• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhqwhgads

Based on the recent games I've had, seems like Lijiang is a great map for Symmetra. So many tiny corridors to make into death traps, plus plenty of good places to hide the teleporter. It's weird since I thought Ilios would be the same but every single time I play on that map my teleporters get destroyed almost instantly, compared to them never getting destroyed on Lijiang.

Hadn't played in a month, so I open up 10 loot boxes (got all the Halloween skins I wanted outside of the legendries for Mercy and Junkrat), and load into Junkenstein's revenge to warm up aiming.

Easy and Normal go down pretty great, outside of the one time our Ana called us garbage DPS even though I had gold in healing as S76 lol.

Hard I could never find a team that lasted past Junkenstein's first appearance. It's brutal.

I then go 2-2 in comp and gain about 15 SR. Good to be back.

Still haven't finished Junkenstein on normal. Everyone obviously races to pick Soldier, etc. and I'm left with Ana.

Cool, no problem. I'll just focus on healing and sniping the bomb throwing things primarily.

When my ultimate is ready, I'm letting the team know like every 30 seconds that it's ready so they can let me know when theirs is so I can nano boost them. No response, they just fire their ults.

I'm not the best, but I'm trying.

Console Torb needs to either have his nerf rescinded or be removed from play.

Even if they did that I don't think he would be viable. Torbjorn problem on consoles was always about hero stacking IMO, good luck getting past 3-4 Torbs plus healer and Reinhardt on defense without any kind of coordenation, it was basically impossible playing with randoms.

Paltheos

Putting in allot of time as Rein in ranked recently, for he is awesome, and I really feel like a guardian of my mates and Rein's hammer is so, so satisfying to use. Most surprising thing is how many plays of the match I've been getting. Like, a quarter to a third of my Rein picks get PotM, which is staggering. Maybe I'm exaggerating it a little bit, but I'm certain I get it more with Rein than with any other character by a fair margin.

Even in horde modes the "healer" syndrome applies.

I'm awful at McCree, and his role seems vital, so I'll happily pass him to another.

Yeah, I'm just about convinced you need Deadeye on hard. Ana should be p. important too though. That nanoboost helps McCree's ult allot. Kinda surprised she's a last pick. Having played all of the heroes, Hanzo seems the most useless.

LiK

I've been noticing people are starting to counter Ana ultimate extremely well nowadays. If I use mines too early sometimes a Mei Zarya or Reinhardt will counter with their Ults.

It's just dumb that she never used it at all. Not even when the entire team was there on top of the payload capture point. She was just sitting in a corner shooting heals. But she kept rushing near Attack spawn and got killed multiple times so maybe that player is just an idiot. Even Gaffers on our team was asking why she kept getting herself killed at the start of the match.

Moonkeis

Even in horde modes the "healer" syndrome applies.

I'm awful at McCree, and his role seems vital, so I'll happily pass him to another.

I was playing the brawl the other day, this McCree kept spamming for heals, ignoring the fact I was healing him the entire time...he asked me in chat "Ana, can you heal?". I kindly asked him "Can you DPS? Because I'm also picking off the rip tire/mobs that you are allowing to trickle in".

MastAndo

Thought I was done with competitive play after brief, pathetic and frustrating foray into this season. Gave it another shot last night on a whim after feeling more and more confident in QP...got absolutely steamrolled 3 games in a row. Continued playing and eventually went on to win the last 5 in a row, feeling completely confident in my team and in control. Fickle game, this one.

I instalocked Zarya in the first 4 wins (trying to play what I think is my best character), and played well...then someone jumped on her right away before I could during selection in the 5th. Had to go with Zenyatta to fill out the team, which I have no issues with, except it was KOTH and he's not a usual pick for me there...but it went really well and finally got that Rapid Discord trophy.

Looking forward to going back in tonight or tomorrow riding a winning streak and hopefully getting out of the SR gutter.

Kiro

Thought I was done with competitive play after brief, pathetic and frustrating foray into this season. Gave it another shot last night on a whim after feeling more and more confident in QP...got absolutely steamrolled 3 games in a row. Continued playing and eventually went on to win the last 5 in a row, feeling completely confident in my team and in control. Fickle game, this one.

I instalocked Zarya in the first 4 wins (trying to play what I think is my best character), and played well...then someone jumped on her right away before I could during selection in the 5th. Had to go with Zenyatta to fill out the team, which I have no issues with, except it was KOTH and he's not a usual pick for me there...but it went really well and finally got that Rapid Discord trophy.

Looking forward to going back in tonight or tomorrow riding a winning streak and hopefully getting out of the SR gutter.

...screw you. 70 hours on zen and no trophy.
:(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even if they did that I don't think he would be viable. Torbjorn problem on consoles was always about hero stacking IMO, good luck getting past 3-4 Torbs plus healer and Reinhardt on defense without any kind of coordenation, it was basically impossible playing with randoms.

I mean, a coordinated team should always beat randoms regardless of composition.

LiK

I had one match in Brawl where a McCree kept asking for heals while the Ana kept saying Group up. Dude could've simply walked over and get my Soldier heals too. What a jackass.

I mean, a coordinated team should always beat randoms regardless of composition.

What I said was that before the 1-hero limit it was basically impossible to win against a Torb defense playing together with randoms, it was way to OP. You didn't really need to have a good coordination defending, just be careful where to put the turrets so they won't be easily destroyed and spam the chokepoints. Game won, just like that.

People normally complained about how the attack had the advantage with the coin flip, but on consoles the reality was the complete opposite before the 1-hero limit.

The game became so much more enjoyable after that, there's really no comparison :)

6 D.va stack will destroy them.

I've seen that fail way too many times. But from my experience a full Torb team wasn't the worst, 3-4 Torb plus healer/tank was a much bigger problem.

xaosslug

how tf does someone gold in 2300SR range get matched opposite a season high 3000SR diamond (and fell into 2300SR range) fair? Blizz needs to figure some shit out. -__-

how tf does someone gold in 2300SR range get matched opposite someone with a season high 3000SR diamond (and fell into 2300SR range) fair? Blizz needs to figure some shit out. -__-

Ehh, what's the other option? That person with the season high can only be matched with people around his/her season high?

That seems less fair than matching folks based on their current standing.

LiK

I've seen that fail way too many times. But from my experience a full Torb team wasn't the worst, 3-4 Torb plus healer/tank was a much bigger problem.

How is that possible... People gotta boost in with DM on and it's done. It's only tough if they happen to have one Mercy there healing them and using rez. But if you coordinate and don't trickle in, it's a cinch.

cyborg009

Banned
It's just dumb that she never used it at all. Not even when the entire team was there on top of the payload capture point. She was just sitting in a corner shooting heals. But she kept rushing near Attack spawn and got killed multiple times so maybe that player is just an idiot. Even Gaffers on our team was asking why she kept getting herself killed at the start of the match.

Ah ok that makes more sense.

http://http://imgur.com/gallery/cMx2pYC/new
I think this is one of MANY flow charts. I remember there being gamemode specific charts, but this is pretty comprehensive.

Thanks

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My character selection process goes like this:
- Does my team lacks a tank? Pick Reinhardt
- Does my team lacks a healer? Pick Mercy
- Does my team lacks an attacker? Pick Pharah
- Does my team lacks a waifu? Pick Mercy or Pharah

duckroll

I used to care. But then I stopped caring, So my character selection process these days is like this:

- Open a bottle of vodka
- Pick Zenyatta
- Does my team lack a tank? Take a shot.
- Does my team lack a second healer? Take a shot.
- Does my team lack an attacker? Take a shot.
- Is my team 5 Hanzos? Empty the bottle.

How is that possible... People gotta boost in with DM on and it's done. It's only tough if they happen to have one Mercy there healing them and using rez. But if you coordinate and don't trickle in, it's a cinch.

No coordinatiom in my case, generally our team went full D.Va in response after seeing all those Torbs, but got destroyed most of the times. Hanamura is the perfect example, turrets have a lot of range and can be placed in very safe positions, ult charges really fast so there was always a molten core somewhere, it was a pain. This before the nerfs/buffs and 1-hero limit. Thankfully didn't have to pass through that experience again since then :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom