• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue with the win. I'm thinking they are starting to be a top 5 team with what they've been doing lately.

Tviq is basically Seagulls twin. They both play the same shit and they're both godlike with them lol.

Also, Reinforce is so much taller than his team <_<

Skii

Yes Rogue! They have ridiculous mental strength. The pressure never really gets to them.

Rogue with the win. I'm thinking they are starting to be a top 5 team with what they've been doing lately.

Tviq is basically Seagulls twin. They both play the same shit and they're both godlike with them lol.

Also, Reinforce is so much taller than his team <_<

They've easily been a top 5 team since Atlanta showdown. Who's been better since then? Envyus but they've choked in big tournaments. Misfits maybe? Reunited definitely aren't. Same with NRG and Fnatic. Cloud 9 have been under-performing for ages.

Rogue have been the best team in all the major tournaments so far. They always get fairly far or win the thing outright.

Tviq is definitely one of my favourites. He's just so flexible with DPS.

Anyone wanna group up on ps4? Solo queue is not being good to me, feel free to add me: Sonovabiscuit current SR is 2800 but I feel like I outplay that fairly easily. Mains this season are Pharah, Reinhardt and zen.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
The closer I get to 2800 the worse my teams seem to get and then I fall back down to 2600ish and matches are 100% more interesting.

same when I hit closer to diamond I feel like my random team mates shit the bed and dont do as well when around 2500-2600

The closer I get to 2800 the worse my teams seem to get and then I fall back down to 2600ish and matches are 100% more interesting.

There is truth in this statement, I enjoy my games a lot more around 2600.
Less feeling of rather inexplicable pressure (but hey no pressure no diamonds as the saying goes), oddly more competent teams.

Anyone wanna group up on ps4? Solo queue is not being good to me, feel free to add me: Sonovabiscuit current SR is 2800 but I feel like I outplay that fairly easily. Mains this season are Pharah, Reinhardt and zen.

I should be on a little later. The losing streak is going around like the flu for the past 2 weeks or so.

In other news, it seems like I'm starting to become a Reaper main this season. I'm this close to changing my PSN name to xXx_Fuq_Lifes_Not_Fair_xXx. I haven't had any time with Tracer and I feel like I've fallen off a cliff with her.

D.Va is my security blanket but I love me some Winston. I'm starting to get a pretty good W/L ratio with him.

darklin0

Banned
They did not go out of their way to whisper/pm me but this will be the closest I get to one of those hate messages. lol

maEyfad.png

Danj

What is it with people and stars? My team just lost a match and the opponents were all like "oh noobs with stars" "hah you got that many stars and you still got rekt" etcetera. Why do these people think it means anything?

Owzers

What is it with people and stars? My team just lost a match and the opponents were all like "oh noobs with stars" "hah you got that many stars and you still got rekt" etcetera. Why do these people think it means anything?
People expect those who've been playing long enough to know the proper turret places when going attack Torb.

It definitely does not equate to skill in any way, but the flip side is that, given the hours required to hit high stars, common things like counters, team composition and map-situational picks can be reasonably expected of someone at that game time level.

Mechanics are a different story and should not in any way be associated with stars and star level.

Skii

The thought of silver players calling each other noobs is absolutely hilarious.

My favorite players are the ones that get pissy with the team despite the team doing great and them being kind of bad. And they just get nastier and nastier the longer the game and then we end up losing probably because he was shitting on everyone the whole game even though we did great.

messiaen

I feel like the only way I'm ranking up is if I group up with at least four people.

Keep getting people with no sense of good composition or disconnects.

Owzers

I feel like the only way I'm ranking up is if I group up with at least four people.

Keep getting people with no sense of good composition or disconnects.
Too large of a group, face better six stacks.

Too small, get randoms who have no idea what they are doing, hope the other team is the one with an attack Torb.

messiaen

What's wrong with a Genji and a Soldier on defense? Better than a Torb and Widow.

We only had one tank. I was Mei and the other two were support. I said at least one should switch to tank because Mei is better than either of them, especially on defense.

That and Genji and Soldiers in gold on defense don't ever hold, they almost always overextend and die as soon as the go beyond the choke point.

Fancolors

I think I'm gonna be taking a break from Overwatch. I'm at a point where I know my mistakes but at the same can't get things right, but still get incredibly frustrated at a number.

Guess it's Paladins until then >_>

We only had one tank. I was Mei and the other two were support. I said at least one should switch to tank because Mei is better than either of them, especially on defense.

That and Genji and Soldiers in gold on defense don't ever hold, they almost always overextend and die as soon as the go beyond the choke point.
The question is did you switch to tank when they didn't? Because if you didn't, then you shouldn't be asking others to. Besides, 3/1/2 is honestly not going to be that much worse than 2/2/2 in Gold I would imagine because it's gold. 3 DPS work just fine. Especially if your one tank was Reinhardt. He's the only true solo tank.

Just be happy you had two healers in the first place.

Fuck this goddamn game. Three straight comp losses with some of the most dumbass and incompetent teammates I've ever seen. In the last comp loss, I was on the point in a Meicicle and the game decided they should cap it anyway. And then game gave me a third copy of the Soldier Halloween skin. It's like the game wants me to stop playing.

I literally cannot figure out how to improve enough to climb up. I know all the talking points. I know that if I'm better than my rank I'll slowly climb. I know that I shouldn't care about the goddamn number next to me. But right now? I'm fucking pissed.

messiaen

The question is did you switch to tank when they didn't? Because if you didn't, then you shouldn't be asking others to. Besides, 3/1/2 is honestly not going to be that much worse than 2/2/2 in Gold I would imagine because it's gold. 3 DPS work just fine. Especially if your one tank was Reinhardt. He's the only true solo tank.

Just be happy you had two healers in the first place.

I had 3 gold medals, I was pulling my weight more than the DPS players? If I don't have gold medals sure, I'll switch, but if you're the best on the team, why should you switch? Me and Rien were the only ones holding them back. Not at all, when my team goes 2/2/2 we rarely lose, 3/1/2 is really unstable, especially if the other team is 2/2/2 in gold.

I had 3 gold medals, I was pulling my weight more than the DPS players? If I don't have gold medals sure, I'll switch, but if you're the best on the team, why should you switch? Me and Rien were the only ones holding them back. Not at all, when my team goes 2/2/2 we rarely lose, 3/1/2 is really unstable, especially if the other team is 2/2/2.
Well if you never lose with 2/2/2, then I guess you would've had a better chance at winning if you switched to tank, hm? If you have a Rein, 3/1/2 is fine and I've seen it work many times. I've even seen it work in pro games.

Also, you can't just assume that they're going to be bad DPS at the beginning because you've run into bad ones before.

Also, medals mean nothing,. Just because you had a gold in, say, elims with 32, does that mean your teammate who got a silver with 31 is all of a sudden not pulling any weight?

xaosslug

i go on 6-7 game winning streaks and then 3-4 losses will wipe out all the progress. I went on a 3 game bender, yesterday (every loss was soooooooooooooooooo_cloooooooooooooooose!) and today I just lost 2 in a row, both games w/ potential but the teams just couldn't hold it together. T__T

pretty sure soloQ is trying to break me.

TgGC6Ih.gif

i won't let it, tho.

I apologize to any GAF people who join when I'm playing with my friend - she has a bit of social anxiety and doesn't like playing with people she doesn't know. Sorry!

komaruR

Well if you never lose with 2/2/2, then I guess you would've had a better chance at winning if you switched to tank, hm? If you have a Rein, 3/1/2 is fine and I've seen it work many times. I've even seen it work in pro games.

Also, you can't just assume that they're going to be bad DPS at the beginning because you've run into bad ones before.

Also, medals mean nothing,. Just because you had a gold in, say, elims with 32, does that mean your teammate who got a silver with 31 is all of a sudden not pulling any weight?

yea i dont really like the gold medal arguement. the only time i think its fair to say it is when you get gold for 4 elim. if its more than 15+ it just means you hurt them once or more and it died by something.

messiaen

How does it make more sense to have a defensive/holding player who's carrying the team switch to another holder player over a DPS that are doing bad? You're playing devil's advocate too much here, mate. :p

When Zen is pulling silver in Eliminatations, yes, I think the offensive players aren't doing their role well.

Danj

Was 2300 and have dropped down to 1990 I'm in the pit.

You don't even know what the pit is son. I started at 2100 and dropped to like 1200-1300. I'm back in the 1400s now but the best I can hope for is to make 1500 before end of season.

Medals need to be looked at in context and not just by having them.

If you're a Dva with gold elims, it's quite possible you are just spraying in the general direction of the enemy and just tagging them all before they get killed.

If you're a Junkrat with gold damage, then thats not surprising. You should be gold damage. Your whole purpose is throwing raw damage around.

If you're a McCree with gold elims...then you're doing a lot of work.

If you're a Dva with gold damage, then you're right in the middle of the fray.

If you're a Mercy with gold damage and massive gold healing...there's not much to say here. You also probably lost this match unless everyone went Mercy.

These are different instances of gold medals. Some of them are good, some are expected. Getting gold can just mean you're doing your job...or carrying the team. Depends on the context of whats happening.

xaosslug

Was 2300 and have dropped down to 1990 I'm in the pit.
You don't even know what the pit is son. I started at 2100 and dropped to like 1200-1300. I'm back in the 1400s now but the best I can hope for is to make 1500 before end of season.

lowest I fell was 2196, and the climb back was... interesting! >_>

may I ask, who y'all play? On my journey back from 2196 Bastion was literally in every match. Y'all should practice your tracking/recon Bastion skillz and consider using him to climb up into platinum lvl.

How does it make more sense to have a defensive/holding player who's carrying the team switch to another holder player over a DPS that are doing bad? You're playing devil's advocate too much here, mate. :p

When Zen is pulling silver in Eliminatations, yes, I think the offensive players aren't doing their role well.
Well if a second tank was so important, you should've switched if you thought the comp needed it. It doesn't matter who's doing what. And you asked them to switch at the beginning of the match right? How do you know they're bad? Actually, I think you already answered this when you said "carrying the team" -__-

Also, how is Zen having silver bad? He's a fantastic damage dealer. He really should be getting high amounts of elims.

It sounds like you lost faith in your team before the match started and that means you were the issue, not your team.

Elims is a terrible thing to base your team on IMO, because you could have gotten all of those by doing 5 damage to everyone.

Jellie

Fuck this goddamn game. Three straight comp losses with some of the most dumbass and incompetent teammates I've ever seen. In the last comp loss, I was on the point in a Meicicle and the game decided they should cap it anyway. And then game gave me a third copy of the Soldier Halloween skin. It's like the game wants me to stop playing.

I literally cannot figure out how to improve enough to climb up. I know all the talking points. I know that if I'm better than my rank I'll slowly climb. I know that I shouldn't care about the goddamn number next to me. But right now? I'm fucking pissed.
Record your gameplay post it here. It's easier for others to spot what's going wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom