• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Eichenwald and insta-locked Reinhardt, 3 man premade starts bitching at me for insta locking roles and doesn't pick healer and go Zarya+Roadhog+Genji. Have to swap to Zenyatta leaving us without Rein's shield at the chokepoint. Proceed to listen to them bitching about people getting picked off and lack of DPS the rest of the match.

I seriously don't understand some players logic.

Blues1990

Had Eichenwald and insta-locked Reinhardt, 3 man premade starts bitching at me for insta locking roles and doesn't pick healer and go Zarya+Roadhog+Genji. Have to swap to Zenyatta leaving us without Rein's shield at the chokepoint. Proceed to listen to them bitching about people getting picked off and lack of DPS the rest of the match.

That is actually the biggest problem I have with the attack side on Eichenwald. It's almost a requirement to have a Reinhardt for the first choke point, or else you'll be bombarded with gunfire.

Owzers

I didn't accept mario's invite and I lost rank. Let this be a lesson to the rest of you.

Also, please, someone, kills this pharah. Please? Nope.

That is actually the biggest problem I have with the attack side on Eichenwald. It's almost a requirement to have a Reinhardt for the first choke point, or else you'll be bombarded with gunfire.

Defense too. Hell basically every map with a super tight chokepoint needs a Reinhardt, it makes life so much easier especially if the other team doesnt have one. Yet I see people trying to hold with Winston/D.Va/Roadhog/Zarya.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Defense too. Hell basically every map with a super tight chokepoint needs a Reinhardt, it makes life so much easier especially if the other team doesnt have one. Yet I see people trying to hold with Winston/D.Va/Roadhog/Zarya.

Winston + zarya can kinda work if you have a super divey comp aka tracer + genji + speedboost.

MartyStu

So every map except KotH.

Rein really needs a nerf. Like, really bad. He may not be 'overpowered', but he defines most encounters.

Winston + zarya can kinda work if you have a super divey comp aka tracer + genji + speedboost.

On Offense, definitely yeah. I love running Winston when the team is competent and picking off healers.

But on Defense I can't really think of too many places where WInston would be super useful compared to the other tanks except in big open areas (Like the last point of Dorado)

Greddleok

I play tanks, but man, I just cannot get the hang of Reinhardt. I feel so useless, if I push forward slowly with my shield up, my team doesn't follow. If I stand still to give them some time to do damage, my shield cracks.

Oh and I can't kill anyone or anything.

The amount of people in low Master/high Diamond who can't pay attention to their team is ridiculous. When you are running DPS and allowing the other team the push into your Reinhardt, you shouldn't be at this rank. When you are playing Zen or Ana and decide to go full DPS, you shouldn't be here. I don't understand when I get games on Defense-sided maps that we just get ran over on the first point instantly, but no one is dying.

Besides my usual salt, games have been going pretty good today. I don't think I've missed an important sleep dart once today and my healing has been pretty consistent. Still have issues with positioning when playing Ana, but I think I'm getting it. Eichenwald is still the bane of my existence.

Blizzard

Banned
First gold drop of the event! ...it's 500 coins, and I'm nowhere close to 3000 coins.

Second gold drop of the event! ...it's a non-event Hanzo skin. WHY CRUEL WORLD

Wow, Lijang tower just totally crashed our whole match, thought it was just me then I saw everyone in the match rushing to rejoin.

They really need to take this map out of rotation if thats an actual thing that can happen in ranked......

ISOM

First gold drop of the event! ...it's 500 coins, and I'm nowhere close to 3000 coins.

I got a gold drop 500 coins yesterday. Mind you I haven't gotten a 500 coin gold drop in weeks. Blizz is fucking with us. I'm convinced.

Blues1990

I play tanks, but man, I just cannot get the hang of Reinhardt. I feel so useless, if I push forward slowly with my shield up, my team doesn't follow. If I stand still to give them some time to do damage, my shield cracks.

Oh and I can't kill anyone or anything.

It's funny. I got the hang of Reinhardt, Zarya, Roadhog, & (to a lesser extent) D.Va, but Winston is a complete mystery to me. He's not as constantly durable as the others, and more often than not, I die a very horrible, short, death whenever I do play as him.

Mutombo

I LOVE players instal-locking Reinhardts and Lucios. Fuck those naysayers. And I can't fathom groups of players not talking about team composition. But so many times they won't pick a healer neither.

Too many matches with the last two places having to decide between a tank and a healer, because everybody else is DPS+junkrat+mei.

I dropped from 2400 to 2100 again. Matches are better around 2400, compositions tend to be better at least. In the lower 2000's I have matches where I get gold medals as Lucio. Not that I eliminate everything. But still.

It's funny. I got the hang of Reinhardt, Zarya, Roadhog, & (to a lesser extent) D.Va, but Winston is a complete mystery to me. He's not as constantly durable as the others, and more often than not, I die a very horrible, short, death whenever I do play as him.

With Winston I basically either wait for the group to engage and just lunge for the healers, do some damage, then leap out. Or I'll get to a spot and hide behind/above the enemy and leap down and start the engagement myself

My favorite 2 Winston spots are probably the 2nd point on Gibraltar, and the last point on Dorado. They are huge and wide open, lots of places to leap to, and its insanely easy to pick off a healer or squishy then just leap back out. Just won a Dorado match now because they had a solo healer as Lucio and I kept picking him and their Hanzo.

Wow, Lijang tower just totally crashed our whole match, thought it was just me then I saw everyone in the match rushing to rejoin.

They really need to take this map out of rotation if thats an actual thing that can happen in ranked......

This happen to me but it was only our team... After i managed to rejoin it was 6v2 for 3-5 Mins until the rest of the team managed to rejoin.

Greddleok

As Wiggles said, I engage in fights that are already going as Winston. It generally saves a team mate because suddenly they're not shooting their target because a giant annoying Gorilla is in the way.

Or initiate the fight, without using the leap. Saving the leap to escape when I hit half health.

I LOVE players instal-locking Reinhardts and Lucios. Fuck those naysayers. And I can't fathom groups of players not talking about team composition. But so many times they won't pick a healer neither.

Too many matches with the last two places having to decide between a tank and a healer, because everybody else is DPS+junkrat+mei.

I dropped from 2400 to 2100 again. Matches are better around 2400, compositions tend to be better at least. In the lower 2000's I have matches where I get gold medals as Lucio. Not that I eliminate everything. But still.

Yeah man, low to mid gold is such a crap shoot with match quality. I've been heading the advice of the better players in this thread...things like adjusting my play to try and mesh with some of the head scratcher picks that people make. Trying to protect players that I notice are struggling.

Little things like that are definitely producing better results for me, hopefully it will help you get back to where you wanna be as well.

Just lost to an Attack Bastion for the duration of a whole Numbani......we had a Mei/Reaper/McCree/Winston.....

Really annoying to lose to such a cheese strategy just because people won't get off their mains.

maomaoIYP

Just lost to an Attack Bastion for the duration of a whole Numbani......we had a Mei/Reaper/McCree/Winston.....

Really annoying to lose to such a cheese strategy just because people won't get off their mains.

Speaking of Bastions, I ran into a team of 4 bastions in QP over the weekend. I was playing Zen and my team bloody steamrolled them. It was hilarious.

I want to change my name to VapeNash. I think it would help me get along with all the tRollerz out there in the wild. Gotta get that comp-e-tit-ive ad-vant-age.

Just had a game where my team is 6 random players and the opposition is a 6 party team.

If that's not bad enough, one of their team is in the top 500 and the rest are all diamond. Their competitive score was close to 4000. We didn't have one because 2 of the team had not yet placed. Oh, and 5 of their players had 2 or more stars by their name.

And why are we getting matched with these? Well, because one of their players, going by the name "OW New Account" is ranked just 29.

Honestly. What the fuck is this shit?

Seems like tonight is just idiot night. Had a Mei the entirity of Eichenwald who was just absolutely terrible who refused to swap. On the defense round she literally ice walled my Bastion ult that would have stopped the enemy and won us the game.

All she did was spam "Thanks" and Emotes whenever we talked about her. PS4 really needs an advanced report feature

Lol got him again and I insta-locked Mei, so he picks Torbjorn. I fucking hate this game. He's literally just running in and dying over and over, I'm totally recording this and reporting him directly to Blizzard.

maomaoIYP

Just had a game where my team is 6 random players and the opposition is a 6 party team.

If that's not bad enough, one of their team is in the top 500 and the rest are all diamond. Their competitive score was close to 4000. We didn't have one because 2 of the team had not yet placed. Oh, and 5 of their players had 2 or more stars by their name.

And why are we getting matched with these? Well, because one of their players, going by the name "OW New Account" is ranked just 29.

Honestly. What the fuck is this shit?

The players who had not been placed is on your team or the 6 man party?
If it is on their side, they're cheating.

The players who had not been placed is on your team or the 6 man party?
If it is on their side, they're cheating.

No. My team had not been placed. We had 2 Platinums and 2 Golds.

The other team had 1 top 500 and 5 Diamond.

I'm not accusing them of cheating or anything. I just don't think any one of my team should have been matched up against that team. It's quite clear that they're better than us. By a long way.

I only mention "OW New Account" because he was so low ranked so I assume that's the reason we were matched up.

I just won a comp match with a Korean player who picked Torbjörn the entire time in Route 66, Attack AND Defense. Insanely stressful match but it was really fun and I got a ton of pixel perfect sleep darts at the perfect time. My favorite being this one Hanzo Ult before it came out when a Zarya caught our whole team and a Pharah on accident the second she used her ult.

Blizzard

Banned

Still no event gold drops, but I finally got all 4 of the Halloween achievements, AND got a Halloween skin -- Symmetra. Better than nothing!

maomaoIYP

No. My team had not been placed. We had 2 Platinums and 2 Golds.

The other team had 1 top 500 and 5 Diamond.

I'm not accusing them of cheating or anything. I just don't think any one of my team should have been matched up against that team. It's quite clear that they're better than us. By a long way.

I only mention "OW New Account" because he was so low ranked so I assume that's the reason we were matched up.
How low was the low ranked dude? People have been cheating to get past the SR restrictions.
I played a team which had top 500 ranked dudes and a level 5 unranked player who was smurfing.

Mantrox

Matches at the 3000 mark start to get really interesting (for good and bad).
Unfortunately i made it to 2975 but no diamond for me at the end of the tunnel.

It's like blizzard's matchmaking system was testing me.
My match to qualify for diamond was the closest match i ever had on Volskaya.
Both teams got A & B on the first runs, and both teams got A & B on very tight overtime, with amazing team fights.

It came down to 30 seconds :'(
We got the last point with no time left, and they had 30 seconds left, they won.
Pretty awsome match, none the less.

The bad is, you run up against alot of smurfs on their way back to the top, that just destroy teams.
Mcree's are specialy dangerous, they can just casually pick off your healers the first time their heads poke out of Rein's shield.

Already tumbled down to 2850 or so, but i'll get there!

zoukka

Heh I got the halloween potg animation for Reaper and immediately in the next match I got a potg. I can't decide which skin suits the animation best, the "human" skin looks so ridiculous in it :D

Auctopus

So what you're saying is that next season, I have to play really badly during the placement matches so I'll get placed correctly? That seems kinda messed up, shouldn't they at least try to make their placement algorithms better instead?

This is the second season, dude. I'm sure they're trying to improve the game but they can't go about messing with algorithms mid-season as that's truly unfair.

Also, I was placed at 2600 after my placement games as Zenyatta yet after that I lost 12 Ranked Games in a row (I literally haven't won a single match since being Ranked). Yeah, the majority of that was teams that just couldn't work together but I'd be lying if I said I was performing at Platinum level 24/7.

You've just gotta lump it or essentially "git gud" (Yes, I saw your medals). I just stopped playing Ranked and started playing QP so I could enjoy the game again. It's miraculous that I'm getting more wins and funner games on QP than at ~2400 but that's just the way it goes.

Jellie

Yeah, 2 games straight of that. Dude didn't even use his mic until the very end of the 2nd game in that second vid lol.

He has like 80 fucking hours as Mei, yet he's still ice walling off peoples ultimates and missing his own terribly.
Probably deliberately uses mei to do that since he deliberately fed in those videos.

Probably deliberately uses mei to do that since he deliberately fed in those videos.

He didn't feed once he took Mei back, or in the first game. He was just playing terribly and refusing to swap.

When I took Mei all he did was run in and wave at the enemy and die over and over.

Sayad

Had two Annas in a team where everyone else is playing offense heroes, picked Roadhog and didn't get a single heal, in Numbani, on attack. Switched to D-Va after three deaths. :|

Jellie

He didn't feed once he took Mei back, or in the first game. He was just playing terribly and refusing to swap.

When I took Mei all he did was run in and wave at the enemy and die over and over.
When he was on mei in the second video he still ran in and died. Unless he's just really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom