• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiraFA37

Page source of amomentincrime.com has changed to <!-- v1.4.0.2.32448 --> , apparently this is the latest patch's build. somethingactuallyhappening.gif?

Jellie

Apparently this is one of the emails from the latest on sombra.
I see you have been able to infiltrate in your mail.

Do not worry, he can not see this email, I've hidden from view if you connect from one of the known IP addresses.

I need a little more time to set the next group of potocolos. Stay tuned early next week. I'll take a few dirty rags in their emails to be filtered to the public "accidentally". We'll see how they react to the media

Stay tuned early next week.

Next week

Tovarisc

Apparently this is one of the emails from the latest on sombra.

I see you have been able to infiltrate in your mail.

Do not worry, he can not see this email, I've hidden from view if you connect from one of the known IP addresses.

I need a little more time to set the next group of potocolos. Stay tuned early next week. I'll take a few dirty rags in their emails to be filtered to the public "accidentally". We'll see how they react to the media

Stay tuned early next week.

Next week

My gut reaction to that was "Whatever, it will be absolutely fucking nothing anyways"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The new Lumérico coffee machine arrives on Monday. &#128128;
wDJcmX8.gif

Kuro

My Winston play has been kind of sloppy lately, anyone got any advanced tips?

Always have shield for jumping in. Helps to have a zen orb on you or zarya that can bubble you. Only jump in during team fights. Watch out for bastion, reaper, and hog. Basically, always get a good look at the team before jumping in. Don't pop shield right away. Surviving is more important than elims so jump out when you get half hp.

Tovarisc

I wonder if Blizzard expected all of this to last for a while...

Considering email talks about next week they knew shit would get figured out in few days. Blizzard just has next to zero content for ARG so there can't be much to ARG, hence all the waiting on top of waiting as we wait to wait. I don't expect anything more than some hints that sum up for nothing in next weeks drop etc.

Moonkeis

Whats it say Battle.net is blocked by my work filter.

here you go:

Hey guys,

I wanted to drop in and talk about our upcoming PTR patch that is due out very soon. We are going to try something a little different this time, so you might be surprised when you see the patch notes for it.

Previously we've been using the PTR, first and foremost, to make sure the game is solid and there aren't any heinous issues that would prevent us from releasing the patch. There was a nice secondary goal of gathering feedback on any changes we're planning and trying to iterate on them quickly, but we didn't always have time to try multiple different iterations of any particular change.

This time around, the PTR is likely to be around a bit longer than before, so we're taking this opportunity to try out some more significant hero changes, and the push more significant iterations throughout this PTR cycle.

The PTR patch changes you guys see are unlikely to make it through PTR unchanged, unlike previous PTR cycles.

We want to try a bunch of things and see whats fun and working, and iterate more quickly from there. In this way, we get to have you guys involved earlier in the process.

One quick note, since I already know this will come up. There aren't any Symmetra changes for this patch. Her changes ended up being much more significant and require more time to finish up, but shes feeling pretty great internally so hopefully we can get her out there pretty soon.

I don't have an exact ETA on when this PTR will update, but we're hoping for later this week some time. As always, the more you guys jump on and give feedback the better the game will be! Thanks.

hesido

The 0.0000001%.

Woah, Symmetra is great, at least definitely below the 60% percentile SR. It is my most played character so far in the season with 13 wins, 3 ties, and 5 losses.

I did get a couple of people shooting at me in the spawn area in protest, didn't know why until I saw this thread lol.

After I lost 200 sr in a single streak, I promised myself not to play but just like any other addict I came back. Luckily Symmetra and some of her friends helped me get those 200 back and then some, and now I'm 2531 SR, which absolutely makes me a mediocre player! (at 50 percentile).. But I did fall to 35 percentile after that loss streak. Now that I proved myself as at least a mediocre player with my season high, I can play chilled and trying heroes outside of my comfort zone. Don't care if I lose those SR's anymore.

Gaining SR is fucking hard tho, because you are among 11 other similarly skilled players and you have to be consistently making the team win. So the placement matches are more important than your actual performance during the season matches, because the other players should somehow balance you. I'm betting I wouldn't fall so hard from grace if I was placed inside diamond range.

How about this theory:

Sombra was supposed to be released, but the internal testing is showing some problem that they just can't fix. They don't want to scrap everything, but atm she is too strong, too weak, or just doesn't fit. But these guys are so mad, so fuck it. Release her, get a shitload of new opinions, and maybe solve the problem. And get the damn community off our back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom