• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

so it begins...

3FhlbYv.gif

yeah, because we all fear Torbjörn and dat menacing hammer of death... wtf? Blizz literally not giving a single fuck, just doing stuff for shits and giggles at this point. xD

I think the point is for him to be able to build his turrets faster. But a hammer speed buff would be a pretty big buff to his DPS

zarya is just so bad now, you get much less energy and your ult takes even longer to charge on top of the less energy and less damage, that gravitron surge might go off like twice per match at most and rest of the game you're busy just spamming harmless grenades lol.
I think they will continue to change her before she goes live, but I also feel like maybe they are trying to reinforce her being more damage soak than damage dealing. As, you know, a tank.

xaosslug

More about getting that turret to level 2 faster, but not wanting to make his hammer the weapon of choice.

because of course that will become a thing. xD I mean by the time Torb would be at melee distance he would be dead, lbr.

I think the point is for him to be able to build his turrets faster. But a hammer speed buff would be a pretty big buff to his DPS

in theory, but his reach is so nonexistent that if he ever gets close enough to feasibly use his hammer as a weapon, he should be dead.

antitrop

Had a 59% damage healed game with Mercy, 8,000 healed in a 5 minute QP game. Think that's my highest percent healed, topping ~50% with Lucio.

ZfJGeC4m.png

Ya, I gave myself the Epic vote. :p

Zarya was fine. She didn't need a nerf.
It's maybe not even about that. Every character deserves a moment in the sun. Even if she was fairly balanced, she was still always picked and made other characters never get picked.

If she was 'fine' and is now mediocre and Dva was mediocre and is now 'fine' that just might be the natural progression of the game. It's fun for people who watch the pros and want to see different comps run. And it's fun for people like me who never play Dva and was a pretty good Zarya, now I get to learn a new hero.

Anne

BTW, tl;dr is that ult economy was so loaded all the time that snowballing was an issue, talked about it before, and smaller interactions were less valuable because they weren't contributing to ult heavy fights. This changes so much and ahhhh

zarya is just so bad now, you get much less energy and your ult takes even longer to charge on top of the less energy and less damage, that gravitron surge might go off like twice per match at most and rest of the game you're busy just spamming harmless grenades lol.

So typical blizzard balance, yeah?

Nerf or buff into the ground or the stratosphere.

Like if you want a meta to form a certain way, just tell us like Riot does at least. Don't claim it's to make the game "fun" or "fair" and then remove a character from play via nerfs.

Glad most of these changes won't make it out of the PTR.

Just as we're about to start a comeback streak on Nepal, our Reinhardt goes AFK and gets kicked.

You got to be....... I don't scold my teammates, but I've been really pushed to do so recently

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
15% ult cost for blizzard is fairly significant, but on the other hand a less ult death Ball meta is hugely beneficial to mei also.

A less ult deathball meta is hugely beneficial to defense period. More dry team fights means more ways to separate and pick without too much risk.

Goodie. Troll Master Rank goes Symmetra and places teleporters leading to cliffs/the other side of the map and constantly suicides.

Not sure what the hell enjoyment these trolls get out of the game. Was finally having a good day too, gotten 90 points back so far.

JHall

It's maybe not even about that. Every character deserves a moment in the sun. Even if she was fairly balanced, she was still always picked and made other characters never get picked.

If she was 'fine' and is now mediocre and Dva was mediocre and is now 'fine' that just might be the natural progression of the game. It's fun for people who watch the pros and want to see different comps run. And it's fun for people like me who never play Dva and was a pretty good Zarya, now I get to learn a new hero.

I'm in the camp of buff the other heros up instead of nerf the "OP" heros into the ground so other heros get their chance.

Anne

I think Zarya is still really freaking good in PTR. Shields still do exactly what they did before, she just has less damage.

Antiwhippy

I think Zarya is still really freaking good in PTR. Shields still do exactly what they did before, she just has less damage.

Nerf to damage is a nerf to graviton build up though, and with slower ult build up already and the increased threat of dva you really need to make your gravitons count, because i feel that you're going to see significantly less of them.

I'm in the camp of buff the other heros up instead of nerf the "OP" heros into the ground so other heros get their chance.
Yea I get that line of thinking. Could be dangerous just constantly buffing everyone though. Soon enough everyone is OP (yea, that means no one is, but the game would feel totally different, and TTK would go way down) and eventually the game could just become an unfixable mess.

The ebb and flow way is much more safe.

Jellie

Just lost a game because a guy stayed Genji all game even though they had a Winston and Mei. Diamond will be nothing new to me. lmao
Kill me.

I just remembered the game I won to get to diamond had an attack bastion. Some how won. Actually steamrolled cos me and mercy just kept healing the bastion on the payload till the end.

BTW, tl;dr is that ult economy was so loaded all the time that snowballing was an issue, talked about it before, and smaller interactions were less valuable because they weren't contributing to ult heavy fights. This changes so much and ahhhh
could you elaborate more pls? many of the abilities are still designed around snowballing - speed boost and nano boost in particular - so doesn't that mean there'll just be more time in between snowballing but that will still be how things go down?

Anne

Nerf to damage is a nerf to graviton build up though, and with slower ult build up already and the increased threat of dva you really need to make your gravitons count, because i feel that your going to see significantly less of them.

All of the ults are slower, it doesn't affect her that much. The big thing is shields enable the same as always.

If ult slowdown really fucks with her, then that's a larger meta shift that is harder to predict anyways.

Anne

could you elaborate more pls? many of the abilities are still designed around snowballing - speed boost and nano boost in particular - so doesn't that mean there'll just be more time in between snowballing but that will still be how things go down?

Basic idea if there are less ults constantly in play, smaller plays like single picks and stuff can lead into bigger stuff since they are less restricted by ult economy. If support ults are less common, they can't afford to blow them and turn fights all the time. It means its less likely for a team to be able to do a full ult fight directly after a take. There's more wiggle room for people to build ult if they made one fuck up but recovered.

Its a huge deal that comes with a ton of net positives, because the ult economy as it functions right now is borderline broken, and it's not a new topic. The overall net positive is that variance in ult charges will be down in general.

Antiwhippy

All of the ults are slower, it doesn't affect her that much. The big thing is shields enable the same as always.

If ult slowdown really fucks with her, then that's a larger meta shift that is harder to predict anyways.

I'm thinking that the ult charge NERF is going to affect the Heroes with the highest impact Ults, and graviton is one of the highest impact ones.

For example, i feel that Mccree is laughing himself all the way to the bank with the ult charge nerf. He doesn't give a shit about his ult, and more dry pushes hugely benefits him in that he doesn't have to worry about a team wipe ult coming nor a support ult making it harder for him to do his job

Jellie

So less ults=more emphasis on getting picks. Roadhog feeding would be less of a problem so would see more roadhog usage maybe?

Anne

High Noon is still a ridiculous ult at high level :v

But yeah, that's true. I just personally think that Zarya is so good at fighting that it won't hurt her too much, and that any overall shifts regarding ults wont change value too much.

Jacqli

Man, I love playing as Lúcio so that change is gonna hurt me a lot. And I was getting used to Zarya, now they nerf her. I do not like these changes :/, as I read above, I prefer buffing the rest rather than nerfing the most used characters.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm thinking that the ult charge NERF is going to affect the Heroes with the highest impact Ults, and graviton is one of the highest impact ones.

For example, i feel that Mccree is laughing himself all the way to the bank with the ult charge nerf. He doesn't give a shit about his ult, and more dry pushes hugely benefits him in that he doesn't have to worry about a team wipe ult coming nor a support ult making it harder for him to do his job

Zarya is like a swiss army knife. Her ult is amazing but she just fits every comp like a glove with her bubbles already, she still has all of that. Her damage still ramps up quickly even if it takes a bit longer with that change.

Roadhog is pretty interesting into all of this I think. picks with the hook have a larger impact as the game slows down and his ult is pretty assy.

darklin0

Banned
I just remembered the game I won to get to diamond had an attack bastion. Some how won. Actually steamrolled cos me and mercy just kept healing the bastion on the payload till the end.

That is the only way to win in that situation. Play around the Bastion or lose.

Antiwhippy

High Noon is still a ridiculous ult at high level :v

But yeah, that's true. I just personally think that Zarya is so good at fighting that it won't hurt her too much, and that any overall shifts regarding ults wont change value too much.

Oh i know the benefits of high noon for higher level play but i feel like he can operate just fine without it

Yash would like to see how those zarya nerfs play out in live play. I think it's pretty significant but I've been proven wrong quite a number of times.

I just hope dva can come out now once in awhile.

What do you think about blizzard charge rate nerfs btw?

Basic idea if there are less ults constantly in play, smaller plays like single picks and stuff can lead into bigger stuff since they are less restricted by ult economy. If support ults are less common, they can't afford to blow them and turn fights all the time. It means its less likely for a team to be able to do a full ult fight directly after a take. There's more wiggle room for people to build ult if they made one fuck up but recovered.

Its a huge deal that comes with a ton of net positives, because the ult economy as it functions right now is borderline broken, and it's not a new topic. The overall net positive is that variance in ult charges will be down in general.
Cool, thank you for explaining :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom