• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love showing people the terror that is known as Harambe. Team was having trouble with a Hanzo and Mercy, I swapped off and just chased them to the ends of the earth over and over.

Man, the thing that actually stood out to me was the reaper barely hittng you when he came in shooting.

That's diamond?

Oh yeah I remember that, I thought for sure I was screwed and then he just dashed back out.

Like I said, theres some really bad players in this rank too lol

JoeNut

seem to be getting really good with Zenyatta, he's surprisingly powerful and quick firing, and his heal can be great if you use it properly.

Tried using Mei yesterday and i just cannot get used to using the wall, it feels so weird and unlike anything else in the game

Are the RNG gods fucking with me.
Boxes so far
4 legendaries.
3 skins idg an f about
1 500 currency

Its like i cant complain but i just wanted 2 epics and 1 legendary >.>

Shit like this is why my score tanked today, dude trolled us 2 games straight on purpose

https://youtu.be/MkIJFNqttC4

https://youtu.be/wcLWS41aZIQ

Totally going to report him to Blizzard as well

What a total disgrace of a human being, that guy is disgusting. Hearing something like this during a game would totally ruin my mood to play that match, that's why I have voice chat turned off and also changed my PSN messages settings to only allow friends to send me something.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Haha, NV dropping a map to conbox.

Liz clutched the hell out of that one on tracer. NV punished for fucking around too much on attack. Coco on lucio, harryhook on tracer and taimou on widow was just a bit too arrogant.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
It's funny. I got the hang of Reinhardt, Zarya, Roadhog, & (to a lesser extent) D.Va, but Winston is a complete mystery to me. He's not as constantly durable as the others, and more often than not, I die a very horrible, short, death whenever I do play as him.

Surviving as Winston is all about positioning and effectively managing his staggered cooldowns. Always try to estimate how much damage you're jumping into and make sure that your bubble will last the 6 seconds it takes to refresh your cooldown and jump out. The bubble only has 600 health, so it's going to get focused through immediately if you dive straight into the center of the enemy when no one else on your team has engaged. Instead, try to jump in on backline healers, elevated range characters (Soldier, McCree, Hanzo), and any lone players who are trickling in from spawn.

When your bubble does start going down and you jump out, keep in mind that your jump will refresh long before your bubble does. It can be tempting to jump right back in after six seconds, but that leaves the enemy team with 7+ seconds to shoot at your enormous hitbox for free and you'll probably just die. Use that jump to go find a healthpack instead and then push in when your bubble's back.

Lastly, avoid Reaper and Roadhog like the plague and only push in on Zenyatta if you're confident you can approach and place your bubble before he discords you.

Prelude.

Seems like everyone is having shit matches tonight.

Also I'm sorry but I'm 100% on the Hanzo hate bandwagon. Like 90% of the time there is a more useful hero for the team comp, but some idiot decides to stay Hanzo when we desperately need a Reaper or Roadhog or a Healer and fucks up the entire composition.

For every truly good Hanzo I see, there are about 10+ who needed to have picked someone else. And it feels like the Hanzo's are always the one who refuse to swap despite getting begged to, its like most of them are trying to prove they are actually good Hanzos, but just end up falling back into the shitty Hanzo group.
Switch Hanzo with Junkrat and that's every game I play, the only difference is that Hanzo can be good. I can't escape from the useless Junkrat, even on attack.

If they'd remove the ingame medals I wouldn't have to deal with this bullshit.

I started using Symmetra way more just because I got her Halloween costume and ended up basically dominating on Gibraltar with her turrets. Other team could barely get to the payload.

NeoRaider

Just got Junkenstein skin for the 2nd time! :( And i am still missing Mercy and Roadhog.

RIP.

Edit: Oh and 200 coins for 3000 duplicate??

RIP 2.0.

caesar

Banned
Whenever I get a team who doesn't talk, we lose. I don't understand why they wont communicate. Seems to happen a lot even around 3000. Even something simple like syncing graviton and pulse bomb. Infuriating.

Whenever I get a team who doesn't talk, we lose. I don't understand why they wont communicate. Seems to happen a lot even around 3000. Even something simple like syncing graviton and pulse bomb. Infuriating.

I'm stuck at 2500 and I don't hear anyone on a mic. XBO.

That's probably a blessing though, right? Right?

My McCree play is gettin really good.

What would you guys consider a good accuracy % for him on console. Right now I'm at 40%.

I know my crit accuracy is bad, it was 3% lulz...but in the last few games I've brought it up to 6%.

Anybody really good with him on console that could share some tips?

LiK

yea, I think that's it. But if you buy a virtual ticket you can also buy the goody bag for $36, which comes w/ an inflatable Rein hammer (sadly, not to scale) and a Blizzcon stein! LOL

my fave Bastion skins are Steamboat and Woodbot, but of the Bastion recolours I like the clean blue + steel combo of the Blizzcon skin best.

man, that's lame. not worth it. the completionist in me wants it but it's Bastion whom I'll rarely play once I get his quad kill trophy.

HiiiLife

They should remove party chats from ranked. The only time I've seen this happen was back in the S&D days in CoD4 preventing you from talking in a party.

Just got in an argument with a level 500 who thinks playing Symmetra and Mei is more useful than healing for the team because he made me swap from Reinhardt.

So in response to losing the argument he leaves the team chat and just sits at the spawn door with Symmetra lol.

I wonder what ancient diety I have pissed off to make ranked such a hellhole

LiK

Just got in an argument with a level 500 who thinks playing Symmetra and Mei is more useful than healing for the team because he made me swap from Reinhardt.

So in response to losing the argument he leaves the team chat and just sits at the spawn door with Symmetra lol.

I wonder what ancient diety I have pissed off to make ranked such a hellhole

Are you only doing solo? Seems like it's not worth it.

Are the RNG gods fucking with me.
Boxes so far
4 legendaries.
3 skins idg an f about
1 500 currency

Its like i cant complain but i just wanted 2 epics and 1 legendary >.>

Yesterday I saw a box pop with an epic and a legendary in it.

It was my third copy of the Soldier Thriller skin, and McCree's gambler. I'm the world's worst McCree.

antitrop

seem to be getting really good with Zenyatta, he's surprisingly powerful and quick firing, and his heal can be great if you use it properly.

Tried using Mei yesterday and i just cannot get used to using the wall, it feels so weird and unlike anything else in the game
I figured out how to wall by watching Seagull.

Also Zen is a beast yeah. I can't count how many times I've been dived on, them thinking I was a free kill, only to 1v1 them handily.
I think a lot of people are still used to when Zen had 150HP, but he's a real threat with the 50HP buff.

That timer started the first week of the semester, and Fall Break/midterms just ended, god damn. Without a single thing released in between. Remember the internet trying to solve all those clues? Seems like so long ago. Truly an all time awful ARG.

TrueBlue

The ARG was great until they started the second countdown. Then it went to shit.

I'm still hyped for Sombra though, no matter what.

The idea is really cool, and would fit with the supposed hacker theme.

It was just really badly paced. If they had started it all like a couple of weeks ago it would have been perfect.

Blues1990

The idea is really cool, and would fit with the supposed hacker theme.

It was just really badly paced. If they had started it all like a couple of weeks ago it would have been perfect.

Hopefully, they won't pull off another ARG for the next hero, and will instead just do a similar reveal to that of Ana.

My score today has been a rollercoaster. Started at 3500, got to 3650, fell to 3400, and now I'm back at 3530

That sounds like my time in competitive - just 1000 points lower. :(

About how much do you win/lose in SR per match? I just can't get a feel for how my own individual performance influences how much rating I go up or down. Like last night I had what I felt was an awesome match as Zarya, and yet I only went up 18 SR which seemed low, especially since I was on a winning streak and playing a match where the average SR was even.

That timer started the first week of the semester, and Fall Break/midterms just ended, god damn. Without a single thing released in between. Remember the internet trying to solve all those clues? Seems like so long ago. Truly an all time awful ARG.

Blizzard was too busy coming up with an awesome Halloween event to prepare a decent ARG. The entire thing reeks of "well the character was sort of leaked and everyone is hyped about her so we should probably do something, I guess."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
GGs to blues, though I kinda flatlined at the end there. Sometimes I shouldn't play so late haha.

Still, I know I'm having a good game when I can constantly snipe down pharahs as mei.

I need to concentrate more when I'm playing zen though, I really shouldn't let tracers and genjis shut me down this easily.

LiK

I had some fun as Zen last night. Totally turned the tide when I began melting Roadhog and Zarya. The new aiming controls work better for me with him as well. Gonna play him some more in QP. Might as well try for the Discord trophy while I'm at it.

TrueBlue

Hopefully, they won't pull off another ARG for the next hero, and will instead just do a similar reveal to that of Ana.

I don't think they will, if only due to how this one has been received.

I'm all in for thematic teasing/build-up for a reveal however. It's all about how they pace it. Plus it's nice to get the community involved.

I think it's safe to call the Sombra ARG a failure, in terms of overall reception. Anything they do in the future will probably be closer to Ana's reveal.

Sometimes this thread makes me feel bad for not using team chat in competitive, but then I think of the toxicity I likely avoid and I feel better about it.

All I need are just a few extra bits of dialogue in the wheel on console, like a "we're getting flanked!" message for all the times I can see the gosh darn Reaper coming but no one else does.

I'd carry you all on my back if i were strong enough

Alas no one can actually carry in Overwatch, you just put the team on your back, walk a step and then crumple under the weight.

Blues1990

GGs to blues, though I kinda flatlined at the end there. Sometimes I shouldn't play so late haha.

Still, I know I'm having a good game when I can constantly snipe down pharahs as mei.

I need to concentrate more when I'm playing zen though, I really shouldn't let tracers and genjis shut me down this easily.

Likewise, Whippy. It was a very solid session, even if the last couple of games went up in smoke.

I don't think they will, if only due to how this one has been received.

I'm all in for thematic teasing/build-up for a reveal however. It's all about how they pace it. Plus it's nice to get the community involved.

I'm completely fine if they get the community involved in some fashion. But I just want something simple and to the point, you know?

LiK

Sometimes this thread makes me feel bad for not using team chat in competitive, but then I think of the toxicity I likely avoid and I feel better about it.

All I need are just a few extra bits of dialogue in the wheel on console, like a "we're getting flanked!" message for all the times I can see the gosh darn Reaper coming but no one else does.

Alas no one can actually carry in Overwatch, you just put the team on your back, walk a step and then crumple under the weight.

All I want is the "We need to push!" message. Sick of some players just standing around and not pushing into a point.

I dont know why PC has the option of doing that but consoles dont.
when you look at the point and do group or something it says lets attack the objective.

when you look at the point and do group or something it says lets attack the objective.

Especially when consoles is where that sort of thing is needed most, as there is no chat box to fall back on. We also don't have the "I Need Healing" change that becomes like a "Group Here" or however that works.

NeoRaider

Glad people no longer complain about Zarya and wanting to nerf her.

She is my biggest enemy when i am D.VA. Alone against her i can't do anything. She is basically melting me with her gun and only thing i can do is escape from her and ask for healing. Lmao

So yeah... nerf her! :D

LiK

Console is second-class citizen. So many things were missing until the console community let them know. Like when the Request Invite to Group message to the receiver didn't have an option for them to accept since it was a PC UI. Glad that was patched out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom