• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder why Blizzard doesn't let people create mods and maps for the game. I mean, they could go the TF2 path and let the community create a bunch of content since profit was already made with an entrance fee and the rest of the money can be made with loot boxes (if the OW threads are anything to go by, they are really profitable).

If the fan-made map is really good, they could add it to the official map rotation.

Did losing Dota traumatize them or something?
Handing over the control to the community is a massive step that I don't blame them for not wanting to take.

As it is, everyone has to play by their rules, on maps they've designed. And just because some pros don't like all the maps (I think they are fine for the most part, and I'm sure most people would agree) doesn't mean they want to give up creative control of their brand new IP.

xaosslug

q4PjW8o.gif

MM98qRo.gif

MUnited83

For you.
I do get quite a number of abusive messages when I choose her in ranked.

They soon pipe down when they see I've got a cool 6 eliminations!

I play very well with Symmetra and will usually have the most eliminations and many times even the most damage when using her on Quick Play.
Playing her on Ranked will just make people start trolling and playing badly in protest :/

I found myself watching Mendo's stream for quite awhile last night. And he had some interesting thoughts on the game. He acted like he was speaking for the majority of the pro community but obviously that can't be proven (he was grouped with KyKy who definitely agreed for what it's worth).

-Fucking hates Eichenwalde and all 2cp maps.

-if they had private a servers and a map editor (like counter strike he said) then no pro would ever play a Blizzard map ever again. The only maps he gave any kind of props to were Kings Row and Dorado.

-pick rate means nothing to them for OPness. He said Ana was by far the most broken character and if they could mod the game she wouldn't be half as powerful as she is now (safe to assume this was exaggeration).

-He (they) consider Rein the most balanced hero and think that Lucio and Zarya are perfectly fine. He agreed that Genji was broken before.

He didn't have much good to say about the game. But it didn't come off as hating it. It seemed like he legitimately just wanted the game to reach its full potential (in his mind of course). It was actually a really good stream. Dude is a fucking beast too. And then getting put in a game with a platinum player who then took Zarya from KyKy and said 'I'm good with Zarya, I got this.' Was the highlight of the night.
-not surprising since those maps rarely show up.

-damn they hate all the maps except KR and Dorado? Wow.

-agree on pick rates. Although I wouldn't say Ana is as powerful as he makes it out to be, but idk.

-preach Mendo

Yeah Mendo is a cool dude and he's fun to watch. I'm always watching him if Seagull or Moon isn't on.

Fancolors

Handing over the control to the community is a massive step that I don't blame them for not wanting to take.

As it is, everyone has to play by their rules, on maps they've designed. And just because some pros don't like all the maps (I think they are fine for the most part, and I'm sure most people would agree) doesn't mean they want to give up creative control of their brand new IP.

Hmm... Yeah, I can understand why they wouldn't want to give creative control to the fans, but I can't stop thinking of all the potential map designs that could exist. I just wish fans had more control for custom game modes. Stuff like a decent shooting range that doesn't rely on Ana bots, or jump maps for Genji and Pharah sound fun.

-not surprising since those maps rarely show up.

-damn they hate all the maps except KR and Dorado? Wow.

-agree on pick rates. Although I wouldn't say Ana is as powerful as he makes it out to be, but idk.

-preach Mendo

Yeah Mendo is a cool dude and he's fun to watch. I'm always watching him if Seagull or Moon isn't on.
Hate is strong. Eichenwalde, Anubis, Hanamura, etc. yea, hate them. But other than that he just wasn't impressed by many of the maps. He said the KOTH maps are fine because they are symmetrical.

I really enjoyed watching him. I know there was some controversy about him on C9 and people made it seem like it was because he was an asshole who couldn't get along with teammates. I didn't get that vibe at all though.

i doubt she'll be a sniper, but just hold ur horses and learn Sombra when she comes out. I'm sure she's gonna fuck up the scene proper ;)

If her release is anything like Ana's, people will yell at you and complain if you pick her in comp for the first month, then a pro meta strat using her will become popular and suddenly everyone will think they can play her well and you'll see her in every match despite everyone thinking she sucked at release.

The only way I can see them doing a custom map creator is if they let you design maps then submit it to Blizz and if they like it, they'll add it in and they can even make some tweaks if they deem it necessary. So this would allow us to make good maps while letting Blizz still have control, if control is what their issue is.

Greddleok

I'm officially done caring about my rank.

Can't seem to win any games any more. Always top elims on my team as a tank, and often top elims as Lucio. Fuck rank. I'm not even that good, I'm just not shit like the people I keep getting teamed up with.

Jellie

If her release is anything like Ana's, people will yell at you and complain if you pick her in comp for the first month, then a pro meta strat using her will become popular and suddenly everyone will think they can play her well and you'll see her in every match despite everyone thinking she sucked at release.

Well to be fair she did get buffed a bit since release.
I'm officially done caring about my rank.

Can't seem to win any games any more. Always top elims on my team as a tank, and often top elims as Lucio. Fuck rank. I'm not even that good, I'm just not shit like the people I keep getting teamed up with.

Eliminations mean nothing, it just means you did some damage to them. If you were top damage with Lucio that would be a concern.

Ana grenade + heal is so simple. But for some reason it took a LONG time for people to really understand how to play her. Like sure, some people knew, but her insane ability to keep a tank alive through massive damage seems to only have recently been discovered by the masses. I'm a victim too. I thought she was mediocre and didn't understand how to play her.

GeeTeeCee

I just got joined into a team that had 5 Torbjörns on it. Just as I was about to quit the lobby, up pops the Victory message.

All of the xp benefits of the win, without having to actually suffer through the match. I still didn't stay in the lobby though; I've had enough of the troll pick hero stacking for a lifetime.

Edit: next match is an enemy team of 4 Tracers and 2 Junkrats that is almost finished. Really getting sick of this... but not enough to put myself through the agony of ranked.

Ana grenade + heal is so simple. But for some reason it took a LONG time for people to really understand how to play her. Like sure, some people knew, but her insane ability to keep a tank alive through massive damage seems to only have recently been discovered by the masses. I'm a victim too. I thought she was mediocre and didn't understand how to play her.
Same. When I first tried her I thought "well she sucks" and I dropped her. It wasn't until a month or two later that I decided to try again just for the heck of it. And now? .......

Well, just look at my avatar lol.

Greddleok

Well to be fair she did get buffed a bit since release.

Eliminations mean nothing, it just means you did some damage to them. If you were top damage with Lucio that would be a concern.

Unfortunately it's the only objective measure there is. I know I'm not amazing, especially as Lucio. I always do so much better when I have at least one friend playing with me.

Kito

If any attack Symmetras / Symmetra mains want a pocket Mercy in ranked on PC (EU), or vice versa, PM me for my battle tag.

Moonkeis

If any attack Symmetras / Symmetra mains want a pocket Mercy in ranked on PC (EU), or vice versa, PM me for my battle tag.

Attacked on Hollywood last night with a Sym on attack, I don't ever question peoples picks, but this one had me thinking "O Boy". This player definitely did it right, it also helped the overall team was really laid back.

FYI, 1 weeks worth of rank deterioration is about 125SR worth.

Hadn't played ranked overwatch since just before Rise of Iron came out and I've dropped by about 550SR total.

Dropped from 3553 to 3012.

Kito

Attacked on Hollywood last night with a Sym on attack, I don't ever question peoples picks, but this one had me thinking "O Boy". This player definitely did it right, it also helped the overall team was really laid back.

A supportive team to make it work is the key. Too many times I get disowned by Mercys as attack Sym, who will not heal me or will single rez me in a 6 man mob.

I hate all Mercy players in general tbh, less than 1% of them are any good. If I see one I know to play Mei or Reaper cause I know I'm gonna get 2 seconds of heal at most. Mercy will either be constantly dead to flankers or stay on a full health tank the whole damn game.

A supportive team to make it work is the key. Too many times I get disowned by Mercys as attack Sym, who will not heal me or will single rez me in a 6 man mob.

I hate all Mercy players in general tbh, less than 1% of them are any good. If I see one I know to play Mei or Reaper cause I know I'm gonna get 2 seconds of heal at most. Mercy will either be constantly dead to flankers or stay on a full health tank the whole damn game.

You hate all Mercy players, but you want people to be supportive of an attack Symmetra.

just sayin.

Kuro

From my experience in ranked and from watching pro games. Something needs to be done about Ana and Mei. Ana has too much dps for a support and Mei is too good at stalling points.

TrueBlue

I need to practice my Mercy.

The constant management of healing your team and being aware of your surroundings is something I need to get the hang of.

I also need to avoid the temptation to chase after lost causes who are pushing too far forward. My Guardian Angel tends to get me into trouble more often than not.

LiK

The constant management of healing your team and being aware of your surroundings is something I need to get the hang of.

I also need to avoid the temptation to chase after lost causes who are pushing too far forward. My Guardian Angel tends to get me into trouble more often than not.

I decided to try Mercy in solo q in QP and boy, that brought back memories where no one protected you and you were the prime target by the enemy team. No fun at all.

Tovarisc

I want Mercys to be supportive of the whole team not just attack Syms. I never have a problem with other healers. Anas in particular I regard as great.

Ana and Mercy play quite differently as healers and reacting to HP fluctuations of team. Ana burst heals SO much faster than Mercy, after all Ana is most powerful single target healer in the game. In general you are in presence of poor healer if healer is in pocket of anyone.

Azoor

I decided to try Mercy in solo q in QP and boy, that brought back memories where no one protected you and you were the prime target by the enemy team. No fun at all.

I really love playing Mercy even though it's can be a very painful experience.

I feel like a battered housewife in an abusive relationship.

eek5

There is a toggle for it where you can hold shift instead of pressing it. Lets you cancel out a lot faster. I also have beam on toggle so I don't have to hold down mouse buttons.

I usually GA towards a person while holding heal then once heal locks on I let go of shift and turn around to find someone to GA back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom