• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

Think I'm finally gonna take the plunge on a 144Hz monitor. Got matched up with a random last night that just spent the entire match talking in team chat about how great his new 144 was and I've decided it's time.

Think I'm finally gonna take the plunge on a 144Hz monitor. Got matched up with a random last night that just spent the entire match talking in team chat about how great his new 144 was and I've decided it's time.

Can you drive OW at that though? I have a 980TI and I have shadows on medium and push 120 FPS on Ultra at 1440p.

I mean yeah it's great but it's not like it makes you better at the game or anything. It just makes it look smoother and less ghosting.

I just wanted to buy one monitor for the next decade, and that was the one.

Don't mean to ruin the hype, just don't want you to drop a ton of cash because some guy was dickwaving lol.

komaruR

A good Hanzo is crucial for the Brawl on hard. They stack tires, bombardiers and usually a Reaper all at the same time.

Obviously, a good McCree is a requirement. 76 helps clear the trash, mostly, with group heals. Ana seems to be around mostly for the nanoboost.

Ana is a great bombardier killer too. Bombardier are so annoying on hard. Those aimbots!

looks like my buddy uploaded the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HT6iAcWZc
I'm its_torbjorn in there. (leveling alt :p )

Can you drive OW at that though? I have a 980TI and I have shadows on medium and push 120 FPS on Ultra at 1440p.

I mean yeah it's great but it's not like it makes you better at the game or anything. It just makes it look smoother and less ghosting.

Don't mean to ruin the hype, just don't want you to drop a ton of cash because some guy was dickwaving lol.

What monitor do you have?

Ana is a great bombardier killer too. Bombardier are so annoying on hard. Those aimbots!

looks like my buddy uploaded the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3HT6iAcWZc
I'm its_torbjorn in there. (leveling alt :p )

It takes 3 shots from Ana to kill them, right? I play that mode a lot with randoms and it always seems like every mechanic is down. No problem with tires, good at one-shotting the Reaper, stuff like that, and somehow in every game when the shit hits the fan, the last thing anyone does is take down those blue bombers. I don't get it.

Redmoon

I'm rolling with a 165hz. I can say you will enjoy the upgrade from whatever your coming from. Though you might have to deal with what I did for a couple days, and that was getting physically used to the new rate.

If you have a 980ti/1070/80/tx you should be good for fps at 1440. You will have to lower settings and/or render resolution though to hold 154fps+ unless you have a Titan X pascal.

antitrop

I have a 970, but I also don't need to play the game at maxed settings. Right now I'm doing 1080p with 150% Render Scale and all other settings at pretty much max w/ 100% locked 60fps.

Going down to 100% Render Scale and High settings gives me like 160-180fps, so I'm pretty okay with that.

komaruR

Hanzo definitely has the least to do on Hard
You need equal contribution on hard. A lacking hanzo in hard is a nono.

What monitor do you have?

It takes 3 shots from Ana to kill them, right? I play that mode a lot with randoms and it always seems like every mechanic is down. No problem with tires, good at one-shotting the Reaper, stuff like that, and somehow in every game when the shit hits the fan, the last thing anyone does is take down those blue bombers. I don't get it.
Yes she does 3 shot kill but its a good helper for hanzo to get a full charged arrow to the body. so, 1 ana shot + 1 fully charged hanzo arrow to the body usually kills.

matmanx1

beat hard brawl on ps4 with my buddies yesterday. Was on my alt since I was trying to level it to 25. Didn't really care for the spray but at least its quite a feat and possible for ps4.

btw, I kept reading some past post mentioning hanzo is usually look down upon in the brawl. I'll tell you, hanzo is the only hero that can 1 shot headshot the bombardier. If you practice well, hanzo is deadly and plays a major support role for hard (dragon junkenstein, so mccree can dead eye kill it). A well place scatter arrow can destroy the riptire in one go too.

I challenge you guys to get atleast 120+ enemy kills in medium brawl for hanzo! :p

I love Hanzo on the brawl. He's ideal for taking out most of the enemies and he never has to reload. I believe on my first clear on Medium with Hanzo I had 110 kills but I have yet to try hard mode.

This is in my future as well. I'm also going G Sync so I will probably end up with an ASUS ROG or Acer Predator monitor in a few months.

I have a 970, but I also don't need to play the game at maxed settings. Right now I'm doing 1080p with 150% Render Scale and all other settings at pretty much max w/ 100% locked 60fps.

Going down to 100% Render Scale and High settings gives me like 160-180fps, so I'm pretty okay with that.

You should be Gucci then!

Hooches

Neo Member
Is anybody up for some rankeds in EU on PC?

I´m at ~2700 points and start crying soon if i have to go on playing with randoms.

Just add me: Hooches#2908

I wish my friends played on PC ;_;

80% unscoped accuracy as Ana. What a time to be alive.

Widowmaker is currently scary tho. I can see why people don't want her buffed on PC.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't intend on playing Paladins (although the dragon character is so fucking adorable , ahhhh), but I'm really glad that Hi-Rez, who have a pretty good track record with multiplayer games, is putting up some competition.
Overwatch needed competition really badly, and although Paladins doesn't look very refined yet, it eventually will be. This will keep Blizzard on their toes and make sure that they're not resting on their laurels. It really only benefits us in the long run.
TF3 is the only thing I could see being competitive to OW but Valve doesn't seem to care about TF2 and hasnt for years. The most I cna hope is that OW' success makes them think they should look into a third game for TF.

Stromlord

I don't know how I feel about the ult cost changes. I'm guessing it was done to emphasize ults in fights but I have a feeling it's just going to result in less engagement until everybody has their ults.

I suspect the ult nerf has to do with the fact that even if you are a significantly worse team, by virtue of the fact that Ana ult + Reaper ult + Zarya shield was a surefire way to wipe the opposing team 10 out of 10 times you were basically guaranteed to win a map simply by waiting for your ults to go back up over and over.

Obviously it's more efficient to win fights without that, but the mere existence of the combo allows every team at any skill level to push the cart to the end, even if it means having little to no time left.

I suppose now that the speed buff has been removed from Ana's ult we will be seeing Lucio a lot more if only for the fact that his speed guarantees a wipe every 90 seconds, or we won't see Ana at all due to the speed actually being the strongest part of her ultimate.

Still, now that mercy once again can't claim to have resurrection ready every fight we probably won't see her at all anymore in pro matches, which is what pushed her out of the meta the last time only having ult at the ready every 2nd fight.

So we either staying with Ana + Lucio or will go back to Zen + Lucio, considering the less ults overall there are the stronger Zen's ability to stop a wipe via ult become. Team comps will most likely change depending on whether you are on attack or defense.

EDIT: Also the number of fights is certainly not going to go down due to the fact that defenders have the positional advantage and therefore charge ults faster at any given time in a stalement/while poking, and having ult advantage makes it very hard for the opposing team to consistenly win fights.

So...

Where is Sombra??
kJPzZqy.jpg

eek5

* Dva checks out new PTR patch notes

"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"

"nerf this!"

"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"

* calls in mech *
"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"
"I'm number one!"
Fixed that for you.

Not even using the mech voice line exploit? Not dva main confirmed!

Twookie

Anyone else thinks that D.VA wishing "Happy Halloween!" is cutest thing ever??

it's so nice to bm spam with, love it

HEPPY HELLOWEEN
HEPPY HELLOWEEN
HEPPY HELLOWEEN
HEPPY HELLOWEEN

*enter mech*

HEPPY HELLOWEEN
HEPPY HELLOWEEN
HEPPY HELLOWEEN
HEPPY HELLOWEEN

Oh yeah this Widow player during setup kept coming up to me and emoting her ass into my face.
I was playing tracer so maybe she shipped it.

I said thanks anyway >.>

vaderise

After MANY MANY hours on PS4 i decided to buy the game on PC too but low level matches are way too annoying.
Anyone interested in group play can add me up.
VadeRise#2841

TrueBlue

Torbjorn has the best voice lines in the game.

Specifically, his greetings are delivered the best. HELLO HHEHE!Y

Is it him who says something like "Everyone, GET ON THE POINT!!"

Because I think that could be seen as representative of the experiences of a lot of people.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sombra could have the worst most internet lines ever and she still wouldn't be as annoying as Tracer

like she could say 'here come dat boi' when she interacts with Lucio and still wouldnt be as bad as MAH ULTIMAS REDDY
Is it him who says something like "Everyone, GET ON THE POINT!!"

Because I think that could be seen as representative of the experiences of a lot of people.

Yes. He also says 'protect my turret' which yall mercys wanna complain about people ignoring her pleas? Nobody protects Torbs turret.

Nobody.

Doctor Ninja

Sphincter Speaker
I think "Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!" is the most recognizable voiceline in the game since Tracer is pretty much Overwatch's mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom