• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPanic

My luck with the loot boxes has turned around a bit, got Junkenstein and Junkenstein's Monster from my loot boxes now, as well as Zenyatta's epic though that one is kinda lame. Still none of the things I actually wanted though, it's been a slow grind so far, have definitely been playing way more Overwatch than I actually want to play.

LiK

Oh man, how can the brawl lag like this, I was jumping around for half of it. Managed to win it at the end when I could play again lol

Had some good games with GAFers tonight...

Had an awesome comp game as Zarya... Looks like practice is paying off on her.

Hopefully this losing streak is finito.

darklin0

Banned
I decided to play Mei because QP was being trash so might as well be trash. I am not gonna lie, when I made the enemy Mei quit when I trapped and froze her was pure bliss.

Edit: Just hit level 299, I can taste those 23 boxes, ready to be opened. :D

Squire

Banned
Junkenstein is fun as hell with friends. I'd really love to see them do 4-5 of these - as in Horde maps created/balanced around a set team of heroes. It'd be an excellent third pillar of game type and a great way to work in more of the lore, too. They could make good on the promise of Spartan Ops LOL

QP is the negative zone.

LiK

Play Competitive then? I don't know what you're expecting lol. QP is the place to goof off, if any.

Nah, not in the mood. Wanted to practice my Hanzo but it's impossible when everyone is just stacking Symms and Torbs. Usually there are some good matches in QP but I had literally 6 matches in a row where people were completely fucking around and not even trying. Haven't seen that before in a long time in QP. Must be because it's Saturday. Doesn't help that the MM is taking so long which makes it even worse.

Good news was I was playing with someone's son and he was enjoying just copying whatever hero I chose. So at least he had fun lol

Mariohead3 and PsychoWARD23 are enemies to all of OWGAF

They must both live near a crossroads.

Seriously tho, at least some people are having good luck with their drops...our times will come, eventually...right?

OT: can you do multiple quotes on mobile?
I'm not to savy when it comes to these things.

This game would be 100% better if we had a friendly ban system. You could voteban any hero your team could pick.

And then you would force people to play heroes they don't want to play, or have no idea how to play. Sounds fantastic. Absolutely no flaws detected.

zoukka

And then you would force people to play heroes they don't want to play, or have no idea how to play. Sounds fantastic. Absolutely no flaws detected.

If you can only play one hero, you have absolutely no business in competitive. Hell you don't have business going into quick match that way :D

Still nothing i want in boxes.
Atleast im close to being able to buy halloween ana but ill save coins till the last day.

The plus next to the quote. Click on which ones you want to quote then hit new reply.

If you can only play one hero, you have absolutely no business in competitive.

Imagine I know how to play 3 heroes competently, and you ban all 3.

Hell you don't have business going into quick match that way :D

Oh, so unless you're born with the skill to play several heroes, you're not allowed to play a game you bought? Interesting to know.

No you only ban 1 hero.

And then several members of the team pick the other characters I can play decently, and I'm forced to play a character I have no idea how to play. GG.
Also, wouldn't it be funny if you were playing with a recognizable streamer and banned the character they normally main? Hah, what a kneeslapper.

And yes, if you only play 3 heroes you don't even cover all classes :/

Most defense heroes are garbage. Why bother learning them?

But good to know that I'm not allowed to play a game I purchased just because I'm not good in general, or amazing at an arbitrary number of different characters or a specific class.

Your asshole elitism certainly won't help me improve as a player, and neither does shoving me into a character I don't know how to play or want to play. In fact, your behaviour (and similar behaviour of people like you) is exactly why I don't like playing competitive, and why I don't team with people in general.

I'm glad you were born being a top tier Overwatch player, though. It's all genetics, I hear, and practicing certainly has nothing to do with it.

Blues1990

My friends and I weren't making much progress in competitive today, so we switched things up & went into quick play to use characters that are not our usual go-to's. On Eichenwald, we went three Reinhardt's, one Ana, one Zenyatta, & one Tracer. The Reinhardt's (myself as one of them) had sneaked behind & charged straight through to the first point, captured it, and we all stormed the castle with little resistance.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Holy shit, three epics in one box!

6GaJ9aa.png

Epic currency, duplicate spray, duplicate epic halloween skin (the only one I have), duplicate epic Mei skin.

Great. Fantastic. Really putting that luck to use.

Don't worry about zoukka man, he has looked back and turned into a pillar of salt. :p

I can't stand people who try to dictate what other people should do for fun.

Holy shit, three epics in one box!

Epic currency, duplicate spray, duplicate epic halloween skin (the only one I have), duplicate epic Mei skin.

Great. Fantastic. Really putting that luck to use.

Consider yourself lucky, at least you already have a legendary Halloween skin and are getting a big load of coins out of this.

TrueBlue

Why is it any time I grant a request to be a healer, it is always on the shittest team?

Seriously, just got steamrolled on Hanamura QP in 2 minutes. Most of my team were killed at the start because they chose to all gather around the opposing team's entrance.

Urk.

EDIT: And again! 3 minutes on Volskaya!

Maybe I'm the problem....

Greddleok

Why is it any time I grant a request to be a healer, it is always on the shittest team?

Seriously, just got steamrolled on Hanamura QP in 2 minutes. Most of my team were killed at the start because they chose to all gsther around the opposing team's entrance.

Urk.

EDIT: And again! 3 minutes on Volskaya!

Maybe I'm the problem....

This is why I don't play healer any more. I'm bad at healing, and missing out on there person who is usually silver or gold on elims for a shitty healer isn't a good deal.

TrueBlue

This is why I don't play healer any more. I'm bad at healing, and missing out on there person who is usually silver or gold on elims for a shitty healer isn't a good deal.

I probably do need to practice my Mercy a little more.

I do feel short-changed at times though, but I know that's not uncommon.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man I have a really bad habit of chasing for the win.

It's my version of tilt, I get tunnel visioned into chasing my win so hard when I should have stopped.

I need to put a 2 loss limit with myself next time.

You have over 9000 credits and got a legendary skin already. You can buy the other 3 legendaries if you wanted to.
Out of a dozen boxes, I got 3(!) purple drops and not a single golden one. I got the maximum amount of possible whites out of all of those boxes (-1 which was replaced by a blue drop). You want to know my haul so far?
1 purple skin (Bastion), 1 emote, 2 player icons, 3 sprays, 3 victory poses, 1 voice line. All of the other drops were duplicates, non-event sprays or player icons.

How about now?

Jellie

Just did my 50th
51st
competitive game since moving to PC so thought it'd be nice to look at the progress.
evddQDL.png

UcyfmUM.png

I actually have a shot of getting to masters if this continues. How do you deal with the pressure of keeping a win streak going?
Before I was like eh I don't expect much since I'm used to PS4 so I didn't feel any pressure but now that I could get it if I continue my streak I'm sweating a bit.
Primarily use Ana, Zarya and Tracer.

zoukka

And then several members of the team pick the other characters I can play decently, and I'm forced to play a character I have no idea how to play. GG.
Also, wouldn't it be funny if you were playing with a recognizable streamer and banned the character they normally main? Hah, what a kneeslapper.

Most defense heroes are garbage. Why bother learning them?

But good to know that I'm not allowed to play a game I purchased just because I'm not good in general, or amazing at an arbitrary number of different characters or a specific class.

Your asshole elitism certainly won't help me improve as a player, and neither does shoving me into a character I don't know how to play or want to play. In fact, your behaviour (and similar behaviour of people like you) is exactly why I don't like playing competitive, and why I don't team with people in general.

I'm glad you were born being a top tier Overwatch player, though. It's all genetics, I hear, and practicing certainly has nothing to do with it.

You are taking this way too personally. I don't want to ban characters to piss someone off, I want to minimize the trolling in competitive, someone taking symmetra in payload attack -> ban that shit.

Booped an ulting Reaper into the well on Ilios and got a piece of hate mail calling me a "Captain Crunch-eating ho".

I will treasure this moment.
Captain Crunch is amazing, take it as a compliment

They must both live near a crossroads.

Seriously tho, at least some people are having good luck with their drops...our times will come, eventually...right?

Yeah man, before that I had pretty crappy luck. I hadn't had a legendary drop in like 15 levels and didn't even have a total currency of 2,000 after being level 45ish.

I'm pretty sure the skin rates get doubled during events so I'm sure you'll get lucky eventually.

fhqwhgads

Somehow managed to get POTG in a Comp match when my internet took a dump and started lagging like shit. Switched to Solider 76 as a "Well I can at least fire in their general direction and put down a healing field as my shitty internet dies" and apparently that's good enough for POTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom