• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be long.
The surprise bastion was close to working but lunatics Ana and Mei were working so well.
Akm put in dmg.
Mei Wall went up
Ana heales team
By the time the wall broke lunatics rein had alot of his health back.
Repeat.

Also i dont think a dva is worth it in this match up.

Rouge getting spawn camped so hard.
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Edit:
They finally made it.
AKMs mccree shots are too good.

Auctopus

Playing for Recon Kills as Bastion for the first half of the match to get people into a false sense of security before getting a job at the salt factory and camping behind corners in turret mode during the second half. Too much fun.

Skii

Just did my 50th
51st
competitive game since moving to PC so thought it'd be nice to look at the progress.
evddQDL.png

UcyfmUM.png

I actually have a shot of getting to masters if this continues. How do you deal with the pressure of keeping a win streak going?
Before I was like eh I don't expect much since I'm used to PS4 so I didn't feel any pressure but now that I could get it if I continue my streak I'm sweating a bit.
Primarily use Ana, Zarya and Tracer.

That's ridiculous man. You don't even have a day where you drop SR. Do you think competitive is harder on PC than consoles?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've always wondered why teams don't pull out pharah on king's row more when most teams are running king's row defenses that can't counter pharah.

Jellie

TVIQs Pharah so good.

That's ridiculous man. You don't even have a day where you drop SR. Do you think competitive is harder on PC than consoles?
Yeah my win rate is above 70% now. Since placements I went 30/11 I think so been able to climb. I'm pretty content in mid diamond since that was my goal to begin with :/
Edit: I think it's easier to get the right comp since you can chat. It's pretty even though difficulty wise since there balance is the same.

Pharah can be so damn good i dont understand why its brought out less than a surprise bastion at times. She can be more reliable aswell.

The Zenyatta 50% damage increase paired with McCree being the hitscan DPS (and pocket sniper) just completely fucked her over.
McCree still is used very often, and still very good, so she still can be picked off very easily.

The Zenyatta 50% damage increase paired with McCree being the hitscan DPS (and pocket sniper) just completely fucked her over.
McCree still is used very often, and still very good, so she still can be picked off very easily.
Wasn't Esca on McCree that match though?

Didn't seem to phase Tviq there.

True but Zen isnt picked as much any more and ana can do a good job healing from afar. She also doesnt have to babystted the way having a bastion does. Weve seen a few teams pull her out and most of the times ive seen its gone well even with a mccree/hitscan to counter

Wow. Just had a game of Illios on the Xbox. About 30 minutes played. 2-2. Constant overtimes and push backs. Really tight game. It crashes right at the end of Round 4. The game completely freezes. So I quickly reset the whole thing and hope I can make it back in time. I rejoin the match and 2 of the opposition have also left and 2 more of my team too. It must have frozen for most of us. By the time I get back in they've already got 35% on the objective. We've got no hope.

Game ends. We lose.

I get 600 XP. Just spent half an hour in a game, with a few golds to my name before the game fucks up, and I get 600 measly experience points. Utter joke.

But they do manage to take away the correct amount of points from my competitive score.

Wasn't Esca on McCree that match though?

Didn't seem to phase Tviq there.

I was talking in general, I haven't been watching the matches at all.

True but Zen isnt picked as much any more and ana can do a good job healing from afar. She also doesnt have to babystted the way having a bastion does. Weve seen a few teams pull her out and most of the times ive seen its gone well even with a mccree/hitscan to counter

Ana is another character who can pick her off, and before Zenyatta and McCree's spotlights, it was Widowmaker who kept her in check.
Basically, she still can be a really easy pick, and there's many characters who can directly counter her, especially if she doesn't have a Mercy on her ass. And in that case, the rest of your team is losing a support in the middle of it, which can be detrimental.

We can look at direct counters in these teams and matches but that doesnt gurantee anything.
Weve seen time and time again specifically with Tailspin but also with Surefour and Ultimawep who have picked Pharah while the opposing team have both Mccree and Ana still coming out on top thanks to her splash damage and maneuverability.

Well the main point is pharah cant be any more worse than bastion who seems to get picked more for the surprise factor than her.

Idk, Tviq was against a McCree and an Ana that match and still destroyed, so it seems like the counters aren't the issue here.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to play Pharah well against a team with Ana and/or McCree. Even a Torbjörn can do well in the right hands despite counterpicks.
I'm saying that the fact she has many counterpicks is why she isn't swapped to very often, because there's just as reliable DPS characters as her that don't come with these counterpicks.

Skii

This is a best of 7? That's a lot of work. Rogue are doing really well. Surprised they even won that last round because they were initially down on ults.

Rogue seem to be doing a lot better against Lunatic this time round because they aren't designing their entire strategy around the beyblade. They'll throw nanoboost on whoever has their ult ready and if no one does, then they throw it on Reaper. It makes them a lot less predictable and they'll use more ults per game as a result.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
We can look at direct counters in these teams and matches but that doesnt gurantee anything.
Weve seen time and time again specifically with Tailspin but also with Surefour and Ultimawep who have picked Pharah while the opposing team have both Mccree and Ana still coming out on top thanks to her splash damage and maneuverability.

Well the main point is pharah cant be any more worse than bastion who seems to get picked more for the surprise factor than her.

And then sometimes you see it not work, when Nevix from the eleague finals changed to mccree from mei to shutdown tailspin's pharah.

Gettin some sleep, been up for like 30+ hours.
I'll definitely check back to see who won tho.

Thanks for puttin me on to the stream Antiwhippy. If I learned nothing else, I damn sure know that my overwatch skills are frail at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom