• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
A squeaker going Genji and Widowmaker, complaining about Mercy never healing them as they charge head first into the second point of Hanamura.

Why me?

Edit: The really good teammates I had last match are now my enemies, pls

Thankfully the meta has stabilized a bit. Remember this monstrocity?

Inb4 they make bastion's ultimate a mine again.

As someone who never played any of the beta versions, it's always interesting to see how things changed. Like changing from pillars around the point on Lijiang to one solid wall.

And Genji having 250 HP? Jesus that's unthinkable after playing the released version.
EDIT: Oh that's Symmetra giving him an extra 50. Hm. I guess the unthinkable thing is a pro team actually playing Symmetra.

Moonkeis

Rein is the best stress reliever. I'm not one to charge all over the place, but when the opportunity is right, it's whack a mole time.

DevilDog

As someone who never played any of the beta versions, it's always interesting to see how things changed. Like changing from pillars around the point on Lijiang to one solid wall.

And Genji having 250 HP? Jesus that's unthinkable after playing the released version.
EDIT: Oh that's Symmetra giving him an extra 50. Hm. I guess the unthinkable thing is a pro team actually playing Symmetra.

They just removed the pillars, the walls are still there.

Symmetra was used purely to put shields on genji and tracer. Noone actually cared about anything else.

From the beta, by far the most interesting thing was bastion. From having a shield and 180 degrees turning to no shield and 360. He didn't even have tank form back them. He used a remote controlled mine that he would place somewhere, then people would walk in and once it was activated it would turn into a reaper ult basically.

Holy shit found it Old bastion ult

Oh and also mercy's voice was absolutely god tier, then they changed the voice actress.

This happened last night and it went about as well as you would expect...

CvF7BD2WIAQ_8kM.jpg

"There aren't any Symmetra changes for this patch. Her changes ended up being much more significant and require more time to finish up, but shes feeling pretty great internally so hopefully we can get her out there pretty soon."

Good

I'll believe it when I see it. They thought she was fine for the longest time, even on offense.

Nimby

Banned
One of the best Genji players in the world is still good with Genji shocker! But it's not like Genji carried his team to the finals like Reaper and McCree did for Rogue and Lunatic.

The best buff they could give Genji is to give triple jump back and let the final swing in dragon blade play out even if the 6 second duration expires. It's ridiculous that he sheathes the sword mid swing which makes you a sitting duck to the enemy you're attacking.

Besides Reaper getting inflated used with Ana, Genji feels pretty well balanced atm. Him, McCree, and Tracer are what DPS should be pick wise, the only DPS who need some love are Pharah and desperately Soldier. And the defense heroes besides Mei.

Auto climb walls: yay or nay?

Also, what do you console guys bind your jump button to?
Mines a bit complex but bear with me

I moved abilities that were on L1 to R1, because generally they needed to be aimed

Then I swapped X and L1, with jump being on L1. Works perfectly imo because the abilities that were originally on R1, then moved to L1, then swapped, generally don't need precise aim.

Also yes to auto climb.

Prelude.

Man, I had a match on Anubis where we won the first round with an absolute snowball stomp (I think we had like 5:40 left) so, probably, most of our team lowered their guard for the next ones since we pretty much lost because of a Widow left unattended. I was Winston for the majority of the game, but then someone "stole" my spot as a mobile tank and went D.Va so I thought he'd deal with that Widow since she kept killing us without us being able to reach her, but nope, D.Va never got to her, and it was too late at that point.
I'm not sure why some people change role without consulting the team when they're at an insane advantage. Our healers duo was also not ideal since we had Mercy+Lucio on defense but still, that Widow was the main cause of our defeat.

I can't remember, what were the changes that were being tossed around?
Like aoe healing and stuff, but iirc they said they didn't work out. So, maybe they'll have something new for her in the PTR since they were looking into her abilities.

I get a loot box and I see a legendary.

It's coins...

Oh well, at least it gives me the 3000 coins needed for Mercy. Will buy near the end of the event if a box doesn't give it.

duckroll

"There aren't any Symmetra changes for this patch. Her changes ended up being much more significant and require more time to finish up, but shes feeling pretty great internally so hopefully we can get her out there pretty soon."

Good

Wait, is this for console only or are they really revamping Symmetra as a character?!

GUYS! GUYS!

I FINALLY FUCKING DID IT! FINALLY!

Man I had to fight tooth and nail for it and the game clearly is taunting me by giving me exactly 2500 points, but goddamn is it worth it to finally see that Platinum symbol.

Now I have a guaranteed golden gun at the end of the season, and everything else is cake. Competitive is no longer stressful - I doubt I'm going to get anywhere close to Diamond this season so it's not a goal - I'm just playing for fun now.

Jesus, I almost had a heart attack the last match because my team went 3 DPS, Symmetra, and Mercy on Defense when we didn't quite make it to the second point on Eichenwalde, but I did some heroics as D.Va and my team held together long enough to pull through for a victory.

God that is a load off my shoulders.

GUYS! GUYS!

Grats!

I'm 50 points off from Plat and I'm on a win streak. Hope I can get it tomorrow so I can play for fun and not worry about my rank too. I don't play much ranked compared to quick play cuz I get anxious, but I hate hero stacking lol.

GUYS! GUYS!

Man I had to fight tooth and nail for it and the game clearly is taunting me by giving me exactly 2500 points, but goddamn is it worth it to finally see that Platinum symbol.

Now I have a guaranteed golden gun at the end of the season, and everything else is cake. Competitive is no longer stressful - I doubt I'm going to get anywhere close to Diamond this season so it's not a goal - I'm just playing for fun now.

Jesus, I almost had a heart attack the last match because my team went 3 DPS, Symmetra, and Mercy on Defense when we didn't quite make it to the second point on Eichenwalde, but I did some heroics as D.Va and my team held together long enough to pull through for a victory.

God that is a load off my shoulders.

Congratulations, right on the dot no less!

Grats!

I'm 50 points off from Plat and I'm on a win streak. Hope I can get it tomorrow so I can play for fun and not worry about my rank too. I don't play much ranked compared to quick play cuz I get anxious, but I hate hero stacking lol.

I was playing yo-yo right around Platinum for a long time. I had a season high of 2478, dropped down to 2300, ran back up to 2488, dropped BACK down to 2300, and on this run I finally just nudged up to 2500. I feel a big losing streak in my future but it's okay because I'm shiny platinum now. :p

But yeah, keep at it! I'm sure you can do it! Fight the good fight!

I said the same thing when I got to Diamond.

Then I kept playing.

There's no such thing as fun in Overwatch.

Fixed?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I tend to not get stressed at comp really.

Even if I get on losing streak.

I got too used to being stomped by friends who are better at me in fighting games, so I'm desensitised to loss.

QP with friends can be great (solo is a travesty) but even then I sometimes crave some really good team play and tension.

Comp, even solo queue can deliver that. It can also be fucking awful.

QP is more and more just a joke mode. Which if you don't have a 6 stack with three Hanzo's and Three Symmetras just isn't that fun.

Well, you're not wrong.

I tend to not get stressed at comp really.

Even if I get on losing streak.

I got too used to being stomped by friends who are better at me in fighting games, so I'm desensitised to loss honestly.

I tend to get more upset at really subtle design flaws with maps/heroes/etc or people just being outright assholes.

Doesn't help that some people I play comp with often take it way too seriously and start stressing me out.

They know who they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom