• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those of you who are playing the Brawl, here's a handy dandy timetable (found on reddit):
WrSxdqk.png

I got real confused when I looked at the Rogue player names and they were 2 times longer than normal lol. Seems odd that they need the team name before their actual name. I don't think it's that hard to figure out the teams, but ok.

Reinforces name doesn't even fit the little profile lol.

Twitch chat saying "No Ana in 2016 LUL" is such a sign of the times.

People used to beg Anas to switch. Some people still might. But she's such a force that most decent players are bummed to not see her.

Huh, I like how they showed off Hanamura there, showing the pick rates on that map, the success rates, etc. It'd be cool if other tourneys did that.

messiaen

Any suggestions for dealing with people who complain about me picking Symmetra at the start of a quickplay game and demand I re-select? She's my favourite character and I feel I do quite well with her, my winrate is near 70% as her which is higher than any other character for me.
I get a lot of apologies after games when they see how I perform with her but it's becoming very annoying and even intimidating to have to deal with this every other game I pick her. Occasionally it's been quite extreme with players leaving the game while addressing me with expletives or informing me that my team have lost the game before we've even started thanks to me.
Tell them it's not ranked so who cares. Even if you win or lose, all you're getting out of it is XP.

I came back to this because of the Halloween Loot Boxes after about a month's absence. I don't know what's happened during that time but people on the Xbox seem to have cottoned on that this is a team game and not a runner gunner. I've had some really great games these past couple of days and even if I lose it's still fun because my team actually put in a proper effort.

Loot Boxes are still shit though. One Player Icon and three (one duplicate) Sprays just now. Fucking bullshit!

Mendrox

Does somebody want to team up in about 6 hours? This has been the worst week. Went from 2750 to 2300 and I just can't get up anymore. Doesn't matter how good I try to carry or even play with good comps. ;_; I am an amazing Dva which I don't play often anymore in comp cause of Zarya, but I can also play Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Ana and Soldier good. I don't even mention Torb and Symmetra for comp, but I would be good with them too.

What were the average SR?
Like 3700vs3300 I think. I'm fairly certain now that sr payout adjustment is only based on team averages and doesn't care about your individual standing relevant to the enemy team. Means grouping with lower level and under ranked players is very favourable.

Skii

I've seen a few youtubers who are diamonds and they just group up with gold players. They get easy wins and because of the winstreak bonus, they are still gaining 70-80 points per win. It's a ridiculously dishonest way to get to master.

I've seen a few youtubers who are diamonds and they just group up with gold players. They get easy wins and because of the winstreak bonus, they are still gaining 70-80 points per win. It's a ridiculously dishonest way to get to master.
Yeah that's really cheap. On one hand, I want them to make the gap 500 instead of 1000 to stop this stuff, but on the other hand, I want to still be able to play with my buddy who's 800 SR below me :/

Like 3700vs3300 I think. I'm fairly certain now that sr payout adjustment is only based on team averages and doesn't care about your individual standing relevant to the enemy team. Means grouping with lower level and under ranked players is very favourable.

But if you lose in that situation, you get brutalized with SR.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ugh, MarkMan promoted the Hori keyboard/mouse PS4 thing on Twitter and mentioned it would be great for Overwatch. I don't need anymore of those players cheating on consoles.

Honestly, I don't see it as cheating. People still have to learn how to aim/adjust. It's not 1:1 like a mouse on PC.

Banzai

2841. Getting so damn Close. I'm pretty Sure Diamond is the highest i'll ever reach, though. Absolutely fine with it, too.

How reliable is overbuffs Ranking System? It can't be right that i'm in the top 19% of Players with that rank can it?

Route 66: Have one of my best games ever as Roadhog. Get a 31-killstreak on attack. Team can't close out the attack, we lose the game.

Dorado: Team goes complete cancer comp and refuses to play healers or tanks. We easily steamroll the attack and hold the first point before the bridge.

I swear, this game sometimes...like damn...

2841. Getting so damn Close. I'm pretty Sure Diamond is the highest i'll ever reach, though. Absolutely fine with it, too.

How reliable is overbuffs Ranking System? It can't be right that i'm in the top 19% of Players with that rank can it?

It's reliable. For some reason, Blizzard put the gold/platinum boundary right at the 50th percentile. That seems great in theory, but the vast majority of all players are in the mid-gold to mid-platinum level (and are basically all interchangeable at that level). At upper platinum and diamond, you're getting into "really good" territory.

Redmoon

Oh hey reddit posted a seamless 4K animated wallpaper for Witch Mercy.

Don't mind if I do.

I'm seeing like 12% cpu load idling (with some periods of 25%) lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
They have an adjustment period... and then their aim is significantly better because of a peripheral.

It's cheating :p

So are arcade sticks cheating too? I've seen the same argument about fighting games and execution once someone switches to arcade sticks. Took awhile to adjust, but after, they were able to do things that they couldn't do on pad before. ;)

On the same note, when I play console games I use an Xbox one elite controller for the paddles, is that cheating? I do significantly better with them than I would on a standard controller.

Finally gave in and purchased Overwatach. Only played two games so far but I'm enjoying the game. Feels quite a bit like Team Fortress 2 but with more varied characters which is great.

So far, I'm having some small success as Junkrat which comes as no surprise since I was always fond of demo in TF2.

Any tips for a beginner?

So are arcade sticks cheating too? I've seen the same argument about fighting games and execution once someone switches to arcade sticks. Took awhile to adjust, but after, they were able to do things that they couldn't do on pad before. ;)
Are you really trying to relate the two LOL. I didn't realise there was input assist on console fighting games specifically because controller input is less precise!

An arcade stick moves buttons around. Mouse and keyboard is a fundamentally different and objectively superior way of aiming in first person games.

Are you really trying to relate the two LOL. I didn't realise there was input assist on console fighting games specifically because controller input is less precise!

An arcade stick moves buttons around. Mouse and keyboard is a fundamentally different and objectively superior way of aiming in first person games.
People love to compare this game with fighting games for some reason.

Using a mouse and keyboard is about as close to cheating as you can get on console. You have an insane advantage over controller players.

On the same note, when I play console games I use an Xbox one elite controller for the paddles, is that cheating? I do significantly better with them than I would on a standard controller.
No, because you still have to aim like the rest of us. Plus you can remap a controller to allow jumping while aiming, as many of us have done. You can't remap a fucking controller to be a mouse, lol.

You're still just translating mouse movements to stick movements, right? I can't see how that would give you an insane advantage to be honest, unless the game reads your input device and gives you full mouse control.

maomaoIYP

I got bored and decided to play Hanzo, which I never ever play.
Got the 4 kills trophy right at the end of the route 66 for a team wipe and the win LOLOL

People love to compare this game with fighting games for some reason.

Using a mouse and keyboard is about as close to cheating as you can get on console. You have an insane advantage over controller players.
Yep. Try taking a controller online on PC Overwatch and then say it's totally fair to do the inverse.
You're still just translating mouse movements to stick movements, right? I can't see how that would give you an insane advantage to be honest, unless the game reads your input device and gives you full mouse control.
The more expensive ones translate input very effectively, and Overwatch lets you disable aim assist so it would be very close to native and far superior to controller aiming.

KB+M gives a huge advantage in aiming. A mouse will always have better aim than a controller.

Why do you think console has never had support for keyboard and mouse?

DevilDog

KB+M gives a huge advantage in aiming. A mouse will always have better aim than a controller.

Why do you think console has always had aim assist? The input methods are on whole different leagues.
I'm guessing that if the aimbot is strong enough, you can rival PC accuracy.

Why do you think console has always had aim assist? The input methods are on whole different leagues.
I'm guessing that if the aimbot is strong enough, you can rival PC accuracy.
Huh? I would think if AA would let it rival PC, they would allow support for it.

No matter the levels of AA, PC will still be more accurate. It has been for a long time.

Where did you get that I always thought there was AA? I never said that or hinted to that. You're putting words into my mouth.

antitrop

Ya, and 3000 is top 10-12%. The distribution is weird.

Im exactly 3000 and its top 11%.

xmkp1oM.jpg

DevilDog

Huh? I would think if AA would let it rival PC, they would allow support for it.

No matter the levels of AA, PC will still be more accurate. It has been for a long time.

Where did you get that I always thought there was AA? I never said that or hinted to that. You're putting words into my mouth.

I, what? I was just saying that they use AA on console because of how unintuitive the controller is for aiming.
Therefore, even if the imput method isn't the best, with the correct amount of AA controller accuracy can rival the mouse accuracy.

I wasn't trying to put any words in your mouth.

No, I get that. I just always assumed that the KBM adapters just turned "move mouse up" into "move stick up" and so on. It sounds like they've been getting better. If they're doing some hardware-level interpretation, I could see that being a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom