• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banzai

Got all Halloween achievments now but Not a single legendary Halloween Skin in 12 boxes.

Diamond feels farther away than ever at 2726 too. 8 game losing streak.

Back to that comp Grind!

PatjuhR

Switching jumping with the switch ability button seems like a good idea and I'm going to try that. X isn't working for me.

I've had jump on L2, but that meant his 2nd weapon ability on X and somehow I didn't figure out I could use L1.

Superflat

FINALLY, GOT THE "HELD THE DOOR" ACHIEVEMENT AT LONG LAST

Once I organized a team of three it only took a few tries. Going solo and dual queue got me close, but it was way harder to coordinate and was basically luck.

It was the only spray I really wanted from the halloween brawl so I'm over the fucking mooooooooon

Greddleok

Has any other game had as shitty a rocket launcher as Pharah?

SPLAT direct body hit

SPLAT direct body hit

I die

Assist elim, sometimes

What? Pharah's rocket launcher is awesome. I rarely aim for direct body hits unless there's a big fat tank. It's all about that beautiful splash damage.

PatjuhR

Last checkpoint as attack on Kings Row. Died and respawned. Walking out of spawn when I hear a teleport deployed, walk back as the lazy fucker I am. Only to find out the teleporter took me all the way back to original spawn :(

And if that wasn't enough I was walking back and around the original capture point there was a fucking RIP-Tire coming my way. Wtf was that all about. That tire had no business there. I suspect foul play!

Luckily I tanked that tire.

Greddleok

Oh, climbing back up the ranks again. Went from 2500 to 2791 last night.

It's sad, but I have to stop playing with friends. They aren't great, making some basic mistakes, and have low rank which keeps dragging me down.

I accidentally complained about a random Pharah not announcing her ULT when I was Zarya running around with mine ready, hitting the announce button constantly. So of course, the Pharah blew her ult, killed 1 person, died, and we could have easily comboed the whole team.

It was my friend -_- we were even on mic and he didn't mention his ult was up!

Banzai

Stop playing for a bit if you're on a losing streak. Continuing won't make you any more likely to win.

I know, i stop playing comp for the day whenever i lose 2 in a row.
I'm Not One to blame my Team every game or tilt hard either. But these losses were complete stomps. It's just disheartening.

It's sad, but I have to stop playing with friends. They aren't great, making some basic mistakes, and have low rank which keeps dragging me down.

I accidentally complained about a random Pharah not announcing her ULT when I was Zarya running around with mine ready, hitting the announce button constantly. So of course, the Pharah blew her ult, killed 1 person, died, and we could have easily comboed the whole team.

Lulz, brutal.

LiK

Sometimes you need to make sacrifices. Rip friendship.

Did I just have a Blizzard tip pop up saying something like "Try and alienate Mei away from her team so if she freezes you they can't kill you"?

Yes, because Mei doesn't have anything in her arsenal that could kill a frozen enemy. Oh no, hang on! She has those icicles that do seemingly more damage than a Hanzo arrow!

I was just in a game with someone with 5 stars just constantly spamming "Thanks!" whenever we lost a point or we got pushed back or whatever. There seems to be so many people on this game who, rather than making a effort and pulling the team together, just sit and sulk and feel sorry for themselves.

Greddleok

Sometimes you need to make sacrifices. Rip friendship.

I wish I had an alternate account to play with friends, then a main one I can worry about rank on.

It'll be fine once the season is done with. Then I can play QP with them as much as I want.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish I had an alternate account to play with friends, then a main one I can worry about rank on.

It'll be fine once the season is done with. Then I can play QP with them as much as I want.

If you're on PS4 you could do that right?

Yes, because Mei doesn't have anything in her arsenal that could kill a frozen enemy. Oh no, hang on! She has those icicles that do seemingly more damage than a Hanzo arrow!

Uh, no it's doesn't. Nowhere close.

Mutombo

my friends is around rank 1700 man. If we rely on him to be a DPS, we lose. And I feel shitty about forcing him to be Mercy all the time.

Then again, I WAS doing well around 2400, but for the life of me, I can't seem to climb above 2100 now. As a support Zen I get gold medals for kills, damage, objective kills, heals., and we get crushed.

The worst thing about the low numbers is that people here just want to play characters that they find fun: shooty characters.

It's more of a self aware thing that I know my shooting is crap, so I just tank or support, which i do fairly well. but again - you need to rely on your DPS team to kill, and if you don't, everything just falls apart.

I'm getting quite burned out on this game. Oh well. Dark Souls 3 DLC in a few days.

Greddleok

I'm getting quite burned out on this game. Oh well. Dark Souls 3 DLC in a few days.

I decided a few days ago to stop caring about my rank. It's only gone up since then. At least I have rage free matches when my team can't seem to secure a kill. Fortunately I play tanks almost exclusively, I love that role. So if I play with friends they can do whatever they want.

Oh, and I think I finally figured out Reinhardt. On control point maps he's a fucking god. I was dying a lot on them, but I'd always take 2-3 people down with me. So in my eyes the trade was completely worth it. Especially when you take out a healer and a tank, as Reinhardt can get back faster than most people too.

Still not got the hang of him in payload games. Just get flanked constantly.

If you're on PS4 you could do that right?

You can? How?

PatjuhR

Yes, it is possible to play with your friends on a different account, without paying for extra PS+.

You gotta set your PlayStation as the Primary PlayStation for your main account (the account you have PlayStation+ with). And then all the other users on THAT PlayStation can play your games and use your Playstation Plus.

Finally made it back to 3500. Sitting at 3520 right now and too spooked to play anymore tonight. When does this season end? I'd like to at least touch the Top 500 to get the rewards.

PatjuhR

Huh, Ok. Maybe I'll do that. I have a secondary account set up already for the few times I bought stuff off the US store.

Yea, it's great. Untill you accidently set one of your friends PS4 as your primary one and you can't find it. Everybody online saying you can do it from a browser on a PC, but it won't let me. Gave up on trying online, but there is one more PS to check. But he never uses it so I have to wait till I'm at his place.

I really enjoy playing late at night on ps4, more people seem to be on mics and I'm loosened up and talk more as well

Oh also something I forgot in my talk about console hotkeys, switching the communication menu to clicking the left analog stick instead of the dpad has been a godsend. So much easier that way.

Has any other game had as shitty a rocket launcher as Pharah?

SPLAT direct body hit

SPLAT direct body hit

I die

Assist elim, sometimes
I mean it does decent damage but to me it's just so unsatisfying to use I hate playing as her. In theory a rocket launching person with a jet pack should be my dream hero but in practice I don't like playing as her at all.

FML man, from levels 66-91 I've seen 1 legendary drop. It was at least Junkenstein, but wtf. Only like 4-5 epics as well.

I'm close to lvl 92, so maybe change is comin...but I can't help but dout it.

3 whites and 1 blue is all I ever see.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If all your aiming to do is splash damage with pharah she is pretty unsatisfying.

One you can land the direct hits consistently she is so much fun.

fhqwhgads

Just had my best game as Symmetra ever. Ranked Ilios, high gold/low plat game, 58 eliminations over 4 rounds, also got the Huge Success achievement to boot. Really though, as well as I played it was a big part of the enemy team being stupid and not doing anything about my sentries/teleporters. One of them switched Winston then switched back to D.va, then one of them switched to Reaper so they could get the teleporter but by then it was too little too late. Still really proud.

Cappa

Banned
So I've noticed something...when I have a screen full of medals, it's usually a loss.

When I only have a medal or 2, it's usually a win.

this isnt 100% true for me but yeah thee have plenty of times Ive gold medals in like 3-4 categories and my team got completely shat on.

On another note... I really want to break the 90th percentile for one of my heroes.... its a dumb thing but its something ive been trying to do.

Thats why when I can Ive been trying to play strictly Dva or Symmetra.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/XxCappaXx?mode=competitive

Close yet so far. :(

Hey guys.

Now that I have a decent rig I moved from PS4 to PC version. Currently working my way up to lvl 25 in pubs which may or may not drive me mad in the foreseeable future.

How can I add my name to the google doc?

I'm not a super skilled player but I play the objective and a decent teamate maybe.

ID is BaronLundi #2670
GMT+1
Play evenings and week-ends but no fixed times.
English and French.
I have a mic if needed.

Feel free to add me.

Mendrox

Everything is matched according to MMR, it doesn't make a difference smurf or not.

Most of the smurfs troll the lower ranks. Yes it does make a difference because they play like they want to. Their normal account isn't getting down for pulling bullshit.

Also let's see. Pro Player A wants his friend to rank up. He creates a smurf so that they can play together. Friend is really low rank and easy game for the smurf. Team A doesn't really have the same level as Team B now.

It's the same problem with the MOBAs except here you can pull this shit only in LoL way easier. It fucks with the SR of everyone else.

ISOM

Most of the smurfs troll the lower ranks. Yes it does make a difference because they play like they want to. Their normal account isn't getting down for pulling bullshit.

Also let's see. Pro Player A wants his friend to rank up. He creates a smurf so that they can play together. Friend is really low rank and easy game for the smurf. Team A doesn't really have the same level as Team B now.

It's the same problem with the MOBAs except here you can pull this shit only in LoL way easier. It fucks with the SR of everyone else.

I have heard Seagull mention wanting to create a Bastion or Torb only account so it probably happens.

FML man, from levels 66-91 I've seen 1 legendary drop. It was at least Junkenstein, but wtf. Only like 4-5 epics as well.

I'm close to lvl 92, so maybe change is comin...but I can't help but dout it.

3 whites and 1 blue is all I ever see.

Got Pumpkin head at level 93...so 27 loot boxes, 2 legendary drops.

maomaoIYP

If a pro player wants to create a smurf to play ranked with his friend carrying his friend in placements will result in both of the accounts having high SR, which is pretty much the same as the pro player playing with his low ranked friend using his main account to begin with.
And if you're talking about quick play, it doesn't matter either way because there are no MMR restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom