• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldier does need an overhaul. The meta analysis made a really good point: Soldier's DOT style of attack matches up really poorly with Lucio's healing aura. His rockets are meant to be the burst to finish off enemies, but even still he struggles to actually confirm kills. He just actively feeds ultimate to the enemy supports, even moreso than Junkrat does. You should basically never play him...

...except I still do, because I'm shit at McCree but I can harass a Pharah with Soldier, so I'll still play him if our team can't handle an opposing Pharah. Feelsbadman

Shit, I just hit 2800. If I hit 3K, I will not give a flying fuck about my rank any more. I just want that damn diamond.

You say that. And you probably even believe it.

I believed it until I took my first substantial hit that dropped me below. You'll still care and you always will.

What's the consensus on how everyone likes this ranking style vs last season?

I like the season high, and I guess I like the tiered thing, so you can look right away and see that someone is a platinum or a gold or whatever, but the number range they put in kind of pisses me off more than the ticks they used to use. Especially since there hasn't been a lot of clarity on how you get the points you get outside of winning or losing streaks.

Do they have any plans to do something about Mei.
A buff or a nerf? I can understand why she needs a buff to match up with the other dps characters in the meta but at the same time a good Mei is really effective...
Soldier does need an overhaul. The meta analysis made a really good point: Soldier's DOT style of attack matches up really poorly with Lucio's healing aura. His rockets are meant to be the burst to finish off enemies, but even still he struggles to actually confirm kills. He just actively feeds ultimate to the enemy supports, even moreso than Junkrat does. You should basically never play him...

...except I still do, because I'm shit at McCree but I can harass a Pharah with Soldier, so I'll still play him if our team can't handle an opposing Pharah. Feelsbadman
Soldier is basically McCree for people who can't aim or have shit healers yeah.

Plesiades

76 should be able to charge his rockets like the UT Rocket Launcher. Give that ability to Pharah too ;)

PTR Update too! 2.2 GB!

I'd guess this is the 1.5.0 patch.

Zen's Halloween skin is so good, especially in dark areas. My dude finally has a good skin! Glad I unlocked it yesterday so I don't have to spend 750 credits.

No_Style

How do you punch then?

Jump L2, switch L1, boop R1, and amp on X since at max you will only be using it with a 12-second interval and don't need to aim, so it's not really required to be in a shoulder button.

Very similar to mine.

I basically tried to shoehorn Black Ops 3 bumper jumper:

L1 - Jump
R1 - Boop
L2 - Switch
R2 - Fire
R3 - Melee
X - Amp/Heal
Right-Pad - Ultimate

Dva 600 health

Torb builds turret faster and passively generates scrap

20000 exp per level (instead of 22000) can see how much is needed in career profile.
PTR.
Holy shit the 20k per level is gonna make leveling much easier

Finally looking in to Torb which is good and now D.VA is gonna be even more annoying in qp but she still can't eat my girl Zarya's beam do I still won't have too much trouble with her :)

darklin0

Banned
Has anyone else experienced huge lag spikes since the Halloween update? It has made playing grating for me and I can't seem to find a solution to it.

Screenshot_41.jpg

Did eet. Got Plat.

My last games have been really weird. Like our team comp was all over the place. Had an Ana but no one picked Reinhardt or Reaper or any good boost target, and we had one tank. Had one healer or one tank for most matches in general, and LOTS of Bastion on top. This was the case for the enemy team too. I was the only one typing in the chat as well.

Actually, felt like I was playing Quick Play. Maybe that's why I won pretty much all of them.

Did eet. Got Plat.

My last games have been really weird. Like our team comp was all over the place. Had an Ana but no one picked Reinhardt or Reaper or any good boost target, and we had one tank. Had one healer or one tank too, and LOTS of Bastion. This was the case for the enemy team too. I was the only one typing in the chat as well.

Actually, felt like I was playing Quick Play. Maybe that's why I won pretty much all of them.
It's pretty much a given I'll never get the Plat because so many trophies are out of my complete control and also kinda rediculous.

Anyway why don't consoles get PTR servers too? Blizz has admitted the console balance is slightly different when Torb got his console specific nerf, wouldn't it be helpful to see how the consoles fare from changes?

Zomba13

Apparently on PTR mei gets ult even faster... wtf

Seriously?

Fuck this game then. Mei was fine at the start. Maybe needed a little tewaking but not this much. She is broken right now and doesn't need EVEN FASTER ult. Either fast ult and the original size or original speed and big size. Not both.

Let me guess, her ult is even bigger, freezes faster, does a lot of damage and sucks people into it? Or is that coming in the next patch?

Greddleok

I don't think D.Va needs more health, I think she needs a sliiiiightly longer range on those cannons.

But what do I know about game design and balance? Fucking nothing, that's what.

Anne

In case anybody hasn't said this, I'm fairly certain Bastion's recon mode gun was buffed. The spread seems much more forgiving now.

I might be wrong on this one though. I think I am, but I'm not sure. Shit seems weird.

Seriously?

Fuck this game then. Mei was fine at the start. Maybe needed a little tewaking but not this much. She is broken right now and doesn't need EVEN FASTER ult. Either fast ult and the original size or original speed and big size. Not both.

Let me guess, her ult is even bigger, freezes faster, does a lot of damage and sucks people into it? Or is that coming in the next patch?
Good god the salt.

These changes won't all come to live.

And Jellie mispoke. Ult activates faster, not charges faster.

sikkinixx

I really enjoy this game but fucking *loathe* the loot boxes. All I want is two stupid Halloween skins. Two. Eight boxes in and a couple grave stone victory things, a few spray paints (which are super useless) and some voice lines I'll never use.

Seriously?

This is just on the PTR. None of this is in the actual game, yet.

And they've changed the way they wanted to deal with the PTR, so it's not like before where 95% of it was coming in a patch a week later. They want these builds to last longer, with more input over a period of time, with experimental changes applied.
Also:

Remember. Many of these changes won't make it to live. Just testing out a bunch of stuff.

Alucrid

Banned
Seriously?

these changes aren't "play what's coming in the next patch" it's "lets see how change X feels"

Polo9

Neo Member
Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the dumb question... but to add my profile in the GAF User ID List what I have to do? Can I edit it or somebody else has to add me? Also, is it ok to add friends directly from the list?
My ID is Polo#2538 (EU region) if someone wants to add me, I play competitive play (I'm in a limbo between 1900 and 2000...) but I also wanted to try to complete the brawl in hard mode!

Anne

Hook was def adjusted, I'm pulling bots straight inside of me atm.

Edit: Soldier just flat deals a bit more damage it looks like.

People are already preparing to riot over the PTR when this PTR session is more sandbox lets experiment everything than testing an actual patch.

Ah, the Lucio questioning why I nanoboosted him didn't notice that he was running around our Reinhardt that I was trying to boost, so nanoboosting our tank was a literal roulette wheel.

Also, "The Mercy only had 4000 healing, but let's give her all the votes because she has the Witch outfit"

Anyone else get bummed out when you're playing a lucio and YOU'RE the one with eliminations and damage done? I mean, I don't usually give a damn about looking at my medals anymore, because generally I care more about composition and communication. But damn, cmon team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom