• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoRaider

D.Va POTGs disappear in competitive mode. It's REALLY rare to get over 2 kills with her ult because everyone knows the deal. You just need LoS.

I mostly kill slow movers with her ult, and more often than not, I just use it to make people scatter. Getting a kill or two is a bonus.

It's really hard to surprise them now and get more than 2 or 3 kills, i agree.

You need Zarya in your team and communication to do something special... https://streamable.com/z1ze

Jellie

Dropped to 3360 but still have top 500 icon. Doesn't show what number rank I am now though when I win. When I lose a game it shows 5xx in the play menu but when I win a game it no longer does. Wonder if I actually did get it in the first place

I know it's a strange time but let me know if anyone here wants to play a couple of ranked matches on PS4 in thirty minutes. PSN: BioSpock

Good Reins know when to swing and kill. Those crazy aggressive Reins are scary as fuck.

I've definitely had more success with him when taking a few more risks. But I find in a well-skilled group the slower rein works really well too.
Basically if I trust my teamates: "Don't worry my friends, I am your shield!"
if I don't? "100% GERMAN POWER"

I had to turn off my mic for good last night. Just too sick of people being dicks in the solo queue. Yeah bro get mad at us for losing when your ass sticks with fucking widowmaker the entire fucking game when its obvious we need more power to counter. Sheesh.

LiK

I had to turn off my mic for good last night. Just too sick of people being dicks in the solo queue. Yeah bro get mad at us for losing when your ass sticks with fucking widowmaker the entire fucking game when its obvious we need more power to counter. Sheesh.

never join team chat.

NeoRaider

I mean, with only the D.Va ult, if that Rein had just turned around it would've negated D.Va's entire ult. Seems like it was a combination of D.Va + Hanzo's ults, where D.Va's was just for good measure.

Yes, that's true. It was both Ultis combined but D.Va's Ulti triggered faster and killed 5 enemies. Hanzo would do the same thing with Zarya's help.

My point (For both D.Va and Hanzo) is that it's hard to surprise opposite team now and that Zarya or other hero can help a lot.

finalflame

Yes, that's true. It was both Ultis combined but D.Va's Ulti triggered faster and killed 5 enemies. Hanzo would do the same thing with Zarya's help.

My point (For both D.Va and Hanzo) is that it's hard to surprise opposite team now and that Zarya or other hero can help a lot.

Agreed! I play quite a bit of D.Va (used to play her almost exclusively before the nerf), and I like to fly the mech right into the graviton and literally detonate it on top of the team. I find it makes it harder for the Rein to block it that way.

LiK

Which mornings before work are you available? I'm not near master anymore so will still be in range for a while if you want to duo again.

that was just an anomaly from going to bed too early. i'm usually on at nights. 9PM EST and later.

I-hate-u

People that don't know what's Rein's purpose really makes my mood sour. Tired of players that constantly charge in into the enemy, and those that think his shield is to protect just themselves from damage. And when I pick him, no one is there to shoot behind my shield.

Problem is that Reinhardt is a must IMO for payload maps. He is simple but too many don't know to play him making him a wasted spot on the team.

xaosslug

D.Va POTGs disappear in competitive mode. It's REALLY rare to get over 2 kills with her ult because everyone knows the deal. You just need LoS.

I mostly kill slow movers with her ult, and more often than not, I just use it to make people scatter. Getting a kill or two is a bonus.

yeah, it's all about art of the blind launch (send it over a wall and... pray! >_< LOL But sometimes if you have a Hanzo or Widowmaker on your team that makes things much more juicy!) or ult bury/camo/combo (hide it amidst a Pharah/Hanzo ult, etc. Just the other day I got a quad-kill sending a nerf behind a Rein that was distracted sheilding Pharah's ult... ^__^). It's super-risky, but it's pretty much the only way to get 3-4 kills these days w/o Zarya on your team.

another dangerous move is nerfing while caught in Zarya's graviton surge... but usually the entire enemy team gathers around, so even tho it's super risky and I don't always go for it; sometimes in desperation it can be game-changing.

Greddleok

Aaaaand this is why I never get on the mic.

Everyone so pessimistic. Team chat is fine, if you can just ignore the few bad eggs. Lik when you and I team up I always go into team chat because people actually DO try to strategize sometimes despite all the team chat horror stories, and I don't want to be the guy with no mic AND not even listening to the rest of the team.

Yesterday I was put in a game with 4 grouped up top 500 players. And they were all in the top 200, one was #5! I picked Zarya, they ask me to switch because they are awesome with her, fine. Pick Zen "No I want Zen, go Lucio" *plug in mic* "I'm not playing Lucio" *Unplug mic*

*Pick Ana
*Annoyed grumbles
*Dominate attack, give Roadhog a 5 kill nano boost POTG

Didn't want Ana on defense so I chose Zen.
*We aren't doing so hot.
*one of the top 500 dudes is one of those awful guys who always blames me for not having Harmony Orb on him when he dies.
*Near the end he's BEGGING for Zen because I'm so awful. I switch off, but I can't pick Lucio because he's Lucio, pick Ana instead.
*When he finally takes Zen I switch to Lucio, but we've already lost.
*Finally decide to play Lucio, don't die once, we dominate, the one guy is still bitching me out constantly.
*His teammates realize he's being a dick, and totally wrong.
"Dude, shut the fuck up he's doing fine."
*We win, dude is still salty, everyone else is GG's all around.

That was a long post to not say much, I guess. But if that's a bad team chat experience, it really wasn't so bad. I'd way rather be in the team chat having to deal with the one asshole and still being able to hear what the other people were saying.

LiK

Everyone so pessimistic. Team chat is fine, if you can just ignore the few bad eggs. Lik when you and I team up I always go into team chat because people actually DO try to strategize sometimes despite all the team chat horror stories, and I don't want to be the guy with no mic AND not even listening to the rest of the team.

Yesterday I was put in a game with 4 grouped up top 500 players. And they were all in the top 200, one was #5! I picked Zarya, they ask me to switch because they are awesome with her, fine. Pick Zen "No I want Zen, go Lucio" *plug in mic* "I'm not playing Lucio" *Unplug mic*

*Pick Ana
*Annoyed grumbles

*We aren't doing so hot.
*one of the top 500 dudes is one of those awful guys who always blames me for not having Harmony Orb on him when he dies.
*Near the end he's BEGGING for Zen because I'm so awful. I switch off, but I can't pick Lucio because he's Lucio, pick Ana instead.
*Finally decide to play Lucio, don't die once, we dominate, the one guy is still bitching me out constantly.

That was a long post to not say much, I guess. But if that's a bad team chat experience, it really wasn't so bad. I'd way rather be in the team chat having to deal with the one asshole and still being able to hear what the other people were saying.

verbal whining and abuse is way too distracting for me. i dunno how you deal with it.

verbal whining and abuse is way too distracting for me. i dunno how you deal with it.

It's annoying but way more often it's genuinely nice people who want to play the game with some strategy. If only one guy is talking and he's an asshole you can always leave team chat. But it's always worth popping in to see what's up first, IMO.

Just had a team chat with multiple players in it where everyone was friendly and communicated, so much more enjoyable than the average game.

Greddleok

It's fair enough if you're ok with that, but I'm too old for that shit. I don't want to use my free time to listen to children calling me a faggot when I've had a shit day at work.

Rather just lose in peace than get wound up listening to strangers insult me or complain.

Chorazin

OMG I am so sick of losing in ranked. I'm consistently the best player on my team and we get fucked because no one wants to play as a goddamn team. I had 30 objective eliminations last game as Soldier but we still lost! Gold medals for days and I don't even remember the last time I was on a winning team.

Sorry for venting it's just driving me crazy and making me dread playing. &#128548;

Jellie

you're usually on earlier, right?

team chat is trash. never had a good experience. always some idiot telling people what to pick and yelling if people are struggling. so yea, i'm serious.

edit: yes, on console.
Yeah. Guess we'll just have to do it randomly.

LiK

Thanks! I'll check into those soon. Anyone else have some Ana tips for a PC player? Am I going to be in for a rough time if I'm not a great sniper?

Just don't go into ranked unless you're proficient with her or you're gonna get a lot of shit. Even good Ana players like the player in that video gets shit in text chat.

grendelrt

*Pick Ana
*Annoyed grumbles

*We aren't doing so hot.

I had a guy complain about my lucio an entire quick play game and then rage quit once the game ends. Board pops up and I am on it with like 16K healing and everyone is like, what the fuck was he bitching about exactly??? Some people just like to be shitty and angry, just stucks when you get grouped with them.

Farewell

Sometimes i also don't want to join the team chat on ps4 because of toxic players, having an accent and speaking not perfectly english makes it worse, so most time i just listen.
But there are for sure awesome people out there who never rage and just stay cool.

LiK

I had a guy complain about my lucio an entire quick play game and then rage quit once the game ends. Board pops up and I am on it with like 16K healing and everyone is like, what the fuck was he bitching about exactly??? Some people just like to be shitty and angry, just stucks when you get grouped with them.

People like that focus on what everyone is doing and not enough on themselves. also, raging on QP is hilarious.

Palmer_v1

Just don't go into ranked unless you're proficient with her or you're gonna get a lot of shit. Even good Ana players like the player in that video gets shit in text chat.

Nah, I'll play a solid day of her in QP first. I'm not an asshole that is going to practice in ranked.

Moonkeis

I think the easiest solution is to just mute toxic players. Who wants to hear someone bitch when you're here to have fun in a game? If someone can be calm, and make a suggestion, or ask for a switch, I'm totally fine with that, but if they just jump in with a hostile attitude, MUTE, and be on my way.

Played a dumb game over lunch...

QP, Attacking on Rt 66. Enemy team is a full group of 6. The have 2 symmetra, a Lucio, a McCree, a DVa, and a Hanzo.

Needless to say, they were just screwing around. Which was fine.

Except once we started to actually beat them (just before the 2nd checkpoint), they all dropped.

Which meant the game went into reinstance mode, which meant the game kicked us to the title screen.

I felt like we just got trolled or something.

Azoor

Been waiting for a match for 3 minutes.

best_booty_in_overwatch_by_serpchi-dacos7h.gif

Well played my first solo queue match of the season.

And my team spends the entire time shitting on our Dva even though she got a card at the end.

Lovely.

MastAndo

Quick question - I'm halfway through placement matches with a friend (we're both new). We have another friend who is a bit behind. Can I finish the placement matches with the first friend, then have us play them again with the second friend once he's ready? I know they wouldn't count towards placement, but is that possible?

LiK

Quick question - I'm halfway through placement matches with a friend (we're both new). We have another friend who is a bit behind. Can I finish the placement matches with the first friend, then have us play them again with the second friend once he's ready? I know they wouldn't count towards placement, but is that possible?

you should be able to keep playing with them in placements. i think only Diamond rank might have restrictions. Platinum and below should be able to team up for placements since i was able to play with dudes in placement while in Plat.

Every time I've watched this highlight, it says quadruple kill after the Genji sword. No trophy.

Fight me Blizz

Must be killing blow. Does the kill feed show you killing all 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom