• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erheller

I went from 2400 to 1800 over the course of two days. I was losing 60+ rank per loss by the end of that losing streak.

I'm not even mad. It's kind of liberating knowing that I'll never reach platinum now, haha.

Messi

Will the Blizzcon stuff on the Blizzard store go on general sale after the event? I would like to buy that Tracer jacket.

Losing streaks are wutever to me in comp, they only bother me when they happen because of trolls and quitters.

I don't even play QP anymore because hero stacking is retarded. My 10 yr old son has a blast in it tho...he loves when it's all one hero teams against another.

So yeah, I've had bad losing streaks in comp.

I keep playing tho because the game is fun as hell, and I can tell I'm improving as an individual.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
PTR change

Bastion can now move slowly while in turret form, he can eat a sandwich and says '01001001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100011 01110100 01101111 01110010 ' to Mercy

exYle

Well, you're not wrong.

I tend to get more upset at really subtle design flaws with maps/heroes/etc or people just being outright assholes.

Doesn't help that some people I play comp with often take it way too seriously and start stressing me out.

They know who they are.

I'm chill, right?

Right?

XenoRaven

There should be a tip in the game that says this:

"If you are playing Pharah and your only healer is a Lucio, do not go way ahead of him and then spam "I need healing!" when you inevitably get destroyed."

Junkenstein's Revenge on Easy - the only time I will ever get 4 Gold Medals as McCree.

Got a Legendary in my loot box, too!
It was Froggy Winston - a duplicate. :(

komaruR

after playing so much hanzo on the brawls, i was doing decent in qp. was getting gold elim until near end of the match(lost gold by a couple kill). brawl teach me well on scatter arrow and leading my shots as hanzo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rocket jumping nano boosted bastion is probably the game distilled into its most fun moment

rocket jumping and shooting a midair pharah while midair yourself, showing pharah who the true soldier is. so good.

Salarians

Always fun harassing the enemy Mercy as Mercy, they almost never know what to do. Also had a Zarya run straight toward me, head first into my pistol shots. Fun times.

XenoRaven

I have always wanted to do this.

rUB5rNzyhgGME.gif

Owzers

I need to practice tracer ult aiming, I have it on triangle still which makes aiming and using it difficult and I often come up empty

Tracer ult tips?

Did all the hardcore players switch over to Battlefield 1? I got back to back PoG as Pharah which hasn't happened since launch week. They were pretty boring too so I was shocked to see it come up both times. Also didn't have any quitters tonight so it was a god night all around.

Maybe in a few weeks with both BF1 and CoD out enough hardcore players will be gone that I cane really moves up the ranks. Ha!

I mapped mine to L2. Makes it easier to aim. I'm pretty bad with it honestly, but getting better.
Oh yeah that's smart since L1 is already used for Blink.

So far I have had to change quite a few heroes options or controls on PS4 to optimize them better.

Off the top of my head

- jacked Winston's sensitivity way up to make it easier to aim leaps, precision aiming isn't important with him so it doesn't affect his weapon fire

- changed Pharah's jump to L2 so I can easily hover and normally jump while still being able to aim,something that wasn't possible with it on X

- changed Lucio's jump to L1 so I can wall run and aim, changed his switch thingy to x

- changed Genji's jump to L1 so I can double jump and aim. His slash forward is now R1 and deflect is X.

- For Mercy I changed revive to left on the D-pad so weapon switching could be moved to triangle so I can easily swap between doing damage and support. I also made her beam a toggle instead of a hold which makes it less annoying to play as her and I can also turn around and assess the area without losing my beam easier. Finally I set her "guardian angel prefers beam target" off so I don't have any issues when trying to flee

I'm positive there were a few more but I'm blanking on them. Hopefully these can help out a few console players who haven't changed things around yet.

Edit: the only other thing I did was turn on allied health bars for any hero with a group healing ability so I could see when other players needed healing

I-hate-u

I doubt there is much playerbase crossover between OW and BF/COD.

OW will still be the most sold FPS of the year, and will have the most current active users going into next year.

That is unless Blizzard screws up things pretty hard.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Even if it's sombra time they're going to release it on the PC before consoles.

Which is another wrinkle in that console folks will have to wait while PC peeps test out sombra in PTR.

XenoRaven

I just kind of use L2 as my default button to switch to when I need to switch buttons around. I use it for:

Tracer ult
Lucio jump
Pharah jump/hover
Mercy weapon switch

It's easier for me to remember one button being the "I switched something to this" button.

I just kind of use L2 as my default button to switch to when I need to switch buttons around. I use it for:

Tracer ult
Lucio jump
Pharah jump/hover
Mercy weapon switch

It's easier for me to remember one button being the "I switched something to this" button.
Oh damn I forgot that Mercy doesn't use L2. I'll switch her ult to that then since triangle makes more sense for weapon switching

Edit: actually nvm L2 makes weapon switching for her easier

Veelk

Banned
I think we can conclude that using Tracer at all is both weird and unnatural and would not be accepted in a truly just and civil society.

Idk. Holding the controller with a finger on L1 by default feels fucking weird.
Oh I thought there was an actual reason lol.

I just think of it as the same thing as to why bumper jumper was so popular for Halo.

Same reason why Pharah's boost is set to L1 and why I mapped Genji's jump to L1 and Lucio's jump to L1.

Oh I thought there was an actual reason lol.

I just think of it as the same thing as to why bumper jumper was so popular for Halo.

Same reason why Pharah's boost is set to L1 and why I mapped Genji's jump to L1 and Lucio's jump to L1.
I also have Genji jump on L1. Blink never felt to me like a dodge or a jump. It's a way of life.
I usually hold the button.

It's worth noting that I'm not good with McCree.
Huh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom