• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What is zarya's dps at 80 compared to 100?

I believe she works on a 1%:1 ratio. So at 100% she's basically double her normal damage.

95 per second with particle cannon becomes 190 per second at 100%, so 171...though that's assuming she's static at that percent which doesn't really happen makes tracking her DPS hard. I'm not sure what the damage on her alt fire is.

But basically she still will do a shitload of damage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A full second at 100 charge is 190, at 80 charge it's 171.

Per round that is 9.5 at 100 and 8.55 at 80.

It's still a lot of damage.

Hmm, it is, but she has dmg decay to worry about, so I dunno how that would translate to how she'll play out live.

I think a better question would be what's her damage going from 80-60 compared to going 100-80, or is it not as relevant as I think it is?

Nimby

Banned
Might just be me, but Mercy was sorta pinned as the 'premier' single target healer. If they want Ana to compete with that then buff Mercy, but I don't think they should really buff single target healing more than what Mercy has. I would like to see Res (and Teleporter) grant some brief invincibilty to the people revived. At least give the revives a chance to avoid the ult-ening after the Res.

I think Torb turrets need more health and more DPS overall. Lvl 1 turret is basically useless and when the enemies are already there they just get destroyed and don't really amount to anything.

D.Va needs to compete with Zarya's niche instead of Winston. His role is pretty fringe anyway, we don't need D.Va cutting into his usage. How to accomplish this? Iunno...

Redmoon

Every time...EVERY time, I play WM on the PTR's I immediately get the Smooth as Silk achievement during the first round with her.

What am I doing wrong on live :<

AngryMoth

I swear to god this game is programmed to put you on bad teams when you are on tilt. Decided to stay up late and play one more game after a close loss. Played out of my skin as Tracer and got 4 golds but still got beat 3-0 on Illios. Soloed 3/4 people multiple times before dying, feeling good, surely the team will be able to cap the point after that. Nope, most of them just died...

Fancolors

Anyone knows if there's a date for when these potential changes could go live? I'm at 95 and wanna get the prestige bonus loot, but won't have any time this weekend to grind :/

Tovarisc

Anyone knows if there's a date for when these potential changes could go live? I'm at 95 and wanna get the prestige bonus loot, but won't have any time this weekend to grind :/

Considering these changes are meant to be "out there" and adjusted over longer period of time I wouldn't expect balance patch for several weeks, at least.

The ult change is just more dancing around the issue of having ult charge drop on death which would fix a lot of the games problems. Making the charge rate slower overall will just make people play even safer and utl showdowns more critical.

The ult change is just more dancing around the issue of having ult charge drop on death which would fix a lot of the games problems. Making the charge rate slower overall will just make people play even safer and utl showdowns more critical.
Yea but losing ult on death wouldn't make people play safer at all.

Uh huh

well i mean...................................... he can infinitely reapply it so not sure what youre looking for in this instance balancewise

Dva would still have a short bit of time to step out of the line of sight or other side of the payload with the shield up.

Instead of throwing up the matrix and knowing no matter what after the shield ends you are done for, its impossible for others to not hit her, Dva's so large the discord orb itself is a death sentence

Tovarisc

Game revolves way too heavily around ults and comboing them. In most team fights you can pretty much guess outcome based on what heroes have ult ready going in and who uses when and in what order. Basically simple set of chess piece moves and if one move is out of order or forced into wrong spot you most likely lose team fight.

Bursts of action which can get predictable and boring.

Yea but losing ult on death wouldn't make people play safer at all.

Uh huh

It wouldn't because of how powerful good trades would be. Same reason in TF2 a scout can suicide dive a medic to create an advantage. However in overwatch if you did the same to a mercy and you killed her too early, you can sometimes wind up helping her to "hide" when the full team fight goes off and so she's back in time for a big rez. This is extremely counter intuitive but it's how overwatch functions as an ult spamming game.

Having ults drop on death creates pressure on both teams to disallow each other to "farm" charge. It encourages more fighting with regular abilities and decreases the reliability of ults.

Well I can definitely see why people play Dva so much despite being lower tier. Lots of fun. That faster moving while shooting would be great.

You PC people need to get on it with the impressions for us peasants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom