• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

messiaen

I swear, it annoys me more having a Mei on my team then against. If you're gonna play her, know when to put the fucking ice wall up and when not to, you fucking detriment.
I always try to use ice walls to split the other team. More often than not tanks will charge in first so you can isolate them, kill them easily and then clean up the rest when the wall falls.

Sometimes the mouse placement can be wonky though.

Had a really good Hanzo yesterday. But seems like 99% of the good Genji I see are always on the other team, and always dropping ults on us like every 30 seconds.

Tracer just seems so mixed. Every once in a while I'll see a REALLY good one. But usually they are just annoying as hell and randomly spraying people mid gunfights
I've yet to have a good Hanzo on my team in rank. I'm the same with Genji, I try to stop him as Mei but when he starts jump dashing everywhere it's hard to keep up with him.

Sad to hear the game isn't that much better in the upper leagues...

We were down 2-1 in Nepal and a teammate quits -_-, but then...

...somehow...

... we were able to pull off the comeback. We won the last round 100-99 and I immediately started junping across my whole living room.

Such a fucking amazing feeling man.

Sad to hear the game isn't that much better in the upper leagues...

Honestly it is much better. You run into less rage quitters and pure idiocy, but you still run into people with big egos and who just think they are better than they are or try to blame singular players for team problems.

I was stuck in the 2900s for so long, even though I knew my rank should be higher. Finally I had a good win streak and broke into the 3200s and now I'm just steadily climbing, it feels much harder to lose rank at this point. I'm like less than 100 points from breaking into the top 500 now.

The main problem just goes from having people who dont understand having Torbjorn and Widowmaker isnt viable, to players who think that because they got to that rank they don't have to ever use any other characters (Mostly referring to Top 500s and their DPS characters)

Honestly I'm just laughing at the play around rank 15. No one has any awareness of the objective. I'm Genji and I sat on the cart for the entire second checkpoint on Echenwalde as the rest of the players fought away from the payload. I just sat there and whipped out dragon blade near the end as people from respawn accidentally contested it lol.

I have to wonder if I was this bad when I first played.
It's mostly just people not paying attention. Believe it or not, this actually happened in a pro game. It was a World Cup match, don't remember the teams, i think one was Germany? On Hollywood the attacking team was moving the payload to he second point and with 15 seconds left got wiped. The defending team pushed hard towards theirnspawn to keep them from getting to the payload. Little did they know, the other teams McCree was behind them and had pushed the payload all the way to the second checkpoint. Not a single person on the defending team had a clue. It was great lol.
the defending team still won lol.

XenoRaven

Had a really good Hanzo yesterday. But seems like 99% of the good Genji I see are always on the other team, and always dropping ults on us like every 30 seconds.

Tracer just seems so mixed. Every once in a while I'll see a REALLY good one. But usually they are just annoying as hell and randomly spraying people mid gunfights
Honestly I think the mark of a good Tracer is one who knows when to give up on a kill and disengage. Even if she's not doing a ton of damage it forces the defending team to make a choice. Ignore and focus on the front line choke point, or get off the front line and eliminate the Tracer. I really really hate having make that choice as a defender.

I suppose it's always worth pointing out the times the pendulum swings back in your direction, today I got 3 wins in a row where I was clearly on the competent teams, had one where my teams four stack was significantly better than the opposing teams which then in turn made me think that the poor solo queue chaps on the other team were in a position I knew all too well.
Would certainly explain one of them being borderline suicidal with D-Va trying to break point A on Kings Row, alas their brief distraction efforts were for naught but I knew that pain.

One match I did find funny was the first one of these where we were down in KotH, I'd been covering a rare lack of DPS at McCree, alas mine is still pretty ho-hum but it was working well enough....and then I just thought "eh, maybe I'd actually do better with my main man Zen" and sure enough I started running wild, just goes to show that sometimes it's worth just going with who you're best as.

hesido

Screw this.

I began playing season (ps4) and it reinforced the notion that I'm a sub par player (started on the 3rd level from the lowest), I worked my way up 50 points close to the next level (something like 8 wins and 2 losses, as far as I remember) and then after my muscle memory for leaving kicked in when the game practically finished with a loss (round ended, before match complete announce) a good chunk of points were removed, then came the onslaught of losses, and then I forgot to cancel game search when I went to the toilet, so then I was this time banned for like 10 mins and of course it was considered a loss, now I'm almost at where I started.

All my fault but screw this shit.

xaosslug

I swear, it annoys me more having a Mei on my team then against. If you're gonna play her, know when to put the fucking ice wall up and when not to, you fucking detriment.

if generally speaking they're a good Mei, then it's like whatever, and I'll even deal w/ her blocking my ults with a misplaced wall or 5. But if she's bad then she's just like any other bad teammate.
shrugsmiley0yuqs.gif

enemy Mei's are faaaaaaar worse.

No quitters so far today, on a 4 game win streak...slowly climbing back up to where I was.

Still getting shit loot drops. It's always white, white, blue, white...in that order, with my blue being a dupe.

The chances of that happening seem like it should be lower than the chance of getting an epic or legendary...but apparently not 😔

Honestly I think the mark of a good Tracer is one who knows when to give up on a kill and disengage. Even if she's not doing a ton of damage it forces the defending team to make a choice. Ignore and focus on the front line choke point, or get off the front line and eliminate the Tracer. I really really hate having make that choice as a defender.

I see too many that go balls deep into the enemy territory only to get picked without even killing anyone and leaving us a player down in the push.

I feel like the best Tracers are the ones who wait for engagements and pick off heals and other characters with limited movement options. Also the ones who actually combo their ults. A good Sticky Bomb+Graviton Surge can kill enemies even through Transcendence, but I see too many Tracers tossing their bombs and missing or barely getting an assist.

I always try to use ice walls to split the other team. More often than not tanks will charge in first so you can isolate them, kill them easily and then clean up the rest when the wall falls.

Sometimes the mouse placement can be wonky though.

Yeah sometimes the wall just doesn't go where it looks like it should.

Tovarisc

No quitters so far today, on a 4 game win streak...slowly climbing back up to where I was.

Still getting shit loot drops. It's always white, white, blue, white...in that order, with my blue being a dupe.

The chances of that happening seem like it should be lower than the chance of getting an epic or legendary...but apparently not ��

Pattern with loot always is YYXY where X is highest quality drop. Y can be anything from white to purple, but never higher than X's quality.

In my experience.

Yeah sometimes the wall just doesn't go where it looks like it should.

I love when that happens. And its why I have mercy on Mei's who mess up walls occasionally. Nothing sucks more than thinking you are about to set up a perfect pick, only for your wall to go slightly shorter than it was supposed to and get someone killed or block someone elses pick.

Same with Reapers damn teleportation....aim for a ledge, only for it to send me right below it.

Skii

Good games Jellie! Man I think you could've had the solo team kill if you landed that bomb. I suicide gravitoned all 6 of them lol. Roadhog was nanoboosted so maybe he wouldn't die but that was unlucky. I'm gonna come off now as my internet is just playing up too much.

I have no idea what the odds of this happening are, but me and my girlfriend were laughing real hard when she slept an enemy Pharah today.

https://gfycat.com/BlankEllipticalGoosefish

That's pro Ana play if I've ever seen it.

Question that has been boggling my mind for weeks: What do people get out of going passive and saying hello to the enemy team? They'll literally do it the entire match. Single people, groups, you name it. I had three team mates chilling on a bed in Volksaya do nothing for the entire game. I've seen one person do it repeatedly even though they keep getting killed by the enemy team. I've seen someone do it multiple games in a row. I've even see it Ranked!

What the hell is wrong with these people?

Jellie

Good games Jellie! Man I think you could've had the solo team kill if you landed that bomb. I suicide gravitoned all 6 of them lol. Roadhog was nanoboosted so maybe he wouldn't die but that was unlucky. I'm gonna come off now as my internet is just playing up too much.

That's pro Ana play if I've ever seen it.

I think junkrat was boosted not roadhog. Plus I shot at roadhog as I went in to make sure he was below 400.

I'm planning to buy this but it seems crazy expansive at the moment so I need wait.

Can anyone tell me if the halloween stuff will be available after Halloween? Like is it a temporary thing or was it added for the event and remains unlockable afterwards?

Missing out on it will probably sour me on the game.

Question that has been boggling my mind for weeks: What do people get out of going passive and saying hello to the enemy team? They'll literally do it the entire match. Single people, groups, you name it. I had three team mates chilling on a bed in Volksaya do nothing for the entire game. I've seen one person do it repeatedly even though they keep getting killed by the enemy team. I've seen someone do it multiple games in a row. I've even see it Ranked!

What the hell is wrong with these people?

It's a thing in skirmish for sure.

Fortunately I've never had it happen in an actual game. My guess would be jus trolls bein trolls.

It's a fussy fucking aiming scheme. What do you want? Get off my words.
lol you can change it back to the old one if you want.

No need to get all defensive for no reason.

There's nothing fussy about it. Pretty much every post I've seen about it since it was changed was that it improved their aim a ton, so....

lol you can change it back to the old one if you want.

No need to get all defensive for no reason.

There's nothing fussy about it. Pretty much every post I've seen about it since it was changed was that it improved their aim a ton, so....

Sorry. I'm being a defensive douche. Just frustrated about my loss ratio today.

Veelk

Banned
This might be the weirdest thing I've experienced in this game. I am just sitting in the backline/extending OT for the longest time. But nothing is happening. I'm not dying but I can't hit a fucking pulse bomb. Nothing happens for awhile then I finally die and we lose.

https://youtu.be/jgx_byMl1p0

Second to Mei, Tracer is probably the most evil character in the game.

But I applaud your skill at surviving in that MASSIVE cluster.

I'm planning to buy this but it seems crazy expansive at the moment so I need wait.

Can anyone tell me if the halloween stuff will be available after Halloween? Like is it a temporary thing or was it added for the event and remains unlockable afterwards?

Missing out on it will probably sour me on the game.
It's temporary and I'm sad I missed the summer games one but they'll do it again next year, you're not gonna be permenantly locked out of any skins except for Noire Widowmaker (pre-order bonus) and that's a bad skin for a bad hero :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom