• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
[player leaves halfway through placement match, match is counted as a loss]

okay

[player leaves during setup of next placement match, it just shuts the match down]

okay

[game suddenly freezes up and logs out of battlenet because i pressed the screenshot button (????!??!) during setup of next placement match, it counts as a loss and a leaver penalty]

okay

i think i'm done here

HMD

Remember this?

CmsjJH1UMAEcsVT.jpg

And then a week or two later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQF6eczCtvo

Bam she's on PTR.

That's how you do it.

Maybe it's because of how simple Ana was to implement as a character? no complex abilities or completely new effects.

Maybe Sombra is a very disruptive character with the all the supposed cloaking abilities and her balancing is taking them a while? Maybe they're creating a counter for her or something.

Just wishful thinking.

okay

[player leaves during setup of next placement match, it just shuts the match down]

okay

[game suddenly freezes up and logs out of battlenet because i pressed the screenshot button (????!??!) during setup of next placement match, it counts as a loss and a leaver penalty]

okay

i think i'm done here

Competitive is absolutely plagued with quitters. It sucks.

Lemstar

The fact of the matter is 10 games is not nearly enough to determine your true skill rank. There are too many factors that can change on a per game basis for 10 games to be sufficient.

I know Blizzard wants to make the system accessible and easy to get in to but honestly it should probably be at least 25 - 50 games before you are assigned an actual skill rank. I think I would prefer such a system and my guess is that after placement folks would find a little more consistency in their season then they do right now after just 10 games.
it's not just the number of placement matches, it's the time spent playing

dota 2 requires you to play unranked for about 60 hours before you're eligible to do your 10 calibration matches (compared to 1-25 in overwatch, which takes something like 20 hours), and those 60 hours are spent playing the actual 5v5 format, not the waste of time that quick play is

it might not be a surprise to hear that calibrations are generally pretty accurate

Yeah this is what I have been saying as well, I placed in gold but people are saying that my current 1400s rank is where I should be. Blizzard needs to adjust their system so it doesn't place people higher than they should be, so they actually have a chance to advance from where they started instead of just going down all the time.
A winrate of 42% at 1500 isn't exactly indicative of you being underrated - it's more suggestive that you're still overrated. Stop fretting over imaginary ranking points and focus on getting better instead so that you can get out of there organically.

Azoor

okay

okay

okay

i think i'm done here

Quitters are the worst...

shenze

Banned
I may have been banned, but I have my ways <_<
dont ban this account, I'm sorry ): it's a friends account that he never uses

Also, I saw that Buttchin <_<

Against the rules?

If so, then I'll be back in a month.

It's gonna be one looong month.

You got a month for that? Damn. I thought they were just trying to set a precedent, nothing you said was that bad imo. Thought it would be a week or two.

See you in a month, you shall be missed.

Keep in touch on PSN

shenze

Banned
I guess it is against the rules.

If any mods see this, please don't ban my friends account, I didn't know of this rule. Sorry, I won't post anymore with this account.

eek5

okay

okay

okay

i think i'm done here

Leavers are brutal. I don't mind #2 but #1 is annoying especially if you manage to win. The one time we managed to win 5v6 I only got 20 points. Brutal.

matmanx1

it's not just the number of placement matches, it's the time spent playing

dota 2 requires you to play unranked for about 60 hours before you're eligible to do your 10 calibration matches (compared to 1-25 in overwatch, which takes something like 20 hours), and those 60 hours are spent playing the actual 5v5 format, not the waste of time that quick play is

it might not be a surprise to hear that calibrations are generally pretty accurate

Oh wow. I did not know that but I respect that dota 2 requires that much unranked play AND in the 5 v 5 format before they will let you calibrate. If Blizzard did something closer to this (and we still need that unranked mode that uses the ranked play rule set) then the whole competitive experience would be improved.

Mendrox

Watching sters stream and when he watched the scoreboard there is a skull in the background? Was that always like this? Am I misseing things? It's the Overwatch Logo right?

Edit: It's always in the background from the stream. I am stupid.

NeoRaider

So what exactly happened after that site hit 100%?

That "glitch" on Bastion page? And that's it? Anything else?

Honestly i'm starting to believe that RD2 announcement ruined their plans.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Honestly it's their own fault. I really have no idea what their plan was....make hype? I haven't been following the ARG at all and I'm still annoyed that nothing has come out of this. Like seriously release a trailer or the damn character or something already.

The OW forums are literally exploding with spam. Pretty awesome. Blizzard has to realize this has been a shit show,

Just took a look at the OW forums - Jesus it's just nothing but pages and pages about complaining about Sombra.

I really hope at some point in the future, an interviewer asks someone on the Overwatch team what the hell they were doing with this.

LiK

I really don't understand why Blizzard teased Sombra for so fucking long. If they're gonna do this for every hero, no one will give a crap anymore.

Owzers

70% of me has mostly ignored the Sombra stuff, I want new characters asap and I'm ready for another one, but I don't get caught up in hype schemes. 30% of me is annoyed at how poorly blizzard is handling their hype scheme, it's pathetic.

Tovarisc

So what exactly happened after that site hit 100%?

That "glitch" on Bastion page? And that's it? Anything else?

Honestly i'm starting to believe that RD2 announcement ruined their plans.

Few lines about hacking Bastion and hint at game version. Thats it.

Glitch on Bastion page was fake out, transition paused at perfect time. afaik.

Also I honestly don't think RDR2 announcement ruined or changed anything at Blizzards end. When you look at how GAF, Reddit and official forums are taking this turn of events with ARG you know there was a lot hype, eyes and expectations on this. OW community wants new permanent content and announcing some game that is year out doesn't change that.

Mik317

I really don't understand why Blizzard teased Sombra for so fucking long. If they're gonna do this for every hero, no one will give a crap anymore.

People keep saying this.

They also said it when the shit countdown started.

and they will say it the next shit reveal scheme (although hopefully there isn't any...pls).

Once the character or whatever the fuck this is, is here...no one is going to really care about the reveal process, they might be let down with the eventual thing but then they will move onto the next.

zoukka

Like I said once, they jumped to the fan hypetrain too early. People wanted to see Sombra everywhere and Blizzard should've just stayed silent, but they saw the organic hype and decided to fan the flames.

Owzers

People keep saying this.

and they will say it the next shit reveal scheme (although hopefully there isn't any...pls).

Once the character or whatever the fuck this is, is here...no one is going to really care about the reveal process, they might be let down with the eventual thing but then they will move onto the next.
I will remember.

LiK

People keep saying this.

Like I said once, they jumped to the fan hypetrain too early. People wanted to see Sombra everywhere and Blizzard should've just stayed silent, but they saw the organic hype and decided to fan the flames.

Hopefully the 3rd new hero will just pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom