• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Hanzo, a Junkrat switched to Hanzo on Kings Row defense. Lets see how he does

And he stays on Hanzo despite us getting our shit pushed in and a Genji lighting us up, forcing me to drop my Reaper to try to Winston counter. THEN HE FUCKING PICKS HIM AGAIN ON OFFENSE AND MAKES SOMEONE RAGE QUIT.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But would they actually be good with the other character though?

I mean that's the thing I'm trying to consider more nowadays, like if they only really play hanzo and is only good at him, might as let him play what he's best at and I can flex over to something else. The skills needed for a reaper or a healer isn't necessarily one picked up by a hanzo main. Of course I'd much rather play with people who are more flexible in their picks but you gotta work with who you're paired with.

Like last night I was really thirsting to play some pharah, but the last picker picked hanzo. Checked his profile, and he's mostly hanzo. Sighed, and changed to zen, which I don't mind.

He turned out pretty incredible.

Everyone is gonna have a shitty day out with their picks sooner or later, especially with a character as inconsistent as hanzo, but I'd rather them play at their best than try to fit themselves into roles they don't really know how to play. The amount of begrudging reinhardts I have that clearly have no idea what his role is just reaffirms that to me.

LiK

but it's exclusive and says 'BLIZZCON' across his chest...! >_> T_T

real talk, I don't even play Bastion and I'm tempted! >_<

Are there anything else OW related in the gift bag? Not sure I'll pay that much for stuff for other games. And yea, the skin isnt even that special. The Halloween one is my fave Bastion skin so far.

But would they actually be good with the other character though?

I mean that's the thing I'm trying to consider more nowadays, like if they only really play hanzo and is only good at him, might as let him play what he's best at and I can flex over to something else. The skills needed for a reaper or a healer isn't necessarily one picked up by a hanzo main. Of course I'd much rather play with people who are more flexible in their picks but you gotta work with who you're paired with.

Like last night I was really thirsting to play some pharah, but the last picker picked hanzo. Checked his profile, and he's mostly hanzo. Sighed, and changed to zen, which I don't mind.

He turned out pretty incredible.

Everyone is gonna have a shitty day out with their picks sooner or later, especially with a character as inconsistent as hanzo, but I'd rather them play at their best than try to fit themselves into roles they don't really know how to play. The amount of begrudging reinhardts I have that clearly have no idea what his role is just reaffirms that to me.

Seems like Hanzo players are having shitty days the majority of the time then. I have gotten to the point where I just block them in the hopes of never getting matched with them again.

If you can't play any other character than Hanzo in Diamond+ league, you need to stop fucking wasting your teammates time and go back to quick play. Theres no reason someone ranked this high should not be able to atleast play 1 hero from each class well

Theres a big difference between someone who goes Hanzo, does badly on the first few pushes, then swaps out. To a player who just stays Hanzo the whole damn match while we are getting obliterated. Someone who is actually doing well on a character shouldn't have to flex out because someone is not only doing badly, but is actively sabotaging the team.

Redmoon

Decided to do one more comp game. Went well with a win.

Had we went to the 5th koth round, I'd have broken all my previous records with Reaper in one game.
Thp1nhG.jpg
Just needed 10 more elims :<

I'm confused, this is an old (Like almost 2 months old) thread talking about the countdown on the Blizzard forums ending and the countdown on amomentincrime.com starting.
;__;

I didn't look at the date, I just saw it on the front page and assumed it was new lol. My bad.

I told you guys these forums were making me go crazy.

xaosslug

Are there anything else OW related in the gift bag? Not sure I'll pay that much for stuff for other games. And yea, the skin isnt even that special. The Halloween one is my fave Bastion skin so far.

yea, I think that's it. But if you buy a virtual ticket you can also buy the goody bag for $36, which comes w/ an inflatable Rein hammer (sadly, not to scale) and a Blizzcon stein! LOL

my fave Bastion skins are Steamboat and Woodbot, but of the Bastion recolours I like the clean blue + steel combo of the Blizzcon skin best.

Antiwhippy

Seems like Hanzo players are having shitty days the majority of the time then. I have gotten to the point where I just block them in the hopes of never getting matched with them again.

If you can't play any other character than Hanzo in Diamond+ league, you need to stop fucking wasting your teammates time and go back to quick play. Theres no reason someone ranked this high should not be able to atleast play 1 hero from each class well

Theres a big difference between someone who goes Hanzo, does badly on the first few pushes, then swaps out. To a player who just stays Hanzo the whole damn match while we are getting obliterated. Someone who is actually doing well on a character shouldn't have to flex out because someone is not only doing badly, but is actively sabotaging the team.

But what difference is that to a mccree who's playing like shit but refuses to switch off?

I dunno man, at this point I think it might be a perception thing, because I used to think like you do about hanzo. Took a chance to sit back and observe, and now I personally find that there's an equal chance of having a shit player of any character, not just hanzo. Personally anyway, maybe you're having a really unlucky streak with hanzo players.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
no damage to the door achievement is so hard...

It's easier than beating it on Hard. I got the no damage achievement with a bunch of randos. We decided to group afterwards and try the brawl on hard and got crushed about halfway through when Junkenstein spawns.

But what difference is that to a mccree who's playing like shit but refuses to switch off?

I dunno man, at this point I think it might be a perception thing, because I used to think like you do about hanzo. Took a chance to sit back and observe, and now I personally find that there's an equal chance of having a shit player of any character, not just hanzo. Personally anyway, maybe you're having a really unlucky streak with hanzo players.

Because atleast basically every other characters has tools that can make them atleast semi viable in the hands of a bad player. A bad McCree can still flashbang and get kills. A bad Hanzo just sits back spamming arrows at shields and missing their ults, or not pushing the payload/extending overtimes. I'd rather have a Rein who just stands around shielding objectives or a Junkrat who spams grenades than 90% of these Hanzo's I am encountering.

I really do try to be open minded about not judging people based off their characters. But Hanzo is literally the only character I have this problem with on a consistent basis.

Need 7 more trophies till the Platinum.

Anyone have tips on how to get the wall riding Lucio and Zenyatta quad kill one? Going to probably be my last ones to get.

For Lucio wall ride, the best way is environmental kills. If you boop them off a ledge, you only have to be wall riding when they actually die. So you can quickly push someone then jump to a wall. Thats how I got it on one of the Capture maps.

Zen is a lot harder. I got mine from a lucky streak of kills after a Reinhardt ult.

Need 7 more trophies till the Platinum.

Anyone have tips on how to get the wall riding Lucio and Zenyatta quad kill one? Going to probably be my last ones to get.
For Lucio, one trick is to knock someone off the map, then ride a wall after and once he falls to his death and gives you an elim, it will count towards it because you technically got the elim while you were wall riding.

For Lucio wall ride, the best way is environmental kills. If you boop them off a ledge, you only have to be wall riding when they actually die. So you can quickly push someone then jump to a wall. Thats how I got it on one of the Capture maps.

Zen is a lot harder. I got mine from a lucky streak of kills after a Reinhardt ult.

For Lucio, one trick is to knock someone off the map, then ride a wall after and once he falls to his death and gives you an elim, it will count towards it because you technically got the elim while you were wall riding.
What is the easiest map for that? Ilios?

Fancolors

What is the easiest map for that? Ilios?

Ilios, yeah.

I also saw that happen on Volskaya on the attackers spawn. It was a duo queue Mei and Lúcio.

Mei walled the main exit, so their team went for the left exit. Lúcio was camping there and when they exited he immediately booped and got four kills.

Lighthouse on Illios or Garden on Lijiang. Camp behind doors or walls where enemies flock out from.

Sanctum in Nepal as well, though its a bit harder to get to a wall quickly there. I got mine on Garden in Lijang, just lucked out and got a double push then hopped on the wall

Antiwhippy

That's a weirdly specific one.

I actually did have a dream where I was doing really badly in a rank match, and then had a moment of lucidity where I realised that it's a dream, and then thought to myself "oh whatever, this won't affect my SR".

Like, I'm legit just watching football and heard her punch twice behind me. I'm scared.

I actually did have a dream where I was doing really badly in a rank match, and then had a moment of lucidity where I realised that it's a dream, and then thought to myself "oh whatever, this won't affect my SR".
LMAO that ending haha.

That isn't where I thought that would go.

Owzers

Another comp game where we have a good defense stopping them before the first point then we can't make it there ourselves. So frustrating. They had a zarya/mei/bastion/mercy/junkrat/someone defense on Route 66.

I should have went Torb.

Kiro

So many fun games this weekend. Damn this game is amazing.

But I swear to god I deserve this rapid discord trophy 10 times over. I refuse to play any other hero until I get it, good thing I got the badass Skullyatta skin today.

komaruR

Another comp game where we have a good defense stopping them before the first point then we can't make it there ourselves. So frustrating. They had a zarya/mei/bastion/mercy/junkrat/someone defense on Route 66.

I should have went Torb.
Its that pocket heal bastion threat. Need a zen discord and genji reflect and also pharah to add more dmg so that their mercy cant heal fast enough. Just genji alone could be tough since its getting healed.
Eitherway its quite tough to coodinate if not in sync.

Of course if you can back/flank them, then there might be an surprise opportunity.

That feel when you defend so hard as Reinhardt you get 3 friend requests from randoms. Also got quite possibly the best charge kill ever. I hope I got a gif of it, I nearly made us lose the point from laughing so hard

This whole event time I didn't touch comp and spent time in QP playing chars I usually don't touch.

Rein is becoming a new main pick. Same with zen. Tracer and genji are also becoming viable options for me.

At least this means of the tanks I dont touch Winston and of support its sym

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Holy hell. Jumped back in tonight for the first time in a month. Rage quit after my fifth game.

ZARYA ... ZARYA everywhere.

Every single game had at least two of them on the enemy team, and granted, one on mine.

But it was ridiculous. Especially with alternating ults. Pharah team wiped us off Zarya's ult four times.

Granted, I'm super rusty and wasn't playing well. I'm happy to lose after coming back. But man, wasn't expecting that.

Holy hell. Jumped back in tonight for the first time in a month. Rage quit after my fifth game.

ZARYA ... ZARYA everywhere.

Every single game had at least two of them on the enemy team, and granted, one on mine.

But it was ridiculous. Especially with alternating ults. Pharah team wiped us off Zarya's ult four times.

Granted, I'm super rusty and wasn't playing well. I'm happy to lose after coming back. But man, wasn't expecting that.

Zarya is a major part of the current meta. Expect to see more

Owzers

Zarya/Mei defense combos are killing me.

secondary things that kill me: my team's bastion setting up right outside the spawn on our defense. Yes, you died within 30 seconds, if only every team member spammed "group up" over and over as some type of warning.

Antiwhippy

Zarya has been a major part of every meta.

Well, except for the start, but when pro teams started using her after the DVa buff to counter DVa they realised how good she was just all-around.

Swear thanks to that stupid Reddit post Roadhogs are even scarier than before. Not even getting a chance to Wraith or do anything when I get hooked now before I die.

ohkay

Goddammit, just lost a game because some baby left after we couldn't cap point B of hanamura on attack, and then we proceeded to hold point A into overtime in a 5v6. If he didn't leave we probably would've won

Goddammit, just lost a game because some baby left after we couldn't cap point B of hanamura on attack, and then we proceeded to hold point A into overtime in a 5v6. If he didn't leave we probably would've won

Love when that shit happens. Shows had bad that player really was when you still manage to hold your own in a 5v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom