• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new PTR update. It says all Ults have been increased by 25%. Then it goes on to say Mei's Ult has been increased by 15%.

Does this mean Mei's Ult has now been increased by 40% or that she lucks out once again?

IIRC, when self-healing was changed to build Ult charge, Mei's Ult cost was never increased unlike other characters who could self-heal. So here everyone just got a 25% increase around the board, but Mei got an additional 15% increase to bring her cost more in line with other self-healers.

XenoRaven

Sweet, nothing is working. I don't have access to all my gods in Smite, Overwatch won't let me log in, and Twitter won't load. Awesome.

So there's a breaking news block on title screen that's says they are aware of problems with ps4 overwatch.

My friends list is down as well so...Psn shenanigans I guess?

Anne

It's kind of weird being able to generate armor while still in the spawn with Torb, seems like something they forgot to prevent.

I'm pretty sure that is something they are intentionally testing. Torb's armor currently is /terrible/ for the simple reason that you can't have it up before a fight happens. Giving him the ability to have some up before the match starts seems very intentional.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kind of do think talespin is the weak link of envyus right now.

Just doesn't seem to be able to do much work in this meta.

I-hate-u

That Mei ult from Lunatic-Hai

Worst+ones+are+the+ones+who+icewall+teammates+delibratly+doing+_778d12035d01e5d5fbfba7085ccb9294.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is something they are intentionally testing. Torb's armor currently is /terrible/ for the simple reason that you can't have it up before a fight happens. Giving him the ability to have some up before the match starts seems very intentional.

Yeah, against a good team you're basically 5v6 for the first fight if you have a Torbjorn. But if you can armor up your supports for the first fight, suddenly the balance shifts back a little bit. I think this is actually a really good change for the Competitive queue, but it won't make an ounce of difference for pro-level play (since you'll have fewer armors up moving forward due to getting fewer per body).

LiK

Still no Overwatch figures and no restock of the Tracer statue. OW merch fucking sucks. Enough with those shitty Funko Pops.

Prelude.

Yeah, but they made sure nothing charges up before a match starts so it's a bit weird seeing it go up before you're even allowed to leave the spawn.

But anyway, the main thing that I always thought was awkward, and that gets mostly fixed with this change, is that, usually, people get him on defense and for the first part of the match the enemy team dies (dropping scrap) at the choke point, or generally nowhere near where you wanna be with Torb, so the game kinda forced him to get away from the team all the way to the choke just to collect it, and with Torb being the garbage hero that he is, it certainly wasn't a smart thing to do. At least now he can get some before the enemy starts dying closer to the point, and hopefully that pushes people to support the team instead of keeping it for themselves.

Nazo

Bought 50 loot boxes last night. Got everything I wanted except for Witch Mercy. Only like 500 coins from just outright buying it though so its all good.

It's weird, when I wasn't getting the stuff I wanted from just slowly earning crates I felt this kind of anxiety that I had to play and at least get one loot box a day. Now it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

This'll probably be the first and last time I buy loot boxes though.

Still no Overwatch figures and no restock of the Tracer statue. OW merch fucking sucks. Enough with those shitty Funko Pops.

I like the pop reaper, would like a McCree too.

What are these other Overwatch figures you speak of?

Oh wait, guess you're sayin they're are no others maybe.

Remember they made those giant promo ones for display purposes? Imagine real action figures.

I pretty much had zero knowledge of the game before the free weekend they did. Gonna Google up an check the promos.

So yeah...seen a Tracer, Genji and Pharah.

They are pretty sweet, would definitely buy some to play around with my kids.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really wish the fucking battle.net client would just update my fucking taskbar shortcut like any sensible windows program.

I haven't been able to play more than a random one-off game to make sure I get my First Win of the Day bonus. I'm at level 98 and can get those sweet fast boxes but I just haven't been able to put in the time.

Now, I have company coming for the weekend, going out of town next weekend, work madness continuing during the week.

Pour one out for me.

I guess tightmou avoided the interview...

Haha, this is a good post.

Greddleok

I haven't been able to play more than a random one-off game to make sure I get my First Win of the Day bonus. I'm at level 98 and can get those sweet fast boxes but I just haven't been able to put in the time.

Now, I have company coming for the weekend, going out of town next weekend, work madness continuing during the week.

Pour one out for me.

I'm at 91, I know the feeling. Can't play on the weekend. I REALLY hope there's no update this Tuesday. 1 more week Blizzard, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom