• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That terrible feeling when you've been on fire the entire match, have four gold medals, and still your teams loses hard. Solo carrying can be so rough, man. I don't care about W/L-ratio at all, it just sucks to lose competitive points. I really think Blizz should rethink how competitive points are gained and lost. W/L shouldn't be the only factor. They take 0 consideration to skill.

Battlefield 1 is gonna be such a breath of fresh air.

Love when assholes get their karmic revenge ASAP.

Had a match where I was playing Mei with a 5 person premade, and even though we won they were bitching about me in their channel (They wanted me to be Zarya despite already having 2 tanks, but didnt say shit in the open channel), so they spammed me with "Stop throwing the match" messages.

Second game they were on the opposing team and I picked Reaper, had an amazing team and an Ana who kept Nano boosting me. Ended up getting POTG. The best part was the guy who spammed me with messages kept dcing most of the set (Or he was rage quitting)

ugh maybe this is a bug but witch mercy doesn't have the correct player icon thing? It's not a Halloween problem as I have Demon Hanzo and he shows up correctly

I do it when my team isn't getting shit done and we really need to get shit done. I never like the idea of abandoning the healer position, but I've had plenty of games where that turned things around.
Same. Typical match is like
Be healer
DPS playing dog shit
3/4 of the match goes by
Switch to DPS hero
Turn the game around

Profit.

Had pretty terrible luck today, haven't seen a win streak in forever. Good play from vault at least, I think if we add a reliable Zarya main like payoff to that group we would wreck house.

Be healer
DPS playing dog shit
3/4 of the match goes by
Switch to DPS hero
Turn the game around

Profit.

This happens too much, and its turning me into a jaded asshole. I used to hop right on the healer role if nobody else did, now I'll just wait and let someone else do it.

I know at my worst, atleast I'm a decent DPS who knows how to swap to counter the enemy. The worst offender lately seems to be Tracer and Genji, the difference between a good one and a bad one is insane

What if to make Symmetra better they changed her shields so instead of just adding 25 shields, it converted part of your base HP to shield type too, so the team gets (a good amount of) regen health? Constant damage would still kill as effectively, but anyone who escapes/retreats would get better suvivability and be back in faster.

Ugh, game hates me lately. Let me get so close to my goal and then send me into the abyss. Wins and losses with Biscuit and Letdown but more losses, and some heartbreakers, highlighted by losing a 6v5 on defense. Back to the low 3200's.

Good games guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Be healer
DPS playing dog shit
3/4 of the match goes by
Switch to DPS hero
Turn the game around

Profit.

I was getting stomped on KOTH with Zen. One of the rare situations where we had a healer other than just me but they had two as well and my dudes just weren't putting out the DPS because we had two flankers(!!!) instead so I switched to 76, turned the match around and had 55 eliminations and we won the match.

It sucks because I love playing Lucio for a good team but there's only so much I can do as Lucio. Solo queue specifically because the team doesn't take advantage of speed boost to go in at all.

messiaen

This happens too much, and its turning me into a jaded asshole. I used to hop right on the healer role if nobody else did, now I'll just wait and let someone else do it.

I know at my worst, atleast I'm a decent DPS who knows how to swap to counter the enemy. The worst offender lately seems to be Tracer and Genji, the difference between a good one and a bad one is insane
If I see a Tracer, Genji or Hanzo on my team, I just get the feeling we're going to lose.

Had the most obnoxious team just now. Two pre-teens that sounded like they were eating their mics.

Tovarisc

Went from 2300s to 2400s and quality of players took nosedive. Suddenly flankers went from flankers to useless frontline brawlers, people don't even try to position smartly so you as healer end up running in circles after people etc.

How going up in SR lowers quality of players? <.<

If I see a Tracer, Genji or Hanzo on my team, I just get the feeling we're going to lose.

Had the most obnoxious team just now. Two pre-teens that sounded like they were eating their mics.

Had a really good Hanzo yesterday. But seems like 99% of the good Genji I see are always on the other team, and always dropping ults on us like every 30 seconds.

Tracer just seems so mixed. Every once in a while I'll see a REALLY good one. But usually they are just annoying as hell and randomly spraying people mid gunfights

I probably wasted all of my luck on the Summer Games boxes, 5 boxes into the Halloween boxes; only non-spray / voice line I've gotten so far is Zenyatta's grave.
unknown.png

Prelude.

Went from 2300s to 2400s and quality of players took nosedive. Suddenly flankers went from flankers to useless frontline brawlers, people don't even try to position smartly so you as healer end up running in circles after people etc.

How going up in SR lowers quality of players? <.<
2400 is the "so close yet so far" zone, where people keep getting pushed back right before hitting platinum. I can see them being more frustrated and playing less rationally.

Skii

Honestly I'm just laughing at the play around rank 15. No one has any awareness of the objective. I'm Genji and I sat on the cart for the entire second checkpoint on Echenwalde as the rest of the players fought away from the payload. I just sat there and whipped out dragon blade near the end as people from respawn accidentally contested it lol.

I have to wonder if I was this bad when I first played.

Just encountered what is now my biggest new pet peeve.

When you win the first round handily, then someone decides to jack your character inbetween rounds.....I even ended up with the quad kill POTG from it

Tovarisc

2400 is the "so close yet so far" zone, where people keep getting pushed back right before hitting platinum. I can see them being more frustrated and playing less rationally.

Well game took out baseball bat and has beaten me back into 2300SR hole :/ When single reaper destroys whole team you just know it's going well for climb.

man there's so many good tracer skins I don't know what to choose

I love the default, slipstream, sporty, posh, ultraviolet, mach t and track and field almost equally

obviously I can't buy the last one and I have the first two already, just not sure which of the remaining 4 to get....

sixghost

That terrible feeling when you've been on fire the entire match, have four gold medals, and still your teams loses hard. Solo carrying can be so rough, man. I don't care about W/L-ratio at all, it just sucks to lose competitive points. I really think Blizz should rethink how competitive points are gained and lost. W/L shouldn't be the only factor. They take 0 consideration to skill.

Battlefield 1 is gonna be such a breath of fresh air.
If you are better than your rank, you will eventually rank up. It's that simple. The idea of elo-hell has been disproven so many times.

man there's so many good tracer skins I don't know what to choose

I love the default, slipstream, sporty, posh, ultraviolet, mach t and track and field almost equally

obviously I can't buy the last one and I have the first two already, just not sure which of the remaining 4 to get....
Sporty over everything. Best Tracer skin. I know a certain Tracer main who would agree with me <_<
If you are better than your rank, you will eventually rank up. It's that simple. The idea of elo-hell has been disproven so many times.
This. If people were actually lower than they think they should be, then the game would help them climb to where they should be. Yes there will be one day where you have a bad stretch and that's just bad luck, but that's just what it is.

Not if you solo q no, a single player can't carry an entire team and you need to win to rank up.
There are plenty of people here who rank up with solo queue, that's an invalid excuse. If you are supposed to be higher than you are then the game will help you get there but that doesn't mean you still don't have to work for it.
Also there's an equal chance of your teammates being shit over your enemies being shit.

Just played with the Rank 11 player (Or 10 now I think), best Tracer I have seen ingame, ever.

Also I solo queue'd from the 2900s to 3600 currently. Seem to get better matches than when I duo or triple queue'd with friends.

sikkinixx

You should lose experience if you quit games when your team is losing. Nothing like 3 people bailing on your game to make it completely fucked. Even in a quick Play. Get fucked quitters.

You should lose experience if you quit games when your team is losing. Nothing like 3 people bailing on your game to make it completely fucked. Even in a quick Play. Get fucked quitters.
It already does that. If you leave a match early you don't get the experience from that match that shows at the end, you have to finish the match to gain any experience. Plus leaving multiple matches in a row gives a -75% XP penalty.

Rank 3700 game....no healers, a Symmetra and a Widowmaker. Wut. And then they blame shitty teammates, kek. They left me to solo heal the first round despite the fact we got lit up with 2 heals

I am so fucking sick of graviton surges disappearing in to thin air

I was playing comp, coordinated with a reaper, i popped my ult and then he popped his but mine went fucking nowhere

I am so fucking sick of graviton surges disappearing in to thin air

I was playing comp, coordinated with a reaper, i popped my ult and then he popped his but mine went fucking nowhere

D.Va nearby? I have had that happen before, I cry internally every time.

Though on rare occasions my ult will go way further or close than I expected it too, especially if I'm aiming at an arc.

sikkinixx

It already does that. If you leave a match early you don't get the experience from that match that shows at the end, you have to finish the match to gain any experience. Plus leaving multiple matches in a row gives a -75% XP penalty.

I knew you didn't get any from that match (though if you are getting stomped quickly you will only get 1500ish anyway) but I didn't know about the penalty. Feels like every match I'm in people drop so frequently.

ohkay

Not if you solo q no, a single player can't carry an entire team and you need to win consistently to rank up.
By the law of averages, yes. If you are better than you are currently ranked, you will climb because you will be better than the other 11 people in the game, and that puts your team at an advantage. The thing is it might take more games to happen than you'd like

taco543

Any people on PS4 want to Junkenstein's Revenge on Medium with no damage done to the door?

We just need 2 more and any role works my friend and I can work around what you pick.

PSN: WolfLycan543

I swear, it annoys me more having a Mei on my team then against. If you're gonna play her, know when to put the fucking ice wall up and when not to, you fucking detriment.

D.Va nearby? I have had that happen before, I cry internally every time.

Though on rare occasions my ult will go way further or close than I expected it too, especially if I'm aiming at an arc.

Dva ate it

so she can eat an entire ult but can't eat my primary fire? that's weird

also i've played about 10 hours this season and just experienced my first draw... two times in a row

Any people on PS4 want to Junkenstein's Revenge on Medium with no damage done to the door?

We just need 2 more and any role works my friend and I can work around what you pick.

PSN: WolfLycan543

sure, I also need to win hard actually if y'all are up for it

I have no preference for hero either

PSN: Psychoward23

so she can eat an entire ult but can't eat my primary fire? that's weird

also i've played about 10 hours this season and just experienced my first draw... two times in a row
She eats all projectiles, so bullets and grenades and what not. The only things she can't eat are Winstons fire, Symmetras main fire, Zaryas main fire, and any melee ability.

Skii

Not if you solo q no, a single player can't carry an entire team and you need to win consistently to rank up.

I used to believe in Elo hell but I've become considerably better than what I was in first season and am currently at 2800 climbing from 2400. It is a lot quicker to go up in a 2/3 stack with good players but you can still do it slowly if that's how good you are. You just need to remember that the law of averages needs infinite games played so the more you play, the closer to your SR you'll end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom