• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dvas ult? Rein can shield, Mei can wall, Lucio can speedboost, individual abilities like Reaper's wraith get out of it...plus it's still super telegraphed already. You don't really need Zarya to counter it, you basically just punish Dva for being Dva even more and charge off of it.

Or do you mean Dva eating graviton? Zarya can kill her mech so easily she should basically just hold it until she's in her suit.
No I meant d.VA is the only one who can completely negate zarya's ult. Some characters can get out of but shes the only one who can make it go away completely.

Sorry if I'm unclear I'm stealth posting at work from my phone lol

Zarya is picked more than reinhardt.

Every tank is picked more than Dva.

Lol no winston does not need more help.

Winston definitely needs help, he was balanced when hero stacking (unfortunately alive in quick play) was a thing. Even with his current balance, the double Winston combo was a very fucked up composition and one of the (various) reasons why we only have a 1HL in comp.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No I meant d.VA is the only one who can completely negate zarya's ult. Some characters can get out of but shes the only one who can make it go away completely.

Sorry if I'm unclear I'm stealth posting at work from my phone lol

Nah I get it now. I haven't found it to be an issue though, Zarya will always be so strong against Dva's kit that having to even play into that matchup is always going to be fine. I'm never unhappy to see a dva on the other team, and even if these buffs/nerfs go through I would feel the same.

Winston definitely needs help, he was balanced when hero stacking (unfortunately alive in quick play) was a thing. Even with his current balance, the double Winston combo was a very fucked up composition and of the (various) reasons why we only have a 1HL in comp.

He's a really strong character but he requires a lot more coordination to really get anything done which is why he can feel weak solo with no backup.

It does suck they nerfed his shield HP from before basically due to stacking so I could see them reverting that but everything else seems fine.

Zarya nerfs were very predictable. Too many threads on Blizzard's forums tends to do that. Same thing happened to Genji. Hopefully it went affect her too hard. Us Widow players had to wait months for some kind of buff to her after she got nerfed.

Owzers

Ult nerf is a good change. The game feels like way more of an ult fest at the moment than when it first launched.
I hope it sticks, so many occasions it felt like a character who just ulted last fight has their ult again, I'd like to see more regular fights.

aeolist

Banned
i don't think zarya needs a nerf because when i play her and do well i feel like it's because i'm good and not because she's OP

that hasn't been the case for everyone, like as an ana player obviously boost needs that nerf and the same for mei

Kiro

What would be the most hilarious/coolest character from another IP added to this game?

I think Ratchet and Clank would be pretty funny.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i don't think zarya needs a nerf because when i play her and do well i feel like it's because i'm good and not because she's OP

that hasn't been the case for everyone, like as an ana player obviously boost needs that nerf and the same for mei

I mean

I'm sure every Genji would tell you the same thing

Dunfisch

Hahaha, those changes, oh man. Aight Blizz, I'll wait and see what makes it through to Live once it's all said and done.

Oh, but the prestige change? Yeeeah... coulda just been honest and said "Prestiging guarantees lots of loot boxes quickly. We don't like it when you earn free boxes quickly. We don't like it when you can avoid the grind and associated slow box gain during events. Buy boxes!".

Heh.

Paired with the exact same group that goes Tracer, Hanzo and Widowmaker for DPS at the same time, twice. Where's the "Avoid this player?"

And now paired against the same Tracer that can kick my team's tanks easily, twice

I mean she was pretty damn good but yeah also required smart bubble management. She is a 3 star hero for a reason.

I mean

I'm sure every Genji would tell you the same thing
Genji has the highest skill ceiling in the game so they'd be right.

....... this game's matchmaking is pushing my limit "We won't allow you to have 10 more wins than your total amount of losses, you'll get a giant ass losing streak now."

But.... mustn't rage

Another day another huge SR drop. About to fall back into the 3200s, from a game with a rage quitter, to raging 13 year olds, to a team that doesnt understand trickling doesnt work.

nonsense wiggles, why trickling is what will earn you that sick play of the game where you get a team kill by yourself with a crafty ult.
...is what I assume some of these suicidal folks are thinking.

Nimby

Banned
Ana needs to heal like way less, she is doing Mercy's job but better, and cutting into every other supports playtime. I know people are sensitive Ana nerfs, but I actually think a full removal of speed boost is too much. I can't experience PTR so I can't be certain though. She needs to heal around 50 per shot, because she has other sources for healing like her bionade which also increases the effectiveness of all healing.

So about what I'd like to see for Ana:

Biotic Rifle - Heals 50-60 compared to 75 (Mercy heals 60 per second), maybe increase fire rate slightly?
Biotic Grenade - Heals 75 compared to 100, and has a 50-75% healing boost compared to 100%, slight radius increase again?
Nano Boost - Adjust charge rate to coincide with new healing outputs, adjust speed boost?
Console related buffs - I'm unsure if Ana has aim assist on allies, but she probably should.

dralla

Love the universal utl nerf. The game gets too ult heavy later in matches. Zarya is my most played character, those nerfs look pretty significant. I expected damage nerfs but 20% off shield charge is a lot.

Are there any PS4 people on here? I'm usually in quick play by myself and it gets frustrating. I play all classes. I'm level 91 atm. PSN; DirtyWorm.

xCobalt

How much slower does Mei charge her ultimate now? Patch notes says 25% for all characters but Mei specifically has 15%. Is it 15% or 40%?

Veelk

Banned
Happy to see mah girl D.Va getting buffed. I feel that's a reasonable change that will go through.

I'm not happy about ults not charging for damage dealt to turrets, but I guess it's one way to make Torbjorn more viable.

I doubt that Zarya nerf is going to go through, atleast as is. Maybe something like 10%

Meanwhile, Blizzard continues to hate Widowmaker for some reason.

Veelk

Banned
20% damage reduction from her shields is pretty extreme to my mind.
I don't think it will go through, but Zarya is really an EXTREMELY powerful character. She's a tank, half her health regenerates, can put up shields, and when she's fully charged, she's a goddamn nightmare to anything in her way. Worst of all, she's a hard counter to the best character in the game, D.Va. I don't know if she's even waht you'd call overpowered, but it can take a lot to bring a decent Zarya player down.

So if they have to work a bit harder to get that charge up, I think that's okay. 20% may be a bit extreme, but something of that nature is something I'd welcome.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How much slower does Mei charge her ultimate now? Patch notes says 25% for all characters but Mei specifically has 15%. Is it 15% or 40%?

Her ult cost use increased by 15%.

So it doesn't directly correlate to ult charge. You need to measure how long the ult charge takes to fill that 15%.

Tovarisc

Ana needs to heal like way less, she is doing Mercy's job but better, and cutting into every other supports playtime. I know people are sensitive Ana nerfs, but I actually think a full removal of speed boost is too much. I can't experience PTR so I can't be certain though. She needs to heal around 50 per shot, because she has other sources for healing like her bionade which also increases the effectiveness of all healing.

So about what I'd like to see for Ana:

Biotic Rifle - Heals 50-60 compared to 75 (Mercy heals 60 per second), maybe increase fire rate slightly?
Biotic Grenade - Heals 75 compared to 100, and has a 50-75% healing boost compared to 100%, slight radius increase again?
Nano Boost - Adjust charge rate to coincide with new healing outputs, adjust speed boost?
Console related buffs - I'm unsure if Ana has aim assist on allies, but she probably should.

Ana is most powerful single target healer in the game. Only weakness she has that Mercy doesn't have is need to reload once in a while, but reload time is very short making her consistent healer that can maintain strong single target healing even in combat. Been kinda surprised that no one is really bothered by Ana basically taking over Mercy's niche as most powerful single target healer. What is going for Mercy is her ult, but if you want fast and strong single target healing Ana is kinda your gramma for the job.

Redmoon

I don't suppose that was you I ran into on PTR on Hanamura, Vault Dweller 111, was it? Seems like its a pretty unique name :p .

I wanna say no cause I think you play on console

Prelude.

That seems like it might be your ISP... there's at least one in the U.K. that heavily throttles when it thinks people are asleep.
I'm not in the UK but maybe. It's just that I can't see anything wrong if I check my speed/packet loss/latency after being disconnected, so it's pretty frustrating.

aeolist

Banned
as long as they don't touch reinhardt

reinhardt is weird because i don't think he's OP but he's basically required on any attack/defend map and is still really useful on koth too

if they added a new character who's different but can fill the same role that'd be better than any nerf

Anne

Okay I'm home and I can go into stuff

Torb
His changes are kinda neat, but they aren't really the type of straight buffs to what he does now. Like, turret building is sped up to around where it was pre animation cancel nerf. Remember that was a thing at some point and it didn't matter. So I'm going to write that off as whatever really. The other changes to the system are nice, like hitting turrets no longer giving ult and things being slower in general. Changing scrap is also really cool, it means he can go more towards a support/DPS type slot similar to Mei rather than just being a shitty DPS most of the time.

That being said, the main problem is he's pretty shit in a committed fight in a game all about fights, and none of his changes fix that. The armor dropping constantly is nice, but when a fight happens it generally will just get melted through anyways. So it's hard to call. If the game really is slower and it's less likely ults will just blow through his set up and armor, he might be good. If that doesn't happen he'll just be some niche surprise pick. It's pretty up in the air.

Lucio
Whatever, nerf him into the ground and he'll still be picked because he's the only character with a speedboost

Mei
Well no shit. This makes complete sense considering the way her ult played with economy. She'll still fill more or less the same role just as well

Soldier
If this doesn't make him somewhat competitive then I don't know what will. You can't really just increase his damage much past this or he's just going to start out DPSing McCree. I still feel like McCree will be the more well rounded hitscan character, but if this doesn't at least get Soldier into Numbani or KoTH or whatever then I'm just going to shrug and forget about him.

D.Va
I'm so confused by these changes. It feel like they want to push her more into the Winston type slot, but don't know how to do it. It's a set of really nice buffs, but I dunno how they're going to shake out because she's just a better D.Va. The character is obnoxious, they made her way more obnoxious (again), but her role is the same and that role is rarely needed. Just depends on how obnoxious that extra health turns out to be.

Ana
Fucking RIP Reinhardt strat. Beyblade and sword and McCree and all the DPS combos should still be fine, but it's a huge power loss. Ana is still very good and DPS combos are still very dumb, but she loses a lot of flexibility and I'm unsure as to where all the strats will go. I just have a hard time deciding between whether or not it'll force in other support picks or if people will just do more linear strats with her involving DPS combos.

Zarya
Bubbles are still dumb, damage is down. She'll still fill the exact same role, she just doesn't accidentally win entire fights off her damage now too. Seems like a fair way to balance her really. I don't expect her pickrate to fall by much.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
20% damage reduction from her shields is pretty extreme to my mind.

It won't impact much really. A full charge from shield is now gonna be 40, so something like double shield as you run into Rein's firestrike is still going to massively charge her...she still does massive damage at that range, and can still easily climb up to 100 when the cooldown is over by strafing into a choke.

Looking at my stats my average Zarya energy in QP is 37% and in Comp it's 42%. Assuming these go through as is that will at best drop these a couple of percent.

Her bubbles are still incredibly strong lifesaver tools that offer unmatched utility even if her damage overall ends up going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom