• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

aeYLWia.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

antitrop

Oh boy, sorry dude. I've had similar stuff happen. You really should quit for a while after 2 bad matches/ losses
They weren't bad matches, though. All of them were close and all of them I was doing extremely well for my role. I'm only taking a short break right now because my group split up, then I'm gonna go back to solo and try to get those points back.

I don't even really have anyone to blame, my groupmates were playing well, I was playing well, our randoms were playing well. They were all close games where the enemy team just barely outplayed us in each one. It's the complete stomps that make me go on tilt and there weren't any of those.

LiK

They weren't bad matches, though. All of them were close and all of them I was doing extremely well for my role. I'm only taking a short break right now because my group split up, then I'm gonna go back to solo and try to get those points back.

we should play again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One thing I would say though is that you seem to be dying a lot.

KDR isn't everything in overwatch but people underestimate the value of keeping yourself alive.

antitrop

One thing I would say though is that you seem to be dying a lot.

KDR isn't everything in overwatch but people underestimate the value of keeping yourself alive.

No lies. High elims, high damage, high deaths. I go full Rambo and it's been a noticeable flaw in my game for a looooonng time. I get tunnel vision a lot.

I also have a nasty habit of staying on the objective when I should be off of it, doing work from medium range. I have extremely high objective time with champs that shouldn't be on it as much as I am, like Zenyatta and Soldier:76.

Blizzard

Banned
The new brawl sounds somewhat amusing but I'm guessing people just pick meta champs.

I just had a satisfying ranked win where I got matched with premade 5 on my team, and lost 2 straight in KOTH. We came back to win 3-2. I had 48 elims, 4 golds and POTG with D.Va. It's nice to feel like you really pulled your weight, though it sucks having to work hard.

DevilDog

That sounds nice. I wouldn't mind getting someone here to play with me on the PC version.

name?

That 7 game losing streak took me from 2800 to 2585. :(

It's just endless 200 point swings in either direction. I was 2600 a few days ago. I'll probably be back to 2800 by tomorrow. And then I'll drop to 2600 a few days after that. And so on.

I went from 3170 to 2770 once, things can get much worse.

antitrop

Maybe they should actually add Deaths as a 6th medal. Gold for least, etc. It might be a good way to know if you're being overly aggressive.

KyleCross

We have any more news on Octoberfest/Halloween events? I'm itching to play but I can't cause I'm about to hit level 200 and I gotta hold on to those 22 quick boxes for the future event.

darklin0

Banned
Maybe they should actually add Deaths as a 6th medal. Gold for least, etc. It might be a good way to know if you're being overly aggressive.

I can see trolls use this as a defense.

"But I only died 0 times. You guys were just going in and dying!" -Some troll 2016

I would rather not have this.

cyborg009

Banned
aeYLWia.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UgW6qno.png

TBH all our games were extremely close expect that shutdown on Dorado against that damn McCeww

Not even going mention that failed final push on KOTH Lijiang Tower Night Market

edit: Who ever was that damn lucio we were playing against always time his ultimate with mines and pretty much made my job difficult.

So I am getting better with winston. Too bad widowmaker isnt more common as he is great against her

It's odd that winston destroys squishies but a reaper and mccree seem to destroy him. I need to be a little trickier With mccree but reaper is hard. Yet they are also some of the most common. I like destroying mercy, and hanzo.

On console it seems widowmaker is least popular along with bastion ana and hanzo. Weird since i see them so often.

I also got an amazing game with torb. Dude is surprisingly strong and I just love the turret

I think I need to try maining ana next. I enjoy maining mccree, reaper, Junkrat, and zen/mercy but I want to add torb, winston, and perhaps ana to my repertoire.

Im downright terrible with Reinhardt

PatjuhR

I think it was Kor who said this, but 6 randoms have a much better chance at having better communication because the two groups of 2 might be in group chat.

So really your team has the advantage here.

And again, it's impossible for MM to completely avoid these kind of match ups. There's nothing that can be done to change it. At least they made it to where it at least tries to have equal grouping.

Well. I was in the team with the 2 parties, and we indeed struggled to win, but we won it. We had no communication, but I can't say anything about that for the opposition tho. Altough generally on PS4 there is no voice chat aswell.

Does anybody else have the issue on PS4 of a not working chat? I couldn't use my down arrow for three games and halfway in the 4th it suddenly started working.

No voice lines, no emotes, but also not tactical commands.

Mutombo

Well. I was in the team with the 2 parties, and we indeed struggled to win, but we won it. We had no communication, but I can't say anything about that for the opposition tho. Altough generally on PS4 there is no voice chat aswell.

Does anybody else have the issue on PS4 of a not working chat? I couldn't use my down arrow for three games and halfway in the 4th it suddenly started working.

No voice lines, no emotes, but also not tactical commands.

PS4 automatic group chat never really works. I always have to switch to party chat in order to speak. I'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem, but I never really hear complaints because groups are pretty much always in party, i guess?

Had an awesome game with me and my friend in a group with 4 randoms, against a team that had groups of 2 and 4, even with similar portraits, which was quite intimidating.

Luckily, we had a team that called out ULTS and a few even switched characters. People never really switch characters.

I switched to a second healer, a Lucio, and toying around with speed boost made us suddenly really aggressive and after that we started winning. I even got hate messages which turned into compliments(?) from Germans who expect everybody speaks German.

Ah Overwatch. Some matches really give you that Dark Souls Boss Feeling. But bosses don't message you with compliments when they dead.

We had to stop our run yesterday because of the disconnects.

It's too much of a gamble to play comp when the server is doing wacky shit.

Do we know WHY these people are DDOSing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom