• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappa

Banned
Console is second-class citizen. So many things were missing until the console community let them know. Like when the Request Invite to Group message to the receiver didn't have an option for them to accept since it was a PC UI. Glad that was patched out.

Im curious to see what the community numbers are between PS4 Xbox One and PC. Is that kind of information even out there?

Just curious to see that them treating console players as second citizens is justified by the amount of players like if PC is double or triple the console base but if it´s basically the same... or less... well.

komaruR

I figured out how to wall by watching Seagull.

Also Zen is a beast yeah. I can't count how many times I've been dived on, them thinking I was a free kill, only to 1v1 them handily.
I think a lot of people are still used to when Zen had 150HP, but he's a real threat with the 50HP buff.

amen to that. when the patch came i was still using tracer to do a CQ with zen. I got my face kicked in and learned a hard lesson to stay away from his bootable distance lol.

Console is second-class citizen. So many things were missing until the console community let them know. Like when the Request Invite to Group message to the receiver didn't have an option for them to accept since it was a PC UI. Glad that was patched out.

thought it was a hidden press x for ps4 even thought its a yes Y or no N lol

what i want is option to filter who can request to join or invite/friends only like the pc. just incase you want some private group session going on. right now it just request to join and you join any automatically.

I wish they would patch in a feature that let you privatize your groups. When I play by myself I don't mind people grouping up with me, but I have a few friends that only like to play with the group they know, so it would be nice to be able to have a private group setting.

Zarya doesn't need a nerf.

But she always kills me and I don't know how to beat her, so she clearly needs a nerf!

komaruR

I wish they would patch in a feature that let you privatize your groups. When I play by myself I don't mind people grouping up with me, but I have a few friends that only like to play with the group they know, so it would be nice to be able to have a private group setting.

But she always kills me and I don't know how to beat her, so she clearly needs a nerf!

just need char that have burst dmg/combo. so that you want to burst her when the bubble is down.

Owzers

You can't keep me out of your group!

About how much do you win/lose in SR per match? I just can't get a feel for how my own individual performance influences how much rating I go up or down. Like last night I had what I felt was an awesome match as Zarya, and yet I only went up 18 SR which seemed low, especially since I was on a winning streak and playing a match where the average SR was even.

It really varies, the average seems to be like 25-30, as does the amount I lose. If its a match way above my level range, I'll only lose about 10-15, and if its way below, about 30 or so.

The most I have gained from a match recently was like 70ish points, and they were like 200 SR above us. Had another match where they were 100 above us and I only got like 15...which was weird because we steamrolled and I was on fire most of the game.

I think it's safe to call the Sombra ARG a failure, in terms of overall reception. Anything they do in the future will probably be closer to Ana's reveal.

It is pretty obvious they didn't realize the need for give and take in an ARG. Countdowns to countdowns is not fun. Also they obviously had no intention of revealing anything early.

Really...some people are absurdly dense.

A 76 ult kills the team through a flank 3 times in a row and specifically hunts the support down. You would think that you'd get someone to go after the 76...

Fancolors

The Sombra ARG makes me wonder how the community would've reacted if they just teased the character from the very beginning with no release date in sight and just release this very Tuesday.

Would everyone just forget? Create rumors of her cancelation? Memes of Overwatch having no content?

I didn't play OW before the Ana release, but I also don't remember seeing many threads about her once she did.

just need char that have burst dmg/combo. so that you want to burst her when the bubble is down.

I was being facetious - I play as Zarya. :<

You can't keep me out of your group!

Nooooooooo! Damn you! Damn you all to hellllllll.

Keep joining my group, I need more good people to play comp with.

It really varies, the average seems to be like 25-30, as does the amount I lose. If its a match way above my level range, I'll only lose about 10-15, and if its way below, about 30 or so.

The most I have gained from a match recently was like 70ish points, and they were like 200 SR above us. Had another match where they were 100 above us and I only got like 15...which was weird because we steamrolled and I was on fire most of the game.

Cool - so it's not just the lower levels where SR doesn't seem to make any sense.

I get Blizzard is doing their best with balancing and the MMR and all that, but man I hope in season 3 there's some more consistency to the gains and losses in competitive.

NeoRaider

The Sombra ARG makes me wonder how the community would've reacted if they just teased the character from the very beginning with no release date in sight and just release this very Tuesday.

Would everyone just forget? Create rumors of her cancelation? Memes of Overwatch having no content?

I didn't play OW before the Ana release, but I also don't remember seeing many threads about her once she did.

Clearly Sombra is more important to them. There were hints in the game about her since day 1. So Sombra is not just another character (i am not saying that Ana is). But Sombra is very long in the development and i feel like Blizzard thinks that she is more than just another hero.

Decided to buy a set of 50 crates. Add to that the about 15ish boxes I got playing to just shy of 70, and my haul is really disappointing.
A total of 7 legendary items, of which one was gold and 3 were new (and luckily 3 of the 4 Halloween skins). That's not too bad, but then we move onto purples, where I got a whole of 5 Halloween items (3 skins, an intro and an emote).

But at least I got almost all of the voice lines and poses! Yay.

Winston just never stops being a blast to play, I love weaving in and out of my shield against a reaper or zenyatta, a character who could probably kill him 1v1, and winning because I kept the shield in between us

LiK

thought it was a hidden press x for ps4 even thought its a yes Y or no N lol

what i want is option to filter who can request to join or invite/friends only like the pc. just incase you want some private group session going on. right now it just request to join and you join any automatically.

Hah, you would think but I remember sending it and people told me they pressed all the buttons and nothing happened. It was pretty broken.

They had to send me an invite for me to join.

Im curious to see what the community numbers are between PS4 Xbox One and PC. Is that kind of information even out there?

Just curious to see that them treating console players as second citizens is justified by the amount of players like if PC is double or triple the console base but if it´s basically the same... or less... well.
Extremely rough Overbuff numbers, but there seems to be about 2.5x the amount of players on PC than Ps4. Factor in Xbox and I'd say it's a bit less than twice as many PC as console players. Definitely a PC game, and I don't really feel shortchanged as a console player.

Honestly the thing I envy most about PC is being able to type in chat. And sometimes just randomly running into pro players in a match, I think that would be awesome.

Shredderi

I've seen spectator camera being mentioned a few times in patch notes. How can I change the camera to this new camera mode while spectating?

LiK

So lame they took away behind the view while spectating. The over the shoulder view really makes me nauseous for some reason and watching in first-person sucks as well. Were they afraid of people looking at asses?

labx

Banned
ps4 player... Having a LOT of trouble with Widowmaker, any tips to be better. I want to play with her, but aiming with the controller is hard and tedious. lower the sensitivity or vise versa?

Thanks in advance!

edit: Her ultimate is the worst tho.

xaosslug

ps4 player... Having a LOT of trouble with Widowmaker, any tips to be better. I want to play with her, but aiming with the controller is hard and tedious. lower the sensitivity or vise versa?

Thanks in advance!

my advice? Don't bother. If you want to learn a sniper lean Ana.

So lame they took away behind the view while spectating. The over the shoulder view really makes me nauseous for some reason and watching in first-person sucks as well. Were they afraid of people looking at asses?

Yeah I don't know what it is about that over the shoulder view, but I can't stand it. Don't really like it in other games, either.

Thanks in advance!

Never get on the point, in fact stay as far away from it as possible and only go for K:D ratio. You'll be the best Widow in no time.

In all seriousness, Widow is garbage on console. I've run into like two or three actual great Widows while playing. The only advice I can give is to try and switch up your sniper spots as much as possible. There are some stereotypical "Widow spots" that everyone knows to watch out for and so unless you're covering the point in unconventional ways, you're likely dead before you even have a chance to get good.

labx

Banned
Yeah I don't know what it is about that over the shoulder view, but I can't stand it. Don't really like it in other games, either.

Never get on the point, in fact stay as far away from it as possible and only go for K:D ratio. You'll be the best Widow in no time.

In all seriousness, Widow is garbage on console. I've run into like two or three actual great Widows while playing. The only advice I can give is to try and switch up your sniper spots as much as possible. There are some stereotypical "Widow spots" that everyone knows to watch out for and so unless you're covering the point in unconventional ways, you're likely dead before you even have a chance to get good.

my advice? Don't bother. If you want to learn a sniper lean Ana.

Don't bother

goddamn... At least tell me she is good in PC version.

Fancolors

Thanks in advance!

Always be aware of flankers and Winston. Those can kill you very easily.

Have good aim.

LiK

Widow can kill well but she can't hold an objective at all and a good Winston or Zen can destroy her. This applies to all platforms.

LiK

If Symm's turrets did more damage, she would be so much more useful. Curious what they will do to buff her. I read that they're gonna be looking into her.

I found myself watching Mendo's stream for quite awhile last night. And he had some interesting thoughts on the game. He acted like he was speaking for the majority of the pro community but obviously that can't be proven (he was grouped with KyKy who definitely agreed for what it's worth).

-Fucking hates Eichenwalde and all 2cp maps.

-if they had private a servers and a map editor (like counter strike he said) then no pro would ever play a Blizzard map ever again. The only maps he gave any kind of props to were Kings Row and Dorado.

-pick rate means nothing to them for OPness. He said Ana was by far the most broken character and if they could mod the game she wouldn't be half as powerful as she is now (safe to assume this was exaggeration).

-He (they) consider Rein the most balanced hero and think that Lucio and Zarya are perfectly fine. He agreed that Genji was broken before.

He didn't have much good to say about the game. But it didn't come off as hating it. It seemed like he legitimately just wanted the game to reach its full potential (in his mind of course). It was actually a really good stream. Dude is a fucking beast too. And then getting put in a game with a platinum player who then took Zarya from KyKy and said 'I'm good with Zarya, I got this.' Was the highlight of the night.

Don't bother

q4PjW8o.gif

Fancolors

I found myself watching Mendo's stream for quite awhile last night. And he had some interesting thoughts on the game. He acted like he was speaking for the majority of the pro community but obviously that can't be proven (he was grouped with KyKy who definitely agreed for what it's worth).

-Fucking hates Eichenwalde and all 2cp maps.

-if they had private a servers and a map editor (like counter strike he said) then no pro would ever play a Blizzard map ever again. The only maps he gave any kind of props to were Kings Row and Dorado.

-pick rate means nothing to them for OPness. He said Ana was by far the most broken character and if they could mod the game she wouldn't be half as powerful as she is now (safe to assume this was exaggeration).

-He (they) consider Rein the most balanced hero and think that Lucio and Zarya are perfectly fine. He agreed that Genji was broken before.

He didn't have much good to say about the game. But it didn't come off as hating it. It seemed like he legitimately just wanted the game to reach its full potential (in his mind of course). It was actually a really good stream. Dude is a fucking beast too. And then getting put in a game with a platinum player who then took Zarya from KyKy and said 'I'm good with Zarya, I got this.' Was the highlight of the night.

It makes me wonder why Blizzard doesn't let people create mods and maps for the game. I mean, they could go the TF2 path and let the community create a bunch of content since profit was already made with an entrance fee and the rest of the money can be made with loot boxes (if the OW threads are anything to go by, they are really profitable).

If the fan-made map is really good, they could add it to the official map rotation.

Did losing Dota traumatize them or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom