• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the fact that I'll probably stay a Platinum "Peasant", but losing streaks still blow like not getting any not spray/skin thing from Halloween Boxes yet.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not to mention old Zen who could harmony orb someone forever so the flankers would also self sustain on top of everything else.

Laputa_94

Just had the match with the most lag of my life in competitive. When it happens I end up going with Junkrat due to random chance. It included vast teleporting, reload animations playing on loop for ten times in a row, time traveling, junkrat tires exploding them keep driving and used again. The best thing is that we won.

Just had the largest match of my life in competitive. When it happens I end up going with Junkrat due to random chance. It included vast teleporting, reload animations playing on loop for ten times in a row, time traveling, junkrat tires exploding them keep driving and used again. The best thing is that we won.
Took me way too long to realize that largest was supposed to be laggiest.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It wouldn't because of how powerful good trades would be. Same reason in TF2 a scout can suicide dive a medic to create an advantage. However in overwatch if you did the same to a mercy and you killed her too early, you can sometimes wind up helping her to "hide" when the full team fight goes off and so she's back in time for a big rez. This is extremely counter intuitive but it's how overwatch functions as an ult spamming game.

Having ults drop on death creates pressure on both teams to disallow each other to "farm" charge. It encourages more fighting with regular abilities and decreases the reliability of ults.

It would work similarly to how the Random Character upon death Brawl, even if you get RNGd the same character, you lose ult charge. It feels bad, man.

Just had the largest match of my life in competitive. When it happens I end up going with Junkrat due to random chance. It included vast teleporting, reload animations playing on loop for ten times in a row, time traveling, junkrat tires exploding them keep driving and used again. The best thing is that we won.

Teleporting tires too strong lol. So glad we pull through with a win. Would've been a bummer for you to deal with that and lose.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It wouldn't because of how powerful good trades would be. Same reason in TF2 a scout can suicide dive a medic to create an advantage. However in overwatch if you did the same to a mercy and you killed her too early, you can sometimes wind up helping her to "hide" when the full team fight goes off and so she's back in time for a big rez. This is extremely counter intuitive but it's how overwatch functions as an ult spamming game.

Having ults drop on death creates pressure on both teams to disallow each other to "farm" charge. It encourages more fighting with regular abilities and decreases the reliability of ults.

Sounds like you just want a different game.

I feel like pc and console HAVE to see separate balancing. I don't play on pc, but when I see people talk about what goes on there...it's clearly different from what I'm experiencing on console.

Maybe it's because I'm a gold tier scrub, I dunno.

Tovarisc

I feel like pc and console HAVE to see separate balancing. I don't play on pc, but when I see people talk about what goes on there...it's clearly different from what I'm experiencing on console.

Maybe it's because I'm a gold tier scrub, I dunno.

Tjorb and Symmetra are different of console than they are on PC. Turrets deal less damage on consoles.

It would also make support players all but die out except for the most hardcore supports. Here's why: Pick off the support all the time, and they will never charge their ults to counter DPS ults. In most teamfights, the thing that can turn the tide around the most, is support ults. Either a Mercy rez or Lucio/Zen counteracting an ult stack of Zarya/Reinhardt + DPS.

This will make supports extremely frustrating to play, because except for Zenyatta and to a lesser extent Ana, none can hold their own, and in a 1v1 against a flanker, even they normally won't manage to live.

So in lower levels of play, playing support will be extremely infuriating, because already nobody gives a shit about protecting the support and they often get picked off (while the team spams "I need healing!"). However, with this massive emphasis on taking out ult charge, you will have a dedicated Tracer or Reaper whose sole purpose is basically spawn camping and keeping the support dead at all times. Due to that kind of frustration nobody will ever play healer ever again.

In competent levels of play, you will have to have at least 1-2 people babysitting the support so they don't get picked off by flankers, and if you fuck up, which is easy because of disabling abilities like McCree's stun grenade, the support ult is gone. This will also give a massive comeback to Widowmaker and even more Hanzos, because they can essentially safely pick off the support from a distance by just aiming at them, since it's so easy for them to oneshot a low health target like healers.

Also, Symmetra would become even more useless.

xaosslug

if ults dropped on death they would be spammed even more, and no one would use ults strategically at all because use it or lose it, etc. What you propose is insanity and would throw this game into chaos, tbh. LOL

Who has a higher skill ceiling than genji?

Genuinely asking because on console even with revamped controls I'm garbage with him yet all the top ps4 pros (lol right) main him.

McCree maybe? I dunno, haven't played much Genji. McCree needs actual mechanical skill tho.

Fake edit. Not saying Genji doesn't take mechanical skill. Just seems easier to land projectiles imo.

Trey

As in, every time you die, your ult charge resets to zero? Nah, I'm not too keen on ults becoming killsteak rewards.

McCree maybe? I dunno, haven't played much Genji. McCree needs actual mechanical skill tho.

Fake edit. Not saying Genji doesn't take mechanical skill. Just seems easier to land projectiles imo.

McCree is up there for sure but with Genji his weapon is projectile based, in a three round burst, he doesn't have a stun AND he has to be jumping around while shooting.

McCree is up there for sure but with Genji his weapon is projectile based, in a three round burst, he doesn't have a stun AND he has to be jumping around while shooting.

Yeah, fair enough. Deflect is kinda cheesy imo, you can shoot him in the back and he still deflects. The fuck kinda bs is that.

Trey

genji, widow, hanzo sorta (if you discount lucky picks) are up there. a good mccree is devestating for sure, though

ISOM

ah I didn't know that, yeah that's bs

hanzo in theory should take a lot of skill to do well with

in practice his magnetic arrows clean up shop

Yeah you're wrong on that. To be good with Hanzo requires skill. Any bad player or average player can get some picks but that's true with a lot of heroes. There's a reason why even pro players don't really use him even though he can put out a lot of dps. He's hard to consistently land shots at a high level.

darklin0

Banned
As Pharah I got a card for 15 elimination spree with 58% kill participation and our Mercy had a 15 defensive assists with 58% kill participation card. I asked if we were soulmates and I got shot down. Overwatch is a cruel mistress. ;-;

SlickVic

Hmm, for some reason my Battle net is stuck on an update. Uninstalled it and now it's stuck installing. Weird. I need to get my daily loot box.

Edit: Just needed to let it run for 30 minutes and it finished. Not sure why it took so long

As Pharah I got a card for 15 elimination spree with 58% kill participation and our Mercy had a 15 defensive assists with 58% kill participation card. I asked if we were soulmates and I got shot down. Overwatch is a cruel mistress. ;-;

Lulz, Mercy looks like a snobby bitch anyway...you're better off without her.

Odrion

Banned
Okay, after getting to 2931 I lost my way down to 2750 but then managed to fight my way back up to 2880. What's the safest way of securing that diamond when you're that close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom