• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stromlord

Too bad there is no chance of the torb buff going live, would love to see an entire meta shift from tanks to dps again.

Definitely could see torb having a 90% pickrate in high elo/pro matches and it would be glorious (though the 90% might just come from low level teams getting rolled and being forced to switch, probably closer to 100% in the top 5 teams).

Torb will prob also have to place his turret whenever it's off cooldown for maximum ult generation, the ult nerf + turret buff makes it difficult to justify actually ever upgrading that darn thing except after team wipes, so I really don't see what the hammer buff is about.

Auctopus

I'm starting to pick up more Lucio skills and on most Payload maps if people stay near me, I can usually do a lot of carrying to the win.

The issue is when I play as Lucio, absolutely nobody wants to come near me.

Chance

I'm starting to pick up more Lucio skills and on most Payload maps if people stay near me, I can usually do a lot of carrying to the win.

That's when you switch to Mercy and pocket, or say fuck it and go DPS/Winston/D.va/Mei.

Auctopus

That's when you switch to Mercy and pocket, or say fuck it and go DPS/Winston/D.va/Mei.

It's usually the latter. Sometimes followed by messages from teammates asking why I switched to DPS as nobody can heal them now.

The problem with Mercy pocketing I've found is that people just don't protect you anymore. Especially in the higher levels, they think they can solo the whole team or they think it's your responsibility to pump them full of steroids so they can solo the whole team.

Fancolors

Paladins is cool, its main problem is the very uninspired character designs. I like how long the ultimates in that game take to charge. It makes me look forward for the future changes in the ulti economy.

Chance

It's usually the latter. Sometimes followed by messages from teammates asking why I switched to DPS as nobody can heal them now.

The problem with Mercy pocketing I've found is that people just don't protect you anymore. Especially in the higher levels, they think they can solo the whole team or they think it's your responsibility to pump them full of steroids so they can solo the whole team.

This is true, but I've had a lot of games where we've turned the tide just by pocketing a flanking Reaper and distancing myself from him, rubber-banding over to him with GA and putting him between me and my attacker, and distancing again. It helps a ton if they understand how GA works.

When that doesn't work? Tracer.

Paladins is cool, its main problem is the very uninspired character designs. I like how long the ultimates in that game take to charge. It makes me look forward for the future changes in the ulti economy.

i found it very floaty tbh. like nothing had any weight to it. the maps were pretty tho.

That's almost like how people want heals from ana but they keep moving around

Fancolors

i found it very floaty tbh. like nothing had any weight to it. the maps were pretty tho.

That too. Overwatch spoiled me on character animation and feedback, the general feeling is much better there than Paladins.

Still, that is on beta so there's room for improvement.

release sombra already blizz pls

Danj

Raising my bar a little bit with Pharah this afternoon:

G5DlJmz.jpg

Our team won 3-1. Sadly I'm still not back in the 1500s yet:

Got my first Ana potg! It was only a lifesaver, but totally worth it. I killed a Reinhardy mid charge with a team mate trapped in it.

A sleep dart in that same situation feels really good.

Crowd control in general has been feeling good lately. Maybe that's why I've been trotting out Mei when I never used to play her. Like, at all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As someone that has a lot of playtime as Ana. The Genjis flipping around and Tracers blinking spamming "I need heals" is extremely annoying.

It can be annoying, but honestly my philosophy as healer is that you need to get out of the way of the person you're healing as much as possible. Like, you should be able to hit flipping genjis in the heat of battle, because if they have to stop for you to heal them you're getting in the way of what they have to do.

It can be annoying, but honestly my philosophy as healer is that you need to get out of the way of the person you're healing as much as possible. Like, you should be able to hit flipping genjis in the heat of battle, because if they have to stop for you to heal them you're getting in the way of what they have to do.

I'm fine with doing it in the heat of battle. It's when there is no fighting they still move around and still spam they need healing

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm fine with doing it in the heat of battle. It's when there is no fighting they still move around and still spam they need healing

Eh, just take it as target practice. :p

What annoys me more are teammates that do not push during sound barrier/trancendence, Like, you know you can fucking attack them and not take damage during these ults right? I even told them to push in but for whatever reason nope, everyone is too busy not taking advantage of all the extra health they get.

Moonkeis

Eh, just take it as target practice. :p

What annoys me more are teammates that do not push during sound barrier/trancendence, Like, you know you can fucking attack them and not take damage during these ults right? I even told them to push in but for whatever reason nope, everyone is too busy not taking advantage of all the extra health they get.

I just had a Rein do that on the last match. I dropped the damn beat, everyone goes in, except the damn Rein with his shield still up behind...

So how many brave souls are we losing to BF1? I bought it on Xbone to play with real life friends.

I suck at it so far coming from Overwatch, and I dont find it as enjoyable But it's pretty fun in its own way. I think I'll still put in a decent amount of time on Overwatch.

if Sombra releases

So how many brave souls are we losing to BF1? I bought it on Xbone to play with real life friends.

I suck at it so far coming from Overwatch, and I dont find it as enjoyable But it's pretty fun in its own way. I think I'll still put in a decent amount of time on Overwatch.

if Sombra releases

I hate buying new games, cause usually I'll only play them for a week or two and we go back to what we normally play.

Prelude.

Is that why I was having issues yesterday night/this afternoon with severe lag leading to a dc? I use Google DNS and now that I restored them to default I can play (badly) even with a super saturated connection without disconnects.

xaosslug

it's really interesting spectating a good Junkrat main, and seeing how they try never to be out in the open, and keep hidden.

that's not how I play him at all. xD

LiK

it's really interesting spectating a good Junkrat main, and seeing how they try never to be out in the open, and keep hidden.

that's not how I play him at all. xD

Depends. I've seen some bad Junks try to stay hidden and just end up doing jack shit at holding an objective. I play him pretty aggressively and it's all a matter of doing enough damage that the enemy players don't even wanna come near you.

Stromlord

* Dva checks out new PTR patch notes

"I'm number one!"

More of a nerf than a buff in the grand scheme of things considering how incredibly dependent she is on both her zero suit and mech form and how ult charge factors into that.

Not factoring in her dependency on her armor, regenerating health instead of armor when she low might turn out to be quite the liability with her giant hitbox.

Her biggest buff in the patch prob is the fact that Zarya got nerfed (and most likely will continue to get nerfed, her kit is just far too versatile and effective for Blizzard to maintain the status quo), though the additional movement speed during engagements may be enough to justify her usage on maps where Zarya generally isn't picked on like point capture.

But the fact still remains, she is a worse Rein when it comes to blocking incoming damage (in particular his ability to block off high amounts of ult charge is amazing), a worse flanker than Winston in most instances due to the lack of shields which blocks virtually every stun (unless you run em together), and Zarya does generally more in most cases while providing a higher impact on the game.

A jack of all trades but master of none if you so will.

komaruR

beat hard brawl on ps4 with my buddies yesterday. Was on my alt since I was trying to level it to 25. Didn't really care for the spray but at least its quite a feat and possible for ps4.

btw, I kept reading some past post mentioning hanzo is usually look down upon in the brawl. I'll tell you, hanzo is the only hero that can 1 shot headshot the bombardier. If you practice well, hanzo is deadly and plays a major support role for hard (dragon junkenstein, so mccree can dead eye kill it). A well place scatter arrow can destroy the riptire in one go too.

I challenge you guys to get atleast 120+ enemy kills in medium brawl for hanzo! :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when you queue with randoms and they all lock to damage dealers
CvRTK--XYAAL2G3.jpg

straight up why i'm not playing comp anymore. tired of it. I really wish you could queue as roles. Like I know the game encourages constantly shifting teams but at some brackets you just don't see it. Junkrat is Junkrat all game long.

I don't intend on playing Paladins (although the dragon character is so fucking adorable , ahhhh), but I'm really glad that Hi-Rez, who have a pretty good track record with multiplayer games, is putting up some competition.
Overwatch needed competition really badly, and although Paladins doesn't look very refined yet, it eventually will be. This will keep Blizzard on their toes and make sure that they're not resting on their laurels. It really only benefits us in the long run.

When does the Halloween event end? I need to know when I should spend my creds, and I want to wait until the last day.

November 1.

Odrion

Banned
Torb's changes make sense. There should be defensive champions that are able to stop the momentum of the other team when his team just lost a point and the whole scrap and armor system was the exact opposite of that. This seems like a direct response to the rush capping strats that made Lucio so popular.

I don't know how I feel about the ult cost changes. I'm guessing it was done to demphasize ults in fights but I have a feeling it's just going to result in less engagement until everybody has their ults.

xaosslug

Depends. I've seen some bad Junks try to stay hidden and just end up doing jack shit at holding an objective. I play him pretty aggressively and it's all a matter of doing enough damage that the enemy players don't even wanna come near you.

yeah, I've personally had the best results playing him super-aggressively, and getting all up in the fray. My biggest problem is self-damage, tho. Because when I get in a 1v1 encounter I'm down to 75hp. x__x

beat hard brawl on ps4 with my buddies yesterday. Was on my alt since I was trying to level it to 25. Didn't really care for the spray but at least its quite a feat and possible for ps4.

btw, I kept reading some past post mentioning hanzo is usually look down upon in the brawl. I'll tell you, hanzo is the only hero that can 1 shot headshot the bombardier. If you practice well, hanzo is deadly and plays a major support role for hard (dragon junkenstein, so mccree can dead eye kill it). A well place scatter arrow can destroy the riptire in one go too.

I challenge you guys to get atleast 120+ enemy kills in medium brawl for hanzo! :p

A good Hanzo is crucial for the Brawl on hard. They stack tires, bombardiers and usually a Reaper all at the same time.

Obviously, a good McCree is a requirement. 76 helps clear the trash, mostly, with group heals. Ana seems to be around mostly for the nanoboost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom