaware and keep shooting at her.

there are probably clueless people out there, but as said before, it's not really as simple as "don't shoot her shields".

Way too hard trying to get Hanzo quad kill trophy.

you're gonna hate me but I got it in my first 15 minutes of playing him by accident when I still sucked as him

Also I want a brawl that's just all nano boosted tank Bastions. I don't mean like Ana and Bastion, I mean every single Bastion is permanently in tank form and nano boosted

You can even call it battlebots.

Please. She's nowhere near as bad as Torbjorn. She's still devastating if you can headshot and doesn't require babysitting like someone like Bastion.

Honestly, for a long time when Widow was body shotting everyone to death there was no reason to bring Hanzo. You have to wonder what Blizzard was thinking making two sniper heroes. At least Ana is a support.
Alright so she's the third worst then, pretty much every one of her assets is underpowered in some way or another and there's a reason her pick rate is abysmal.

Had a hilarious moment today "I don't get mad when I die"

Is it just me or is that crosshair different than Pharah's usual one?

According to the new meta report no one is as bad as soldier 76. :p

Soldier still has most of my hours despite me branching out to other characters. I've spent a lot of time on him and yeah it's painful to realize he has a lot of problems. I feel like his design is perfect. Easy to pick up but with some subtleties and decision making to master. A nooby soldier can run around and spray bullets at people but it takes a fair amount of effort to track consistently and land helix rockets to finish kills. His problem is that Overwatch has too much sustain stacking and the lack of ult resets combined with the ult spammy nature of significant teamfights means his whittle em down fair and square type of fighting doesn't have a place.

I've said it before but I think a change to the "economy" of Overwatch is necessary for him to come back in. Like even if you completely reverted the burst change to his rifle it wouldn't do anything. He got "exposed" as being a limited character sorta like what happened to mercy.

LiK

you're gonna hate me but I got it in my first 15 minutes of playing him by accident when I still sucked as him

Alright so she's the third worst then, pretty much every one of her assets is underpowered in some way or another and there's a reason her pick rate is abysmal.

Is it just me or is that crosshair different than Pharah's usual one?

It's impossible at my current level unless I get Zarya Ult and no one else kills them in it.

Antiwhippy

They need to nerf healing across the board to make soldier viable. Right now there's too much healing to make non-burst damage viable. Or having unreliability in landing finishing blows, which is why junkrat is kinda bad right now because you're just giving ana ult charge by running a junkrat.

XenoRaven

I like how they baited me into thinking Ranked would be better by giving me three actually good close games, and then revealing that no, you still have to carry stupid idiots against people queuing together and they won't play the objective, won't work together, won't respond to calls to group, won't respond to calls for healing, and will just be generally terrible at the game and allow the other team to roll over them with no resistance and then leave early like it was everyone else's fault.

Went 2-3 lost 30 points overall. I would keep going but it takes a lot out of you and some people came over. I don't know how people play so many games in a row they are so long and draining.

Now at 3374. Hardly moved at all in the end. lol

Redmoon

Been playing alot of D.va on my alt account while leveling it up a bit.

Managed to pull this off..

https://aww.moe/rbyjb6.gif

She's so damn fun to play too, specially when flanking or charging straight in :p .

Edit. Just realized the size of the gif :< . Need to get a better maker.

They need to nerf healing across the board to make soldier viable. Right now there's too much healing to make non-burst damage viable. Or having unreliability in landing finishing blows, which is why junkrat is kinda bad right now because you're just giving ana ult charge by running a junkrat.
I mean, he was viable at one point. But then he got nerfed and McCree got buffed.

Like, he needs something that makes him a better choice over McCree. They both need to have different things that they are best at, but are better than each other in certain categories.

XenoRaven

Oh and I almost forgot. No list of shitty player behavior would be complete without completely abandoning healers. Thanks guys. Yeah let me just go 1v1 as Ana with this Reaper.

Antiwhippy

I mean, he was viable at one point. But then he got nerfed and McCree got buffed.

Like, he needs something that makes him a better choice over McCree. They both need to have different things that they are best at, but are better than each other in certain categories.

But his nerf got kinda reverted and he's still not used. Mostly because ana can just make everyone super survivable if they aren't burst down.

Oh and I almost forgot. No list of shitty player behavior would be complete without completely abandoning healers. Thanks guys. Yeah let me just go 1v1 as Ana with this Reaper.

Eh, honestly, ana should be able to take care of herself between sleepdart, a grenade that heals you, damages the opponent while making them unable to heal, and her DPS which isn't too bad honestly. The grenade alone forces reaper to wraith away to get rid of anti-heal.

Sleep dart is your friend.

But really, if you're Ana or Zen you shouldn't be complaining about 1v1s unless it's against a tank because those two can deal with non tanks by themselves pretty easily. Sleep dart for Ana, Discord for Zen.

adamy

Banned
I feel like Lucio is such an essential character that more often than not I'll switch to him simply because no one else is using him

Antiwhippy

Like at the OGN Apex it's kinda hilarious to see this ana consistently winning 1 v 1 fights versus tracer, to the point that they sent both tracer and genji after her.

Ana probably has the most options besides Zen to deal with sub 250 health heroes in the support class tbh. Sleep Dart is one of the best abilities in the entire game, as is her grenade.

It is funny that despite being able to sprint (Lucio meta has taught all how important speed is in this game.) and heal, Soldier still can't fucking make it in a game over a McCree.

Antiwhippy

You just need finishing power right now. Other than helix rockets soldier is all about sustained damage. Which is easily healed off.

Kinda why mei is vogue right now, because you can just trap someone and stop them from being healed.

Veelk

Banned
Man...

It's been a while since I faced off what was clearly a coordinating team that gives NO room to be outplayed unless the entire team is making an effort...which of course my team wasn't.

I mean, both teams had a 5 man group going, and I was soloqueuing, but where the other team clearly had their shit down, my team was just doing whatever. I think the first round where they attacked was the shortest I've ever seen in Comp, just over 3 minutes on King's Row, while we nearly took all our time to get the point on our turn. We made it to the chockpoint at the very end though, at which point it was just Ult central. But I could see how these players knew coordination and positioning well.

I guess I'm not...pissed, exactly, but it's really evident how after a certain level, you NEED people to work together or else you're fucked. I can respect their teamwork, but it was not fun how there was nothing I could do because this was a team that stuck together at ALL times.

Still wishing for a comp mode without ranking and/or grouping so I can mostly avoid this shit.

Getting back into the game for the first time since launch. Competitive is new to me, so I did my placement matches. That was actually a really pleasant experience! I had ten really exciting games with nothing but super cool people.

Then I started playing actual competitive matches and every single one I've done so far has been at least a little bit toxic. Is this something I should come to expect, or did I just have bad luck with my first handful of match-ups? Really disheartening if it's the former.

antitrop

Getting back into the game for the first time since launch. Competitive is new to me, so I did my placement matches. That was actually a really pleasant experience! I had ten really exciting games with nothing but super cool people.

Then I started playing actual competitive matches and every single one I've done so far has been at least a little bit toxic. Is this something I should come to expect, or did I just have bad luck with my first handful of match-ups? Really disheartening if it's the former.

It's all over the place. I can go from one game where everyone is bitching at each other to another game where everyone is making calls and working as a team to another game where nobody is even talking at all.

Antiwhippy

Eh, depends. I mean with something like random matchmaking over a large playerbase you never know who you'll get.

I don't get a lot of toxic people, some people do, it's what it is.

XenoRaven

Don't understand the logic of putting a team of solo queuers against two parties of three. Makes literally no sense. Just let matchmaking take longer please. I would prefer longer matchmaking to the beating I'm about to receive.

Blues1990

You just had a bad string of dumblebutts. From my experience, it's 60-40 with the people you meet in competive mode, as most of the players that I have come across were pretty chill & willing to co-operate. Of course, you will alwaysget that "one guy" that will put the blame on everyone but himself, or just general toxicity in the silver-early platinum ranks. But it's fair game with any video game that has a competitive mode.

It's all over the place. I can go from one game where everyone is bitching at each other to another game where everyone is making calls and working as a team to another game where nobody is even talking at all.

Would you say it's comparable to Quick Play before Competitive was a thing? I can tolerate the odd asshole now and then. Just not at the frequency I've experienced so far.

Niks

Man...

It's been a while since I faced off what was clearly a coordinating team that gives NO room to be outplayed unless the entire team is making an effort...which of course my team wasn't.

I mean, both teams had a 5 man group going, and I was soloqueuing, but where the other team clearly had their shit down, my team was just doing whatever. I think the first round where they attacked was the shortest I've ever seen in Comp, just over 3 minutes on King's Row, while we nearly took all our time to get the point on our turn. We made it to the chockpoint at the very end though, at which point it was just Ult central. But I could see how these players knew coordination and positioning well.

I guess I'm not...pissed, exactly, but it's really evident how after a certain level, you NEED people to work together or else you're fucked. I can respect their teamwork, but it was not fun how there was nothing I could do because this was a team that stuck together at ALL times.

Still wishing for a comp mode without ranking and/or grouping so I can mostly avoid this shit.

Happened to me 3 times last night.
Got totally overwhelmed. It was a massacre.

LiK

Well, still no Hanzo quad trophy but I'm getting used to him again with the new aiming controls. Still need to adjust his sensitivity some more. Almost there.

Nimby

Banned
So I've played this game everyday since the update came out, for several hours a day. Only got the Bastion skin...

Also from the Battle.net forums: Scatter-arrow killed me! Please nerf Hanzo!

I'm really having shit luck with teammates quitting in competitive.
Last nite I had 4 games in a row where at least one person quit. Take the L's and the SR hit.

First game of the nite we get the payload home with 4:33 on the clock, someone quits.
It's 5v6 we almost hold, they get it home with 37 seconds to spare.

Overtime starts, another teammate quits. It's 4v6, I say over mic that I'm stayin an gonna try an hold...my teammates do the same. They cap the point in OT and drive it all the way home. We couldn't stop them, we tried tho.

Now it's our turn, and we get slaughtered for 4 minutes. Can't do shit about it. Take the loss and a 21SR hit.

Ps4 comp the last week or so has been riddled with quitters, and it's gettin pretty fuckin annoying.
Anyone else having this problem, or am I jus experiencing the absolute worst luck in gaming I've ever had in my life.

TL;DR- The fuck is going on with so many quitters in ps4 competitive lately. This shit is ridiculous.

85e384bfe2e44504a2511c349b937f51.png

76700a0723fe47bb337c3a359db66406.png

I deserve better than this, don't I? This means I'm doing way better than my win-rate suggests?

I dunno, man. I'm getting perma-tilted. I'm not having fun anymore.

I'm sick of losing eight games in a row and having 3-4 gold medals on every one of them. Everyone complains about their teammates, I know, but...

I try really hard, man. ;-;

This is me venting by suiciding and bringing 3 people with me.

Moonkeis

I'd love a comp mode without rank. I really think when I hate the game the most is in competitive. Too many people are focused on SR and the constant argueing over what to play.

ZeroX03

Banned
Bought two loot boxes. Got the Mercy legendary in one, and the Reaper legendary and highlight intro in the other. You could say I'm a little happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom