• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm really going to sound like a Nintendo fanboy, but hear me out.

Blizzard needs to get Overwatch on the Switch. Besides Overwatch on the go, there's a whole lot of money for Blizzard to make. Amiibo of the Overwatch cast? Hell yeah, those would be eaten up so fast. And detachable joy-cons with character-based color schemes? There's surely a market for that too.

Holy shit. Zarya might be dead if those changes make it out. She'll get one graviton per game.

Dva new meta?

I think I'm okay with the ult nerf across the board. Lucio becomes an even worse healer (and it won't matter)

xaosslug

Almost all previous PTR balance changes made it live just saying.

Blizz announced on the official forums PTR would be changing. Basically, PTR will be used to out any wacky shit that they think up, and these things may or may not go live in the game proper. LOL

Eeeeh. I get why they're lowering ult rate (to lessen the "death ball" nature of the meta) but I feel like all that's going to do is make the death balls less frequent but still the main strategy. So many abilities are designed around it and all poking does is build ult charge for both teams.

LiK

Holy shit. Zarya might be dead if those changes make it out. She'll get one graviton per game.

Dva new meta?

I think I'm okay with the ult nerf across the board. Lucio becomes an even worse healer (and it won't matter)

I didn't even fear Zarya in Comp as D.va. This is gonna make it even easier for our Tracer x D.va OTP.

Jellie

50% win rate today. Tired of seeing 2831 over and over. lol
2rkdhW1.png

This is what will await you when you hit diamond.
We lost.

Plesiades

I really like the new presentation of the Play and Training menu. The Hero Gallery looks kinda old now. Maybe they can use the same artstyle for the portraits!

0H3JQHS.png

TrueBlue

Blizzard needs to get Overwatch on the Switch. Besides Overwatch on the go, there's a whole lot of money for Blizzard to make. Amiibo of the Overwatch cast? Hell yeah, those would be eaten up so fast. And detachable joy-cons with character-based color schemes? There's surely a market for that too.

I'd like to see it happen - maybe give Pharah a Samus skin? Or hell, make Samus playable!

I also kinda sorta want Tracer in Smash.

How will overwatch work without an internet connection? :p

What I learned from Blizzard's PTR notes is that they don't understand the difference between percent and percentage points.

But almost nobody does so nobody noticed.

To be honest I don't think those D.Va buffs will do much to help her. (except make her better for stall tactics I guess)

Those Zarya nerfs, on the other hand, is the biggest indirect buff lol.

exYle

To be honest I don't think those D.Va buffs will do much to help her. (except make her better for stall tactics I guess)

Movement speed buff is huge. She's gonna be an even better backline harasser now. It's much more likely she'll be able to get in, kill a healer, and then dip out.

The Zarya nerf seems okay to me, but only the 40 charge per bubble thing. If they do that AND nerf her charge decay, that seems excessive.

Exactly. The movement buff is the biggest direct buff, since having to use boosters just to chase an enemy down whos just... Walking... Is shit.
But Zarya losing some charging capability? Yes please. Being able to survive against a Zarya that bit longer more or less fixes her for me.

Anne

I just want to point out that the ult charge rate thing is something I've gone over a bunch, as did some pros, as a major problem with the core system of the game. I think that is by far the best thing to come out of this.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If her decay is the same and they just hit the amount per bubble Zarya is still gonna be great.

Her graviton will take longer to come up but a universal change like that hits everyone to the point where it's hard to predict how it plays out.

xaosslug

Zarya

-Particle Barrier
  • Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%
-Projected Barrier
  • Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%

so it begins...

3FhlbYv.gif

Torbjörn

-Scrap is now automatically generated over time
-The amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy has been decreased by 40%
-Forge Hammer
  • Swing speed increased by 25%
  • Damage decreased by 27%

yeah, because we all fear Torbjörn and dat menacing hammer of death... wtf? Blizz literally not giving a single fuck, just doing stuff for shits and giggles at this point. xD

Pooya

zarya is just so bad now, you get much less energy and your ult takes even longer to charge on top of the less energy and less damage, that gravitron surge might go off like twice per match at most and rest of the game you're busy just spamming harmless grenades lol.

Crzy1

yeah, because we all fear Torbjörn and dat menacing hammer of death... wtf? Blizz literally not giving a single fuck, just doing stuff for shits and giggles at this point. xD
More about getting that turret to level 2 faster, but not wanting to make his hammer the weapon of choice.

Jellie

I just got 2 draws. I am stuck here forever!

It is karma catching up to you for getting such good team earlier. huehuehue

True I never saw any of these comps in platinum. Maybe diamond is just better mechanical skills than plat but not better game knowledge.

darklin0

Banned
True I never saw any of these comps in platinum. Maybe diamond is just better mechanical skills than plat but not better game knowledge.

Just lost a game because a guy stayed Genji all game even though they had a Winston and Mei. Diamond will be nothing new to me. lmao
Kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom