• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkay

I haven't been playing Genji consistently since I'm trying to get better with McCree and damn I've gotten rusty with him

Second to Mei, Tracer is probably the most evil character in the game.

But I applaud your skill at surviving in that MASSIVE cluster.
Mei evil? Never

https://youtu.be/5ijiW8loGZo

So. Much. Going. On. How did you survive for so long?
I have no clue how I survived. I also have no clue how we didn't win with me surviving so long, or how I didnt just get some kind of quad kill pulse bomb at one point. Really weird game. Dakar and Kiro were there maybe they can shed some light on what was happening.

lol you can change it back to the old one if you want.

No need to get all defensive for no reason.

There's nothing fussy about it. Pretty much every post I've seen about it since it was changed was that it improved their aim a ton, so....

I went back to the old one.

It felt alright for a little bit but then totally fucked me up when I played Reaper, for some reason, so I swapped back and haven't tried it since.

Tovarisc

Some graphical glitches in Halloween Hollywood.
overwatch_2016_10_12_m5bnk.png
overwatch_2016_10_12_tiyg6.png

overwatch_2016_10_16_orbzk.png
overwatch_2016_10_16_hdad1.png
Edit: One step back and forth in pics

Jellie

I think skii said he had graphical glitches in Hollywood too. Might be the same thing.
But you're diamond level and i'm a pleb. I still come out on top imo.

I still don't think I've won a game on Echenwalde on attack.
You might be diamond. Have to find out after your placement.

Kito

You can tell straight away from the heroes on each team who is going to win. Mirror matches in S2 are rare. Winning is about who has the least trolls, who doesn't have Hanzo, etc etc. And if you're winning with Hanzo, opponents probably have Torb and Symmetra and when these switch you're going to get smacked in the face hard.

Jellie

You can tell straight away from the heroes on each team who is going to win. Mirror matches in S2 are rare. Winning is about who has the least trolls, who doesn't have Hanzo, etc etc. And if you're winning with Hanzo, opponents probably have Torb and Symmetra and when these switch you're going to get smacked in the face hard.
If it's a situation with a team having a hanzo and there other having a torb etc it usually comes to which team handles it better, assuming everything is equal. If you start arguing or the team starts pilling on that person then the team will be tilted and lose.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I had a hanzo and we lost, but not because of the hanzo who was doing alright, but because someone threw a hissy fit about us having a hanzo and went widow doing nothing.

So yeah, stop fucking being that guy about picks. I might grouse about the odd junkrat here and there but whatever, I'm not going to be a dick to people who want to play their character. I might ask them to switch if things don't work out, but worry less about picks and more about working together as a team.

Redmoon

My solo q dva alt has started to queue up into upper masters/low top500 players in QP.

Gonna be interesting to see where that account places in ranked, since my main does not attract higher than 3100ish for ranked players in QP. It's hidden mmr must be jacked right now for lvl 12.

Jellie

My solo q dva alt has started to queue up into upper masters/low top500 players in QP.

Gonna be interesting to see where that account places in ranked, since my main does not attract higher than 3100ish for ranked players in QP. It's hidden mmr must be jacked right now for lvl 12.
Is the hidden MMR for qp different to comp? My games in quick play today were mostly against gold but my comp rank is diamond.

LiK

Fucking around as Hanzo and still getting some good kills. Still can't get my Ult to kill more than 1-2 guys at once. Need to find some good spots to unleash it.

Skii

I think skii said he had graphical glitches in Hollywood too. Might be the same thing.

You might be diamond. Have to find out after your placement.

I'd be happy if I was a platinum player this season. My movement is still all over the place. It's actually difficult for me to play Reaper on non KOTH maps because I just don't feel comfortable flanking. Two more weeks probably until I'm comfortable enough to do competitive. I just hope I get placed close enough to you. Just try not to go to master :p

Hanzo is a decent pick at platinum or higher level. Him and Mei are easily the best defence heroes. Unlike Junkrat, Hanzo can easily get a quick pick at the start of the match and immediately sway a fight in your favour before it's even begun. Plus, his ult has great synergy with Zarya which you find in almost every competitive match.

eek5

Someone said that it happens when you knock candles off the candle props. Happens in Eichenwalde too.

I had a hanzo and we lost, but not because of the hanzo who was doing alright, but because someone threw a hissy fit about us having a hanzo and went widow doing nothing.

So yeah, stop fucking being that guy about picks. I might grouse about the odd junkrat here and there but whatever, I'm not going to be a dick to people who want to play their character. I might ask them to switch if things don't work out, but worry less about picks and more about working together as a team.

Someone that gets tilted by a hero pick in the first couple seconds of the match is probably going to get tilted by every single thing in the game. Chance of success when the game opens up by someone whining about comp is so low.

I've been playing support a lot this season so you kind of get a sense of what everyone is contributing. About half my losses have a dude like that and usually they don't do shit but just blame everyone else for the loss.

hesido

I lost the 200 points I gained after placement in two days and now I'm back to square one. I'm done playing the season, or maybe even the game. Damn it. Thanks for reading. Cheers.

LiK

These stacking teams in QP really are quite annoying. We need unranked 1-hero limit mode so bad. I just wanna have fun and not deal with back to back Ults from the same heroes.

Redmoon

Is the hidden MMR for qp different to comp? My games in quick play today were mostly against gold but my comp rank is diamond.

Im not sure if they are different(im pretty sure they are tho not 100%), but I know it will use your existing MMR gained from QP for your placements if you do not have comp history. For example Season 1 placements used your QP mmr(since no one had comp history) to place you with players of equal skill from what was said by devs.

It could also be your QP mmr is now behind your comp one, since I recall you being around 2500 and then climbing to diamond, so your q'ing into golds in QP because of that.

I guess only time will tell in the end for me.

eek5

I lost the 200 points I gained after placement in two days and now I'm back to square one. I'm done playing the season, or maybe even the game. Damn it. Thanks for reading. Cheers.

Sorry to hear that man. I went up 150 and then back down just yesterday night. Streaks happen. I just try to focus on the little things I can do to keep improving. It's satisfying when I make a mistake, make a mental note of it, and do it better the next time the situation comes up. Since I'm so focused on what I'm doing as a whole I find that losses and bad streaks don't affect me as much.

Almost at 3200, good games today all around. Ana is so freaking awesome, it's so stupid that when I pick her some of my teammates start punching me like I'm trolling or something, so dumb. In the 8 games I played her I had 6W-1D-1L.

Btw, how do you guys play her? I never use the scope and I'm always together with my team, I know this isn't the way she was meant to play (long range healer) but to me this is what works best by far.

This might be the weirdest thing I've experienced in this game. I am just sitting in the backline/extending OT for the longest time. But nothing is happening. I'm not dying but I can't hit a fucking pulse bomb. Nothing happens for awhile then I finally die and we lose.

https://youtu.be/jgx_byMl1p0

You might have broken a world record lol.

I have no idea what the odds of this happening are, but me and my girlfriend were laughing real hard when she slept an enemy Pharah today.

https://gfycat.com/BlankEllipticalGoosefish

There's no words to describe how awesome this is :)

Tovarisc

Just walled in the defense team on the last point in Gibraltar in their spawn and won the game. Mei is such a dick!

Favorite child has many names. "A Dick" is acceptable one when talking about Mei. I just call her Satan most of the time. As healer I hate her ultimate, moment it goes up you are frozen. You need to be so on edge of that thing in order to be able to escape.

----------------

Went today from barely 2300 to 2574. Mid to high 2400s was interesting place, people were playing a lot more recklessly than people in 2300s causing quite a bit unnecessary deaths and doing roles poorly. Got into 2500s and people played properly again. Totally had forgotten how odd place 2400s can be.

5 game win streak ends. Somehow we were favored to win by 51...but only myself and 1 other person would play the objective.

Payloads are the worst in terms of getting teammates to pto imo. Maybe it's the bigger maps...I dunno.

BigDug13

I'd be happy if I was a platinum player this season. My movement is still all over the place. It's actually difficult for me to play Reaper on non KOTH maps because I just don't feel comfortable flanking. Two more weeks probably until I'm comfortable enough to do competitive. I just hope I get placed close enough to you. Just try not to go to master :p

Hanzo is a decent pick at platinum or higher level. Him and Mei are easily the best defence heroes. Unlike Junkrat, Hanzo can easily get a quick pick at the start of the match and immediately sway a fight in your favour before it's even begun. Plus, his ult has great synergy with Zarya which you find in almost every competitive match.

The great thing about an all or nothing class like Hanzo is they don't feed support ults like other classes. Hard to feed healer ults when you're getting one hit kills.

The problem is how many people playing Hanzo fit into the "nothing" side of the equation.

Auctopus

Been tearing up as attack Bastion. Works really well on Route 66, KOTH, Numbani but struggles to get through the second checkpoint bottleneck in Gibraltar. I really hate Gibraltar.

Good Tracers annoy the shit outta me.

Had to face one on Ilios, rank ~30 if I remember correctly with ~120h hours of Tracer only in this season, playing most likely with the highest sensitivity setting and with extremely high accuracy... that shit was painful.

I have my Tracer at 50/50, and if I go beyond that my aim turns to complete shit.

I mean, if you have a teammate quit and you stay and finish the game...you shouldn't lose SR.

I'm fine with the loss and the other team gaining SR...but why punish people who had no chance of winning?

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I mean, if you have a teammate quit and you stay and finish the game...you shouldn't lose SR.

I'm fine with the loss and the other team gaining SR...but why punish people who had no chance of winning?

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

yeah, a 2nd guy left the next round

I got hit with a loss and less SR because people on my team quit in the early parts of the match :/

especially disheartening considering I had just come off 3 draws

yeah, a 2nd guy left the next round

I got hit with a loss and less SR because people on my team quit in the early parts of the match :/

Yup, I know this pain all to well brother.

I won a couple 5v6 games after people quit, but usually at least 1 other person will quit as well...then it's jus Stat padding for the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom