• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That helpless feeling when your playing Zen, and the other team has a good Tracer.

Lulz, I was literally begging for protection.

As someone who has atleast half of their total ranked playtime as Zen, I do one of two things in this situation.

A. Discord and spam shots at head level like a motherfucker and pray to hear that sweet headshot ding.

B. Switch to Roadhog or Winston and then tell my teammates to learn to protect me when they complain about a solo healer.

Mush

Yeah....I'v seen Mekaless D.va take down Roadhogs and Winstons before. Its one of those things you can't dwell on or you feel too sad about the fate of humanity.
I had someone go off on me the other night because I couldn't kill a "naked" D.Va by myself as Roadhog while defending point A on Hanamura.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well I didn't go off on the guy, but man, mekaless DVa shouldn't be that hard to down.

Roadhog I can semi understand if you hook is on cooldown because she has a pretty shotgun unfriendly hitbox.

As someone who has atleast half of their total ranked playtime as Zen, I do one of two things in this situation.

A. Discord and spam shots at head level like a motherfucker and pray to hear that sweet headshot ding.

B. Switch to Roadhog or Winston and then tell my teammates to learn to protect me when they complain about a solo healer.

Lulz, hell yeah...I was dancin with her, but she was gettin me way more times than I got her.

I'll also go option B sometimes too but, I was solo healin...I chose Zen cuz we had the infamous insta-lock shitty dps 2 stack, who couldn't get elims if their lives depended on it.

Well I didn't go off on the guy, but man, mekaless DVa shouldn't be that hard to down.

Roadhog I can semi understand if you hook is on cooldown because she has a pretty shotgun unfriendly hitbox.

I've lost an embarrassing amount of 1v1s against Zero Suit D.Va as multiple characters.

Her blaster always seems to do way more damage than it should.

Redmoon

Shouldave only done 1 comp game tonight. Just the usual comp woes at this level.

I can tell, as a DPS player, when our dps is lacking, and when it lacks while we have 3, and im outperforming all of them as dva, I just FeelsBadMan.

I just don't have a big enough solo presence to landslide games in my favor as much as others can, as I'm more of a "I work better with a team" player.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man ana did not remotely get nerfed. If anything she got buffed. The grenade's radius is too fucking good as an attacking tool. It's almost as oppressive as discord.

Got put in a backfill match and chose Mei. Four kills was enough for gold. Wat

That happened to me too tonight.

That feeling you get when the match ends and you get gold with only four kills.
mi6Nshk.gif

Welcome to the All*Star teams.

I don't get as much time for overwatch as I'd like, so when I get 4 halloween loot boxes over the past couple of days and every single one is WWBW It really starts to make you question your life choices

_woLf

I've opened 12 halloween lootboxes now.

I haven't got a single skin or emote. Sprays and voice clips only.

Fuck this game. This loot system is such fucking garbage.

I've opened 12 halloween lootboxes now.

I haven't got a single skin or emote. Sprays and voice clips only.

Fuck this game. This loot system is such fucking garbage.

I honestly wish I could get sprays instead of duplicate legendaries every 2 or 3 crates.

_woLf

I honestly wish I could get sprays instead of duplicate legendaries every 2 or 3 crates.

lol, this really does not make me feel any better. and duplicate legendaries give you 200 coins, just buy the sprays you want...they're like 25 coins.

it is EXTREMELY demoralizing to me when I have been playing for a ton of time every day just so I can get one skin and I have got jack shit from it. Cool visual shit tied to holidays should not be locked behind RNG bullshit. It was dumb for Rio and it's dumb now. Making them purchasable with coins is nice but I have never seen 3000 coins so I'm fucked there too.

My luck with RNG boxes is complete shit. It is in every single game I play that has 'em. That means I have to miss out on really cool halloween skins for my favorite characters? Why would I want to even try buying any loot crates when i'm 0 for 12 so far?

adamy

Banned
Winston does more outside his ult with a nano FYI. His ult pushes people away and doesn't kill fast so it doesn't have much use where non ulting Winston has more constant damage and the shield.

If I nano a Winston and he ults, I get annoyed.

I think you're missing the whole point of combining the two. Ana's ult + Winston's ult = you can rush and clear any point/objective with extreme ease.

If you watch pro level competitive play, it's combined pretty damn often.

My goodness, you have fuckin ridiculously good luck gettin legendary drops it seems.

I get one like every 20+ boxes I open at best.

I'd still like to continue blaming you for my abysmal drop rate, if you're cool wit that.

:p

lol, this really does not make me feel any better. and duplicate legendaries give you 200 coins, just buy the sprays you want...they're like 25 coins.

it is EXTREMELY demoralizing to me when I have been playing for a ton of time every day just so I can get one skin and I have got jack shit from it. Cool visual shit tied to holidays should not be locked behind RNG bullshit. It was dumb for Rio and it's dumb now. Making them purchasable with coins is nice but I have never seen 3000 coins so I'm fucked there too.

My luck with RNG boxes is complete shit. It is in every single game I play that has 'em. That means I have to miss out on really cool halloween skins for my favorite characters? Why would I want to even try buying any loot crates when i'm 0 for 12 so far?

Dude I feel you. I'm at around 10 Halloween boxes as well, and while I did get 2 Halloween purples (an emote and Bastion's skin), in general I've been getting white white blue whites almost entirely across the board. In only one single crate I haven't gotten the maximum amount of whites, and that was just replacing one white with a blue, and of course I only get 1 Halloween item per box.
I'm honestly genuinely surprised I haven't gotten duplicates already given my luck, I was expecting them to show up 2 items in.

My goodness, you have fuckin ridiculously good luck gettin legendary drops it seems.

I'd still like to continue blaming you for my abysmal drop rate, if you're cool wit that.

I've gotten 5 unique legendaries in the past 24 hours lol

Blizzard

Banned
Ugh, I finally got to play again tongiht and figured I might beat hard mode.

The other night, it was working, but tonight BOTH TIMES I got to Mercy, everyone started bugging out. The scoreboard didn't work at all so I couldn't check people's ults, etc. Super frustrating.

I need an evil mustache or something on my avatar.

Owzers

Comp is fun but demoralizing, I was sooooo close to killing a Lucio on Hanamura point B Attack as Reaper but he escaped and it seemed like that finished off my potential doing good things.

meshwork

They have an adjustment period... and then their aim is significantly better because of a peripheral.

It's cheating :p

Now I'm actually curious...

Would people consider it cheating if I'm playing a realistic racing game and buy a sweet steering wheel for it?

Because your statement is 100% correct for those games and absolutely no one seems to consider it cheating. KB+M and racing wheels are both peripherals that offer superior control over using a controller in their respective genres, but only one of them seems to be frowned upon because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom