• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Seems to work like that, doesn't it?

I stay gettin the good skins and such for heros I'm shit with, or jus never play.

I often feel trolled after opening loot boxes.

Nya I have just very good karma. Summer Lootboxes I got every legendary skin. Halloween Lootboxes I just miss Mercy right now. I don't play Junkrat and Roadhog and Reaper. Also got the Hanzo, Pharah and Symmetra skin already. I only leveled up 18 levels since the event and I prestige soon. Love my karma.

Nya I have just very good karma. Summer Lootboxes I got every legendary skin. Halloween Lootboxes I just miss Mercy right now. I don't play Junkrat and Roadhog and Reaper. Also got the Hanzo, Pharah and Symmetra skin already. I only leveled up 18 levels since the event and I prestige soon. Love my karma.

Yeah, there's a few in the thread having incredible luck with drops...unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

It's no worries tho, game is so fun I'll gladly keep on keepin on til I get em.

"Trust me, Symmetra is great on the first point," they said as they stood right in front of the enemy spawn only to get spattered across the Numbani pavement a second later. Strix didn't cry though. His tears had long ago dried up on his journey downward through back through Diamond.

I went 7-0 before this game so I expected it. Sitting at 3413, up from 3299.

"Trust me, Symmetra is great on the first point," they said as they stood right in front of the enemy spawn only to get spattered across the Numbani pavement a second later. Strix didn't cry though. His tears had long ago dried up on his journey downward through back through Diamond.

I went 7-0 before this game so I expected it. Sitting at 3413, up from 3299.

Don't blame Symm for that player's shoddiness.

Edit: Has there been any hint of the changes being made to Symmetra? I really hope they don't mess with her too much.

I would genuinely be happy if they just made her turrets a tad bit stronger, made the cool down time a little shorter and made the teleporter slightly harder to destroy.

My fear is they change her into a completely unrecognisable character.

Having people backseat game when you're playing Reinhardt can get annoying. Last night, had some games last night where the team wanted me to play ultra-conservative basically just be a stationary shield. We stall out pretty bad, when I finally say fuck it and go ham we stomp and take the point.

I would genuinely be happy if they just made her turrets a tad bit stronger, made the cool down time a little shorter and made the teleporter slightly harder to destroy.

My fear is they change her into a completely unrecognisable character.

Lulz, your fear is basically what everyone else prays they do.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think at some point blizzard will have to do something about point B spawns, because as they are it is stupidly easy to stagger and stall.

Mush

This is an odd one, but has anyone else experienced the game crashing on Ilios while the score is tied up at 2-2?

This is the second time this has happened to me in the space of a few days. It seems to not only boot me, but most players (if not all, I'm not entirely certain) from the game.

On PS4 btw.

duckroll

I think at some point blizzard will have to do something about point B spawns, because as they are it is stupidly easy to stagger and stall.

What in particular would you say is a problem? I mean Point B is -supposed- to be harder because in QP when you take it, you win the match. In Ranked is it really an issue when both teams have to play on attack and defend? Did something change when I stopped playing the game as much?!

Mendrox

What in particular would you say is a problem? I mean Point B is -supposed- to be harder because in QP when you take it, you win the match. In Ranked is it really an issue when both teams have to play on attack and defend? Did something change when I stopped playing the game as much?!

Draws. Draws everywhere. About more than half the time we get a draw.

Fancolors

Draws. They became common for me on Hanamura, because Mei.

Not that I find her OP, but stalling strats are incredibly lame and frustrating.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

No, it's just too close to spawn. I'm alright with defenders getting the advantage but at this point there is a lot of cheesy stall tactics you can use that's just kind of a clusterfuck and not much value gameplay wise.

And I should know.

Cappa

Banned
I actually think they should count the ticks on the point (specifically for 2CP maps, not for hybrid).

This is a great idea I think, it would eliminate draws significantly. What usually happens is once you capture Objective A in maps like Hanamura and Volskaya you need to make a quick and huge push to Objective B and try to get the defending team while they are reeling.

One of two things usually happen, either you push as a team quickly, everyone coordinates their Ults perfectly and Objective B is captured. This unfortunately, is the perfect scenario and doesn´t usually happen.
Or what will usually happen is youll make a quick push, youll get the capture point to maybe 2/3 of the way, the enemy team will respawn and being so close to Objective B they regain hold of the capture point. And now its basically a stalemate if the enemy team is competent enough.

Using the CPs bar as a measurement of a Victory or Loss seems something that should have been implemented from the start and I cant think of any negatives as to why it shouldnt be.

This is a great idea I think, it would eliminate draws significantly. What usually happens is once you capture Objective A in maps like Hanamura and Volskaya you need to make a quick and huge push to Objective B and try to get the defending team while they are reeling.

Two things usually happen, one you push as a team quickly, everyone coordinates their Ults perfectly and Objective B is captured. This unfortunately, is the perfect scenario and doesn´t usually happen.

What will usually happen is youll make a quick push, youll get the capture point bad to 2/3 of the way, the enemy team will respawn and being so close hold the point. And now its basically a stalemate if the enemy team is competent enough.

Using the CPs bar as a measurement of a Victory or Loss seems something that should have been implemented from the start and I cant think of any negatives as to why it shouldnt be.

To be clear, I don't think they should take the entire bar as a measure of victory - just the two ticks on the point that the capture bar gets locked at. So you could end up winning with a score of, say, 1.66 to 1.33.

Cappa

Banned
To be clear, I don't think they should take the entire bar as a measure of victory - just the two ticks on the point that the capture bar gets locked at. So you could end up winning with a score of, say, 1.66 to 1.33.

Yeah thats also what I was referring to:

overtime.jpg

I'm ready for Blizzard to remove hero stacking from quick play tbh

It's awful

When the other team is gorillas and your team won't switch from snipers it's just 😭😭😭

Greddleok

Not a fan of Reaper personally. He's too slow. I like some pace in my DPS heroes.

If only I was good with Tracer. She'd be my favourite. Had a couple of awesome games as 76 last night. 18 and 20 player kill streaks without breaking a sweat. Only died because I got cocky.

I think 76 is an absolute god on defence. He's kinda like Bastion, but mobile and a longer cool down on his burst. However, because he's mobile, he can burst down healers from the flank, and then sprint back to help the main group before the enemy team even knows what happened.
I think 76, D.Va and Zarya are my favourite characters by a long shot.

LiK

I'm ready for Blizzard to remove hero stacking from quick play tbh

It's awful

When the other team is gorillas and your team won't switch from snipers it's just 😭😭😭

I don't think it should be removed from QP. They just need to include an unranked mode with 1-hero limit to the menu.

Baleoce

Can someone clarify something for me please.

So in competitive, I get that the average gap between the two teams will fall somewhere in the region of 1000 and 500 in difference (depending on your rank).

Now, what happens if you have a static for competitive, and the static itself doesn't play very often, but individuals within it want to play more and level up in competitive. Is there a limit to how much difference there can be in ranking points between players on the same team in competitive mode in a preformed group? Or does it take an average regardless?

It's difficult because, most of us that play together genuinely prefer the ruleset that competitive brings. It just makes more sense and is more satisfying for us to play compared to Quick Play. But.. we also all play the game differing amounts.

Bump

This is an odd one, but has anyone else experienced the game crashing on Ilios while the score is tied up at 2-2?

This is the second time this has happened to me in the space of a few days. It seems to not only boot me, but most players (if not all, I'm not entirely certain) from the game.

On PS4 btw.

I personally haven't (ps4 also) but others in the thread have. Seems to be a nasty, random bug.

Cappa

Banned

It´s not the average

In an effort to help provide a fair play environment across all skill levels, we’re implementing grouping restrictions in Competitive Play. In most tiers, players will be unable to group if they have a skill rating difference of more than 1000 from their potential group mates. However, in the Master and Grandmaster tiers, the difference will need to be less than 500, and players who are Diamond-tier or above cannot group with someone who is completing their placement matches.

So basically if your rank is 3500 or above you can only rank with players 500 points more/less than you. If your rank is 3499 or less you can rank with anyone 1000 points less than you(not more in this case).

So if you´re 3499 you can only rank as low as with someone who is 2499, this falls for anyone in your group. So if 4 of you are 2499, one of you is 3499, and the last member is 2000. The member who is 2000 can not play with the member who is 3499...

Baleoce

It´s not the average

Damn. That's a shame. Quite a few people play competitive because they prefer the ruleset. Not necessarily because they want to be competitive. It creates a problem when you want to play with friends in that mode and you all play the game a different amount.

I mean, I get why that's there. To stop carrying and ensure matchmaking is somewhat accurate. Maybe they need unranked competitive.

Thanks for the clarification though, much appreciated.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got Mercy's hot witch skin, i won Overwatch. :3

TrueBlue

Not a fan of Reaper personally. He's too slow. I like some pace in my DPS heroes.

If only I was good with Tracer. She'd be my favourite. Had a couple of awesome games as 76 last night. 18 and 20 player kill streaks without breaking a sweat. Only died because I got cocky.

I think 76 is an absolute god on defence. He's kinda like Bastion, but mobile and a longer cool down on his burst. However, because he's mobile, he can burst down healers from the flank, and then sprint back to help the main group before the enemy team even knows what happened.
I think 76, D.Va and Zarya are my favourite characters by a long shot.

Tracer is my "main", for lack of a better term. I love frustrating the enemy team on Overtime.

I play D.Va, Pharah, and Mercy quite a bit as well. Need to get some more man-love in there lol.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've never been one to waste money on microtransactions but it just dawned on me that I've spent at least a hundred dollars on loot boxes by now. Maybe more. Damn. At least I have all these sweet Torbjorn sprays now. 😟

Blues1990

Tracer is my "main", for lack of a better term. I love frustrating the enemy team on Overtime.

I play D.Va, Pharah, and Mercy quite a bit as well. Need to get some more man-love in there lol.

"Reinhardt, at your service!"

I'm glad that the game goes by the motto that there really is a hero for everyone, and you can have a fun time playing that character in the game. Maybe with the exception of Widow and Hanzo for me, as I generally don't like playing sniper-type characters in first-person shooters.

Cappa

Banned
"Reinhardt, at your service!"

I'm glad that the game goes by the motto that there really is a hero for everyone, and you can have a fun time playing that character in the game. Maybe with the exception of Widow and Hanzo for me, as I generally don't like playing sniper-type characters in first-person shooters.

My feelings exactly with Widow and Hanzo but for some reason I love playing as Ana even though shes considered "sniper class."

There are other heroes I really dont touch either like Tjorborn, Genji, McCree and Bastion. Each one of those, under the right hands, can be really good but for some reason I just dont like playing as them.

Greddleok

I wish, wish, wish I understood how to play Reinhardt. He's one of the coolest characters, but boy I'm so useless with him. I should watch some guides on how to use him and practice a bunch in QP.

But yeah, Pharah is cool too. I like her a lot, but I'm kidding myself if I think I'm a better Pharah than I am 76. I try to be good at Mercy, but I'm not. I'm crap. Occasionally I'll have a good match with her, but more often than not, someone harasses me and I just can't deal with it.

Too many awesome chicks in OW!

I would like a slight reduction to McCrees skill cooldowns...I'm thinking 8 for flashbang, and 6 for roll.

Headshot damage for FTH would be nice as well.

Would that make him OP? Seems reasonable I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom