• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azoor

ICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICA6UEKPQms6CiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAsakKIQEJAQkBCQEJCTC4KICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgIDdHlkKTQpVCTU1NTU1CQEJAQkBOcgogICAgICAgICAgICAgICA6a0KSQpCIl01NT01PTU9NT01NTU2MQphCQEIxLAogICAgICAgICAgIDo1kUKNQphCiEJCTU1PTU9NT01PTU9NT01NipJuQm5CQEJCdS4KICAgICAgICA3MG6GlUKIQpJClEJYQkJPTU9NT01PTU9NT01NQk1QQphCiEJAQkBCQE5yCiAgICAgIEeYlpdCSiBpQohCh4ggIE9CTU9NT01PTU9NT01PTZYyICBCj0JAQi4gRUJAQkBTCiAgICAgIJKWQk2HR0pCVS4gIGlTdUKIT01PTU9NT01PTU9NTZdPVTE6ICAua0JMTYhNhkKXCiAgICAgIEKMTU1CmUIgICAgICAgN4hCQk1NT01PTU9NT01PQkKWOiAgICAgICBCh0JNTYhCCiAgICAgII2YiEKKQiAgICAgICAgIDeSlkBNTU9NT01PTU1AQkA6ICAgICAgICAgQEBCQEJACiAgICAgII+ST0xCLiAgICAgICAgICBCTkKPTU1PTU9NTY9CRUIgICAgICAgICAgckJqTYRCCiAgICAgIJBAICBAICAgICAgICAgICBNICBPQk9NT01NQHEgIE0gICAgICAgICAgLkAgIEBACiAgICAgIISVT3ZCICAgICAgICAgICBCOnWMTU1PTU9NTUJKaUIgICAgICAgICAgLkJ2TUBCCiAgICAgIIRCkUKYSiAgICAgICAgIDCRQpdNTU9NT01PTUKVQkB1ICAgICAgICAgcUBAQEJACiAgICAgIEKETUJCjHYgICAgICAgR4+LQk1NTU1NTU1NTU1NQkKINSAgICAgICBGhEJNTUBCCiAgICAgIIdCQk1/QlBOaSAgIExNRUKFT01NTU2PQoNNTU9NTYpCWk03ICAgckVxQodNQkKECiAgICAgIEKYloRCTSAgQm1ChEIgIHFCTU9NQpBChUKEQk1PTUJMICBCQEJAQiAgQEJAQkBNCiAgICAgICBKlm2GhFBCj0KEQplCN0eIT01CQi4gICAsQE1NTUBxTEJAQkBAQEJxQkBCQnYKICAgICAgICAgIGlHQpUsaTCETZZCbk1NT4tFICA6ICBNQE9NTUBAQEJAUGlpQEBOOgogICAgICAgICAgICAgLiAgIEKXTZBCj01NTUBCQEJAQkBNTU1AQEBNQEIKICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICBAQkBCLmlATUJCQEJAQkBAQk1AOjpCQEJACiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgQkBAQCAuQkBCLjpAQkAgOkJAQiAgQEJATwogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgOjAgckBCQCAgQkBAIC5AQkA6IFA6CiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgdk1CIDpAQkAgOkJPNwogICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAsQkBCCg==▌

This code appeared just now on that overwatch website page.

This is fucking dumb, I'm just gonna wait for a trailer. Youtube is going to be filled with a TON of click-bait videos, so I guess I'll just wait for the playoverwatch channel to update.

Not even sure what the ps4 patch did.
No new patch notes, no brawl trophies, no...nothing.

There are some weird visual glitches that I didn't see before the the latest patch.

Mei's gun is missing effects
Various character goggle effects missing for characters (I kind of would like to keep hipster tracer).
Probably more obscure missing effects...

Jellie

Amomentincrime.com is at 100%.

Now what?

tumblr_lrnl3bf8Dd1qeo73ro1_400.gif

I guess everybody assumed that if they were going to finish the last countdown with a month-long countdown, there would be something at the end.

Imagine if, instead of teasing with a picture and then 24 hours later revealing RDR2, Rockstar instead made a cryptic message board post with a 24 hour countdown, then at the end of the countdown a link to a website with another countdown and a reference to John Marston showed up, and then after a month when the countdown ended the website updated to say "There's a snake in my boots!" and that's it.

Seriously, what was Blizzard thinking?

Scratches

Neo Member
Maybe Sombra just pretends to be other classes or "shields" other classes, like you see a Reaper heading your way and you get your game face on and then all of a sudden you get hooked. That'd be cool.

Now that you mentioned it, there was an item (Trickster's Glass) added during a League of Legends event that made something similar:
"Teleports to the target allied champion and takes on their appearance for 30 seconds. The disguise includes the target's current health, mana and emotes. The disguise is broken upon casting a spell or attacking, or upon your or the disguise's health being dropped to 0."

It was pretty fun so I'd really like to see a mechanic like that in this game :c

There are some weird visual glitches that I didn't see before the the latest patch.

Mei's gun is missing effects
Various character goggle effects missing for characters (I kind of would like to keep hipster tracer).
Probably more obscure missing effects...

All of that's been happening since the Halloween patch hit.

Azoor

I think Blizzard announced her way too soon just to tell people that there are heroes coming and the knew they were too slow to put new content up.

All of that's been happening since the Halloween patch hit.

I worded it incorrectly, I meant to say that these glitches happened with the Halloween patch, maybe the new patch was to fix these glitches.

I think Blizzard announced her way too soon just to tell people that there are heroes coming and the knew they were too slow to put new content up.

For sure, I think they thought their ARG would take us a month or two to complete, just in time for a proper reveal. Instead, they underestimated their fan base and the level of dedication they would take to crack the code. They did it well in advance and the only thing they could do is basically say that Sombra has to lie low for a bit (apparently a whole month).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Sombra stuff is honestly going to go down as one of the worst marketing campaigns in video games that I can think of

like Dead Space 2 'NOT FOR YOUR MOM' levels of annoying their fanbase

NeoRaider

Anyone got same Legendary Halloween skin 3 or more times??
I am really trying not to think about that but i am pissed off, i am still missing Mercy and Road. Halloween loot boxes look like a scum to me.

The Sombra stuff is honestly going to go down as one of the worst marketing campaigns in video games that I can think of

like Dead Space 2 'NOT FOR YOUR MOM' levels of annoying their fanbase

I'm wading my way through the awful battle.net forums just for a hint of a developer comment. Something, anything. I know the whole ARG think is that it's Sombra and not them but honestly I don't think a single person is still having fun with this. Just come out and say something, the radio silence is so annoying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hopefully the Doomfist reveal will start with a computer with some obscure code followed by Doomfist smashing it into pieces and saying 'Out now'

I'm wading my way through the awful battle.net forums just for a hint of a developer comment. Something, anything. I know the whole ARG think is that it's Sombra and not them but honestly I don't think a single person is still having fun with this. Just come out and say something, the radio silence is so annoying.

At this point, I expect Sean Murray to come out of hiding and reveal Sombra on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom