• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Hadn't played in a little bit because I put a lot of time into the Battlefield 1 Beta but I picked it back up this week because of Tanks A Lot.

So much fun, really started to like Roadhog. Play as Roadhog in Quick Play and do awesome with the team winning and never get any votes. Last match I was 19 and 5, 3 gold medals, and 18 enemies hooked with 86% accuracy.

1 vote, my own. Do people not respect Roadhog play? Don't really follow what heroes people like and what they want changed.

Hadn't played in a little bit because I put a lot of time into the Battlefield 1 Beta but I picked it back up this week because of Tanks A Lot.

So much fun, really started to like Roadhog. Play as Roadhog in Quick Play and do awesome with the team winning and never get any votes. Last match I was 19 and 5, 3 gold medals, and 18 enemies hooked with 86% accuracy.

1 vote, my own. Do people not respect Roadhog play? Don't really follow what heroes people like and what they want changed.

If you want to get Roadhog votes, you need to hook Reapers/McCrees/Genjis/76s out of their Ults.

OR, Hook a Rein as he has someone pinned, but before he smashes someone.

Basically, bust out those Lifesaver PotGs.

Edit: Basically this: https://gfycat.com/SlimyImperturbableAxisdeer

Yep Roadhog's hook is totally fixed mmhmmm yup

https://twitter.com/AnneMunition/status/778654373945614336/video/1

This still happens to me except it's usually around a corner instead of down below.

Roadhog is such an oddity to me.
His hooks seems like 85% of his entire gameplan and it manages to be both occasionally buggy on either the end for the victim as well as for Hog himself, irksome to all involved.

As an aside, when it comes to poorly played heroes being a detriment to your team poor ol' Roadhog must be near the top of the list, never landing hooks and feeding ults to the enemy.

Roadhog is such an oddity to me.
His hooks seems like 85% of his entire gameplan and it manages to be both occasionally buggy on either the end for the victim as well as for Hog himself, irksome to all involved.

As an aside, when it comes to poorly played heroes being a detriment to your team poor ol' Roadhog must be near the top of the list, never landing hooks and feeding ults to the enemy.

I gotta say, as a guy who play Roadhog very regularly (on console) I have very little issue. Like, maybe one hook every 6 or 7 games seems to have issue.

It's just the kind of thing that when it goes wrong, you obviously notice, and that sucks, but it creates this sort of confirmation bias situation, where you only really make note of when it DOESN'T work, and discard when it does.

At the very least, I don't seem to be having the problems other people are reporting, and I can't figure out why. Unless it's an issue that happens to be more common on PCs?

Plus, to be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that video. That looks right to me. Her head was sticking out over the top. He aimed straight for it. He was jumping all over the place trying to land the perfect shot, and he got it.

zoukka

This chart should be useful.

image1472397516.png

Everyone I know are like 500 points below their S1 rank.

I gotta say, as a guy who play Roadhog very regularly (on console) I have very little issue. Like, maybe one hook every 6 or 7 games seems to have issue.

It's just the kind of thing that when it goes wrong, you obviously notice, and that sucks, but it creates this sort of confirmation bias situation, where you only really make note of when it DOESN'T work, and discard when it does.

At the very least, I don't seem to be having the problems other people are reporting, and I can't figure out why. Unless it's an issue that happens to be more common on PCs?

Plus, to be honest, I don't see anything wrong with that video. That looks right to me. Her head was sticking out over the top. He aimed straight for it. He was jumping all over the place trying to land the perfect shot, and he got it.
It happens a good bit on console, as another fellow Roadhog regular. The one that happens the most is when they come to you, they come slightly elevated, and you have to aim up. But I'm so used to not having to adjust to that, so I never do when it happens :/

Also, I agree, that hook in that video looked fine. It's just a common thing for people to freak out when it looks slightly BS. Same as Hanzo has always been. His hook box, like Genjis deflect box, needs to be that big, otherwise it's pretty useless, and it's still got the occasional bug.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah that video seems fine, I go for jumping hooks like that a lot. If anything was wonky there it's actually that Widow got away, which is likely because she got pulled and released somewhat above him which is the weird thing his hook does more frequently.

giphy.gif

Like this, when they shift all over the place and you don't really have time to react.

Well you'd be right in that such things aren't an overly common occurrence, I guess I'm just saying I find it a bit odd that such a defining ability for a character can come across a lot more screwy than any other one in the game.

Granted part of this is that there seems to be some kind of small lapse between its visual and actual hooking conformation (though this can lead to some fun visuals like dragging a quick drawing Genji allll the way back to you with a magic hook)

Yeah, but they're probably judging their end of Season 1 rank, to their current Season 2 rank.

In season 1 I placed at 46, climbed all the way to 59, then dropped like a stone and finished at 50.

This season I placed Gold 2382, won one match so my high is 2422, then lost 4 in a row and have been going back and forth between 2250 and 2350 since. I feel like I should have at least placed Platinum but had some really bad matches with leavers during placement, and so far all the close games I've played in comp have gone to the other side.

When does season 2 end again? November? I've got another two months to make it to Platinum, I really hope I never drop below 2200.

Well you'd be right in that such things aren't an overly common occurrence, I guess I'm just saying I find it a bit odd that such a defining ability for a character can come across a lot more screwy than any other one in the game.

Granted part of this is that there seems to be some kind of small lapse between its visual and actual hooking conformation (though this can lead to some fun visuals like dragging a quick drawing Genji allll the way back to you with a magic hook)

Part of what throws people off, and you can see it in this video.

When a hook lands, the hook instantly repositions itself to the center of the character model.

So even though the hook hit the widow in the head, once the hook connects, it moves itself to her torso, which gives the appearance that the hook is now going through the floor. Which the victim sees as total bullshit.

They don't understand that this is just a graphically cue so Roadhog can actually tell where his target is getting pulled to.

Most likely the Sombra patch near Blizzcon.

When's that going to be?

Id love some buffs. Dont really see anyone needing a nerf.

Widowmaker feels like garbage on console, Symmetra should have her turret cooldown cut down severely and maybe torb can upgrade his turret a little faster.

Who is a Hanzo's natural predator?
Offense: Genji and Pharah
Genji deflect Hanzos arrows back at him and is hard to hit, same with Pharah.

Defense: Widow and a better Hanzo
Better Hanzo is obvious, and Widow beats him at any range outside of close quarters.

Tanks: Rein, Roadhog, Zarya, and Winston
These are a little more situational, as they have to get close to fight Hanzo. If Winston takes very little damage from the scatter, he will win, and really, that's the same for all of them. Roadhog will hook, Zarya will shield, Winston will shield, and Rein is just too much to kill for Hanzo.

Support: Ana to an extent
If she has good aim, she can win. Zen is probably the same though as well.

There might be a few more, like Reaper or maybe Tracer, but these are the ones that come to mind. Probably Dva too.

Offense: Genji and Pharah
Genji deflect Hanzos arrows back at him and is hard to hit, same with Pharah.

Defense: Widow and a better Hanzo
Better Hanzo is obvious, and Widow beats him at any range outside of close quarters.

Tanks: Rein, Roadhog, Zarya, and Winston
These are a little more situational, as they have to get close to fight Hanzo. If Winston takes very little damage from the scatter, he will win, and really, that's the same for all of them. Roadhog will hook, Zarya will shield, Winston will shield, and Rein is just too much to kill for Hanzo.

Support: Ana to an extent
If she has good aim, she can win. Zen is probably the same though as well.

There might be a few more, like Reaper or maybe Tracer, but these are the ones that come to mind. Probably Dva too.

Really, any attacker can take on Hanzo if Hanzo fucks up his scatter shot.

Really, any attacker can take on Hanzo if Hanzo fucks up his scatter shot.
True, but it all depends on the Hanzos aim skills. If he has good aim, he should still have he advantage because, iirc, he can one shot head shot all 200 health character, and maybe 250 health ones as well?

Granted, you can say the same about his opponents when it comes to aim.

Generally, characters that are harder to hit or takes more shots to kill are his natural counters. Everyone else is really 50/50 on who wins.

Azoor

When's that going to be?

Id love some buffs. Dont really see anyone needing a nerf.

Widowmaker feels like garbage on console, Symmetra should have her turret cooldown cut down severely and maybe torb can upgrade his turret a little faster.

They really need to do something about Widow, they don't need to make as powerful as she used to be, just let be a viable option and a garbage one.

They really need to do something about Widow, they don't need to make as powerful as she used to be, just let be a viable option and a garbage one.

I think they could restore her Ult length to it's old state just for console. That might be enough to make it so she's worth having a team every now and again.

DvA, Genji, Widow, Rein, Tracer and Reaper to an extent. And I guess Phara too.

I'll add Winston to this. Landing on him + punching, start zapping and the Hanzo panics most of the time.

Yeah, you have a huge hit box, but the bubble will keep you in there.

Azoor

I think they could restore her Ult length to it's old state just for console. That might be enough to make it so she's worth having a team every now and again.

I'd look into her trap as well, maybe they could have her place multiple traps or maybe increase it's damage.

NeoRaider

Say hello to my new favorite! King Zenyatta!

Zenyatta%20Post-Patch%20-%20Inside%20News%20Header.png

He is SOOOO good. And i hated him at first. Literally had 15 minutes played till few days ago.

I'd look into her trap as well, maybe they could have her place multiple traps or maybe increase it's damage.

Ehh... I think that's more that people don't use the trap right. They try to use it for extra damage, but they should be using it to alert themselves that someone is coming at them.

Azoor

I'd rather not have dots in the game at all, much less a strong dot

It's fair because you can still see the traps and destroy them, they're designed for those who don't open they're eyes and rush.

Ehh... I think that's more that people don't use the trap right. They try to use it for extra damage, but they should be using it to alert themselves that someone is coming at them.

That's true, but that doesn't mean we couldn't retool it to be something that's more beneficial to the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom