• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISOM

This game is so frustrating when you play with people who do not communicate which is 99% of all matches.

I enjoy the moments when people ask to make sure you're in group voice but then don't speak or say anything at all. Like wtf was even the point of mentioning it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are there cheats that work that way?

The would have changed the game engine in a way that I'm not sure is possible?

Just caught a cheater Reaper who used Death Blossom twice in a row.

Reported.
How far apart were the two death blossoms? I've heard of people having similar things where they see two ults go off within a few seconds. I think that has something to do with lag or something.

Azoor

How far apart were the two death blossoms? I've heard of people having similar things where they see two ults go off within a few seconds. I think that has something to do with lag or something.

I think it was roughly 5 or 8 seconds. We were on Nepal and he used his ultimate on my team while I flying. When I landed he used it on me and another teammate.

aeYLWia.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Try going from 2007 to 987.

The game already told me I suck by placing me in gold now its just kicking my dead body.

・・・(;´Д`)

zoukka

I think it was roughly 5 or 8 seconds. We were on Nepal and he used his ultimate on my team while I flying. When I landed he used it on me and another teammate.

Did his first ult get cancelled, you can then ult again because you only lose a portion of the ult meter.

Shoutouts to the actual nice people on mic. Rather than complain and already make a miserable team feel terrible, last night I found a few dudes who were real chill and communicated wonderfully during the competitive matches.

I knew they'd be cool when all of a sudden we started talking about Mario Kart.

Biscuit and I got matched up with a guy who was 46 of top 500 for the region, played mostly Genji for his career.

The 2/2/2 wasn't being strictly adhered to, so he swapped off of Genji. Despite the fact that, when he was Genji, he was wrecking face. We won in the end, but it didn't need to be a 3-2 win on the worst of all goddamn maps, Nepal (competitive).

Please, folks. You don't need to follow the meta when you have characters that can off-heal and off-tank, as needed.

And I'm starting to think that maybe 2900 is exactly where the game wants me to be. I've been doing the 2850 -> 2920 shuffle for a bit. Better than the alternative of dropping below that, but just let me crack the 3k mark once. Once!

fhqwhgads

Do people just have no idea how to counter pick? Just lost to an all Mei team thanks to my teammates blindly charging in deciding that fighting Mei up close with characters that don't counter Mei was the best course of action. None of them attempted to change characters either.

Blues1990

Shoutouts to the actual nice people on mic. Rather than complain and already make a miserable team feel terrible, last night I found a few dudes who were real chill and communicated wonderfully during the competitive matches.

I knew they'd be cool when all of a sudden we started talking about Mario Kart.

I seriously need to get a microphone, as my other one went kaput. I've been eyeing on the Razer ManO’War headset, as that looks solid for my price range.

PatjuhR

I get extremely frustrated in QP in comparison with Competitive. Even though I don't care if I lose QP and I hate losing Competitive.

I just get frustrated by everything happening in there.

Ah, I wonder if my teammates in that last match were thinking that I was selfishly hoarding my revive for a clutch play, in reality I just kept getting fucked by a complete lack of assistance/defending meaning I was never actually around when everyone died.
GOOOOOOD TIMES!

LiK

raised my sensitivity to 50/50 with Hanzo and was doing way better. just need to practice more headshots but taking out Tracers with a regular shot was pretty fun.

Skii

I just realised that I only dropped 3 SR after losing with Jellie lol. I'm that far behind our average that the game doesn't expect me to do anything. I bet I tanked Jellie's SR haha.

Try going from 2007 to 987.

The game already told me I suck by placing me in gold now its just kicking my dead body.

・・・(;´Д`)

I can't even begin to imagine what the game is like down there. But some important questions:

1. Are there people with similar ranks or are you usually 100-200 off your team mates/opponents?

2. Does everyone pick Bastion, Torb, Widow, Symettra on attack?

3. Do you guys communicate?

You can't even party up with other gaffers at that rank lol.

Sorry guys i intentionally go into qp to play any character i feel like or just practice :3

Also its a good feeling when people send friend requests after you play a good game but i never do add anyone

The last time I added a random that I had good times with, the next time we partied up it turned out he was actually really toxic and awful, and he quit after we lost the first point. So I dropped him, reported him, and I'm not adding randoms again.

Why do people sleep on Bastion for DPS, slightly inferior Soldier 76 (which Bastion is still good at by the way) but can take down big defenses like Reinhardt's Shield, Winston's Barrier; Mei's Ice Walls like it's nobody's business with the turret mode?

He's becoming one of the heroes I pick often in ranked.

Antiwhippy

Why do people sleep on Bastion for DPS, slightly inferior Soldier 76 (which Bastion is still good at by the way) but can take down big defenses like Reinhardt's Shield, Winston's Barrier; Mei's Ice Walls like it's nobody's business with the turret mode?

Because he has no mobility, has a massive hitbox so he takes in all sorts of damage, and is also the priority no 1 whenever he's on the field.

Baleoce

Played against an extremely mobile Bastion the other day. Kept you guessing at where he was going to set up. Worked so well.

BigDug13

His hit box is nearly the size of Roadhog. By far the biggest and widest non-tank in the game. They need to fix the size of his recon mode to make him more viable in that mode.

Whoops, apparently quit too early post match and got hit with a ban, would've been nice if I got the warning message like you usually do.

On the other hand I was on a rapid decline so it's probably for the best

SR?

Auctopus

QP is pretty much unplayable atm. Every single match I play seems to have 5 Hanzos on my team or 3 Widowmakers. Not worth the time anymore.

That's interesting because I find that I have far better team dynamics, teammates and wins in QP.

Whereas (as I've said multiple times in this thread), I've only played 12 Ranked matches since getting Ranked and I've lost every single match mainly due to teammate inadequacy. I find Ranked a complete waste of time once you get Ranked.

Kouichi

I feel Bastion is in the same place as Symmetra where they're both good characters but only in very niche situations. I honestly think he also needs a buff but I'm not sure what I'd change to make him better. Perhaps increase the damage of recon to make it more reliable and used more often. I'm not entirely sure.

Or maybe him and Symmetra are just fundamentally niche defense characters, and only a big design overhaul could make them more viable in other areas.

Hero stacking does get annoying but it's sometimes fun. I dunno, I'm caught in between the topic.

I'm glad that it doesn't exist in Competitive Play, that's for sure.

Antiwhippy

I just got real sick of having to deal with 3 dragon blades simultaneously.

Also double winston still suuuuuuuuuucks.

Jellie

Anyone tried that paladin's game that seems really really similar to overwatch? Just got a pc but can't afford overwatch so if it's similar might play that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom