• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else get bummed out when you're playing a lucio and YOU'RE the one with eliminations and damage done? I mean, I don't usually give a damn about looking at my medals anymore, because generally I care more about composition and communication. But damn, cmon team!

Damage as Lucio is definitely the one time you can really start questioning the quality of your teams input via medals.

Anne

The Lucio nerf is pretty nuts.

Basically, whenever you Amp now the effectiveness of the amp builds up over time. There are little bars on each side of his crosshair showing this. Whenever you crossfade mid amp now, the new aura starts building up again from the bottom of the bar.

Edit: whoops I'm dumb, apparently it always worked this way

darklin0

Banned
The Lucio nerf is pretty nuts.

Basically, whenever you Amp now the effectiveness of the amp builds up over time. There are little bars on each side of his crosshair showing this. Whenever you crossfade mid amp now, the new aura starts building up again from the bottom of the bar.

So pretty much Lucio is dead in the water before pros figure it out. :/

Damage as Lucio is definitely the one time you can really start questioning the quality of your teams input via medals.

The moment you have gold damage as lucio, and your team has some notable DPS's, then you really have to mention it to your team. Hell I tell my team if I get any medal in damage as lucio.

Same goes when a Tracer or Reaper gets gold healing and there's a Lucio/Mercy/Ana/Zen on the team.

Almost all previous PTR balance changes made it live just saying.

Recent dev update stated they're changing how the PTR operates. So from here on out don't take anything in the PTR as final

Almost all previous PTR balance changes made it live just saying.

Did you miss the post where jeff said they're changing the way it works? They used PTR in the past to test out changes they were definitely going to roll-out (and to make sure the changes are stable). Now, they will test out various changes that are more than likely not going to make it live but for the sake of just testing it out.

I hate teammates who spam "Need healing" and being nowhere within my line of sight.

Edit: Took out the reddit post for PTR changes, I'll wait for official notes.

Jellie

Saw on reddit that Zarya loses charge faster on the PTR patch and Lucio's gun fires faster but smaller shots.
Anybody that can confirm this? Reddit was wrong with the mei ult charging faster so might be wrong agian.

NeoRaider

They gave D.VA 100 more health?? Yaaaaas!

Edit:

D.Va's ult is slower to get too. 2m18s to 50% in the PTR, 1m50s in the live server. Call Mech seems slower to get too (credit:Things_and_things)

Ewwww.

Defeat defeat defeat defeat defeat. Overwatch. You're the most demoralizing piece of shit I've ever played. You make a losing streak in Street Fighter 4 feel like a relaxed day in the park.

meshwork

Wait, so you require 20,000 XP to get through the 1-22 ranks?

I hope that change doesn't make out of PTR. RIP saving prestige to seasonal events.

I like the fact that you get faster lootboxes everytime you reset the portrait, but at the same time I was very surprised it was in the game to begin with. I mean think about it, the way they designed it people are encouraged not to play the game if they are close to a reset and they know an event is starting soon. I mean there's a bunch of people in this thread who have said they're not touching the game because they're close to those faster lootboxes and begging for the event to start so they could get back in.

I think Blizzard did the math and wants to lower the xp to an even 20,000 to offset those faster boxes at the early levels so you end up playing the same amount of games for a 100 boxes in the end.

While people might not like this change and might call Blizzard greedy because it clearly makes sense from a business point of view, they can't discredit the fact that having faster early levels and seasonal events with special loot boxes is a bad design choice for a game if you want people to keep playing it.

Knew a Zarya nerf was coming, atleast it wasnt that bad. 2 bubbles giving 100% was a bit damn OP, especially when you have idiots on either side just blasting at the bubbles asap.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Knew a Zarya nerf was coming, atleast it wasnt that bad. 2 bubbles giving 100% was a bit damn OP, especially when you have idiots on either side just blasting at the bubbles asap.

Quicker decay rate though.

Will zarya ever get to 100 charge now? Definitely a major NERF to her dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom