• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklin0

Banned
That feel when you play against a 4-man premade that demolishes your team, you get matched with them next game, they pick sym and bastion on attack, and you lose because they never switch out.

rz8Ct7s.png

Nimby

Banned
I played a game the other day with a 4 man stack against a Bastion 'pubstar' on Lijiang Tower. They played Pharah, Soldier 76, D.Va, and Zarya and they never killed the Bastion and he had 72 elims by the end of the game.

How is this possible? If a Bastion is on MY team, we get stomped. If a Bastion is on the other team, MY team is clueless and we get stomped.

I played a game the other day with a 4 man stack against a Bastion 'pubstar' on Lijiang Tower. They played Pharah, Soldier 76, D.Va, and Zarya and they never killed the Bastion and he had 72 elims by the end of the game.

How is this possible? If a Bastion is on MY team, we get stomped. If a Bastion is on the other team, MY team is clueless and we get stomped.
This always happens to me on Nepal. Why Nepal? Hell if I know. Bastions looove that map. Especially when I'm in it :p

BigDug13

Isnt 6 randoms against 2 randoms and two 2man teams a bit unfair?

Not necessarily. People grouping up will more likely stay in their little chat rooms with each other instead of entering team chat, so the 6 player randoms have a larger chance of being able to communicate.

Anyone on PS4 want to play competitive? Tired of playing with shitty teams. Just had a match where we couldn't take point A on King's Row, then successfully defended but at the last minute somebody left and we lost because we were overwhelmed 6-5. I'm so tired of this shit.

jorgejjvr

Anyone on PS4 want to play competitive? Tired of playing with shitty teams. Just had a match where we couldn't take point A on King's Row, then successfully defended but at the last minute somebody left and we lost because we were overwhelmed 6-5. I'm so tired of this shit.
im down psn: jorgejjvr

whats yours

Owzers

I went into the life of a solo-q, won my first game and decided that was a good time to break and charge my controller. I'm No. 1!

Got a FR from a random for being a good Junkrat. That's pretty cool.
It's nice that really only good things can come from people messaging you. If it's nice, you feel really good. If it's bad, you usually just find it hilarious because they got so salty and just go really far. Being called a "tryhard" or "total noob" always gets a good laugh out of me.

TBH, I never understood how being a tryhard is a bad thing, but whatever.

LiK

It's nice that really only good things can come from people messaging you. If it's nice, you feel really good. If it's bad, you usually just find it hilarious because they got so salty and just go really far. Being called a "tryhard" or "total noob" always gets a good laugh out of me.

TBH, I never understood how being a tryhard is a bad thing, but whatever.

yea, i used to get PSN msgs in S1 shitting on me for simply picking Junk...lol

Kito

It really irks me when someone says 'you're a good [insert hero]' and sends a friend request.

You're going to lose just as much if we play together. Matchmaking was kind and I just appeared to be good. I don't possess magic that makes me different. I don't have win rates above 55%.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It really irks me when someone says 'you're a good [insert hero]' and sends a friend request.

You're going to lose just as much if we play together. Matchmaking was kind and I just appeared to be good. I don't possess magic that makes me different. I don't have win rates above 55%.

Just take the compliment man.

I do get FR like that but more often than not it's with people I deem as doing good work too who just want to find other good people to reduce the dice roll that is solo queuing.

LiK

jesus, stop the self-loathing. they like you.

Just take the compliment man.

I do get FR like that but more often than not it's with people I deem as doing good work too who just want to find other good people to reduce the dice roll that is solo queuing.

yea, it's not unusual when randoms like how you play and wanna stick together. heard other Gaffers do that. personally, i never add randoms cuz i know i will never play with them again.

It irks you when people compliment you?

yea, it's not unusual when randoms like how you play and wanna stick together. heard other Gaffers do that. personally, i never add randoms cuz i know i will never play with them again.

I add them and still don't end up playing with them again lol

I just got Widow's SMOOTH AS SILK achievement with only 38 minutes of game time with her. Pretty pleased with that. lol.

Still have the get the other one for her, but that's a lot easier.

It's really annoying that one loss erases the progress of two wins.

I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing competitive in season 1. All I wanted to do was get to Platinum. Sigh.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I had my best night in solo queue competitive ever. Only lost one match.

I had this happen too.

I wish I was good at video editing so I could "Roundabout" it. :p

It's really annoying that one loss erases the progress of two wins.

I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing competitive in season 1. All I wanted to do was get to Platinum. Sigh.

I got right into Platinum and then fell back out due to too many consecutive losses. :|

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mmm, I keep hearing people say that, but my experience is that it's pretty even keeled throughout. Sometimes I even gain more than I lose. Like if I seem to outperform in a loss I'll only lose like 10SR. Most of the time though it's about 25SR either way.

I really think that it does take performances into account.

I feel like matchmaking with 3 is definitely the golden ticket.

Played tonight with some friends and when the 4th joined everything went downhill, after over an hour of great games.

LiK

2-3 man is the best scenario. i wish the game lets you limit how many people can join. i'll usually send a PSN msg to ask.

Soulflarz

Banned
Alternatively, 4th man didnt have as good teamwork with your group, always a possibility. I usually don't find 3-6 any diff, I think it has to do with "you can't control as many variables" in 6 man teams. Always been my issue if it arises. Or rather, if you had 3 and the 4th guy who threw you off was your third, your teamwork would still be shoddy, it's not the number that's the issue.

Happens a lot in team games. RL? Certain teams work a ton better together. Melee? Same thing.
No idea on most shooters though, I assume it's not very different in theory.

alternatively, 4th man didnt have as good teamwork with your group, always a possibility. I never really found 3-6 any diff, I think it has to do with "you can't control as many variables" in 6man teams
That's a possibility :p

The three of us are probably around the middle in terms of skill (we've never done ranked, but I can't imagine we'd be far outside average and I definitely don't think we're on the lower side) but we try and strategise with picks and watch each other's backs. Had some crazy successes holding down choke points with just the three of us - Zen (me), Ana and DVa. The randos would group around us which definitely helped but there was great synergy there, especially with the nanoboost + discord.

That said, it's not really too big of a deal, I don't mind losing. She's not a bad player either so I don't think it's her personal skills, we were probably just a little more relaxed by the time she came on.

Either way, I had some really amazing Zen play tonight, I feel like he finally clicked with me. Coming away from a game with gold damage, elims, and healing is a great feeling.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It really is. I wonder why...

I think it's a mixture of the matchmaking and also the actual synergy within a team. I notice a lot when people get bigger groups a lot of them kinda trip over similar roles, while if you 2-3 stack but cover different angles you can fill in more holes the randoms might not take. But if you go with 4-5 and three of the people basically always play DPS you're forcing the randoms to be support or tank and they might not be good/willing to do that, on top of matching against bigger teams that could be more coordinated.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think it's a mixture of the matchmaking and also the actual synergy within a team. I notice a lot when people get bigger groups a lot of them kinda trip over similar roles, while if you 2-3 stack but cover different angles you can fill in more holes the randoms might not take. But if you go with 4-5 and three of the people basically always play DPS you're forcing the randoms to be support or tank and they might not be good/willing to do that, on top of matching against bigger teams that could be more coordinated.

This. This. This. I'm assuming the majority of players aren't actually competent as Lucio, a character used in every comp- I know we can all play lucio if we have to, but we probably aren't going to get ~35% that a good lucio is supposed to be getting, and instead be closer to 25, or not speedboosting right. While we aren't harming our team, we definitely have roles we could be playing instead. Overlapping is an easy way to ruin your chances in the queue.

Nekrono

Finally getting good at aiming and flick shots. Once you actually learn to aim McCree is a beast!

Managed to get this POTG a few minutes ago, so rewarding even without the good'ol McCree ult

https://streamable.com/waxu

Don't know why my spray shows as the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom