• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

soloQ ain't all bad, all the time. ;) I had this EPIC moment w/ Zen. It's at the end, and was cut off - he ulted and put himself between me and the enemy D.Va after the enemy Mei ulted, and saved me not only from the Mei ult but the enemy D.Va nerfed right after when the vid cuts off, and I was saved from that too! LOL

Tovarisc

I, what? I was just saying that they use AA on console because of how unintuitive the controller is for aiming.
Therefore, even if the imput method isn't the best, with the correct amount of AA controller accuracy can rival the mouse accuracy.

I wasn't trying to put any words in your mouth.

It could rival mouse in accuracy when it comes to target tracking, but not in reaction speed. With mouse you are able to do a lot faster and more accurate turns than analog sticks allow.

Speaking of aim assist, I jacked up the sensitivity of Winston on ps4 to allow better leap handling and Omg the aim assist is so strong

I'm of the mind that the ds4 is good enough to where ps4 games generally don't need aim assist anymore, but I get that overwatch has a lot of different characters and whatnot that it makes sense.

But anyway yeah rapidly turning around is hilarious, it's really fast and then whenever a training bot is in view it slows down massively

Shouta

So are arcade sticks cheating too? I've seen the same argument about fighting games and execution once someone switches to arcade sticks. Took awhile to adjust, but after, they were able to do things that they couldn't do on pad before. ;)

You know that's totally not the same thing, lol. Console aiming is an approximation of mouse aiming but nowhere near as precise. Fight stick vs pad comparisons don't work here because, for the most part, it's just up to player preference.

Cappa

Banned
The higher I go up the ranks the more hard headed or incompetent my teammates seem to get.

We're up 2-0 on ilios and everyone decides we don't need a healer anymore. Of course I switch to healer but then no one counters the two healer opponents. We lost 3-2.

I, what? I was just saying that they use AA on console because of how unintuitive the controller is for aiming.
Therefore, even if the imput method isn't the best, with the correct amount of AA controller accuracy can rival the mouse accuracy.

I wasn't trying to put any words in your mouth.
Sorry, I misunderstood your first question, my bad.

But even then, mouse is still more accurate because it's harder to overshoot something by turning to far and it's easier to adjust. You can also have faster reaction times with a mouse because they move faster. If you tried to use just as fast sensitivity on a controller, you wouldn't be able to hit anything.

komaruR

No, I get that. I just always assumed that the KBM adapters just turned "move mouse up" into "move stick up" and so on. It sounds like they've been getting better. If they're doing some hardware-level interpretation, I could see that being a problem.

it is emulation of the stick moving up,down.left, right. there's no hardware-level interpretation unless its native/sony implement it. the accuracy comes from the fine tuning of the mouse movement compare to the analog. you can somewhat compare it to like pixel density or some sort. in sense you move a tiny bit on the mouse to fine tune but the analog is hard to just move tiny bit with comparison to mouse. ie analog only have ~1in diameter movement, where as mouse can move couple inch up,down,left.right.

anyway, now that there's dual-zone i feel im more accurate like playing cod/bf/destiny on console. perhaps dual-zone will further improve those kb/m adapter too since the previous exponential aiming wasn't that accurate for analog movement too imo.

6haTeQX.png

People on my team were perving at the cleavage Mei spray until I came along and ruined it with the perfect word bubble spray lol.

Then someone made it look like Reaper was saying it. XD

DevilDog

It could rival mouse in accuracy when it comes to target tracking, but not in reaction speed. With mouse you are able to do a lot faster and more accurate turns than analog sticks allow.
I've heard that in Titan fall, PC players would prefer to use controllers because of how strong the aimbot was. It's all about what kind of movement the game rewards the most and how strong the aim assist is.
I think it was actually seagull who said that.
Sorry, I misunderstood your first question, my bad.

But even then, mouse is still more accurate because it's harder to overshoot something by turning to far and it's easier to adjust. You can also have faster reaction times with a mouse because they move faster. If you tried to use just as fast sensitivity on a controller, you wouldn't be able to hit anything.

The aim assist can correct the overshooting you do with a controller. And the stronger the aimbot, the larger the margin of error.
But, without aim assist, noone would be able to hit anything on consoles.

Either way, mouse and keyboard will have a big advantage just because of reaction times and the fact that it's better for flick shots. If AA was a factor here, why has Widow always been worthless on console, while she's good on PC. Same with the whole Torb thing at the beginning of the game. He was a bigger problem on console because of aiming.

You are always left scratching your head when your main healer suddenly changes away without any warning.
"This game sucks, I'm uninstalling"

Well that didn't take long for you to change your mind -__-

It's amazing how much Blizzard games can just suck you in for good. I'm a victim of this with Diablo lol.

DevilDog

Either way, mouse and keyboard will have a big advantage just because of reaction times and the fact that it's better for flick shots. If AA was a factor here, why has Widow always been worthless on console, while she's good on PC. Same with the whole Torb thing at the beginning of the game. He was a bigger problem on console because of aiming.

Because Overwatch console aimbot is nowhere near strong enough to rival PC aiming.

Salarians

Lijiang competitive; we lose the first round and someone starts spamming "I need healing" while purposefully hitting and shooting my character
I was Lucio with golds in healing and objective time, he was 76 and was all over the map with a pocket Mercy

just... what

Moonkeis

Lijiang competitive; we lose the first round and someone starts spamming "I need healing" while purposefully hitting and shooting my character
I was Lucio with golds in healing and objective time, he was 76 and was all over the map with a pocket Mercy

just... what

I know the feels...everytime I'm playing Lucio, especially when I'm the only healer and a DPS is spamming me for heals when I was already standing right next to them...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

soloQ ain't all bad, all the time. ;) I had this EPIC moment w/ Zen. It's at the end, and was cut off - he ulted and put himself between me and the enemy D.Va after the enemy Mei ulted, and saved me not only from the Mei ult but the enemy D.Va nerfed right after when the vid cuts off, and I was saved from that too! LOL
That's awesome teamwork right there. I've found this season to be much in better than last in the teammates I've gotten overall. I've also managed to get to 2747 just SoloQing too. Sure you still get some crap and people who won't switch off their mains even when dragging the team down, but then you sometimes get moments like the vid you linked.

DevilDog

Payload was in overtime. I was playing Ana. The guy who threw the game was playing winston.

He leaps in the enemy team and nearly dies. He leaps in the air out of desperation, and I managed somehow to land a crazy grenade on him and hit every shot, keeping him alive.
Being in disbelief he was alive, he tried to use the scroll wheel to say Thank you!

He hit the wrong one and ended up sitting down and started eating peanut butter in front of the enemy team until he died. We lost the fight 5 v 6 soon after.

Weren't you just saying earlier that it could?

I'm confused now.
Ana are you reading without your glasses again?

Dumb question. When the Halloween event is over is it just the halloween themed loot boxes that will disappear? Reason I ask, is because the summer items are still there, you just can't buy them with credits. But with the Halloween ones you can.

Bogus

The Revenge of Dr. Junkenstein Halloween game is some serious fun and drips with style (Reinhardt's narration, the banter between the heroes and villains, the slow-mo close-ups of Junkenstein and his crew -- Lucioball feels a bit empty in comparison, and would have benefited from featuring the rest of the cast, like Winston and Tracer as referees, Pharah as eye-in-the-sky camerawoman, Hanzo and Genji on commentary, etc.). Blizzard is clearly having fun designing these limited run events; hopefully we'll see a more dedicated PvE mode in the future (like dungeons and boss encounters), because it fits smoothly into the framework they've already built.

I love that there are difficulty settings and a leaderboard this time. Medium feels like a solid challenge. Are 4-star and 5-star performances locked to Medium and Hard, respectively?

Also, Zarya's R.I.P. victory flex from beyond the grave is a riot.

I know the feels...everytime I'm playing Lucio, especially when I'm the only healer and a DPS is spamming me for heals when I was already standing right next to them...

¯_(ツ)_/¯

A lot of idiots out there think healing is instant with Lucio...

We can't heal you that quickly when you're being shot

"Our Lucio was useless"
Thankfully I haven't actually heard someone say that over the mic but I've gotten plenty of "I need healing" followed by Understood and Thanks if someone dies while I play him. Nevermind the fact that I'm playing the only healer and I'm making my way back from the spawn point because no one is protecting me. I usually do well enough but there are occasions where I'm not on my game but can't switch because no one else will heal.

Cappa

Banned
Yes, Junk and Dva are instalocks in just about every game I've played in the last 2 weeks.

Dva in the hands of a good player *ahem like me* can do some real damage. I'm always getting Silver/Gold medals in Elims, Damage, and Objective Kills with Dva. My mains are Symmetra and Dva right now, depending on situation. I'll go healer if needed too.

Bad players pick Junkrat because you can just spam the shoot button and level up your Ult easily.

Chance

Are you serious? Because if that's true that's amazing and gives me a reason to want that skin.

Totally serious, totally true. You can check it out in the hero gallery by going to the skin and switching to the equipment view (you can cycle through her hero skin, weapon skin and the turret skin).

Also, this is what inspired my first-ever salt message!

https://youtu.be/TyJFeTILfeY

We were doing a decent job holding down Volskaya B (on PS4) with two Zaryas, but I was starting to feel like I was always blowing my projected barrier on the other Zarya to give her extra survivability and psych out the enemy team, but I never found myself getting barriered and didn't feel like our Ana was giving me much support. So I switched to something more survivable - Mei - came out of the spawn and just rolled through the enemy team all the way to the main choke on B. And it's not like it was super-amazing - I pretty much just took out the Pharah, Soldier and D.Va, but I felt so badass and unstoppable I had to emote after I took out the D.Va. D.Va did... not like that.

antitrop

just... what
Ya, that happens all the time. I just spam "I need healing" back at them.

Dva in the hands of a good player *ahem like me* can do some real damage. I'm always getting Silver/Gold medals in Elims, Damage, and Objective Kills with Dva. My mains are Symmetra and Dva right now, depending on situation. I'll go healer if needed too.

Bad players pick Junkrat because you can just spam the shoot button and level up your Ult easily.

Oh absolutely, it might have came off snarky but that wasn't my intention.

I play a pretty good Dva myself and have seen her dominate quite a few matches in my skill bracket.

Same thing with the junker, he's fun as hell to play so I understand why he's being picked.

I lost my chance to record my Ana potg cos my game crashed as it was loading :( wasn't too impressive just a double kill and a heal.

Guessing you guys stomped that game since you had the number one ranked guy on PS4 on your team.

:0 i didnt know that.
Well it wasnt hard. We held first point almost till overtime then held halfway to 2nd point so yeah.

Which player was the number1?

Dumb question. When the Halloween event is over is it just the halloween themed loot boxes that will disappear? Reason I ask, is because the summer items are still there, you just can't buy them with credits. But with the Halloween ones you can.

Seems like a good question to me, I'd like to know as well.

Would be pretty sweet if yes.

Jellie

:0 i didnt know that.
Well it wasnt hard. We held first point almost till overtime then held halfway to 2nd point so yeah.

Which player was the number1?
Dark_assan1nator is number one. He's 4700+ sr. Not sure on his teammates since I don't recognise their names. Only recognise his as I have a few of his teammates on my psn so played with him in quick play/custom games like a couple of times I think.

Kyrios

My friends and I haven't even touched Quick or Competitive since Junkenstein's Revenge came out. Something about it is just so addicting and we made a few friends doing it.

mollipen

You are always left scratching your head when your main healer suddenly changes away without any warning.

I do it when my team isn't getting shit done and we really need to get shit done. I never like the idea of abandoning the healer position, but I've had plenty of games where that turned things around.

Salarians

I think it's safe to assume they will no longer be purchasable after the Halloween event ends.

Are you kidding me? I just cleared target A on Hollywood of a Zarya, Roadhog, and Tracer with Soldier 76 ult but was killed by one solitary Sym. And not one mother fucker rushed the empty target. Like, literally on my death cam my entire team was dancing on the outskirts, scared of one Sym.

Not to sound like an ass, but what the hell was going through their minds? Why would you not advance??

Seems like a good question to me, I'd like to know as well.

Would be pretty sweet if yes.

That's a shame. But I figured :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom