• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Banned
lzVaGLu.png

Skii

People know this is a 3 week event right?

I just started PC and don't have enough coins to even buy the skins I wanted.

I've gotten like 4 or 5 duplicate legendary skins so far, so I don't think that's at all necessary.

Maybe not everyone is extremely lucky like you? lol.

I think these skins are supposed to be 1/10 and that's including the possibility of dupes. I couldn't even get the Reaper skin (the one I wanted) in 50 boxes. Also didn't get the vast majority of the epic skins.

Well I just had the best 76 match of my life. 4 gold medals, 1 silver, was absolutely on the ball.

Naturally, I got no props at the end.

Such is overwatch.

I think by far the most toxic people I've met are top 500 players, especially ones who are in immediate danger of falling out (350 or lower). If it's not going well they are just kind of constantly talking to themselves about how bad the team is, how they can't carry such a shitty team, etc. And when we are winning: "OMG you're welcome for the carry". They also all sound very young for some reason.

Our top 500 Mei just now after dying: "You guys have to keep me alive."
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Me and the other super chill guy in chat just laughed at how seriously he was taking the loss

LiK

I think by far the most toxic people I've met are top 500 players, especially ones who are in immediate danger of falling out (350 or lower). If it's not going well they are just kind of constantly talking to themselves about how bad the team is, how they can't carry such a shitty team, etc. And when we are winning: "OMG you're welcome for the carry". They also all sound very young for some reason.

Our top 500 Mei just now after dying: "You guys have to keep me alive."
nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Me and the other super chill guy in chat just laughed at how seriously he was taking the loss

I was with Kor when we got matched up with Masters people and they are the most rude and annoying people in team chat. Fucking idiots take the game so damn serious. If they're really good, they shouldn't worry about one fucking loss. They play solo so they should know not every game will go their way. Sometimes I laugh at them crying like babies about it.

Wooo, another losing streak, fare the well diamond
Boy I started this evening trying to maintain the most open mind possible, it works for roughly one match but i'm already broken
- Watching teammates trickle into 1 v 6 situations despite me continually asking to group up
- Leaver on my team in the first round of KotH
- 3 stack on the opposite team has teamwork and co-ordination, 3 stack on mine run suicidally to their deaths

So basically just another day at the Overwatch i'm sure we all know too well.
This game would mentally break a fully enlightened buddha.

(sorry for the standard vent post, I know it ain't exciting but you just gotta spill it somewhere)

Definitely, I said a few pages back that I would gladly pay to have a slightly more fleshed out version.

I was blown away at the quality, way more than I expected.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a future update that adds a horde mode that uses all characters. Or they slowly keep adding more mini ones that use a few characters and we get a bunch of them.

But I would prefer one very large horde mode that uses all characters.

Mupod

competitive left such a bad taste in my mouth last time that I stopped playing entirely. Played a bit last night, did some rounds with friends, leavers in EVERY match again (on my team or the other team) and you STILL get penalized for it and end up with losses on your placement card. Did they seriously not do anything about this?

Regardless the brawl is pretty fun, not a huge fan of the character options and I got stuck with Hanzo. Would be cool if there's different characters each week but I guess they could only record dialogue for certain ones.

I get McCree, I get Ana, I get soldier (to an extent, because of his healing + aimbot ult) but I don't get why Hanzo is there.

Also kinda crazy they didn't even give McCree a recolour despite being in the brawl.

Tovarisc

Wooo, another losing streak, fare the well diamond
Boy I started this evening trying to maintain the most open mind possible, it works for roughly one match but i'm already broken
- Watching teammates trickle into 1 v 6 situations despite me continually asking to group up
- Leaver on my team in the first round of KotH
- 3 stack on the opposite team has teamwork and co-ordination, 3 stack on mine run suicidally to their deaths

So basically just another day at the Overwatch i'm sure we all know too well.
This game would mentally break a fully enlightened buddha.

(sorry for the standard vent post, I know it ain't exciting but you just gotta spill it somewhere)

Hold on... maybe Civ version of Gandhi played Ranked OW and that is why he always was so nuke happy?

I get McCree, I get Ana, I get soldier (to an extent, because of his healing + aimbot ult) but I don't get why Hanzo is there.

Also kinda crazy they didn't even give McCree a recolour despite being in the brawl.
Scatter is good against tires, ult is good against Junkrat, and he can one shot all the robots if he has good aim.

Although I do think he has the weakest role among the four, but he's still useful.

matmanx1

Ugh, absolutely disgusting.

Hilarious! I love it.

Btw, anyone else burn themselves out on playing Overwatch by viewing too many YT videos/twitch streams about Overwatch? I've figured out that I basically kill my desire to play if I watch too many OW related videos. It's weird but that's how it is.

Tokubetsu

Ever since the patch/event launch my loss ratio has just shot way up. Quickplay has always been a mixed bag but im consistently going on big losing streaks now.

Owzers

Witch Mercy main just got better. (In mid-Nov?)

Still hoping my next legendary is Halloween roadhog and not another witch Mercy after using coins to get it last night.

I love that moment in the brawl, it's so perfect. The voice line, the pose, the fact that she brings back all four and immediately becomes the most terrifying threat out there... I love it. :D

Tovarisc

Defeat defeat defeat defeat defeat defeat defeat - fuck off overwatch.

Game is just adjusting your SR to match your true SR, yours current SR is bloated through luck so isn't accurate. After all SR system is flawless and accurately represents your individual skill and isn't influenced by things like MM RNG or rest of your team!

/s

Non stacking, unranked mode sounds like such an obvious idea.

The QP team comps make practicing a hero really tough and for my teams sake I won't practice Mei in a comp game. And it's really hard to practice Reinhardt with two Genji's and a Tracer on the team.

Pls Blizz.

Game is just adjusting your SR to match your true SR, yours current SR is bloated through luck so isn't accurate. After all SR system is flawless and accurately represents your individual skill and isn't influenced by things like MM RNG or rest of your team!

/s

That's nice. But it's ruining my fun!

Good post. You're right. Given a large enough sample size you'll end up where you belong. There will always be highs and lows throughout the season of course.

/s
You can remove the /s because that is how it works.

And to the MM RNG, if you lost a match because of bad teammates, it means the game is also adjusting their SR and bringing it down just like you if you were on a losing streak. Not saying the game is trying to make you lose, but that's why there are times where you gain shit for wins, but lose a ton on losses.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a future update that adds a horde mode that uses all characters. Or they slowly keep adding more mini ones that use a few characters and we get a bunch of them.

But I would prefer one very large horde mode that uses all characters.

I hope you're right bro, i'd take either one.

It's been my place of zen to get away from quitters in competitive.

Cool, I'ma legit member now ☺

ohkay

/s
Instead of fixating on how "broken" the SR system is, just do what you can to improve your own play.

Tovarisc

Good post. You're right. Given a large enough sample size you'll end up where you belong. There will always be highs and lows throughout the season of course.

You can remove the /s because that is how it works.

And to the MM RNG, if you lost a match because of bad teammates, it means the game is also adjusting their SR and bringing it down just like you if you were on a losing streak. Not saying the game is trying to make you lose, but that's why there are times where you gain shit for wins, but lose a ton on losses.

You just lose trust in the system when without any noticeable changes in your play you first climb from 2100 to 2500, maintain 2500 for 1-2 weeks and then suddenly start drop like a rock. Did skill of players suddenly skyrocket so much that what last night SR2500 worthy is now SR<2200 worthy? There is nothing to help me understand why such huge swings happen and why game "gives" me long streak of losses in order to "get me to right skill level".

Then there is just games where e.g. someone decides to practice his tracer that has 5min played in QP and 1h in Ranked or 1-2 Diamond carrying their Gold friend. Those are best ones for sure.

We had a comp game the other night. 2 of us with a 4 stack.

Every time someone from the 4 stack died, which was frequent, they should change their character. Kinda like the Mystery Heroes brawl, but a whole lot less fun or cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom