• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Seriously, fuck is with people in Plat? People are constantly shifting blame, talking trash about teammates, telling people to go kill themselves, doing intentional troll swaps mid-round that cost usually whole game etc. Didn't see fuckery like that in 2300's where people legit at least tried and recognized own shortcoming more often than not.

antitrop

"There aren't any Symmetra changes for this patch. Her changes ended up being much more significant and require more time to finish up, but shes feeling pretty great internally so hopefully we can get her out there pretty soon."

Good

LiK

Seriously, fuck is with people in Plat? People are constantly shifting blame, talking trash about teammates, telling people to go kill themselves, doing intentional troll swaps mid-round that cost usually whole game etc. Didn't see fuckery like that in 2300's where people legit at least tried and recognized own shortcoming more often than not.

mute everyone.

As someone tryin to hit plat, this is quite discouraging. I was hoping it was jus a gold or lower thing.

Just teamed up with someone on comp that refused to pick a tank or support and thought attack bastion would be better than a 2nd healer, leaving me solo healing as Lucio. Ruined my win streak too.

Sigh. I hit a new record on healing with him at least, for such a short match.

Skii

I hope they test out some Genji buffs in the PTR. He definitely needs a little extra as he's become one of the weaker DPS characters.

exYle

I've been fortunate to have avoided that so far. Played with a mic last night and had some very friendly people queue up with me.

I'm really not sure, in this game the tides turn at any given second, there's no point in blaming anyone regardless of the "worthless" picks or skill level. What get's me slightly irratated is when the random teammate gives up 3/4 of the way and just trolls, usually followed by spamming "Thanks!" until the enemy team reaches the destination. What's the point of giving up in this game... ever? If you're getting steamrolled it will happen quick enough anyway, but if not there's a chance for a comeback or at least not giving the other team a quick win.

Tovarisc

I'm really not sure, in this game the tides turn at any given second, there's no point in blaming anyone regardless of the "worthless" picks or skill level. What get's me slightly irratated is when the random teammate gives up 3/4 of the way and just trolls, usually followed by spamming "Thanks!" until the enemy team reaches the destination. What's the point of giving up in this game... ever? If you're getting steamrolled it will happen quick enough anyway, but if not there's a chance for a comeback or at least not giving the other team a quick win.

Today got one amazing win. On 3rd round of Gibraltar my team had 1min + OT, we cleared 2 checkpoints and got within 10m of last. Enemy team had 5 minutes, we denied them hard and they never got to 1st checkpoint. We were serious underdogs going in, but managed to keep it together and moral high.

me: *turns on PC version once*

oc7GPlB.png

ok so back to ps4

Just had a teammate rage on everyone for shooting a Mei ice wall, sayin it builds up her Ult. A couple of us were like, no bro it doesn't.

Calls us dumb fucks, and the reason she keeps Ulting and killing him. So we're like, wutever fuck him.

Who was right? Does it charge her Ult?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yes. I imagine doing something like PTR is quite challenge on consoles because platform holders want cert patches and it can take while / patch.

It took forever for CTE for Battlefield to hit. MS and Sony want to make sure your console doesn't break or whatever despite the companies making you sign a "wavier" saying you know the risks.

Anyway, reached 25. Unlocked competitive and... it isn't for me. Needing to be something other than Bastion is painful.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
me: *turns on PC version once*

oc7GPlB.png

ok so back to ps4

Can't stand the thought of people not finding mei attractive eh.

Just had a teammate rage on everyone for shooting a Mei ice wall, sayin it builds up her Ult. A couple of us were like, no bro it doesn't.

Calls us dumb fucks, and the reason she keeps Ulting and killing him. So we're like, wutever fuck him.

Who was right? Does it charge her Ult?

No.

The only, ONLY, reason why my team won a single round on Lijang, was because their Tracer went on tilt and went Mei.

If this game is trying to make my win loss ratio 1:1, then it's doing a damn fine job...... even if it's been pissing me off to no end with this +10 losing streak over the past few days.

Today got one amazing win. On 3rd round of Gibraltar my team had 1min + OT, we cleared 2 checkpoints and got within 10m of last. Enemy team had 5 minutes, we denied them hard and they never got to 1st checkpoint. We were serious underdogs going in, but managed to keep it together and moral high.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm saying, what's the point of just quitting and trolling when there's ALWAYS a chance to win? If I had to break it down, I would say that 1 out of 10 games, there's always that one guy who just blames/trolls everyone. While it doesn't happen often, I can see it hurting many players' experience, especially in the low rank tiers where people tend to be new to the game.

For myself, I'm trying to get past the point of blaming anyone (myself included) and making picks that can help the team succeed rather than just myself. That being said, I'll still do the "fuck it no healer" picks when things seem to be not working.

Real talk, all the gals in Overwatch are super cute.

They could all get it, even Ana.

The dudes ain't so bad either, 'cept hog. I ain't down for that much hog.

Skii

One of the best Genji players in the world is still good with Genji shocker! But it's not like Genji carried his team to the finals like Reaper and McCree did for Rogue and Lunatic.

The best buff they could give Genji is to give triple jump back and let the final swing in dragon blade play out even if the 6 second duration expires. It's ridiculous that he sheathes the sword mid swing which makes you a sitting duck to the enemy you're attacking.

Fancolors

Man, I don't know if I'm just lucky or if it's because I'm in the South American servers, but I never had the 'teammate rages and troll picks Sym for the rest of the match' thing ever happening to me. Sure, there are toxic assholes, but they usually tryhard with a DPS and proceed to die alone. At worst they just quit.

I'm at low plat, so maybe it will happen more if I climb?

Antiwhippy

I'm not sure what to think about genji at this point, but that video doesn't prove much.
It may look impressive but it isn't as high impact as you think.

I mean if you watched the whole series it is about as high impact as it looked.

Haksal was pretty well supported but his aim and ability to prioritise targets dismantled reunited.

I honestly think that if they figured out how to neuter nano-blossom, which teams are getting increasingly consistent at countering, the dps classes would be in a pretty good place honestly. Maps where mobility and verticality are important = genii and pharah. Maps where the team can get into an initially strong position = mccree and reaper

Antiwhippy

Like honestly, i think genji is still pretty good, it's just that he's map dependant, which i feel is how every dps character should be balanced at.

Antiwhippy

But that's good though, is been the longest that the meta has been in flux that i can remember.

The Zen Deathball meta got figured out pretty quickly, but for this one people still aren't sure if 3 tanks is the best, Beyblade is the best, or you just have to flex according to the situation. Like last night tviq played like reaper, Hanzo, genji, mei, junkrat and bastion all in one series. That's crazy flexibility.

And he won a map alone with his pharah play during the apac grand finals.

He might be the best flex in the game currently.

Kiro

PTR changes? Interesting. Bastion can now be a plane... and a submarine.

Next week for me is my reading week and plan to play a bunch to prestige and get halloween loot and also acquire the platinum trophy. If anyone wants to join me this Friday til the following Sunday...

PSN: Kiro21-

All are welcome.

Opened a halloween box with a gold and purple, and not one of em was halloween loot :(

Whats the math involved with loot anyway? Is it completely RNG or are there other background things going on?

DevilDog

Thankfully the meta has stabilized a bit. Remember this monstrocity?

PTR changes? Interesting. Bastion can now be a plane... and a submarine.

Next week for me is my reading week and plan to play a bunch to prestige and get halloween loot and also acquire the platinum trophy. If anyone wants to join me this Friday til the following Sunday...

PSN: Kiro21-

All are welcome.

Inb4 they make bastion's ultimate a mine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom