• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plesiades

UBT48sG.png

Blizzard... What have you done?!

Nazo

I'm just messing with you. I still think it's crap that his ballerina twirl goes in a cylinder pattern instead of a circle.

At least Reapers makes slightly more sense since its bullet based. Its always made a degree of sense to me but I totally get where you're coming from.

Redmoon

Heh. A reddit post about the way blizz handled Sombra made it to #1 thread on Reddit. I know its reddit and all, but it kinda does echo mostly everyone's feelings right now about the whole thing.

So instead of buying the GOAT Witch Mercy skin (the one I specifically was hoping we'd get) with the 3500 gold I have, I got everyone else's Halloween costumes.

I was gonna buy loot boxes on payday but I just realized how bad of a move that was.

So uh, I just started playing this game today and and I feel like an idiot for ignoring it for so long. Very happy to see I'm actually quite useful during matches too.

Anybody have any good tips for beginners? I am using Bastion the most right now. Which healer is good to start with?

Jellie

So uh, I just started playing this game today and and I feel like an idiot for ignoring it for so long. Very happy to see I'm actually quite useful during matches too.

Anybody have any good tips for beginners? I am using Bastion the most right now. Which healer is good to start with?

Lucio would be the easiest and most useful for your team. He is easy to pick up but does require skill to master.
Ana is probably the best healer/support but is the hardest to use effectively.
Zenyatta is also pretty good to try out but his healing isn't as effective but is able to do damage too.
I don't really play mercy much so can't really talk much about her. She heals, then when her ult is ready hides before the big fight in order to rez.

Rize_21

After this fiasco, I expect Blizzard to close shop soon. A company cannot come back from this disaster.

Closing shop I don't know, but once Doomfist will get his glorious hype about to start, Sombra will be long forgotten, like Widowmaker/ Symmetra forgotten.

Tovarisc

• Lucio and Zen are most asked for healers by people, usually. So look into those two.
  • Don't get too attached to Bastion because at higher levels of play he will lose usability a lot and turn from killer to easy target. He has his uses and moments, but those are rarer and you need to know when it's and isn't.
  • From assaults something like Soldier or Reaper should get your toes wet as easy introductions to those roles. Cree is good hero to start practicing when comfortable with aiming in general and really want to learn to aim.
  • From tanks Rein and Zarya are very go-to these days by tank players. Rein being easier to get into and do okay with where Zarya requires quite a bit more game sense because of barrier mechanics.
  • Move, move and move. Learn to stay in motion and try not to move in predictable patterns. Heroes like Cree, Hanzo and Widownmaker can make your life miserable if they can land easy headshots on you.
  • Positioning. Depending on your role you need to position yourself in certain ways in relation to rest of your team. It's something that develops over time as you get more comfortable with game. Basically keep thinking where to be in order to be most efficient in your role while maintaining survability. You can do OVER 9000! damage, but that does little good if you get isolated and die far out from core of team.

HMD

God.... dammit, near constant losing streak since I got to my season high, with only 2 wins since then.

And I still keep on getting useless crap from my halloween boxes?

I got placed at 2801, lost two games and won one. ended up losing like a hundred and gaining something like 15 from the win. I have no idea how this works but it's so stupid.

Wish people with bad networks didn't play ranked. Steamrolled the first round and lost the 2nd because someone disconnected for like 90% of the match.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
James Kaplan, please commit sudoku.
Omg I literally lol'D for like a minute

Wish people with bad networks didn't play ranked. Steamrolled the first round and lost the 2nd because someone disconnected for like 90% of the match.
This is why I stopped, at least until I can Mediacom to fix whatever is causing me to lose connection every five minutes.

If Blizzard wants to maintain any type of community they need to apologise NOW. I don't care what time it is, Blizzard need to get out in front of this and apologise to gamers everywhere for misleading us.

Jellie

The worst I've had was with Lik back on PS4 where a guy disconnected and reconnected about 5 times throughout the match. It even went to sudden death and he got disconnected. Pretty sure he was Zarya too so no graivtons the whole game.
We won, the other team was awful.

Tovarisc

If Blizzard wants to maintain any type of community they need to apologise NOW. I don't care what time it is, Blizzard need to get out in front of this and apologise to gamers everywhere for misleading us.

They won't lose whole community over this, but they should kill ARG now and just roll out actual info drops on Sombra from appearances to skills to role. Maybe even give tentative date for PTS roll out. Would be best way to salvage this.

They won't lose whole community over this, but they should kill ARG now and just roll out actual info drops on Sombra from appearances to skills to role. Maybe even give tentative date for PTS roll out. Would be best way to salvage this.

Looks like you need to brush up on your gaf lore.

Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the outcome tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck isn't Sombra out? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Sombra to be released and fix this broken game. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought her countdown was done???? This is so fucked.

The worst I've had was with Lik back on PS4 where a guy disconnected and reconnected about 5 times throughout the match. It even went to sudden death and he got disconnected. Pretty sure he was Zarya too so no graivtons the whole game.
We won, the other team was awful.

Worst part is we would have won handily if he didnt . Pushed the first point with 5 minutes to spare, managed to hold them to 12 seconds on Defense, then just failed on Offense the 3rd time with our 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom