• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend keeps saying there are hackers in every other game, most of the time it's bullshit, though I did notice some people with ridiculously good aim.

How frequent are hackers in this game, really?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I haven't met much. From what I've heard Overwatch seemz to get less Hackers than other popular shooters like cod or csgo.

Mendrox

If a pro player wants to create a smurf to play ranked with his friend carrying his friend in placements will result in both of the accounts having high SR, which is pretty much the same as the pro player playing with his low ranked friend using his main account to begin with.
And if you're talking about quick play, it doesn't matter either way because there are no MMR restrictions.

It's still cheating the system and what is also wrong with it currently. They force the system by being someone different that they can play with their friends/paying customers. We are talking about SR differences of 1000 points and people start paying for carrying. This fucks up the games for the lower people, because it starts with being even more lucky that you get average team mates.

maomaoIYP

It's still cheating the system and what is also wrong with it currently. They force the system by being someone different that they can play with their friends/paying customers. We are talking about SR differences of 1000 points and people start paying for carrying. This fucks up the games for the lower people, because it starts with being even more lucky that you get average team mates.

If a pro player can carry his low ranked friend using his smurf account, sooner or later their SR will rise together to a point where the end result is still the same. Besides, SR does not change solely based on wins alone, there will be a point where the pro smurf cannot carry anymore and his low ranked friend becomes a liability.
Even with the current system, an SR difference of 1000 is already pretty damn generous, this smurfing thing is pretty much a non-issue.

Mendrox

If a pro player can carry his low ranked friend using his smurf account, sooner or later their SR will rise together to a point where the end result is still the same. Besides, SR does not change solely based on wins alone, there will be a point where the pro smurf cannot carry anymore and his low ranked friend becomes a liability.
Even with the current system, an SR difference of 1000 is already pretty damn generous, this smurfing thing is pretty much a non-issue.

It still does happen. It's also an issue because people manipulate their stats to stay with the people they want to carry up. It's the same manipulating shit that people pull off to get even higher SR by grouping with low level friends.

Antiwhippy

Attack widows who can't even take down a pharah. -_-

And he's level 400+ playing mainly snipers.

Ended as zen with silver in elims, gold in damage (even though we had a roadhog) and gold in healing.

Great start.

Ended as zen with silver in elims, gold in damage (even though we had a roadhog) and gold in healing.

Great start.

I don't know what SR you're talking about but...
- this is anecdotal, anything can happen during one game. The blaming culture in this game is a problem, everyone looking for other people's faults, it needs to quiet down.
- Widow is not purely a specific counter to Pharah. Widow is better against less mobile fows, for obvious reasons. Maybe Widow was not given the opportunity to operate, you can not tell for sure unless you see her screen.
- you're supposed to do a lot of damage with Zen.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Let me check my sources...

...Yep, just what I thought. Same day as the NX reveal.

I feel lied to.

Great start.

Level 400+ just means you've played the game a lot. I play with a 400+ person who is a sub-2000 comp SR.

Got Pumpkin head at level 93...so 27 loot boxes, 2 legendary drops.

The only epic level+ Halloween drops I've gotten from regular loot boxes have been Reinhardt's skin and emote, and Genji's highlight intro. I prestiged the day before the event started, too, so I've gone from level 201 to 226 in a week. Everything else I got from buying 24 loot boxes, which resulted in 2 legendary skins and 3 epic skins, plus one emote.

I've managed to get everything BUT the ones I really wanted - Junkenstein, Vampire Symmetra, Reaper & Mei's intro. At least I have 4600 in gold - was going to save it for Sombra stuff but I think I'd at least rather get Junkenstein just because I play Junkrat so much.

Mutombo

- this is anecdotal, anything can happen during one game. The blaming culture in this game is a problem, everyone looking for other people's faults, it needs to quiet down.
- Widow is not purely a specific counter to Pharah. Widow is better against less mobile fows, for obvious reasons. Maybe Widow was not given the opportunity to operate, you can not tell for sure unless you see her screen.

The thing is that this is not anecdotal!

(Question: how does one see other player's stats on ps4? Or do you type in names on your computer in Overbuff while playing on ps4?)

Gold in damage with Zen is indicative of DPS roles not doing their job. I consider myself pretty decent with Zen and I pump out the damage, almost to a fault when I start to get tunnel vision and forget that I have this other orb that heals people.

When I play with people I regularly play with that main (or partially main) DPS, my fight is between bronze and silver for damage. A DPS that does his/her job locks that down.

The only person that can come close is a Rein that goes completely aggro. Biscuit, sound familiar?

The thing is that this is not anecdotal!

(Question: how does one see other player's stats on ps4? Or do you type in names on your computer in Overbuff while playing on ps4?)

Hit the pause-like button. Go to Social, I think, then over to Groups, select the person you want to see that you're in game with, and choose Career Profile. You can use the dropdown to navigate. You can also do a Recent Players for people you aren't actively playing with.

Blues1990

After drooping to 2312 (from 2578), I needed to step away from Competitive Mode and focus on getting better with other characters in the meanwhile.

Winston is proving to be a hell of a lot of fun, and the same goes with Junkrat. Brushing up on Zarya doesn't hurt, either, and I'm this close to unlocking her Golden Gun.

Auto climb walls: yay or nay?

Also, what do you console guys bind your jump button to?

Autoclimb = yes

Jump = L3

Seriously. Spend some time playing with this config - it is a game changer. For characters like Lucio it lets you focus on jumping/wallriding without taking any attention away from the cross fade, amp & fire triggers.

For someone like Mei who uses all 4 triggers you won't miss a beat since your thumb will already be on the jump button. I switched a while ago and never looked back.

GUYS! GUYS!

I FINALLY FUCKING DID IT! FINALLY!

Congrats!

My trials have taken me from 2183 -> 1600 -> 2230 -> 2050. I'm still pushing to get there....

Antiwhippy

Widow is absolutely a counter to pharah. When widow was everywhere pharah was unplayable.

The blaming culture is a problem but I'd kinda say if you want to play widow on attack, at least hit the pharah.

I don't even mind widow on attack.

Ew no. Boop is on R3 to make room for jump on L2.

How do you punch then?

Jump L2, switch L1, boop R1, and amp on X since at max you will only be using it with a 12-second interval and don't need to aim, so it's not really required to be in a shoulder button.

Antiwhippy

When you attack mei so hard that people send you friend requests.

hpd9Bnm.png

I do enjoy the times when I can go attack mei instead of healer all the time.

mellow

I think I've opened 11 boxes from lvling in the event and just got the Junkrat Legendary, which is cool, but what I'm really looking for are some of the cool profile icons, still salts me how we can't purchase those outright. Mostly getting voice lines and sprays.

Chance

How do you punch then?

Jump L2, switch L1, boop R1, and amp on X since at max you will only be using it with a 12-second interval and don't need to aim, so it's not really required to be in a shoulder button.

L3, but I like the idea of boost on a face button...

Anne

My friend keeps saying there are hackers in every other game, most of the time it's bullshit, though I did notice some people with ridiculously good aim.

How frequent are hackers in this game, really?

I'm late on this, but it's pretty rare. I'm talking maybe one in a hundred for the average player, if even that. When you get to higher elo at certain hours though, things can get pretty fishy pretty quick. I'm talking upper master and top 500 high elo on PC, so I doubt most people run into that.

Braag

I don't think I have ever lost in Eichenwalde when defending. Almost always people go with Symmetra and Torbjorn on that map. The choke point at the bridge is really easy to press with the turrets and if you have a Mei or Rein it'll be even easier. Just had almost the entire attacking team rage quit on us in that map. Dunno how Blizz could make it easier for attackers.

What am i doing wrong with lucio? I use m2 and the enemy barely gets bumped a few feet. Ebemy lucio uses the soundburst and im sent halfway across the map

PTR today?
Maybe?

I hope with 76 they either:

1) Allow his ult to headshot if you aim at the appropriate position.

2) Change something with his rockets? Honestly besides changing his gun's damage/spread this is the only other thing he has for damage. Would be cool if they buffed it/changed it a bit. Maybe decrease damage a bit, but give him three charges that cooldown similar to tracer's dash (not as fast of course).

This way you could use one for rocket jumps and still have two ready to go for damage. And using all three in succession deals more damage than what it does now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom